Could all Religions Come Together?

Man created religion with the intent to control individuals, compel conformity, and punish transgressors – the very essence of politics.
It doesn't seem like religion is needed for any of those. Sounds like you hate religion and are looking for someone (else) to blame.

What kind of khutbas do you go to? Do they always talk about Jesus (peace be upon him) — are you sure it's not a church?
I grew up in a very christian town and went to lots of churches---they all talked
about Jesus---but I NEVER heard the word muslim or koran in a church. I got a bit older and had a job that brought me into contact with lots of muslims---mostly
medical school graduates in the USA for "further training"----I got invited to
mosques. (well there were hindus in that hospital too---so I got invited
to some hindu "things") In the mosque I heard vicious diatribes against
christians and "their fraudulent bible"---and the "fact" that christians are
the "ENEMEEEEES OF ISLAAAAM" One particularly nauseating Khutbah took
place on a GOOD FRIDAY-----being a school holiday there were lots of
muslim boys present-----kids living in a christian city being told that the
christian kids are ENEMEEEEES OF ISLAAAM. I almost threw up.

Not only do you preach a dangerous theology but you don't even understand it. Earlier in this thread you said the Spirit of God was at work in everyone. Then you said well the Spirit blows where it will. This what happens when you make up a religion. It's contradictory and vulnerable to your whims.

To your parent comment:

Yes different children will have different perspectives of parents. But they will recognize them. There is no reconciling a triune God and a monotheistic God. Can I respect and even love people in other religions? Yes. Can I worship God WITH them? No.

It is not kind to preach heresy.

Umm..no.

The Quran is its own proof of its authenticity.
The definition cited confirms the quoted post. Saying that something proves itself true because it says so is not reasoning, it is a choice to believe. Such a choice is in no position to find fault with any other person's beliefs. Direct experience is not choosing to believe, it is realizing what is. This is the uncomfortable truth for those who insist their faith must be correct.
How did Mohammed come to have the Koranic content? Wasn't it through direct revelation?

I grew up in a very christian town and went to lots of churches---they all talked
about Jesus---but I NEVER heard the word muslim or koran in a church. I got a bit older and had a job that brought me into contact with lots of muslims---mostly
medical school graduates in the USA for "further training"----I got invited to
mosques. (well there were hindus in that hospital too---so I got invited
to some hindu "things") In the mosque I heard vicious diatribes against
christians and "their fraudulent bible"---and the "fact" that christians are
the "ENEMEEEEES OF ISLAAAAM" One particularly nauseating Khutbah took
place on a GOOD FRIDAY-----being a school holiday there were lots of
muslim boys present-----kids living in a christian city being told that the
christian kids are ENEMEEEEES OF ISLAAAM. I almost threw up.

A lot of people are enemies of Islam, sometimes non-Muslims are called enemies of Islam, in general. I'm not sure what you're pretending to be so upset about.

"You will surely find the most intense of the people in animosity toward the believers [to be] the Jews and those who associate others with Allāh; and you will find the nearest of them in affection to the believers those who say, "We are Christians." That is because among them are priests and monks and because they are not arrogant." Quran 5:82

Earlier in this thread you said the Spirit of God was at work in everyone.
Yes. We are God's creation and Genesis tells us that God's spirit went forth, that it is a moving force. Creation is an ongoing process and the Spirit of God is upon us. I was taught God is everywhere, which means His Spirit is everywhere. You may be aware of Bible verses that tell us God is in our midst.

It is not kind to preach heresy.
All uniting in simply worshiping God is not a heresy. I am not proposing you seek another faith. Can we all come together to worship God as we know Him? You say, No. And that's fine. It answers the question the OP asked.

A lot of people are enemies of Islam, sometimes non-Muslims are called enemies of Islam, in general. I'm not sure what you're pretending to be so upset about.

