Creationists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course, your answer is "the gods did it". That is pure speculation and science has already made you gods obsolete. As time goes on the gods will be more and more superfluous when it comes to explainig the natural world.

Supernaturalism is not an answer for anything because it is ultimately lazy and dishonest. While it does relieve you of the burdensome task of having to make decisions and take responsibility for them, belief in gods is a religious claim and thus removes you from science claims. Appeals to the gods is pure speculation on your part. Even if we were to accept your undemonstrated claims of gods, it still gives us no solid reason to believe any supernatural causation is the result of your god(s) and not some other gods.

See? This is the risk you face when trying to twist religious traditions delineated in fundie dogma to fit the natural world. It demands mis-statements and speculation.

I can't think of anyone able to design them here on this planet :lol:
another no answer you have no evidence god either..just a wish.

Where did these complex molecular machines come from ?

Goofy name-caller,

Thinking is difficult for you. We understand that.

I don’t see that accepting reason as the criteria for perception is making oneself the center of one’s own existence. That is one of the many goofy canards typically appearing on fundie religious websites.

We are part of nature, as is our reason, as are our perceptions. If we can count on nature to be relatively consistent, then we can also count on our reason and perceptions to be relatively consistent, and as we learn more and accumulate more data, we will narrow the definition of the word “relatively”. This doesn’t mean that people generally behave as though their reason can be counted on as relatively consistent; in fact, they behave in just the reverse. But that too is knowledge, and it is not impossible to fix. Two ways I can think of is to stop inculcating in children (who lack any proper frame of reference) mystical mumbo-jumbo which is invariably backed up with the fundie christian precepts of self-deception, self-righteousness and implied threat. The second is to prioritize schooling of logical and critical thinking.

Do you and Daws copy and paste from pro evolutionist and atheist sites ? What is your point ? Most the time my posts are my own words,sometimes I don't feel like repeating myself and will copy and paste from sites on my side of the argument. I also quote people from your side as well. There are honest evolutionist out there and admit to the truths that many on your side are ignorant of.

The Christian creationist ministry worshippers sure do get riled up when pressed to defend their fantasies of gods and supernatural realms. The fundies have this need to ignore reason and rationality as the only way to perceive existence. No other method is known to be able to adequately replace it.
I think that the problem that fundies have with rationality is that they perceive that it doesn't address human intangible issues such as emotions, hence they feel reason is somehow inadequate. I take a very different view. Stripped of reason, one cannot even perceive the concept of love or hate or compassion, so therefore, the keystone of our perception of existence *must* be reason.

What terrifies the fundies is that mankind will continue to peel back the layers of supernaturalism that fundies require for belief in their gods. To promote an "incomprensible" being (or entity, or supernatural being) which used "incomprehensible" means to create existence is a guaranteed method of making the Universe exactly that: incomprehensible. Ultimately, I think it very possible that our intellect will allow us the chance to examine the very fabric of existence; given humankinds progress in science, I see no reason to believe otherwise.

Hopefully, at sometime in the future, humankind will be able to throw away the fears and superstitions that fundies inflict upon humanity.

Not me, I just sometimes return fire with fire.

Do you and Daws copy and paste from pro evolutionist and atheist sites ? What is your point ? Most the time my posts are my own words,sometimes I don't feel like repeating myself and will copy and paste from sites on my side of the argument. I also quote people from your side as well. There are honest evolutionist out there and admit to the truths that many on your side are ignorant of.

The Christian creationist ministry worshippers sure do get riled up when pressed to defend their fantasies of gods and supernatural realms. The fundies have this need to ignore reason and rationality as the only way to perceive existence. No other method is known to be able to adequately replace it.
I think that the problem that fundies have with rationality is that they perceive that it doesn't address human intangible issues such as emotions, hence they feel reason is somehow inadequate. I take a very different view. Stripped of reason, one cannot even perceive the concept of love or hate or compassion, so therefore, the keystone of our perception of existence *must* be reason.

What terrifies the fundies is that mankind will continue to peel back the layers of supernaturalism that fundies require for belief in their gods. To promote an "incomprensible" being (or entity, or supernatural being) which used "incomprehensible" means to create existence is a guaranteed method of making the Universe exactly that: incomprehensible. Ultimately, I think it very possible that our intellect will allow us the chance to examine the very fabric of existence; given humankinds progress in science, I see no reason to believe otherwise.

Hopefully, at sometime in the future, humankind will be able to throw away the fears and superstitions that fundies inflict upon humanity.

Yeah, I can imagine you and the creationist ministry types arguing the social impact of witchcraft... it helps add to the imagery...

Where did these complex molecular machines come from ?

