Couldn't believe my ears!!!

Wrong. There might be over 18 million under 34 years old who have never filed an insurance claim, but that doesn't mean they don't need it. I have never personally used an auxiliary parachute when sky diving, or had my life saved by a smoke alarm, but that doesn't mean I don't need and want those things.

It's not your choice is it , to force people to pay for other people's reckless and unhealthy lifestyles is it?

If you want to somke 4 packs a day and eat 12 pizzas a day that's your choice ..don't expect me to pay for it.

Sure, it's my choice. I don't want you driving on bad tires, either, so.......Don't expect me to pay for an idiot who thinks he is invincible showing up at the emergency room without insurance.

OH by the way...just for the record. The reason the uninsured idiot gets stabilized in the emergency room is thanks to the GOP!
It is also a major contribution to why hospitals charge $10 for an aspirin... $3,000 for a CAT scan that costs then $60 to produce!
It is called EMTALA. I don't want to waste time so look it up. Any Medicare hospital must stabilize a patient at no costs if they are a Medicare provider. Passed
in 1986 by a GOP congress thinking they were being "compassionate"!

Yes, I remember when the GOP was an honorable party. I miss those days.

But the point was they were trying to do a "good thing" and it snowballed out of control hence the $3,000 CAT scan that costs $60 to produce!

As one hospital CEO when asked "How do hospitals deal with the cost of the uninsured?
His answer: " Like any business, we pass it on to the paying customers."
http://classic.ncmedicaljournal.com/wp-content/uploads/NCMJ/mar-apr-05/Yarbrough.pd

Would take a lot of $60 scans to pay for a machine.

Wrong. There might be over 18 million under 34 years old who have never filed an insurance claim, but that doesn't mean they don't need it. I have never personally used an auxiliary parachute when sky diving, or had my life saved by a smoke alarm, but that doesn't mean I don't need and want those things.

It's not your choice is it , to force people to pay for other people's reckless and unhealthy lifestyles is it?

If you want to somke 4 packs a day and eat 12 pizzas a day that's your choice ..don't expect me to pay for it.

Sure, it's my choice. I don't want you driving on bad tires, either, so.......Don't expect me to pay for an idiot who thinks he is invincible showing up at the emergency room without insurance.

34 plus years never a car insurance claim..

What do I get out of it?

You get the ability to cause a wreck with injuries and damage that you will never be able to repay, and walk away leaving your victims with nothing. Disgusting freeloading bum.

Like I said car insurance is a huge scam..great drivers having to pay for shitty ass drivers

Poor people with perfect driving records pay more then Reckless drivers.

What happens if you have a bad accident with an uninsured driver and you have no insurance. Insurance would sure be good to have.

What do I get out of it?

You get the ability to cause a wreck with injuries and damage that you will never be able to repay, and walk away leaving your victims with nothing. Disgusting freeloading bum.

Like I said car insurance is a huge scam..great drivers having to pay for shitty ass drivers

What happens if you have a bad accident with an uninsured driver and you have no insurance. Insurance would sure be good to have.

This is another thing, so you have car insurance, so your covered, you work so you have workman's comp, ...a third of your life you sleep..

So health insurance only covers like around 25% of your life ...to be a reckless fool in your free time.

What do I get out of it?

This is another thing, so you have car insurance, so your covered, you work so you have workman's comp, ...a third of your life you sleep..

So health insurance only covers like around 25% of your life ...to be a reckless fool in your free time.

Glad to have it when some uninsured driver causes a crash. Or perhaps a deer crossing the road. I've never had a claim either, but want insurance if something happens.

Screen Shot 2017-05-30 at 1.50.34 PM.png

OH by the way...just for the record. The reason the uninsured idiot gets stabilized in the emergency room is thanks to the GOP!
It is also a major contribution to why hospitals charge $10 for an aspirin... $3,000 for a CAT scan that costs then $60 to produce!
It is called EMTALA. I don't want to waste time so look it up. Any Medicare hospital must stabilize a patient at no costs if they are a Medicare provider. Passed

But the point was they were trying to do a "good thing" and it snowballed out of control hence the $3,000 CAT scan that costs $60 to produce!

