Creationists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate bringing this up.

Joh 16:11 concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.

2Co 4:4 in whom the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving ones, so that the light of the glorious gospel of Christ (who is the image of God) should not dawn on them.

Mat 7:13 Go in by the narrow door; for wide is the door and open is the way which goes to destruction, and great numbers go in by it.
Mat 7:14 For narrow is the door and hard the road to life, and only a small number make discovery of it.

That's bull, there is no hardship in following Christian faith (unless one is born in a remote Afgan village --what about them, BTW?). Most people are not Christian only because they see it as a fairy tale.

Many will find out the hard way that it is not a fairy-tale.
there's that bullshit threat again! it is a fairytale of the 1st magnitude.
there is no evidence (outside of the bible, a known non credible source) that god did any of the things he /she/or it is credited to have done.
the bible has all the classic markers of a fairytale.
1." in the beginning" = "a long time ago in a land far away"
2. jesus, moses, Noah etc = a hero or heroes
2. mary = a princess (both are fictitious virgins )
4. satan= monster or villain or both.
5. miracles = magic
6. disasters, plagues
if you can't see the parallels then you are intentionally dodging them.

They may not have had the technology of today but that does not mean humans today were more intelligent then neanderthals. Where do you get the evidence for all your assertions ? Have you ever seen the brain of a neanderthal ?

You are a person of faith admit it.

1. There is plenty of evidence -- for example, Neanderthals did not have throwing weapons.
2. I don't do assertions. I merely explain how the world looks based on known facts and logic.

That still does not support the your claim that neanderthals were less intelligent. A simple no would have answered the question that have you ever studied the brain of a neanderthal. And sometimes things are not the way they appear.
Neanderthals had bigger brains as they had more massive bodies. If bigger brains meant more intelligence, then human males and females would be of much different intelligence.

What's important is the ratio of the mass of the body to the size of the brain. On that measures humans and Neanderthals were about the same.

Looking at Neanderthal artifacts it's clear that over their 300,000 year span then didn't change much. Same tools, same hunting etc. They only hunted big game and never got past a thrusting spear. Humans developed the atlatal, sewing, art and decoration.

Given this, plus that humans survived, Humans were smarter.

Prove there was no free oxygen when life began. You are relying on speculation not fact.

There is one thing you need to understand about science -- it does not provide absolute proof of anything. It is all "speculations", although the right word is "theory".

So please, stop faulting TOE for being a theory.

Really ? I hold a degree in molecular biology thanks for educatiing me in the science method. You think because someone does not agree with you they are not educated in science.

My job for eleven years was to study the effects of mutations and that is exactly why I know the theory of Neo Darwinism to be nonsense.
still telling that lie and expecting someone to believe it
it's alot like the definition of insanity.....:eusa_liar::lol::lol:

Well they are not very convincing, those preachers, aren't they? Why? Why did God make Christianity looking as a fairy tale to most people?

The true person of God will hear the gospel and respond positively

So what prevents most people from becoming "The true person of God"? Wrong upbringing? Or are the born that way? Or maybe they just have the ability to reason?

Some cases ignorance of the truth,some choose not to believe.

Reason this, something does not come from nothing.

There is one thing you need to understand about science -- it does not provide absolute proof of anything. It is all "speculations", although the right word is "theory".

Really ? I hold a degree in molecular biology thanks for educatiing me in the science method.

Forgive me if I don't believe you. A person holding a degree would know that free oxygen is very active and quickly bonds with other elements. So in order to have it in the atmosphere you need some process that constantly resupplies it, and the only known process is the life itself.

As a matter of fact, you don't even need a degree to know that -- unless you were sleeping through the high school.

You would not be the first to question my education in this forum, no offense taken.

Ask yourself, you have no proof oxygen was not present at the beginning of life and you know that life could not exist without it. So why do you believe something so absurd ? I get to kill both you and the "dummy daws" in the same post, how sweet.

Dictionary Definition of oxygen

oxygen n : a nonmetallic bivalent element that is normally a colorless odorless tasteless nonflammable diatomic gas; constitutes 21 percent of the atmosphere by volume; the most abundant element in the earth's crust [syn: O, atomic number 8]

Definition of OXYGEN

1: a reactive element that is found in water, in most rocks and minerals, in numerous organic compounds, and as a colorless tasteless odorless diatomic gas constituting 21 percent of the atmosphere, that is capable of combining with all elements except the inert gases, that is active in physiological processes, and that is involved especially in combustion —

The most abundant element in the earths crust you were saying ?

