Country artists

This is a far cry from Little Red Wagon by Miranda Lambert but sharing this so those who didn't follow her on Nashville Star when she was first seen nationally at age 19 sounded like. Really like Buddy Jewel also but he didn't get a lot of PR from the show...nor did anyone for that matter

Pretty soon Ill be weeping and:booze: lol.
Wasnt there one other song he was famous for? I cant remember it but I liked it...I think.

This is a far cry from Little Red Wagon by Miranda Lambert but sharing this so those who didn't follow her on Nashville Star when she was first seen nationally at age 19 sounded like. Really like Buddy Jewel also but he didn't get a lot of PR from the show...nor did anyone for that matter

Wasnt there one other song he was famous for? I cant remember it but I liked it...I think.

He had Help Pour Out The Rain but this one was fabulous...I picked one that isn't sad. lol

I hope you are on his payroll lol
I'm not. James doesn't have to pay me. When you care about someone and you believe in them enough, you do what you can for them anyway. To me, money shouldn't even be in the picture. :) :) :)

Are you joking, did you really write to 175 radio stations?
I did. :) :) :)

God bless you two and James always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. I would have responded to you here sooner, but I was busy hitting 178 request pages for James that look like this one here. I hit them every day. :) :) :)

now children...dolly parton was a guest on porter's show...she writes 'i will always love you' to tell him she is out...listen to the words....it is not a love song...she is dumping him....

Dolly Parton Porter Wagoner I Will Always Love You Porters 40th Anniversary

Ah Porter Wagoner you say? Reminds me of this...

:D

Not the normal lyrics you might expect from a Porter Wagoner show.

Yeah it's just a clever intro pasted on -- apparently there was a singer in the past with the same name.

Just feel good song.

Anything by George is good. I have had the pleasure of seeing him in concert 3 times. All before Pure Country came out and he was playing larger than life venues

George was always one of the best, but he was an arrogant asshole.

Explain...personally or professionally and is that just a vibe you get or do you have personal knowledge of such?

A buddy of mine took care of his horses for a while when we were in high school, and I helped him a couple of times. I give him all the credit he deserves for his music, but he deserves nothing for his behavior and attitude.

Just feel good song.

Anything by George is good. I have had the pleasure of seeing him in concert 3 times. All before Pure Country came out and he was playing larger than life venues

George was always one of the best, but he was an arrogant asshole.

Explain...personally or professionally and is that just a vibe you get or do you have personal knowledge of such?

A buddy of mine took care of his horses for a while when we were in high school, and I helped him a couple of times. I give him all the credit he deserves for his music, but he deserves nothing for his behavior and attitude.

I think things changed drastically for him personally and professionally in regard to interviews and meet and greets etc after his daughter was killed.

mo is into hip hop?

Nah -- he said "music", not streams of inspid babbling over a drum machine.

I agree with his choices -- opera to me just sounds like screeching and what passes for "country" today is just corporate rock in cowboy hats dripping in marketable cliché. I do by contrast appreciate the kind of roots of what's now called "country", when it actually had character.

Last edited:

He had Help Pour Out The Rain but this one was fabulous...I picked one that isn't sad. lol

Pour out the Rain..thats it. sweet song. I like this one also.

I really dont get why everyone hates new country. Some of it I can see...but much of it is good stuff.
I would probably wouldn't chose Loretta Lynn to listen to, but I still like her songs and think shes one of the greats.

You are probably a very nice person but you are completely obsessed. I have 29 CDs of George Strait but I don't worship the guy. Do you even know music from other people?
If you are talking to me here, I know plenty of music from other people because I have been listening to country music for 30+ years now. You however talk about having almost 30 albums from somebody. Well that right there is why there is no reason for you to go on and on and on about them like I do with my favorite. Your favorite got attention from enough people in order to have the ability to make and release so many albums. My favorite only has three out there and sadly my favorite has not gotten the attention that your favorite has been given over the years. Therefore, I do what I can to get my favorite out there so that at least more people have heard of him. Whether they are interested in him or not is all up to them.

God bless you and James and your favorite and my other favorites always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. Oh and I have heard it said that consistency is very important. :) :) :)
I think the post saying if you are a fan then it is your job to get off your butt and promote that person has been deleted but I want to address that.

I know all about that. The football team I follow invented it. Rarely am I seen wearing something that doesn't have their logo on it. My house is decorated in it and my car is decked out as well. A fan means you buy their music, go to concerts, play their music and buy their merchandise to promote them. What you are describing is the job of their record labels pr team does or the artists agent...unless you are an obsessed fan or married to them

^^^ All that I can tell you is that James isn't as well known as others in the country field and to me, every song that is thrown out there by him should be played just as much as those that are played every five seconds...but they aren't which in my opinion can only mean one thing...someone is not doing what they are supposed to be doing and I don't believe that James is the problem and so I do what I can for him. :) :) :)

Oh and that one message from me that you think was deleted is actually still here as of right now anyway. Its the one with the Alison Krauss performance clip in it. :) :) :)

God bless you and her and James always!!! :) :) :)

Holly (a fan of Alison since 1994)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back