Could you vote for a 78 year Joe Biden old for president?

Do you think that a 78 year old Joe Biden could be an effective president for 4-8 years?

• Yes, he seems to be in good enough shape to be an effective president

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • No, at 78 Joe is running on borrowed time, he would not be able to do the job effectively

Votes: 11 57.9%

• Total voters
The age difference between Trump and Biden is minimal.And Trump is a heart attack waiting to happen

The age difference is significant, especially approaching 80. Trump was born June 14, 1946, and Biden Nov 20, 1942, so about 3.5 years, but Trump has 4-years in as president already including a very stressful Mueller witch hunt. Basically Trump will have completed his 8-years at the same age Biden would be starting his 8-years. That is a very big difference. Imagine Trump running for another 8-years, not just 4. Sorry, but Biden is simply too old to be president.

Based on BMI and overall physical health, mental health, and exercise, Biden is younger than Trump. In the 21st century, we use science, and tests to evaluate true age and life expectancy. Biden is doing well, Trump not so much.

Time takes a toll on all of us, Joe Biden is no exception. Sorry, I forgot how much of a supporter you are. Nothing personal
Cognitive Skills and the Aging Brain: What to Expect

From the link you posted:

For most people, cognitive or social decline with aging is minor and influenced by multiple factors. One factor is called “cognitive reserve.”6 People who are more intelligent at a young age or have better cognitive maintenance through education, occupation, or stimulating activities retain cognitive skills with aging better than those who are less accomplished in these respects. A recent study involving a large number of people in Scotland who had intelligence tests at age 11 and again 50 years later found that the biggest predictor of cognitive ability at the older age was cognitive ability at age 11.7 It is possible that being blessed with the right genes accounted for much of this benefit, although little is known about what genes might be involved.

Biden has a much better history than Trump when it comes to their lives and accomplishing things and being engaged. Donald Trump has spent his life coasting on his Dads wealth. By contrast Joe Biden has spent most of his life engaged in the serious political issues that face this country as both Senator and Vice President. Joe Biden has been serving and work on the countries most important issues since 1972. Donald Trump woke up one day in 2014 or 2015 and decided it would be cool to be President of the United States.

Democrats don’t have anyone who could stop Trump from winning a second term.

Based on what, your wishful thinking? Look at all the polling data. Most of the candidates beat Trump in both national and battleground state polling. The only question is by what margin they beat Trump.

Not to mention age discrimination, or physical condition, or political experience, or political connections, or name recognition, etc. Just considering the physical and mental requirements of the presidency, do you think that a 78 year old like Biden could effectively do the job for 4-8 years? The primary rat race will show us something about his stamina, but even then, the meter is running and he will be 79, 80, 81, then 82.

Lets take a poll...

I mean if you were to put a gun to a loved one's head, I suppose I could theoretically vote for him, but otherwise, no. This intergenerational warfare between the Boomers and the X&Y's in the DNC could get amusing. I will probably just vote for the Green Party again, but who knows. Too early to say for certain.

A green party vote is a vote supporting whoever the winner of the 2020 election will be. You need to vote for a candidate that has a realistic chance of winning the election for your vote to actually count or mean something. Otherwise the impact is no different than writing in your own name or sitting at home on election night.

The age difference between Trump and Biden is minimal.And Trump is a heart attack waiting to happen

The age difference is significant, especially approaching 80. Trump was born June 14, 1946, and Biden Nov 20, 1942, so about 3.5 years, but Trump has 4-years in as president already including a very stressful Mueller witch hunt. Basically Trump will have completed his 8-years at the same age Biden would be starting his 8-years. That is a very big difference. Imagine Trump running for another 8-years, not just 4. Sorry, but Biden is simply too old to be president.

Based on BMI and overall physical health, mental health, and exercise, Biden is younger than Trump. In the 21st century, we use science, and tests to evaluate true age and life expectancy. Biden is doing well, Trump not so much.

Time takes a toll on all of us, Joe Biden is no exception. Sorry, I forgot how much of a supporter you are. Nothing personal

From the link you posted:

For most people, cognitive or social decline with aging is minor and influenced by multiple factors. One factor is called “cognitive reserve.”6 People who are more intelligent at a young age or have better cognitive maintenance through education, occupation, or stimulating activities retain cognitive skills with aging better than those who are less accomplished in these respects. A recent study involving a large number of people in Scotland who had intelligence tests at age 11 and again 50 years later found that the biggest predictor of cognitive ability at the older age was cognitive ability at age 11.7 It is possible that being blessed with the right genes accounted for much of this benefit, although little is known about what genes might be involved.

Biden has a much better history than Trump when it comes to their lives and accomplishing things and being engaged. Donald Trump has spent his life coasting on his Dads wealth. By contrast Joe Biden has spent most of his life engaged in the serious political issues that face this country as both Senator and Vice President. Joe Biden has been serving and work on the countries most important issues since 1972. Donald Trump woke up one day in 2014 or 2015 and decided it would be cool to be President of the United States.

So you want to look at Biden's political life and decisions? OK. Don't forget to look at Hunter Biden's finances too...

