Couple considering divorce to pay for childs healthcare

I have helped dozens of people through a divorce so that a sick spouse or child could qualify for benefits. You do whatever you have to do.
Seems like bullshit to me. Gaming the system, if you will.
At least using a go fund me would have been voluntary and not forced upon people.

Maybe the system shouldn't be so inhumane that people divorce out of desperation to get help for their children.
But forcing other people to cover your mistakes is humane?
What "mistakes," Harley? Having two children? C'mon. Dad works; Mom can't because their daughter has a devastating lifelong disease.
You are doing well now, providing for your healthy family. What if the same thing happened to you? One of your kids was in that way? Would you have "planned" for a lifelong medical expense that would bankrupt most any family? That is bullshit.

They are right for not wanting go fund me account. They are not wanting donations, just help from the local and fed gov for healthcare. I hope more of these stories come out. There are many.

Bullshit. They want charity. They just don’t want voluntary charity. Instead they prefer everyone be forced to donate at gun point - under the auspices of taxation.

If there was no other option then the kid should have just died, or what?
There are always other options. Downsize your home, reduce your necessary income some one parent can stay at home. Move to a lower cost of living area... The truth is most people like this don't want to change their lifestyle to accomodate their supposed desires.
What kind of lifestyle do you think they are living at $40,000 for a family of four?

Feeling personally slighted by this is crazy. The government is going to take a bunch of your money no matter what, but rather than harp about the military or the fact that rich people avoid taxes you'd rather get your panties in a twist over a poor person finding a way to get help for their child? There are about a million things I'd take issue with before that. Do you really not see that that comes from a place of evil and selfishness?
Actually, i bitch about that too. Both of them.
Anything else?

Some are a lot more important than others in my opinion. I could never be upset at the parents. GoFundMe is not a solution to our healthcare crisis. Not everybody can get the help they need through charity.

What have i heard?
I heard medical treatment was a lot cheaper before the govt got involved. And it was chepaer before insurance companies came on the scene.
More than likely, our healthcare "crisis" is caused by the same disease that causes most of the problems in this country.
The government.

As much as I hate it the government is necessary in some instances, and I think healthcare is one of them. There are ways it can be done well. Rather than saying "Fuck it the government can't do anything right." we should be figuring out how to make them do it right, or more right. It's not impossible, and in the case of healthcare it is worth fighting for.

How do we make it better? Elect a whole new congress and start over?

They are right for not wanting go fund me account. They are not wanting donations, just help from the local and fed gov for healthcare. I hope more of these stories come out. There are many.

Bullshit. They want charity. They just don’t want voluntary charity. Instead they prefer everyone be forced to donate at gun point - under the auspices of taxation.

There are always other options. Downsize your home, reduce your necessary income some one parent can stay at home. Move to a lower cost of living area... The truth is most people like this don't want to change their lifestyle to accomodate their supposed desires.
What kind of lifestyle do you think they are living at $40,000 for a family of four?
One that has eclipsed their ability to support. They need to downsize.

Happily married couple considers divorce to pay for daughter's health care costs
Jake and Maria Grey are happily married with two children. But they're considering a divorce, for the sake of one of their kids.

The Texas couple say it's the only way their developmentally disabled daughter can qualify for Medicaid and get the health care she needs.

The Greys got married nine years ago on a Florida beach. They have since become the proud parents of two daughters, 2-year-old Fairen and 6-year-old Brighton, who was born with a rare genetic disorder, Wolf-Hirschhorn syndrome. Developmentally still a newborn, Brighton requires around-the-clock attention.

"She will not be able to be on her own ever and requires 24/7 care," Maria Grey said.

The couple has tried to get Medicaid to help with spiraling medical costs but Jake earns too much — $40,000 — for the family to qualify. The Greys applied for state assistance but don't expect to get it because of where they fall on the list.

"We're No. 60,000," Maria said.
--------
Sad story. Really sad, i thought.
Then i saw this
"We are not looking for charity, we're not looking for money or donations. We don't want a GoFundMe — we don't want any of that," Maria said. "I need the state to step up and give us the benefits that we need.
and realized they are morons. No wonder they cant provide for their child..
If they couldnt afford a child, why did they have 2? More stupidity? Poor preparation? Irresponsibility?
IDK, seems hard to have sympathy for the parents
I have it for that poor child though :/
Something is wrong with this story Man. This kid will and can apply for SS disability benifits and medicare under Federal Law. So what the problem is that they either do not know about the law or they have some other unreported reason for going public.
Isnt 20 the minimum age for medicare?

I have helped dozens of people through a divorce so that a sick spouse or child could qualify for benefits. You do whatever you have to do.
At least using a go fund me would have been voluntary and not forced upon people.

Maybe the system shouldn't be so inhumane that people divorce out of desperation to get help for their children.
What "mistakes," Harley? Having two children? C'mon. Dad works; Mom can't because their daughter has a devastating lifelong disease.
You are doing well now, providing for your healthy family. What if the same thing happened to you? One of your kids was in that way? Would you have "planned" for a lifelong medical expense that would bankrupt most any family? That is bullshit.
I wouldnt be begging the govt to force people to pay for it. Thats for damn sure.
I would be selling my truck and buying a pos. I would be selling my home. I would be getting a second job.
I wouldnt be doing what these assholes are doing.
TBH, i would have never had the baby in the first place. I would have aborted it. That disability can be picked up by ultra sound. I just googled it.

Granite counter tops?
Stainless steel appliances?
Modern cabinets?
Are you fucking kidding me?
Fuck these people.

Yup... They don't want voluntary "help" they want funding forced from the populace at gunpoint. How noble...
They don't want their friends and family to pay for it.

They want you and me to pay for it.
Family and friends would never be able to pay as much as they need. It will be for the child's entire life.

$15,000 out of pocket a year is more than any family of four living on $40,000 a year could afford. Downsize? They are basically living on $25,000 a year, which is well below the federal poverty level already.

Wonder why he isnt in the military anymore.. that would have helped, ey?

Granite counter tops?
Stainless steel appliances?
Modern cabinets?
Are you fucking kidding me?
Fuck these people.
I cant fucking believe this shit.
I cant afford that kitchen but they want me to pay their goddamn doctor bills?
Fucking assholes.

Yup... They don't want voluntary "help" they want funding forced from the populace at gunpoint. How noble...
They don't want their friends and family to pay for it.

They want you and me to pay for it.
Family and friends would never be able to pay as much as they need. It will be for the child's entire life.

$15,000 out of pocket a year is more than any family of four living on $40,000 a year could afford. Downsize? They are basically living on $25,000 a year, which is well below the federal poverty level already.
Federal poverty line...? Only sheep let someone else determine their "poverty" or quality of life standards. They are also the same kind of people who believe they are entitled to a specific amount of comfort and success in life. Taken from others; and granted to them. Most folks recognize people like this as parasites. Life's full of hard Dr isions. Decisions these parents don't have the stones to make.

Man, you people are cold.
Just cold. judgmental. unable to imagine being in that predicament OR living on $25,000 a year with two young kids.

I think you don't understand the struggles of the poor if you think they could just downsize their life a little more to make room for extra expenses.

I think you don't understand the struggles of the poor if you think they could just downsize their life a little more to make room for extra expenses.
Try me mother fucker. Try me. Homeless for 18 months. Never took a handout. Gross more than 125k, and still survive on less than 30k out going expenses for cost of life. Try me...

Forum List

Back