Could Somebody Explain the Hypocrisy of Catholicism?

House

Opinionated Ass
Nov 1, 2012
According to Jesus: I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. (John 14:6) - He is our intercessor before God.

According to Catholics, priests are our intercessors before Christ. So... we need an intercessor for our intercessor? :eusa_think:

According to Jesus: And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven. (Matthew 23:9)

According to Catholics, what do priests like to be addressed as, again?

According to Jesus: Render ye therefore to Caesar that which is Caesar's, and to God that which is God's (Matthew 22:21) - in response to a question regarding tribute (taxation)

Yet, the Catholic Church does not follow this doctrine.

There's even hypocrisy within their own ranks. The pope resides in luxuriant splendor in his far removed kingdom of Vatican City, while priests are subjected to an ascetic life. This is in direct contravention to the teachings of Christ.

According to Jesus: The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and they that exercise authority upon them are called benefactors. But ye shall not be so: but he that is greatest among you, let him be as the younger; and he that is chief, as he that doth serve. (Luke 22:25-26)

The Catholic Church likes to consider itself the ultimate authority on Christianity, so I must be missing something because certainly such a knowledgeable group of people (and I have no doubt the Catholic leadership are exceedingly intelligent) would not commit such blasphemies.

So, can somebody tell me how I'm wrong?

Sorry. Too confusing for me. Which is why I don't follow organized religion.

Like Liberalism.

Like Global Warming.

Catholicism is a faith.

That's all you need to know.

Wrong. Catholicism is a religion based on faith.

Faith I'm not questioning. It's the religion I doubt.

Catholicism has done with religion what countless other enterprises have done with the internet...they found a way to make money out of it.

When you don't take the Bible literally, you can say the Bible or God doesn't mean what He / it says and lead people astray or be led astray.

When you don't take the Bible literally, you can say the Bible or God doesn't mean what He / it says and lead people astray or be led astray.

Incorrect.

The bible was written by men, and interpreted by men subsequently. The Catholic interpretation of the bible and Christian dogma in general is jus as ‘valid’ as any other Christian denomination or sect.

It's really easy...................they teach you dogma that you must follow absolutely so that you will be in fear for your everlasting soul, and therefore more inclined to give them money so that they can continue to brainwash you with dogma, so that you will give them more money, ad nauseum.

It's a dangerous road when a group gets too dogmatic, because then they try to "out purify" each other so they can claim a higher place in Heaven for themselves, but the trouble is, when they start to out purify each other, they make the rules harder and harder to follow, so that eventually, the dogma ends up making hypocrites out of everyone. Look at what happened with the Puritans and the Victorians.

Another place that shows up is politics. Need an example? Look how far the Tea Party has gone off the rails of the original conservatives in their bid to be considered "better" than their fellow GOP types.

Shit.......................if Reagan (whom they seem to deify) was to try to run as a GOP presidential candidate today? He'd never make it, because he'd be considered a RINO.

Last edited:
It's really easy...................they teach you dogma that you must follow absolutely so that you will be in fear for your everlasting soul, and therefore more inclined to give them money so that they can continue to brainwash you with dogma, so that you will give them more money, ad nauseum.

It's a dangerous road when a group gets too dogmatic, because then they try to "out purify" each other so they can claim a higher place in Heaven for themselves, but the trouble is, when they start to out purify each other, they make the rules harder and harder to follow, so that eventually, the dogma ends up making hypocrites out of everyone. Look at what happened with the Puritans and the Victorians.

Another place that shows up is politics. Need an example? Look how far the Tea Party has gone off the rails of the original conservatives in their bid to be considered "better" than their fellow GOP types.

Shit.......................if Reagan (whom they seem to deify) was to try to run as a GOP presidential candidate today? He'd never make it, because he'd be considered a RINO.
Stick to the subject, ok?

Hey.................I was just showing you that the main problem is dogma, as well as showing you other places where dogma causes problems.

Hey.................I was just showing you that the main problem is dogma, as well as showing you other places where dogma causes problems.
You were trolling.

Nope, wasn't trolling, but believe what you will.

However....................I stand by my statement that trying to make your dogma somehow more "pure" than another persons will almost always lead to hypocritical behavior.

But.................that's because a lot of people think it's more important to look good than actually act well.

According to Jesus: I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. (John 14:6) - He is our intercessor before God.

According to Catholics, priests are our intercessors before Christ. So... we need an intercessor for our intercessor? :eusa_think:

According to Jesus: And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven. (Matthew 23:9)

According to Jesus: Render ye therefore to Caesar that which is Caesar's, and to God that which is God's (Matthew 22:21) - in response to a question regarding tribute (taxation)

There's even hypocrisy within their own ranks. The pope resides in luxuriant splendor in his far removed kingdom of Vatican City, while priests are subjected to an ascetic life. This is in direct contravention to the teachings of Christ.

According to Jesus: The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and they that exercise authority upon them are called benefactors. But ye shall not be so: but he that is greatest among you, let him be as the younger; and he that is chief, as he that doth serve. (Luke 22:25-26)

The Catholic Church likes to consider itself the ultimate authority on Christianity, so I must be missing something because certainly such a knowledgeable group of people (and I have no doubt the Catholic leadership are exceedingly intelligent) would not commit such blasphemies.

Yeshua was Jewish. Yeshua taught Judaism. During his lifetime Christianity didn't exist and wouldn't until several decades or even centuries later when the NT texts had been written and compiled into the NT+OT/Bible.

Catholicism begins with the faulty premise that it's the universal faith. Judaism does NOT teach that its right for everybody. And the more they quote or use Yeshua, the more wrong they become. The whole of Christianity is factually incorrect. If Yeshua WAS the Jewish Messiah ok, how's that help you if not Jewish? If Yeshua WAS the Jewish Messiah, why do they then say he was G-d incarnate when the whole Messiah idea in Judaism makes it VERY clear the Messiah will be a mortal man with no 'superpowers' whatsoever? Goes on and on like that with all this nonsense totally at odds with the whole Messiah idea.

Only way then to be a good Catholic or other Christian is to never actually read the Bible. If you do, you'll instantly notice how the NT stuff is totally antithetical to the OT portion.

According to Jesus: "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

But still, most Xns own worldly possessions. :eusa_whistle:

Religion is for those who are afraid of going to hell. Spirituality is for those who have already been there.

(Saw that in my Pinterest).

That doesn't mean it's true.

Religion pure before God is to take care of the widow and fatherless and to keep oneself unspotted from the world.

I don't really think it's hypocrisy per se. you have to understand that the scriptures were denied to the general public and indeed, most of the priests, until the invention of the printing. Which was around 1500AD. So there were about 1500 years of traditions entering into the Catholic Church that has developed as part of their theology.

It's just a sign of the prophecied Apostasy.

According to Jesus: "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

But still, most Xns own worldly possessions. :eusa_whistle:

Jesus was talking to one man. Not to all Christians.

I don't really think it's hypocrisy per se. you have to understand that the scriptures were denied to the general public and indeed, most of the priests, until the invention of the printing. Which was around 1500AD. So there were about 1500 years of traditions entering into the Catholic Church that has developed as part of their theology.

It's just a sign of the prophecied Apostasy.

No excuse, because the blasphemies continue today.

Forum List

Back