Gates says Biden has been wrong about everything for 40-years!
Robert Gates Thinks Joe Biden Hasn't Stopped Being Wrong for 40 Years

Hunter Biden get Chinese cash, globalism continues
Media Ignore Hunter Biden's Ties to China

Not to mention age discrimination, or physical condition, or political experience, or political connections, or name recognition, etc. Just considering the physical and mental requirements of the presidency, do you think that a 78 year old like Biden could effectively do the job for 4-8 years? The primary rat race will show us something about his stamina, but even then, the meter is running and he will be 79, 80, 81, then 82.

Lets take a poll...

I mean if you were to put a gun to a loved one's head, I suppose I could theoretically vote for him, but otherwise, no. This intergenerational warfare between the Boomers and the X&Y's in the DNC could get amusing. I will probably just vote for the Green Party again, but who knows. Too early to say for certain.

A green party vote is a vote supporting whoever the winner of the 2020 election will be. You need to vote for a candidate that has a realistic chance of winning the election for your vote to actually count or mean something. Otherwise the impact is no different than writing in your own name or sitting at home on election night.

If it helps them get matching funding, no it isn't the same as writing in my own name and sitting at home on election night is what most people do even when they do vote because at least in my state the polls close at 7 pm

Meh, I voted no, not because I think his body won't carry him through another 4-5 years, but because I don't want 80 year old brains running the country.

The same people that fucked it up ain't gonna fix it. Biden, Pelosi, McConnel et al are all part of the problem, far as I'm concerned.

Go golfing, Joe. Thanks for the laughs.....

Most 80 year old brains are younger and smarter than Donald Trumps brain.

Your brain is obviously not up to par for 15 year-old.

You know, while I think that Biden is healthy enough to run, as well as one of the better qualified candidates in the pack, I don't think he should.

Why? Because he was Obama's VP for 8 years, and because there was such a backlash generated against Obama and his policies, people would think of him as Obama pt. II, and refuse to vote for him.

I mean....................hatred against Obama is what gave us Trump. And, while Hillary may have screwed up a few things in her campaign, the main thing that killed her chances was her close association that the conservatives drew between her and Obama. If Biden runs, the Reps will do the same thing to him.

Wow! What a well thought out and reasoned response! Who are you, and what have you done with the titless WAVE? :D

More Bullshit ageism. Plus, it does not make any since to try to attack Biden's age when Trump is your candidate. Its not about your raw age number, but about how well you age. There are currently people that are age 100 that are still working and have better cognitive skills than Donald Trump.

Apparently Trump has much better cognitive skills than you, because you are a libtard!

Lets take a poll...

He is still young, Noah had Shem, Ham and Japheth at around 500 years old, Abraham was 86 years old when his Ishmael was born.

I saw him at the tank factory, he has really packed on the weight this winter.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
Fox news and hamberders will do that.

Why the hell do you post juvenile shit like that? Is it supposed to be funny? It's not, just stupid!
Isnt that what trump himself wrote? Haha. You got a problem with trump?

Hes an obese low activity man. If he was dying his skin and hair, he'd look like rock Cheney and would never get support needed to be prez.

And Biden is a good man. He might not like John McCain but he wouldn’t attack a dead war hero.

But it is good to know republicans have been lying on usmb when they showed outrage anytime us liberals said anything that wasn’t completely complimentary about soldiers.

We can say whatever we want about soldiers now. We don’t have to respect the troops. Our leader trump showed us they don’t deserve respect.

Right Obama and Biden showed love for our troops by allowing them to be humiliated by Iran without recourse.

2b9i1j.jpg

Based on that, Ron Paul is the better choice.

Ron Paul is an isolationist Idiot who thinks its 1812 instead of 2019.
Which is bullshit on all counts and no better than expected.

And Biden is a good man. He might not like John McCain but he wouldn’t attack a dead war hero.

But it is good to know republicans have been lying on usmb when they showed outrage anytime us liberals said anything that wasn’t completely complimentary about soldiers.

We can say whatever we want about soldiers now. We don’t have to respect the troops. Our leader trump showed us they don’t deserve respect.

Right Obama and Biden showed love for our troops by allowing them to be humiliated by Iran without recourse.

2b9i1j.jpg
Petty

Ya, 8 soldiers pride or another war like Iraq. I’d say obama did the right thing.

What would trump have done?

2b9i1j.jpg
Petty

Ya, 8 soldiers pride or another war like Iraq. I’d say obama did the right thing.

What would trump have done?

Obama allowed the sailors to face punishment for their actions.

Lets take a poll...

I could not vote for a 38 year old Biden.

I saw him at the tank factory, he has really packed on the weight this winter.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
Fox news and hamberders will do that.

Why the hell do you post juvenile shit like that? Is it supposed to be funny? It's not, just stupid!
Isnt that what trump himself wrote? Haha. You got a problem with trump?

Hes an obese low activity man. If he was dying his skin and hair, he'd look like rock Cheney and would never get support needed to be prez.

Who the fuck is rock Cheney?

Trump would likely run your ass into the ground because you cannot possibly handle a keyboard.

Forum List

Back