Ask yourself why does this planet have the only breathable oxygen when we know other planets have oxygen and it just so happens that there is no life on these other planets.

Now getting to your other rediculous and absurd comment. Particles are appear out of nothing :lol: yes there are particles in the air but they are formed from matter. Gases that fill the air are matter,yes oxygen and other Gases in the air are matter so the particles in the air are formed from matter. Wow you can't even use google before making such an ignorant comment ?

I love it even more the biggest doubter of my education" DAWS" just got schooled by someone that supposedly slept through high school and has no education,what does that say for him and you.

Flat Earth Theory
by Abby Cessna on December 28, 2009

Model of a flat Earth
The flat Earth theory was believed by many cultures around the world including Ancient Egyptian and Babylonian cultures as well as China up to the last few hundred years. The flat Earth theory states that the world is a flat disk rather than a sphere. As early as the fourth century B.C. however, philosophers and scientists realized that the Earth was actually a sphere. Aristotle was one Greek philosopher who advocated that Earth was a sphere. This debate has raged on in many cultures throughout the centuries. Now, some believe that most educated people since around the fourth century B.C. and on realized that the Earth was a sphere, and that the belief that the flat earth theory was widespread is just a myth that took root in the 19th century. It is now thought by many, including the Historical Association based in England, that Columbus did not believe the Earth was flat and that this story was merely a myth spread by Washington Irving in his book about Columbus.

Many people who believe in the flat Earth theory turn to the Bible in order to back up their theory. They quote various passages in order to back up their theories and interpret certain passages literally. Not all of them rely on the Bible though or simply on the Bible. Samuel Shenton who formed the Flat Earth Society, one of the most modern flat earth groups, believed that his beliefs could be proven using common sense and science. The Flat Earth Society was one of the most modern flat Earth organizations in the past century, but that too faded when its last president died in 2001. The name is still being used, although the new organization or organizations are not necessarily linked to the old society.

Those who adhere to the flat Earth theory have certain answers to criticisms of their theory. Charles Johnson, who was a president of the Flat Earth Society, said that the Moon landing was also a hoax and that it was scripted and filmed on a set in Hollywood. Gravity is seen as a mystical force – that does not exist – to many who believe in the flat Earth theory. Charles Johnson accepted Aristotle’s idea that things naturally fall downwards. Adherents to the flat Earth theory have often been criticized and parodied. Some of the web sites that use the name are simply satires.

Flat Earth Theory

So what you posted contradicted your claim.
ARE YOU THAT THICK?The flat Earth theory was believed by many cultures around the world including Ancient Egyptian and Babylonian cultures as well as China up to the last few hundred years.

Are you moving the goal posts again dummy ? You tried equating the view to Christians when there was only a few Christians believe that the earth was flat and were ignored by the Church because the scriptures speak of a circular earth. Oh and I had to repeat it again,the four corners of the earth was a metaphor, meaning entire earth. :lol:

You are the one that gave me minus reputation points and what was that for ?you said the reason was for inorance not ignorance :lol:

I am gonna right you off like Loki as a fish too small and ignore your posts. Take a few more classes and get back to me.

1. There is plenty of evidence -- for example, Neanderthals did not have throwing weapons.
2. I don't do assertions. I merely explain how the world looks based on known facts and logic.

That still does not support the your claim that neanderthals were less intelligent. A simple no would have answered the question that have you ever studied the brain of a neanderthal. And sometimes things are not the way they appear.
Neanderthals had bigger brains as they had more massive bodies. If bigger brains meant more intelligence, then human males and females would be of much different intelligence.

What's important is the ratio of the mass of the body to the size of the brain. On that measures humans and Neanderthals were about the same.

Looking at Neanderthal artifacts it's clear that over their 300,000 year span then didn't change much. Same tools, same hunting etc. They only hunted big game and never got past a thrusting spear. Humans developed the atlatal, sewing, art and decoration.

Given this, plus that humans survived, Humans were smarter.