Certainly not from the gods. If the world around us was created by them, they could only be described as incompetent.

:lol: explain ? what does your response have to do with molecular machines ?

What do your gods have to do with biological mechanisms?

You claim they exhibit "design", yet only incompetent gods could have designed so many failures.

Yeah, I can imagine you and the creationist ministry types arguing the social impact of witchcraft... it helps add to the imagery...

nonsensical response,not deserving of a response.

Certainly not from the gods. If the world around us was created by them, they could only be described as incompetent.

You claim they exhibit "design", yet only incompetent gods could have designed so many failures.

YAHWEH created everything perfect and sin brought forth entropy,we are living in man's world not YAHWEH'S world. The imperfections we see in this world was the result of man's rebellion.

YAHWEH created everything perfect and sin brought forth entropy,we are living in man's world not YAHWEH'S world. The imperfections we see in this world was the result of man's rebellion.

That's so silly. As a "designer", your gods are hopelessly incompetent.

For that matter, there is no greater villian iin all of history written history than the atrocities in the bible linked to your gods. Just look at the damage to humanity they have caused.

Christianity forbade medical practice for 1600 years. DaVinci (who recorded his own love affairs with young boys) had to practice medicine under the cover of darkness lest he be burned at the stake. Hippocrates, the father of medicine, lived 500 years before Jesus, and worshipped Zeus. So how come Zeus doesn't get the credit? What is different between Jehovah and Zeus?

Both are fairy tales. They both had sons with supernatural powers (Hercules and Jesus, they both boinked human women and got them pregnant, they both rule/create the universe, they both even have books written about them. Here's the difference: People briefly grew up around 2,300 years ago and started to realize the myths were just that-- myths.

That's so silly. As a "designer", your gods are hopelessly incompetent.

For that matter, there is no greater villian iin all of history written history than the atrocities in the bible linked to your gods. Just look at the damage to humanity they have caused.

Christianity forbade medical practice for 1600 years. DaVinci (who recorded his own love affairs with young boys) had to practice medicine under the cover of darkness lest he be burned at the stake. Hippocrates, the father of medicine, lived 500 years before Jesus, and worshipped Zeus. So how come Zeus doesn't get the credit? What is different between Jehovah and Zeus?

Both are fairy tales. They both had sons with supernatural powers (Hercules and Jesus, they both boinked human women and got them pregnant, they both rule/create the universe, they both even have books written about them. Here's the difference: People briefly grew up around 2,300 years ago and started to realize the myths were just that-- myths.

How bout it Hollie,are you ready for a discussion centering on science ?

Sorry. I have no interest in refuting creationist ministry youtube videos.

Worse yet, I have no interest in spending additional time chasing down the altered, falsified and edited "quotes" that you and the creationist ministries have a habit of manufacturing. I've scolded you and the other fundie on many occasions for deliberately posting altered, falsified and edited "quotes". You have proven you can't be trusted to be honorable and truthful.

You and the creationist ministries have this idea that denigrating science somehow proves your gods. That's not the case.

It is important for fundies like you to accept that the history of your beliefs has caused immense damage to the world. Medicine, philosophy, the arts, science have all suffered because of the actions of men who believed in supernatural entities. According to the bible, god created man, and forced on man all manner of evil. Man didn't create Satan, the gods did. Man didn't create sin, the gods did. Satan was "evil" before man was created-- did you ever read the Adam and Eve tale?

How bout it Hollie,are you ready for a discussion centering on science ?

Sorry. I have no interest in refuting creationist ministry youtube videos.

Worse yet, I have no interest in spending additional time chasing down the altered, falsified and edited "quotes" that you and the creationist ministries have a habit of manufacturing. I've scolded you and the other fundie on many occasions for deliberately posting altered, falsified and edited "quotes". You have proven you can't be trusted to be honorable and truthful.

You and the creationist ministries have this idea that denigrating science somehow proves your gods. That's not the case.

It is important for fundies like you to accept that the history of your beliefs has caused immense damage to the world. Medicine, philosophy, the arts, science have all suffered because of the actions of men who believed in supernatural entities. According to the bible, god created man, and forced on man all manner of evil. Man didn't create Satan, the gods did. Man didn't create sin, the gods did. Satan was "evil" before man was created-- did you ever read the Adam and Eve tale?

No real data,real evidence Hollie, Molecular biology. I won't mention God and you don't mention God.

Maybe its the power of your close personal friend, Satan.

My goodness, but absent a handy youtube infomercial produed by one of the creationist ministries, you're left stuttering and mumbling.

I am not a robot. This is not a recording. I repeat, I am not a robot, this is not cut and pasted from the last 35 posts. Signed, Hollie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back