Could it be that MAGA wants to see the US default?

Are you really this fucking stupid?

1684943327428.png

I mean, you have people like Bannon saying he wants to tear the whole thing down. Then there is trump, who is advocating for a default as he sings the praises of Putin. I think the hard line MAGA cult wants the country to default.
Does the MAGA movement want the US to default? I would say most likely no because it would hurt them, even if they only realized it after the fact.

But I believe Trump wants the US to default for a simple reason. It's because it would help him win reelection since a president running for reelection with an economy in the toilet is almost certainly going to lose and lose big.

Economic collapse is going to happen, regardless of what is done now. What's just as certain is that the DC scum will blame the Trump supporters for it. In that situation, why should we give a fock when it will actually occur? Sooner, later, what difference does it make to MAGA Americans? This train ride is one we're all going to see come to an end and there is no stopping that.
This is all anyone needs to know. Liberals and moderates care. Conservatives don't give a fock.

Does the MAGA movement want the US to default? I would say most likely no because it would hurt them, even if they only realized it after the fact.

But I believe Trump wants the US to default for a simple reason. It's because it would help him win reelection since a president running for reelection with an economy in the toilet is almost certainly going to lose and lose big.

I have seen this happen in business, clubs and politics. They are prepared to burn it to the ground if they lose. The only way to combat this behavior is to be willing to hand them the lit match. When they figure out that you are willing to take it all the way like they threaten then they will either back away from the precipice or take it to the mat. When dealing with fanatics, be prepared to get down into the dirt, beer and piss.

I mean, you have people like Bannon saying he wants to tear the whole thing down. Then there is trump, who is advocating for a default as he sings the praises of Putin. I think the hard line MAGA cult wants the country to default.
I believe you are correct.

I think the hard line MAGA cult wants the country to default.
The closer we get to the deadline, I have to admit, the more I'm wondering.

These people clearly don't understand what this would cause, nor do they understand the damage it has ALREADY caused. The rest of the world -- and yes, the rest of the world really does matter when it comes to our economics, regardless of what these ignorant rubes think -- no longer trusts us because of them. The rest of the world is watching our elections pretty carefully.

What I still don't understand is how clueless they appear to be. And my standards for them are not exactly high to BEGIN with.

Some - maybe a majority - of Republicans realize what a disaster this would be. Senators in particular know this, but are afraid to come out and say it because they don't want to be accused of taking Biden's side or going soft.

But there are MAGAs in MAGA-gerrymandered districts who were sent to Congress to do exactly this: to be legislative terrorists. This is a political ecosystem of chaos, and that is what we've got now.

I think a lot of long-time pundits don't see the real dangers here. This is not like last time. There are activists within each party that are not going to take no for an answer. If McCarthy compromises, MAGAs will possibly end his speakership. If Biden caves, progressives will be furious and may vote against the bill out of spite.

That's the thing: McCarthy and Biden are not necessarily the final word and they may have limited influence to force their party's hand. This could drag on for days, even weeks, especially as the consequences become more dire.

Oh absolutely Trump wants a default.

I think that if a really bad prolonged budget battle happens, we're looking at a 3rd party and we're also looking at extremism within the two parties, which we kind of have now already but it'll get much worse.

The closer we get to the deadline, I have to admit, the more I'm wondering.

No need to wonder. The MAGA wing of the party - which is thicker than pig shit - has no problem with a default because the seriously do not understand the potential consequences. And unfortunately, Wall Street is so used to this that they may not wake up to the dangers until it's too late.

They don't understand that it's a different congress this time. McCarthy's an adult in the room, but he may not be - I think likely isn't - strong enough to force a compromise on the first vote, and maybe not even the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th. And under the arrangement the party made to make him Speaker, all it takes is one pissed off MAGA to unseat him. Then that could lead to a whole new cascade of problems as we'd have a power vacuum at a critical moment.

The danger I'm seeing is total dysfunction, total paralysis to the point where markets tank. We would probably not recover from this anytime soon, as money would move out of the economy and somewhere else more stable.

I hope that sensible leadership can force a compromise that gets worked out later in the year, but I'm seeing the potential for enormous disaster.

No need to wonder. The MAGA wing of the party - which is thicker than pig shit - has no problem with a default because the seriously do not understand the potential consequences. And unfortunately, Wall Street is so used to this that they may not wake up to the dangers until it's too late.

They don't understand that it's a different congress this time. McCarthy's an adult in the room, but he may not be - I think likely isn't - strong enough to force a compromise on the first vote, and maybe not even the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th. And under the arrangement the party made to make him Speaker, all it takes is one pissed off MAGA to unseat him. Then that could lead to a whole new cascade of problems as we'd have a power vacuum at a critical moment.

The danger I'm seeing is total dysfunction, total paralysis to the point where markets tank. We would probably not recover from this anytime soon, as money would move out of the economy and somewhere else more stable.

I hope that sensible leadership can force a compromise that gets worked out later in the year, but I'm seeing the potential for enormous disaster.
McCarthy, unfortunately, is the wild card here. I want to believe that he is informed, intelligent, and cogent enough to override his craven political ambitions and able to pull back from the brink. The problem is, damage has already been done from a global macroeconomic perspective.

I want to believe he'll do the right thing. But I don't know.

WTF?
Holy fuck, no wonder why teabaggers hate the government, they don't even know how it works, nor the inclination to find out.
I have seen this happen in business, clubs and politics. They are prepared to burn it to the ground if they lose. The only way to combat this behavior is to be willing to hand them the lit match. When they figure out that you are willing to take it all the way like they threaten then they will either back away from the precipice or take it to the mat. When dealing with fanatics, be prepared to get down into the dirt, beer and piss.
This is all anyone needs to know. Liberals and moderates care. Conservatives don't give a fock.
These people (especially the talk radio rubes like MTG) are so insulated in their little world that they have absolutely no idea of the ramifications of their actions here. None.

This is, literally, scary. This is like putting a loaded pistol in the hand of a five year old.

These people (especially the talk radio rubes like MTG) are so insulated in their little world that they have absolutely no idea of the ramifications of their actions here. None.

This is, literally, scary. This is like putting a loaded pistol in the hand of a five year old.
Fucking projecting democrat cultist

McCarthy, unfortunately, is the wild card here. I want to believe that he is informed, intelligent, and cogent enough to override his craven political ambitions and able to pull back from the brink. The problem is, damage has already been done from a global macroeconomic perspective.

I want to believe he'll do the right thing. But I don't know.
You're not getting your Marxist eutopia simp

You turds have no problem with the destruction of America simp

Forum List

Back