Didn't imply bigger brains meant itelligence are you that thick ?

What I am implying is how did she know the intelligence of the neanderthal never examing a neanderthal brain. I was also implying why would the brain get smaller if we evolved from neanderthals. I thought she implied modern humans evolved from neanderthals.

Neanderthals were 100% human.

I promise I will not waste my time with trying to explain your misrepresentation of me. You will go ignored unless you say something of substance.

Really ? I hold a degree in molecular biology thanks for educatiing me in the science method. You think because someone does not agree with you they are not educated in science.

My job for eleven years was to study the effects of mutations and that is exactly why I know the theory of Neo Darwinism to be nonsense.
still telling that lie and expecting someone to believe it
it's alot like the definition of insanity.....:eusa_liar::lol::lol:

Schooled you fool,you had better hope I have a superior education.

So what prevents most people from becoming "The true person of God"? Wrong upbringing? Or are the born that way? Or maybe they just have the ability to reason?

Some cases ignorance of the truth,some choose not to believe.

Reason this, something does not come from nothing.
prove it!

Ok little fish, do you believe muslim children are taught Christianity ?

Are you really this stupid,everything is made up of matter.

mat·ter
   [mat-er] Show IPA

noun
the substance or substances of which any physical object consists or is composed: the matter of which the earth is made.

physical or corporeal substance in general, whether solid, liquid, or gaseous, especially as distinguished from incorporeal substance, as spirit or mind, or from qualities, actions, and the like.

something that occupies space.

a particular kind of substance: coloring matter.

a situation, state, affair, or business: a trivial matter Science Course Online
USADegreePrograms.com
Get Your Online Science Degree in 18 months. Financial Aid Option.
Ad

verb (used without object)
to be of importance; signify: It matters little.

Pathology . to suppurate.

Matter is always a great word to know.

So is polypeptide. Does it mean:

chain of amino acids linked together by peptide bonds, molecular weight of up to about 10,000

nucleic acid that carries instructions from the nuclear DNA into the cytoplasm

LEARN MORE UNUSUAL WORDS WITH WORD DYNAMO...

Idioms
a matter of life and death, something of vital or crucial importance.

as a matter of fact, in reality; actually; in fact: As a matter of fact, there is no substance to that rumor.

for that matter, as far as that is concerned; as for that: For that matter, you are no better qualified to judge than I. Also, for the matter of that.

no matter,
a.
regardless or irrespective of: We'll never finish on time, no matter how hard we work.

b.
it is unimportant; it makes no difference: No matter, this string will do as well as any other.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Origin:
1175&#8211;1225; Middle English mater ( e ), materie < Anglo-French, Old French mat ( i ) ere, materie < Latin m&#257;teria woody part of a tree, material, substance, derivative of m&#257;ter mother1

Related forms
mat·ter·ful, adjective

mat·ter·less, adjective

non·mat·ter, noun

Can be confused: &#8194;madder, matter (see synonym note at the current entry ).

Synonyms
1. Matter, material, stuff, substance refer to that of which physical objects are composed (though all these terms are also used abstractly). Matter, as distinct from mind and spirit, is a broad word that applies to anything perceived, or known to be occupying space: solid matter; gaseous matter. Material usually means some definite kind, quality, or quantity of matter, especially as intended for use: woolen material; a house built of good materials. Stuff, a less technical word, with approximately the same meanings as material, is characterized by being on an informal level when it refers to physical objects ( Dynamite is queer stuff ), and on a literary or poetic one when it is used abstractly ( the stuff that dreams are made on ). Substance is the matter that composes a thing, thought of in relation to its essential properties: a sticky substance. 5. question. 7. concern. 8. moment. 11. subject, topic. 19. count.

Example Sentences

The sun could be a net for dark matter, a new study suggests.
These experts assert that tickling is more than a laughing matter.
So I said there are three things that matter.
EXPAND

Explore the Visual Thesaurus »

Related Words for : matter

substance, count, weigh, affair, thing

View more related words »

Dictionary.com Unabridged

matt
&#8194; &#8194;[mat] Show IPA

adjective, noun, verb (used with object)
matte1 .