As one hospital CEO when asked "How do hospitals deal with the cost of the uninsured?
http://classic.ncmedicaljournal.com/wp-content/uploads/NCMJ/mar-apr-05/Yarbrough.pd

FACTS I just don't know why people like you can't deal with FACTS.
Actually answer your dumb statement: less then 700 scans!
A larger and brand new CT scanner can run as high as $2.5 million. new machine.Jul 21, 2014
www.thefiscaltimes.com/Articles/.../Why-Your-MRI-or-CT-Scan-Costs-Arm-and-Leg
FACT:From the 24th largest hospital in the USA..
In 2015 they sent to Medicare 5,981 claims CT Scan Billed Medicare $3,752 each claim or $22,440,712! And that was Medicare!
Operating costs of $66.00 per scan INCLUDING BUYING A NEW $2.5 million scanner EACH Year for $2,994,746 again that's with a new $2.5 million scanner!
Total Gross revenue: $22,440,712 from Medicare alone less operating costs including new scanner: $2,994,746 Net of $19,445,966.
And that was just for ONE procedure CT SCAN for one year for Medicare patients!
In my business I pay a service to provide this type of information for the 6,000 hospitals in the USA so I won't provide a link as I PAID for this information!
Oh by the way this hospital grossed $6,082,549,359 in 2015 from their 700 bed, 6,534 employees.
[

What do I get out of it?

AND what happens if in typing your inane comment you generated a hang nail and it got infected and you'd have your middle finger cut off.
There let's really get serious then!!!
GEEZ stupidity truly knows no bounds!

View attachment 129760

A larger and brand new CT scanner can run as high as $2.5 million. new machine.Jul 21, 2014
In 2015 they sent to Medicare 5,981 claims CT Scan Billed Medicare $3,752 each claim or $22,440,712! And that was Medicare!
Operating costs of $66.00 per scan INCLUDING BUYING A NEW $2.5 million scanner EACH Year for $2,994,746 again that's with a new $2.5 million scanner!
Total Gross revenue: $22,440,712 from Medicare alone less operating costs including new scanner: $2,994,746 Net of $19,445,966.
In my business I pay a service to provide this type of information for the 6,000 hospitals in the USA so I won't provide a link as I PAID for this information!
Oh by the way this hospital grossed $6,082,549,359 in 2015 from their 700 bed, 6,534 employees.
[

700 Scans times $60 is not 2.5 million....
Far short actually.

View attachment 129760

[

Far short actually.

What do you mean?
Are you that lame? The $66 cost is everything to do a scan...the scan, salaries, overhead... etc... and the COST comes out to be $66 per scan!
Remember they don't buy a scanner EVERY YEAR!!!!
The cost of a Scanner is $2.5 million. The CHARGE for a CT scan is $3,752 X 700 EQUALS: $2.6 million!!!!
OK once again the MATH shrift person that you are!
How many claims did this hospital perform? 5,981 claims. How much did they charge Medicare? $3,752.
5,981 X $3,752 equals: $22,440,712 or make easy for you $22.4 Million!
the Cost of a scan is $66.00 X 5,981 scans or $394,746. And because you are such an idiot and don't comprehend that the scanner cost $2.5 million
Let's add the cost of a new scanner: $2.5 million to the Cost of doing a scan: $394,746 OR A TOTAL of $2.8 million.
Does that make any sense or are you just so financial dense you can count beyond your fingers and toes?

Democrats don't talk about the middle class because their liberal policies have destroyed the middle class. Naturally they avoid the subject like the plague.

Liberal policies purged the Democratic party of moderate Democrats. What you have left are mostly liberal dickheads safe in very liberal districts.

View attachment 129760

[

Far short actually.

What do you mean?
Are you that lame? The $66 cost is everything to do a scan...the scan, salaries, overhead... etc... and the COST comes out to be $66 per scan!
The cost of a Scanner is $2.5 million. The CHARGE for a CT scan is $3,752 X 700 EQUALS: $2.6 million!!!!
How many claims did this hospital perform? 5,981 claims. How much did they charge Medicare? $3,752.
the Cost of a scan is $66.00 X 5,981 scans or $394,746. And because you are such an idiot and don't comprehend that the scanner cost $2.5 million
Let's add the cost of a new scanner: $2.5 million to the Cost of doing a scan: $394,746 OR A TOTAL of $2.8 million.
Does that make any sense or are you just so financial dense you can count beyond your fingers and toes?

What do you suggest they charge?

View attachment 129760

[

Far short actually.

What do you mean?

