Cracks in the atheist edifice...Christianity growing by leaps and bounds

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
It's funny, I'm always hearing how Christianity is a *dying* faith, that the church is dwindling.

Of course it's not true..the church is growing exponentially. In countries that are moving forward, away from depravity, oppression, and violence.

We're moving the opposite direction..but the atheists in this country who are ignorant to begin with, and who have no comprehension of the world outside their tiny little air conditioned, state subsidized spheres, only see what is happening in our tiny corner of the world..and so think that the fact that we are moving away from Christianity #1, means the whole world is moving away, and #2, is indicative of PROGRESS, rather than the exact opposite.

"Christianity is hard to control in China, and getting harder all the time. It is spreading rapidly, and infiltrating the party’s own ranks."

"There were perhaps 3m Catholics and 1m Protestants when the party came to power in 1949. Officials now say there are between 23m and 40m, all told. In 2010 the Pew Research Centre, an American polling organisation, estimated there were 58m Protestants and 9m Catholics. Many experts, foreign and Chinese, now accept that there are probably more Christians than there are members of the 87m-strong Communist Party. Most are evangelical Protestants."

Religion in China Cracks in the atheist edifice The Economist

So more people are believing in the invisible sky fairy no one can prove exists? That doesnt surprise me as people look everywhere for meaning in life but never in the right place.

You will see that where Christianity treads, humanity follows.

It's a sign that China is making progress.

You will see that where Christianity treads, humanity follows.

It's a sign that China is making progress.
Everywhere, without exception, that Christianity has gone savagery, genocide, and theft of natural resources have occurred. I dont call that progress.

My only problem with the article is the line that contains "...but the atheists in this country who are ignorant to begin with...".

This nonsense that anyone who does not believe as they do is ignorant is as worthless coming from a christian as it is coming from an atheist.

My only problem with the article is the line that contains "...but the atheists in this country who are ignorant to begin with...".

This nonsense that anyone who does not believe as they do is ignorant is as worthless coming from a christian as it is coming from an atheist.

They are typically ignorant.

At the very least, they are ignorant of the Bible and or the history of the religion. But typically, they are ignorant in every aspect of their narrow lives.

And this is borne out by the fact that in this country, the poorest and least educated among us are the most likely to be atheists.

At the very least, they are ignorant of the Bible and or the history of the religion. But typically, they are ignorant in every aspect of their narrow lives.

And this is borne out by the fact that in this country, the poorest and least educated among us are the most likely to be atheists.
You seem to be very ignorant of where Christianity came from. Do you even know where Christianity came from?

So more people are believing in the invisible sky fairy no one can prove exists? That doesnt surprise me as people look everywhere for meaning in life but never in the right place.
Why are you libs only targeting Christianity while giving other religions a hall pass?
Do you refer to the deity worshiped by Islam as "the sky fairy"?
Buhdists? Jews? Hindus?

It's funny, I'm always hearing how Christianity is a *dying* faith, that the church is dwindling.

Of course it's not true..the church is growing exponentially. In countries that are moving forward, away from depravity, oppression, and violence.

We're moving the opposite direction..but the atheists in this country who are ignorant to begin with, and who have no comprehension of the world outside their tiny little air conditioned, state subsidized spheres, only see what is happening in our tiny corner of the world..and so think that the fact that we are moving away from Christianity #1, means the whole world is moving away, and #2, is indicative of PROGRESS, rather than the exact opposite.

"Christianity is hard to control in China, and getting harder all the time. It is spreading rapidly, and infiltrating the party’s own ranks."

"There were perhaps 3m Catholics and 1m Protestants when the party came to power in 1949. Officials now say there are between 23m and 40m, all told. In 2010 the Pew Research Centre, an American polling organisation, estimated there were 58m Protestants and 9m Catholics. Many experts, foreign and Chinese, now accept that there are probably more Christians than there are members of the 87m-strong Communist Party. Most are evangelical Protestants."

Religion in China Cracks in the atheist edifice The Economist

As an atheist....I really don't care. I don't care whether Christianity is finding converts in China, I don't care whether you are losing members in the U.S.

Simply not important to me either way.

Why are you libs only targeting Christianity while giving other religions a hall pass?
Do you refer to the deity worshiped by Islam as "the sky fairy"?
Buhdists? Jews? Hindus?
Because you specifically brought up Christianity. Yes I call all gods sky fairies.

You seem to be very ignorant of where Christianity came from. Do you even know where Christianity came from?

I know, and why would an asshole like you even care?

You would think.

Sadly, it isn't true. The anti-Christians who call themselves "atheists" truly are religious zealots. They just aren't "Christians".

What?? In poor areas the churches do a booming business. And atheists are plentiful on college campuses.

I don't think either has cornered the market on ignorance.

Schlep, you are one of the more ignorant atheists that I have referenced.

I do know where Christianity came from. Do you?

You would think.

Sadly, it isn't true. The anti-Christians who call themselves "atheists" truly are religious zealots. They just aren't "Christians".

There are zealots in both camps as well. I have been condemned and called all sorts of things by "christians". And many atheists make my skin crawl.

Forum List

Back