Dictionary.com Unabridged
Based on the Random House Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2012.
Cite This Source
|
Link To matter

Collins

World English Dictionary

matter (&#712;mæt&#601;)

&#8212; n (sometimes foll by of or for )

that which makes up something, esp a physical object; material

substance that occupies space and has mass, as distinguished from substance that is mental, spiritual, etc

substance of a specified type: vegetable matter ; reading matter

thing; affair; concern; question: a matter of taste ; several matters to attend to ; no laughing matter

a quantity or amount: a matter of a few pence

the content of written or verbal material as distinct from its style or form

( used with a negative ) importance; consequence

philosophy (in the writings of Aristotle and the Scholastics) that which is itself formless but can receive form and become substance

philosophy (in the Cartesian tradition) one of two basic modes of existence, the other being mind : matter being extended in space as well as time

printing

a.type set up, either standing or for use

b.copy to be set in type

a secretion or discharge, such as pus

law

a.something to be proved

b.statements or allegations to be considered by a court

for that matter as regards that

See grey matter

no matter

a.regardless of; irrespective of: no matter what the excuse, you must not be late

b. ( sentence substitute ) it is unimportant

the matter wrong; the trouble: there's nothing the matter

&#8212; vb

to be of consequence or importance

to form and discharge pus

[C13 (n), C16 (vb): from Latin m&#257;teria cause, substance, esp wood, or a substance that produces something else; related to m&#257;ter mother]

Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 10th Edition
2009 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins
Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009
Cite This Source

Etymonline

Word Origin & History

matter

c.1300, "material of thought, speech, or expression," from Anglo-Norm. matere, from L. materia "substance from which something is made," also "hard inner wood of a tree" (cf. Port. madeira "wood"), perhaps from mater "origin, source, mother." Or, on another theory, it represents *dmateria, from PIE root
EXPAND

Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
Cite This Source

American Heritage

Medical Dictionary

matter mat·ter (m&#257;t'&#601;r)
n.

Something that occupies space and can be perceived by one or more senses.

A specific type of substance.

Discharge or waste, such as pus or feces, from a living organism.

The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary
Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Cite This Source

American Heritage

Science Dictionary

matter (m&#257;t'&#601;r) Pronunciation Key
Something that has mass. Most of the matter in the universe is composed of atoms which are themselves composed of subatomic particles . See also energy, state of matter.

The American Heritage® Science Dictionary
Copyright © 2002. Published by Houghton Mifflin. All rights reserved.
Cite This Source

American Heritage

Cultural Dictionary

matter definition

In physics, something that has mass and is distinct from energy. ( See phases of matter.)

The American Heritage® New Dictionary of Cultural Literacy, Third Edition
Copyright © 2005 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
Cite This Source

American Heritage

Idioms & Phrases

matter

In addition to the idioms beginning with matter, also see crux of the matter; for that matter; gray matter; mince matters; mind over matter; no joke (laughing matter); no matter; the matter.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of Idioms by Christine Ammer.
Copyright © 1997. Published by Houghton Mifflin.
Cite This Source

Word Dynamo By Dictionary.com

Searching for matter?
How many words do you actually know?

FIND OUT

Related Words

conflict of laws substance back matter biomass issue puzzle

question subject matter vacuum antimatter between biochemistry

MORE

Slang

as a matter of fact

Idioms & Phrases

matter

crux of the matter

for that matter
gray matter
mince matters
MORE
Image for matter
Matching Quote
"Spirit borrows from matter the perceptions on which it feeds and restores them to matter in the form of movements which it has stamped with its own freedom."
-Henri Bergson
MORE

Last edited:
The true person of God will hear the gospel and respond positively

Some cases ignorance of the truth

Impossible -- most people who are not Christians have access to the Bible and its preachers. So they know the message, they just aren't interested.

some choose not to believe.

How can you choose not to believe that the sky is blue? How can you choose not to believe that if you drop a pencil, it will fall on the floor?

You can lie about your beliefs, but you can't choose what you sincerely believe is truth. So when most people conclude that Christianity is a myth, it is not because they choose to be that way. It is merely the way they experience the world around them -- they just don't see any evidence that the God is out there!

Impossible -- most people who are not Christians have access to the Bible and its preachers. So they know the message, they just aren't interested.

How can you choose not to believe that the sky is blue? How can you choose not to believe that if you drop a pencil, it will fall on the floor?

