Creationists

Status
Not open for further replies.
As daws correctly established, you have no degree in biology. That has been evident by your inability to offer anything but cutting and pasting from fundie websites. You have never offered any commentary of your own regarding creationist attempts to undermine biology that supports evolution because you understand none of it.

...says the imbecile that has never disclosed his/her educational background or gender. :lol::lol::lol:

It is apparently a pattern with stalkers to become obsessed (thus the term "stalking), with someone such that their creepy advances, when met with rejection, causes them to lash out in fits of rage. You have already identified that you have dreams involving me.

An emotionally healthy individual would not use a message board as a vehicle to pursue your lurid and creepy fantasies. Your creepy stalking, coupled with your religious fanaticism suggests you have had issues in the past.

Seek help, fundie. Or take a cue from Jim Jones and do the right thing.

You never answer the questions, ever. From now on, until you actuallly answer a question, my response to you will simply be the same ad hominem attacks you spew continually. I will cut out all your cut and pasted flowery language and merely call it like it is...

You're an imbecile.

A common tactic of creationists is to cut and paste "quotes" from websites such as the ICR without spending the time to verify the authenticity of the material they "quote". That resulted in you falsely and incorrectly attributed a "quote" to an individual who never made such statements. Your carelessness (or was it deception), in falsely attributing "quotes" is a tactic seen often in this thread by creationists who have no ethical standards in connection with what they cut and paste.

Yet you fail to verify such a tactic was used as you have failed to prove the quote to be false.

You only assume that this was the case since you deem it common practice. wWhich is yet another point you fail to prove.

I guess we should just take your word for it huh?
You have failed to provide a "quote" attributed to Schwartz. What you cut and pasted was commentary by Henry Morris relative to a couple of sentences allegedly made by Schwartz.

You falsely and mistakenly attributed to Schwartz, commentary by Henry Morris. I have no way of knowing what portion or portions of comments allegedly attributed to Schwartz were parsed, edited or altered. How does anyone refute something you haven't provided.

Hollie, the real American Loon.

Good question,why did not the superior traits such as strength,sense of smell,and land speed not get passed on to humans if we are related ?

Evolutionary imperatives.

Why do you think the gods would create species so similar in form, function and biology and then allow a fosill to exist that traces a common ancestry back tens of thousands of years.

These gods -they're just messin' with us, no?

In Darwin's theory, evolution was produced by gradual change over millions of years. If this is the case, why don't we see thousands of hominid species which are in various states of evolving. Why are there no inbetweener's with gradual differences from us. The same applies for any species on the planet. Please do tell in your OWN WORDS Hollie.

Thus has been addressed repeatedly. Your responses have been childish insults and cut / pasted nonsense from fundie websites.

There are numerous transitional species. Your creationist mindset will not allow you to accept that, however, your self-imposed limitations are not my problem.

Why would the gods have allowed any indication at all of transitional species, fosill evidence and the science that confirms these things?

Have you sought help yet for your dreams that include me and your perverse need to stalk me?

Yet you fail to verify such a tactic was used as you have failed to prove the quote to be false.

You only assume that this was the case since you deem it common practice. wWhich is yet another point you fail to prove.

I guess we should just take your word for it huh?
You have failed to provide a "quote" attributed to Schwartz. What you cut and pasted was commentary by Henry Morris relative to a couple of sentences allegedly made by Schwartz.

You falsely and mistakenly attributed to Schwartz, commentary by Henry Morris. I have no way of knowing what portion or portions of comments allegedly attributed to Schwartz were parsed, edited or altered. How does anyone refute something you haven't provided.

Hollie, the real American Loon.

Ah, this is the angry, xtian zealot persona?

If humans are related to apes why are we so intelligent and they are not ?

Speak for yourself.

For that matter, why did the gods make apes stronger by comparison than humans?

Good question,why did not the superior traits such as strength,sense of smell,and land speed not get passed on to humans if we are related ?

Because that's how evolution works, some species pick up things that they need and others don't pick up the same traits. Humans have better brains so they needed less strength, speed, ... than other species.

For today's edition of The bad, the Stupid, and creationists...

Lying for Jesus: Humans lived with dinosaurs

Lying for Jesus: Humans lived with dinosaurs « Why Evolution Is True

If people ever say we’re exaggerating the ravages of creationism in the United States, have a look at this video. Check out the title in the subject line. The answer, of course, is a resounding, “YES! Praise Jesus!”

