Could all Religions Come Together?

The gospels were written in Greek, Seems Jesus and his boys were Hebrew so...
So what? If there were Aramaic and/or Hebrew accounts, they did not survive. Most scholars note that it is more likely the first followers of Jesus had their own disciples who were able to record the Apostles accounts into Greek.

No Hindi has ever condemned me to hell for being Buddhist.
Many of your fellow Christians have.
I'm not the problem, you are,
Equally true, many have not. So...why am I the problem when others do?

BTW...Hindi are not Monotheists,
You think I need told that? When I noted earlier that my daughter's high school friend and college roommate (and her mother) are Hindu? Had another online acquaintance who was also Hindu. Had many good discussions on Hinduism. (Pssst! She wasn't monotheistic, either.)

I do not worry over your fantasies.

If your god will condemn based solely on belief then I'll stand safely with Moses, Daniel, David, and Buddha.
LOL. How did Buddha find its way onto that list? That's funny.

You think I need told that? When I noted earlier that my daughter's high school friend and college roommate (and her mother) are Hindu? Had another online acquaintance who was also Hindu. Had many good discussions on Hinduism. (Pssst! She wasn't monotheistic, either.)
That you feel the need to tell me Hindi are not monotheistic show your limited understanding.

Did either of them threaten you with damnation because of your beliefs?
No?

A lesson all monotheists should learn

Who told you that?
Genesis could not have been written by any human since no humans were around
The 4 books of the new testament were written long after the people who claimed to sere it were dead.

Written by men to influence the ignorant.

That you feel the need to tell me Hindi are not monotheistic show your limited understanding.

Did either of them threaten you with damnation because of your beliefs?
No?

A lesson all monotheists should learn
You were the one who was telling me Hindi are not monotheistic, which I thought hilarious.

The subject of damnation never came up, most probably because neither of us hold that belief. Who taught you (or didn't teach you) about religion?

Genesis could not have been written by any human since no humans were around
The 4 books of the new testament were written long after the people who claimed to sere it were dead.

Written by men to influence the ignorant.
Again...your sources?

You were the one who was telling me Hindi are not monotheistic, which I thought hilarious.

The subject of damnation never came up, most probably because neither of us hold that belief. Who taught you (or didn't teach you) about religion?
That is a lie. check your post 1712 where you bragged of knowing Hindi.
Might want to check that 10 commandments list. Seem you forgot one.

Much of Buddhism is derived from Hinduism.
THIS I know.

BTW...Hindi are not Monotheists,
Hindu's believe in a Creator God or Supreme God. They are much closer in belief to Christians than they are to you.

Hindus believe in many Gods who perform various functions; like executives in a large corporation. These should not be confused with the Supreme God.

The unique understanding in Hinduism is that God is not far away, living in a remote heaven, but is inside each and every soul, in the heart and consciousness, waiting to be discovered. And the goal of Hinduism is knowing God in this intimate and experiential way.

Hinduism is both monotheistic and henotheistic. Hinduism is not polytheistic. Henotheism (literally “one God”) better defines the Hindu view. It means the worship of one God without denying the existence of other Gods. Hindus believe in the one all-pervasive God who energizes the entire universe. It is believed that God is both in the world and beyond it. That is the highest Hindu view.

Last edited:
The Catholic belief that God supplies reality to everything and every part of the universe at all times and the Hindu belief that God energizes the entire universe are not far apart. They are essentially saying the same thing. Which is light years away from the atheist position that the only thing that exists is matter. That the incorporeal only exists as part of the corporeal.

- how about actually discussing the true religion than something made up in the desert.
Go ahead. Will the discussion be longer than 6 words because in the past that was the extent of your discussion.

obviously above your ability - thinking for yourself - the desert and teddy bear, c-bible is all they need for lives of blissful ignorance and self gratuity. the multitudes of depravity.

Forum List

Back