Could Somebody Explain the Hypocrisy of Catholicism?

Religion is for those who are afraid of going to hell. Spirituality is for those who have already been there.

(Saw that in my Pinterest).

That doesn't mean it's true.

Religion pure before God is to take care of the widow and fatherless and to keep oneself unspotted from the world.

If your definition of pure religion is true, then why are all the good Christian Conservatives (like Cruz, Ryan, and a lot of others) so interested in getting rid of welfare and unemployment benefits?

Lots of single mothers (i.e. fatherless families) need those programs to help them survive, as not many people are willing to hire a single mother because family requirements might interfere with their job.

Same thing with widows who have lost their husbands (i.e. the primary breadwinner).

Interesting how Christians like to cherry pick the Bible to prove their narrow point, rather than trying to understand the whole context of the text.

According to Jesus: I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. (John 14:6) - He is our intercessor before God.

According to Catholics, priests are our intercessors before Christ. So... we need an intercessor for our intercessor? :eusa_think:

According to Jesus: And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven. (Matthew 23:9)

According to Catholics, what do priests like to be addressed as, again?

According to Jesus: Render ye therefore to Caesar that which is Caesar's, and to God that which is God's (Matthew 22:21) - in response to a question regarding tribute (taxation)

Yet, the Catholic Church does not follow this doctrine.

There's even hypocrisy within their own ranks. The pope resides in luxuriant splendor in his far removed kingdom of Vatican City, while priests are subjected to an ascetic life. This is in direct contravention to the teachings of Christ.

According to Jesus: The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and they that exercise authority upon them are called benefactors. But ye shall not be so: but he that is greatest among you, let him be as the younger; and he that is chief, as he that doth serve. (Luke 22:25-26)

The Catholic Church likes to consider itself the ultimate authority on Christianity, so I must be missing something because certainly such a knowledgeable group of people (and I have no doubt the Catholic leadership are exceedingly intelligent) would not commit such blasphemies.

So, can somebody tell me how I'm wrong?

Did you forget "original sin"?

They say they're against abortion and want to save all those sacred little fetuses, but once that little critter is born, its not good enough to get into "heaven".

What's up with that?

For that matter, they also say they're against birth control but come on ... If they lived what they preach, they'd all be pregnant all the time and the earth would be covered with catholics. The only possible explanation is that they're not having sex, which of course, makes them miserable. That's why they don't want any of the rest of us to have sex either.

Religion is for those who are afraid of going to hell. Spirituality is for those who have already been there.

Religion pure before God is to take care of the widow and fatherless and to keep oneself unspotted from the world.

If your definition of pure religion is true, then why are all the good Christian Conservatives (like Cruz, Ryan, and a lot of others) so interested in getting rid of welfare and unemployment benefits?

Lots of single mothers (i.e. fatherless families) need those programs to help them survive, as not many people are willing to hire a single mother because family requirements might interfere with their job.

Same thing with widows who have lost their husbands (i.e. the primary breadwinner).

Interesting how Christians like to cherry pick the Bible to prove their narrow point, rather than trying to understand the whole context of the text.

Cafeteria Christians -

If they actually lived what they preach, it would wear them out. Easier to just preach it to the rest of us.

Because God wants us to take care of the widow and fatherless. Not outsource those responsibilities to others.

According to Jesus: I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. (John 14:6) - He is our intercessor before God.

According to Catholics, priests are our intercessors before Christ. So... we need an intercessor for our intercessor? :eusa_think:

According to Jesus: And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven. (Matthew 23:9)

According to Jesus: Render ye therefore to Caesar that which is Caesar's, and to God that which is God's (Matthew 22:21) - in response to a question regarding tribute (taxation)

There's even hypocrisy within their own ranks. The pope resides in luxuriant splendor in his far removed kingdom of Vatican City, while priests are subjected to an ascetic life. This is in direct contravention to the teachings of Christ.

According to Jesus: The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and they that exercise authority upon them are called benefactors. But ye shall not be so: but he that is greatest among you, let him be as the younger; and he that is chief, as he that doth serve. (Luke 22:25-26)

The Catholic Church likes to consider itself the ultimate authority on Christianity, so I must be missing something because certainly such a knowledgeable group of people (and I have no doubt the Catholic leadership are exceedingly intelligent) would not commit such blasphemies.

You haven't begun to make a legitimate serious argument, IMO.

By the way --- who told you the Bible was the sole authority of Jesus Christ's mission?

• Thanks
Reactions: Vox
I don't really think it's hypocrisy per se. you have to understand that the scriptures were denied to the general public and indeed, most of the priests, until the invention of the printing. Which was around 1500AD. So there were about 1500 years of traditions entering into the Catholic Church that has developed as part of their theology.
a total lie. nothing was denied.

It's just a sign of the prophecied Apostasy.
whith the prophesied Apostasy which appeared after 1500 years of normal existence of the Church had to label on those whom they betrayed :lol:

(that's just giving you the ball back - the Apostasy was completed in the First Century)

Last edited:
If you do, you'll instantly notice how the NT stuff is totally antithetical to the OT portion.

