Covid isn't killing me. The governments reaction to it is.

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
They have done a good job at putting the fear of God himself into people.

99%+ survivability and they have us locked down as if the Walking Dead were roaming the streets.
By this point we COULD have had herd immunity but instead we fucked around long enough to give the virus time to adapt and mutate.
Would more have died up to this point? Likely so
Would more have been saved in the long run by preventing suicides/overdoses and all the other social bullshit that the government has IMPOSED ON US? Likely so as well.

And now we're likely to get round 2 of the government mandates thanks to their own ineptitude.

And don't give me that herd immunity is not an answer bullshit because since the vaccine became a reality that's all they've talked about.

Instead we're gonna have a "Biden" response to it if the new strains make it here.

God help us

People are manic right now. People I respect are cracking under the pressure.

1609023556616.png

If Biden continues us on this lock down stuff it'll be like a...

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Can't wait till people say FU to the government and just start opening businesses.

99%+ survivability and they have us locked down as if the Walking Dead were roaming the streets.
By this point we COULD have had herd immunity but instead we fucked around long enough to give the virus time to adapt and mutate.
Would more have been saved in the long run by preventing suicides/overdoses and all the other social bullshit that the government has IMPOSED ON US? Likely so as well.

And now we're likely to get round 2 of the government mandates thanks to their own ineptitude.

And don't give me that herd immunity is not an answer bullshit because since the vaccine became a reality that's all they've talked about.

Instead we're gonna have a "Biden" response to it if the new strains make it here.

God help us

So what are you prepared to do about it, Gramps? That is the real question everyone wants answered—but not necessarily with words.

God help us

So what are you prepared to do about it, Gramps? That is the real question everyone wants answered—but not necessarily with words.
I am an ex convict. I have to give an ID to buy bullets for my kids so what are my odds of getting a gun to defend my rights with?
My opportunities long passed me by because of my own mistakes.
I guess I could walk into home depot without a mask but that gets me fuck all of nothing.

God help us
Government needs people to reply on government.

God help us
The new strains are less harmful.
Politicians are more harmful.
Biden has sworn an EO for 3 month mask mandate; I don't know if that is constitutional.

God help us
Government needs people to reply on government.
Ha, well that don't work for me. Even if I wanted government hand outs in the state of Missouri I would be unqualified for government assistance because of my record.

So no, relying on the government is a literal no go.

God help us

I am an ex convict. I have to give an ID to buy bullets for my kids so what are my odds of getting a gun to defend my rights with?
I guess I could walk into home depot without a mask but that gets me fuck all of nothing.

Yeah, I see where you're coming from. The whole mask issue isn't really the hill to die on . . . at least not yet.

Covid can kill me. I don't want to die just yet. I intend to keep doing what I have been doing (wearing a mask, social distancing, avoiding crowds) until such time as I feel safe. If that makes me a 'sheep' so be it. At least I'll still be alive. Better to be a live sheep than a dead wolf.
1609024487965.png

*****SMILE*****

God help us

Yeah, I see where you're coming from. The whole mask issue isn't really the hill to die on . . . at least not yet.
Honestly I don't even care about the mask bullshit. It's nothing more than a placebo to calm the nerves of the paranoid. So be it.
My problem is with the mass lock downs, the curfews and telling businesses to lay off 80% of their crew for safety/capacity reasons. While I don't run a restaurant I'm not so stupid as to think these decisions don't have a ripple effect on the entire economy.

People are manic right now. People I respect are cracking under the pressure.
One of my closest friends is literally scared to death to leave his house. Anytime his wife goes out I hear about how she put his life at risk.

IT'S FUCKING INSANE

I hope he comes though it okay. I can't wait to go bowling again. I didn't really like doing it much other than the fellowship of getting together and bowling and eating cheap nachos (which are the best). Right now, I'd kill to sit in the shitty bowling alley, and hear the same stories I've heard 80 times.

Being overly dramatic and still not have any facts? Our healthcare is already under stress and are considering whether or not to ration health care. Mobile hospitals have been re-deployed and they are renting refrigerated trucks for temporary morgue space. Only the right wing alleges the pandemic is a Hoax.

Covid can kill me. I don't want to die just yet. I intend to keep doing what I have been doing (wearing a mask, social distancing, avoiding crowds) until such time as I feel safe. If that makes me a 'sheep' so be it. At least I'll still be alive. Better to be a live sheep than a dead wolf.
View attachment 433861

*****SMILE*****

That kind of shit doesn't work on me.

1609025043581.png

Be sure to have all the pets you have or come in contact with wear a mask, social distance, and get tested too.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Attachments

• 1609025043634.png
    1609025043634.png
    13.9 KB · Views: 45

Forum List

Back