Country artists

What if James doesn't want to be a country music star at this point, what if hes moved on to other things..:laugh:

What if James doesn't want to be a country music star at this point, what if hes moved on to other things..:laugh:

Meh... "country" and other labels are really just marketing devices to sell records. You put a label and corral people into "here's our section for those who like country", "those who like jazz", etc etc. They used to use the word "blues" indiscriminately as a generic noun; today it's come to mean a specific structure but originally it was just a sales hook.

I like what was going on the 1930s; before these left-brained labels had been rigidly defined and you just had "music". It may have developed variously into "blues" and "jazz" and "country" and "rock 'n' roll" and "western swing" and so on but when the structures start to get defined, the music starts to get confined. Best case is when the music is free of those confinements and we don't take these marketing labels too seriously.

I dunno if this would be considered "country" or not but I likes it:

As far as I know...everything Johny Cash is country ...never listen to him but his life story was pretty intense.

My 14 year old daughter's favorite of Vince...unfortunately it is the only song she really knows but I had to buy the CD twice because she wore out the first one on this track

Forum List

Back