Could all Religions Come Together?

"Reliably reported"?
yes---"RELIABLY" by someone who was actually THERE and not a
Roman shill.
Why, yes, I do know of one. See post #211.

And to be sure, the New Testament, I think, tells us as much about the Pharisees as any extra-biblical work of the time does.
your comprehension of the biblical verse in question is HIGHLY
QUESTIONABLE----as is your concept of human RESSURECTION as
a specific PHARISEE concept vs the really questionable "corpse angels
getting wings" The NT says virtually NOTHING about the pharisees
other than the fact that the Romans hated them

Unite into one faith? Why can't we have the freedom to explore different points of view on our own? And the majority of the people of the world get along with people of other faiths even if they don't agree with them. The only thing that makes sense is to have peace with diversity, not without diversity. Otherwise freedom takes a major hit. Nope. I am perfectly OK withy having a muslim live next door to me as long as he's a peaceful dude and doesn't push his shit on me. I don't know WHAT you are but you sound like you want to put the same robe on everyone and you can fuckin keep it.

Christians have taken a man as their god. Can you have more proof of the falsity after the supposed god, came out of a woman, ate, defecated, prayed, fasted, supplicated to God, and then was supposedly killed. What kind of a god is that? Is that all powerful or all knowing? No. Eternal? No. Self sufficient? No.

God is not born, God does not grow, God does not need food, God does not pray, fast, or supplicate to Himself and God does not die.
Ignorance is truly bliss with this excrement. You do not know, nor have ever met God. And, yet, you know all this about God? You have an opinion of what your god should be like. That's all. Right?
:bowdown:

You've divided your god already. The actual one God is not made out of separate pieces, like a car or a computer, not is He a man, nor is He an angel, nor does He reproduce. He doesn't need offspring. We have offspring because we die. God never dies, therefore has no need for offspring to remain behind after Him. He doesn't worship anyone and He has no needs whatsoever.
You sound like you have met God. You seem to know everything there is about Him. Tell us when you met with Him and he explained all this to you.

Jesus said more than one verse. For example, He and the Father are One; he is one with God.

When we cannot believe in Jesus without believing in God, because they are One, the reverse is also true. One cannot believe in God without believing in Jesus--whether they accept the New Testament or not. It would be like believing in a table, but not believing in the wood that makes the table.

Second, Jesus reaches out to the lost, it is who he is. Third, Jesus once noted he had sheep in other folds.

The ever present drive to separate, reminds me of a quote from Edwin Markham:

“He drew a circle that shut me out-
Heretic, rebel, a thing to flout.
But love and I had the wit to win:
We drew a circle and took him in.”

Jesus was like that. he drew a circle that took people in.
Joe Biden use to say He and Obama were one. You need to take a deeper look into this sort of statement. You will find out that they are one in purpose and not one person or the same person. Second, Obama and Joe were members of the Presidency. The Father and Son are members of God or the Godhead. But, as with the Presidency, The Father and Son are separate and distinct individuals with one purpose, to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of Mankind. Here's some food for thought for the Trinitarianist here:
1) Jesus prayed frequently to the Father, calling Him by that name, Was the Savior praying to Himself?
2) At the baptism of Jesus a voice was heard from the heavens saying, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased (Luke 3:22). Was he pleased with himself?
3) In answering the Pharisees, who accused the Savior of being his own witness, he rebutted, It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true. I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me (John 8:17-18).
4) However, we also read in the scriptures that the Father and the Son are one. I and my Father are one (John 10:30). One of the two concepts may be taken literally, while the other must be understood in an allegorical sense. That the Father and Son are not literally one, but one in purpose is demonstrated by the words of the Savior, And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are (John 17:11).
5) Matthew 20:23, "And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father.
6) That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, John 17:21 Were all Jesus flock one person? One in purpose..
7) Romans 12:4-5, "For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office: So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.

As you can see, there are definite scriptures that show the Father and Son are separate personages with different wills and thoughts. But, the other versus also show that they are one in purpose, to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of Mankind.

Despite differences, could all faiths unite? What are the great differences, and how might they be overcome so we might worship together?
Praying together is different from uniting faiths. Praying together isn't that difficult. We have ecumenical services for some holy days such as Ash Wednesday. But uniting faiths isn't desirable unless everyone becomes Catholic. The only way to do that is for we Catholics to provide the best examples of living lives like Jesus as we can, and then people can watch and learn by example, and hopefully want to become Catholic, too.

What say you? One thing I know the Holy Spirit does not do is to interfere with freedom of choice. Judas made a choice.

Luke 22:3 "Then Satan entered Judas..."

So no. Judas was not indwelt by the Holy Spirit and you know this. You have a problem with your theology where you are making the Third Person of the Trinity what He is not. Why you must do this is anyone's guess.

Luke 22:3 "Then Satan entered Judas..."

So no. Judas was not indwelt by the Holy Spirit and you know this. You have a problem with your theology where you are making the Third Person of the Trinity what He is not. Why you must do this is anyone's guess.
If it was a case of Judas' being possessed, then he is not guilty.

If it was a case of Judas' being possessed, then he is not guilty.

It does not seem to be a case of being "out of his mind" possessed as in the people Jesus healed who were then "in their right minds". There are two cases of "possession" in the Bible it would seem: one involuntary and one where cooperation is required. I would say the vast majority of cases are the latter.

Are there any "reliable" sources?
yes---some historians are reliable and even those aspects of
scriptural accounts that can be verified by cross referencing or
even archaeology are reliable. CONSISTENCY is also important
when dealing with ancient accounts. As to the NT, I question any
account by "LUKE" about "what Jesus said"----since Luke did not
so much as speak the same language as did Jesus and never met him.
Matthew was tied up with the Romans----tax collectors in those days
were roman shills-----that's how they got the job. <<< this is a fact
that shows up ELSEWHERE A question I like to ask the "evil pharisee"
persons-------Do you know what CAIAPHAS WAS? or what he is
considered in actual written jewish history? How about the
"money changers"? Heinrich Schliemann worked hard at verifying
the fact of the TROJAN WARS (I consider the Odyssey to be a scriptural
writing)

Perhaps I should have asked, Despite differing beliefs, how can we make worshiping together happen?

Let's start with the three Abrahamic faiths. How might we come together?
We would need an ET intervention. And even then, it would be denied.

It does not seem to be a case of being "out of his mind" possessed as in the people Jesus healed who were then "in their right minds". There are two cases of "possession" in the Bible it would seem: one involuntary and one where cooperation is required. I would say the vast majority of cases are the latter.
You touch a very interesting point, Sue. In the Pharisee minds back then,
Blasphemy was just about never a "crime" ---persons who expressed disbelief
were, simply, termed NUTS. Same is true of persons who privately violated
ritual laws and customs. To what cases of "possession" do you refer
in the Bible?

You touch a very interesting point, Sue. In the Pharisee minds back then,
Blasphemy was just about never a "crime" ---persons who expressed disbelief
were, simply, termed NUTS. Same is true of persons who privately violated
ritual laws and customs. To what cases of "possession" do you refer
in the Bible?

Mark 5:1-20 the man in the tombs

It would be instructive to put representatives of the religions on an island, for example, and have them all direct their attention to divine intervention. Evaluating the results could be illustrative.
As for individuals, the fact that so many people base their 'faith' upon hearsay should tell us a great deal about the condition of belief. The fear in established religions of personal revelation is itself revelatory.
Jesus' words speak to one or they do not. In those words are the instructions to ask, knock, look and receive answers.

Forum List

Back