What I suggest they do is join the Uninsured Health Insurance Co.!
There they would pay a portion of their "unreimbursed" expenses as an INSURANCE premium to UHIC.
Then couple with the tax on lawyers $270 Billion (Just as Obamacare taxed tanning salons 10%) for their causing the $850 billion a year in "defensive medicine"
cost the two revenue sources to UHIC would then cover the cost of a $5,000 annual policy for all those that went to the hospital, were means tested to determine
they didn't have insurance i.e. maybe qualified for Medicaid, who knows but when all else fails then they are covered by UHIC.
The hospital then sends the claims to UHIC which pays them. BUT the hospitals have to submit to audits to make sure they aren't charging everyone
i.e. for CT scan $3,752 when the cost is no where near that cost... because the hospital has these unreimbursed expenses.
NOW with UHIC they don't have to overcharge. ALL uninsured are means tested and registered as insured with UHIC.
By the way here is the documentation regarding "defensive medicine" costs of $850 Billion!
DefensiveMedicine.png

View attachment 129760

[

Far short actually.

What do you mean?

There they would pay a portion of their "unreimbursed" expenses as an INSURANCE premium to UHIC.
Then couple with the tax on lawyers $270 Billion (Just as Obamacare taxed tanning salons 10%) for their causing the $850 billion a year in "defensive medicine"
cost the two revenue sources to UHIC would then cover the cost of a $5,000 annual policy for all those that went to the hospital, were means tested to determine
they didn't have insurance i.e. maybe qualified for Medicaid, who knows but when all else fails then they are covered by UHIC.
The hospital then sends the claims to UHIC which pays them. BUT the hospitals have to submit to audits to make sure they aren't charging everyone
i.e. for CT scan $3,752 when the cost is no where near that cost... because the hospital has these unreimbursed expenses.
NOW with UHIC they don't have to overcharge. ALL uninsured are means tested and registered as insured with UHIC.
By the way here is the documentation regarding "defensive medicine" costs of $850 Billion!
View attachment 129787

In the words of Lord John Whorfin: "Laugh-a while you can, monkey-boy."
Classic Quotes from Buckaroo Banzai

View attachment 129760

[

Far short actually.

What do you mean?

View attachment 129787

So you want to insure the uninsured?

View attachment 129760 FACTS I just don't know why people like you can't deal with FACTS.
[

Far short actually.

What do you mean?

View attachment 129787

Duh!!!
Of course there is a very small number of people that WANT health insurance can't afford it and those are the ones that would be "MEANS" TESTED!
Do you understand what "MEANS" testing does?
In the process of "MEANS" testing those that went to the hospital that were uninsured would be economically evaluated:
1) Are they a veteran? Then VA gets the charges.
2) Are they eligible for Medicaid? Remember I showed in the below that 14 million people were eligible for Medicaid but didn't know it!
3) Are they eligible at their work? So why aren't they covered?
These are just 3 initial questions that would be part of the "MEANS" testing.
When all else is exhausted... THEN they are offered to be insured by UHIC... at a rate that is proportionate to means of income.
See there are some of the truly 5 million that go into the emergency room and are paid for under EMTALA that can afford but for reasons not known immediately aren't
insured.
Again... look at the below and see that huge LIE that Obama pushed that got us into the mess called Obamacare!
never46million.png

Far short actually.

What do you mean?

View attachment 129787

Duh!!!
Of course there is a very small number of people that WANT health insurance can't afford it and those are the ones that would be "MEANS" TESTED!
Do you understand what "MEANS" testing does?
In the process of "MEANS" testing those that went to the hospital that were uninsured would be economically evaluated:
1) Are they a veteran? Then VA gets the charges.
2) Are they eligible for Medicaid? Remember I showed in the below that 14 million people were eligible for Medicaid but didn't know it!
3) Are they eligible at their work? So why aren't they covered?
These are just 3 initial questions that would be part of the "MEANS" testing.
When all else is exhausted... THEN they are offered to be insured by UHIC... at a rate that is proportionate to means of income.
See there are some of the truly 5 million that go into the emergency room and are paid for under EMTALA that can afford but for reasons not known immediately aren't
insured.
Again... look at the below and see that huge LIE that Obama pushed that got us into the mess called Obamacare!
View attachment 129881

We got Obamacare because the cost of healthcare is skyrocketing. Why do so many go bankrupt due to healthcare costs.

Forum List

Back