You can lie about your beliefs, but you can't choose what you sincerely believe is truth. So when most people conclude that Christianity is a myth, it is not because they choose to be that way. It is merely the way they experience the world around them -- they just don't see any evidence that the God is out there!

Well if you are gonna close your eyes to the design that surrounds you ,so be it

His mercy is to allow you to continue sinning and choose the road before you.

It's called freewill but he is a just God and no sin goes unpunished.

How come that Christianity looking as a 2000-year-old myth is MY sin?

Take it up with God.

In other words, you don't have an answer. And that explains why people like me don't believe in your God -- because neither you, nor any other Christian can explain why your God says one thing, but does completely opposite.

Your God wants people to become Christians, but then he makes sure that Christianity look like a fairy tale. Why?

Well if you are gonna close your eyes to the design that surrounds you ,so be it

OK, I will make it simple for you. Most people live with the eyes wide open -- otherwise they will be stumbling over every rock and bumping into every light post. They look into the Universe, but they don't see God in it because he either do not exists, or because He is hiding!

Why can't he just come to Manhattan, part the waters in the Upper Bay to garb the people attention and tell them what is going on? He had no problems doing that thousands years ago, so why not now?

Last edited:
How come that Christianity looking as a 2000-year-old myth is MY sin?

Take it up with God.

In other words, you don't have an answer. And that explains why people like me don't believe in your God -- because neither you, nor any other Christian can explain why your God says one thing, but does completely opposite.

Your God wants people to become Christians, but then he makes sure that Christianity look like a fairy tale. Why?

The only ones that try to make it look like a fairytale is some who can't bring themselves to believe in a higher power and miracles are a problem for them as well.

Besides it is by faith and belief that we are saved.

Romans 5:1 Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,

Romans 3:28 For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law.

John 3:16, "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life."

Rom. 3:22, "even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction."

Rom. 3:26, "for the demonstration, I say, of His righteousness at the present time, that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus."

Rom. 10:9-10, "that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved; 10for with the heart man believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation."

Mat 14:28 And Peter answered Him and said, LORD, if it is You, tell me to come to You on the water.
Mat 14:29 And He said, Come. And when Peter had come down out of the boat, he walked on the water to go to Jesus.
Mat 14:30 But seeing that the wind was strong, he was afraid. And beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me!
Mat 14:31 And immediately Jesus stretched out His hand and caught him; and said to him, Little-faith! Why did you doubt?

Mat 17:14 And when they came to the crowd, a man came to Him, kneeling down to Him and saying,
Mat 17:15 Lord, have mercy on my son, for he is a lunatic and grievously vexed; for oftentimes he falls into the fire, and often into the water.
Mat 17:16 And I brought him to Your disciples, and they could not cure him.
Mat 17:17 Then Jesus answered and said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? How long shall I suffer you? Bring him here to Me.
Mat 17:18 And Jesus rebuked the demon, and he departed out of him. And the child was cured from that very hour.
Mat 17:19 Then the disciples came to Jesus apart, and said, Why could we not cast him out?
Mat 17:20 And Jesus said to them, Because of your unbelief. For truly I say to you, If you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you shall say to this mountain, Move from here to there. And it shall move. And nothing shall be impossible to you.

OK, I will make it simple for you. Most people live with the eyes wide open -- otherwise they will be stumbling over every rock and bumping into every light post. They look into the Universe, but they don't see God in it because he either do not exists, or because He is hiding!

Why can't he just come to Manhattan, part the waters in the Upper Bay to garb the people attention and tell them what is going on? He had no problems doing that thousands years ago, so why not now?

Rerally,not according to God.

2Co 4:4 in whom the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving ones, so that the light of the glorious gospel of Christ (who is the image of God) should not dawn on them.

The god of this world is satan.

I hate bringing this up.

Joh 16:11 concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.

Mat 7:13 Go in by the narrow door; for wide is the door and open is the way which goes to destruction, and great numbers go in by it.
Mat 7:14 For narrow is the door and hard the road to life, and only a small number make discovery of it.

That's bull, there is no hardship in following Christian faith (unless one is born in a remote Afgan village --what about them, BTW?). Most people are not Christian only because they see it as a fairy tale.

Many will find out the hard way that it is not a fairy-tale.
8903_1a6b.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back