So what? Why can't it be? Jesus Christ closed one era and opened the New One. He fulfilled the prophesies of the Old Testament and established the New Covenant.

For those who follow Him the New Testament is much more important than the Old One ( which is revered, but it can not even be compared to the NT),

Last edited:
The Virgin Birth as well as the infallibility of the Pope are cornerstones of the Church.

Also, the Eucharistic transfiguration.

Catholicism once bore me a miracle, and for that I'll be grateful for the rest of my life. But it's been decades since I've attended Mass. Or participated in the Sacraments.

If I were ever to return to Religion, it would be within the Church. If for no other reason than to witness the Sacrifice of the Mass. I'm no longer allowed to receive the Sacraments.

Long story.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vox

You haven't begun to make a legitimate serious argument, IMO.

By the way --- who told you the Bible was the sole authority of Jesus Christ's mission?

Get back to me when you have something of substance to contribute.

Yeshua was Jewish. Yeshua taught Judaism. During his lifetime Christianity didn't exist and wouldn't until several decades or even centuries later when the NT texts had been written and compiled into the NT+OT/Bible.

Catholicism begins with the faulty premise that it's the universal faith. Judaism does NOT teach that its right for everybody. And the more they quote or use Yeshua, the more wrong they become. The whole of Christianity is factually incorrect. If Yeshua WAS the Jewish Messiah ok, how's that help you if not Jewish? If Yeshua WAS the Jewish Messiah, why do they then say he was G-d incarnate when the whole Messiah idea in Judaism makes it VERY clear the Messiah will be a mortal man with no 'superpowers' whatsoever? Goes on and on like that with all this nonsense totally at odds with the whole Messiah idea.

Only way then to be a good Catholic or other Christian is to never actually read the Bible. If you do, you'll instantly notice how the NT stuff is totally antithetical to the OT portion.

I met a Jewish Rabbi and was invited to his house by some Orthodox Jews and I felt he was more Christian than most Christians with the exception of his fallen nature. How does that help your understanding of being Jewish if my Jewish friend is really acting Christian?

If Jesus was the Messiah, how does that help you if you were not Jewish? The Old Testament is about Gentiles. Abraham was an idolater and I don't think he was even Hebrew.

The Jews were taken into foreign lands as a witness to Egypt and became their slaves.

How do you explain Job? Was he Jewish? Some think he is gentile. I did a post about this.

The Jews were supposed to be a light to all the nations and God's house is supposed to be a house of prayer for all people says the prophet.

If the Messiah was to be a mortal man like you say with no super powers, why does the Bible say the Messiah will be like the prophet Moses? What super powers did Moses do? He parted the Red Sea. He put his serpent down and it swallowed up all the magician's serpents. Moses' face glowed. It is an illusion to more than great mortal power. Moses spoke to the rock and it did what? It gave forth water.

I don't see the Christian concept antithetical to the Old Testament. The Jews actually went into captivity once into Egypt and twice into the Babylonian captivity for disobeying God so what good is Judaism for people who are not Jewish? You asked a very fine question. If Judiasm is not right for everyone as you said and what Good is Judiasm for people who are not Jewish? Did you know that God wanted salvation to go to the ends of the earth? Why don't you read your own scriptures and see what Judaism was supposed to become:

Isaiah 49:6 he says: "It is too small a thing for you to be my servant to restore the tribes of Jacob and bring back those of Israel I have kept. I will also make you a light for the Gentiles, that my salvation may reach to the ends of the earth."

According to Jesus: "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

But still, most Xns own worldly possessions. :eusa_whistle:

Jesus was talking to one man. Not to all Christians.

That's odd... because the early Christians acted* very much like that:

"And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common. And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all. Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold, And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need."
-- Acts 4:32-35

*Haha! "Acted" ...see what I did there? :cool:

Because God wants us to take care of the widow and fatherless. Not outsource those responsibilities to others.

How many times have you helped out a widow? Me? Every day. My room mate is a widow.

How many times have you helped out an orphan? Me? Donated to them every year during the Navy CFC drive with a monthly allotment every year over my 20 year career.

My room mate helps out an orphan every day. Why? I was orphaned at age 8.

And.............it's been PROVEN that charitable organizations like churches don't have the resources to meet all the needs, because people really don't contribute enough. I think having a social safety net to help those people to keep from falling through the cracks and becoming homeless is a good thing.

You're right..........................God DOES want us to take care of each other. Too bad the number who are willing to keeps going down.

Quick question.................if you see a bum on the street with a sign that says simply "I'm hungry", what do you do? Do you give them a few dollars, or do you look away? Me? Because I know what it's like to be poor, I give them a few dollars and don't worry about what they're going to do with it.

I keep a couple of 1's and a 5 in my wallet just for that purpose at all times.

No hell in Judaism. Didn't seem to exist until Catholicism did...

Not exactly. If only the righteous will find a place in the world to come according to Judaism, the absence a place for the unrighteous is implied, which fits perfectly the descriptions of hell, the trash heap, gehenna, as spoken of by Jesus..

Forum List

Back