"You will surely find the most intense of the people in animosity toward the believers [to be] the Jews and those who associate others with Allāh; and you will find the nearest of them in affection to the believers those who say, "We are Christians." That is because among them are priests and monks and because they are not arrogant." Quran 5:82
are you trying to prove something by quoting the KHARAHAN?. Only a vile
and disgusting PIG would preach HATRED TO CHILDREN

a personal opinion-----I read the NT----and I am
OF THE OPINION----that nothing that can be
reliably stated as being by Jesus-----conflicts with (in my opinion) the fact that Jesus was a
typical Pharisee jew who unintentionally became a
Cult-Hero
If Jesus were a typical Pharisee, he would not have challenged the Pharisees or called them hypocrites and whitewashed tombs.

Pharisees, like whitewashed tombs, knowing not the Father, were the walking dead, full of dead men’s bones (Mt 23:27). Strangers to God, they were dead. James said the same thing; apart from the spirit, the body is dead (Jas 2:26). This was a belief of the ancient Israelites in general.

The Sadducees disagreed with the Pharisees on any concept of resurrection, and sought Jesus’ opinion on it, posing to him a question about bodily resurrection, or new life in which people continue to marry (Mk 12:18-23). Jesus answered that in the resurrection, people do not marry but are like the angels (Mk 12:25). Jesus preached a spiritual resurrection. Resurrection was not in the material. It was not in houses, brothers, sisters, parents, or children (Mt 19:29). The Pharisees believed that decomposed human bodies would reconstitute and rise out of the ground. Hence, they were the walking dead, full of dead men’s bones (Mt 23:27).

Not so with Jesus.

And this is not the story of other religions, either. They are not compatible with Christianity.

Yes. We are God's creation and Genesis tells us that God's spirit went forth, that it is a moving force. Creation is an ongoing process and the Spirit of God is upon us. I was taught God is everywhere, which means His Spirit is everywhere. You may be aware of Bible verses that tell us God is in our midst.

Was the Holy Spirit in Judas when He betrayed Jesus?

Christians have taken a man as their god. Can you have more proof of the falsity after the supposed god, came out of a woman, ate, defecated, prayed, fasted, supplicated to God, and then was supposedly killed. What kind of a god is that? Is that all powerful or all knowing? No. Eternal? No. Self sufficient? No.

God is not born, God does not grow, God does not need food, God does not pray, fast, or supplicate to Himself and God does not die.
The God that created the universe can do anything he pleases. If he wants to be a human, he can do that. No problem.

If Jesus were a typical Pharisee, he would not have challenged the Pharisees or called them hypocrites and whitewashed tombs.
Matthew was a SHILL for the Romans which is how he got to be a
tax collector. Do you know of any PRINICIPLE upon which Jesus
expounded that is reliably reported that conflicts with the Pharisee
ethos? ----knock yourself out on that one

"Reliably reported"?

All uniting in simply worshiping God is not a heresy. I am not proposing you seek another faith. Can we all come together to worship God as we know Him? You say, No. And that's fine. It answers the question the OP asked.

maybe not heresy but not what was the goal set by the heavens through a&e's removal from paradise.

the point of a&e's journey was self determination - no longer to worship the heavens but to understand their own existence.

an existence that came to a near fatal conclusion and intervention by the heavens to correct that course for all humanity by their prescribed religion of antiquity of how remission to the everlasting would be accomplished.

that would be the unity sought by the heavens - for all to triumph similarly good vs evil as would be the final judgement for all humanity - if for an individual alone is not clear in their message of - all or non.

the desert religions are corruptions of the religion of antiquity and the conclusion of the 1st century events was a reversal of a&e's original goal.

That some individuals could gather in one place and peacefully pray or otherwise carry out religious rites is one thing. On the scale of religions "coming together", that is illogical.
That there could eventually be one "religion" is perhaps even probable.

That some individuals could gather in one place and peacefully pray or otherwise carry out religious rites is one thing. On the scale of religions "coming together", that is illogical.
That there could eventually be one "religion" is perhaps even probable.
I don't think it is and if that ever happens it will be under duress and not a free choice.

Jews Christians and Muslims will not concede any of their beliefs in order to reconcile the 3 different religions and the 3 different gods they worship

Why, yes, I do know of one. See post #211.

And to be sure, the New Testament, I think, tells us as much about the Pharisees as any extra-biblical work of the time does.

Forum List

Back