Dinosaurs with Man | Creation Today

Non-American readers: be prepared to be gobsmacked by the stupidity here.

Eric Hovind and Paul Taylor are your hosts at this 30-minute episode on the Creation Today show. For most of the show Hovind is lecturing to kids. I can’t think of anything more vile than promulgating such lies to children.

Hovind comes off, I must say, as a bit unhinged: as an amalgam of Jimmy Swaggart and Soupy Sales.

Among the highlights:

4:02: Hovind claims to prove that dinosaurs are mentioned in the Bible (as “dragons”) and concludes without doubt that those dragons were really dinosaurs. (He later says that dragons are mentioned 35 times in the Bible, and Hovind determined that at least 23 of those refer to real dragons.)

5:00: Hovind claims that the dinosaurs faced a “very hostile environment” after the Flood. But how did they survive it? He doesn’t mention that they were on the Ark. And the dinos went extinct because of the debilitating post-flood climate. How do we know? Because the human lifespan dropped from over 900 years before the flood (Methuselah) to 400, then 200, then 100.

7:42: People also helped bring about the extinction of dinosaurs: they were killed for meat, to protect the kids, and even for medicinal purposes (ancient remedies called for “dragon blood”).

10:45. The Bible refers to dragons and serpents breathing fire. Since the Bible is literally true, Hovind has to show that dinos could do that. But of course they couldn’t. What does he do: had adduces “animals alive to day with those kinds of capabilities.” He’s apparently referring to bombadier beetle. How that proves that reptiles breathed fire is beyond me. More proof: the walls of Babylon had dragons engraved on them. And of course there are the stories of Beowulf and Grendel, and St. George and the dragon. More evidence! The Grand Canyon has Native American carvings of dragons!

17:13: Hovind asserts that “behemoth” mention in the Book of Job was “obviously” a dinosaur

20:25: Satan twisted God’s creation by making scientists say that dinosaurs really lived million years ago

22:25: Hovind offers the kids a choice between evolution (obviously disproven) and a creator.

23:20: Hovind tells the kids that evolutionists are deceiving people about the evidence we have to support our theory. (I’m checking myself for horns).

Of all the horrible aspects of religion, the worst is the imperative to brainwash kids with lies that support your own faith.

If people ever say we’re exaggerating the ravages of creationism in the United States, have a look at this video. Check out the title in the subject line. The answer, of course, is a resounding, “YES! Praise Jesus!”

Eric Hovind and Paul Taylor are your hosts at this 30-minute episode on the Creation Today show. For most of the show Hovind is lecturing to kids. I can’t think of anything more vile than promulgating such lies to children.

Hovind comes off, I must say, as a bit unhinged: as an amalgam of Jimmy Swaggart and Soupy Sales.

Among the highlights:

4:02: Hovind claims to prove that dinosaurs are mentioned in the Bible (as “dragons”) and concludes without doubt that those dragons were really dinosaurs. (He later says that dragons are mentioned 35 times in the Bible, and Hovind determined that at least 23 of those refer to real dragons.)

5:00: Hovind claims that the dinosaurs faced a “very hostile environment” after the Flood. But how did they survive it? He doesn’t mention that they were on the Ark. And the dinos went extinct because of the debilitating post-flood climate. How do we know? Because the human lifespan dropped from over 900 years before the flood (Methuselah) to 400, then 200, then 100.

7:42: People also helped bring about the extinction of dinosaurs: they were killed for meat, to protect the kids, and even for medicinal purposes (ancient remedies called for “dragon blood”).

10:45. The Bible refers to dragons and serpents breathing fire. Since the Bible is literally true, Hovind has to show that dinos could do that. But of course they couldn’t. What does he do: had adduces “animals alive to day with those kinds of capabilities.” He’s apparently referring to bombadier beetle. How that proves that reptiles breathed fire is beyond me. More proof: the walls of Babylon had dragons engraved on them. And of course there are the stories of Beowulf and Grendel, and St. George and the dragon. More evidence! The Grand Canyon has Native American carvings of dragons!

17:13: Hovind asserts that “behemoth” mention in the Book of Job was “obviously” a dinosaur

20:25: Satan twisted God’s creation by making scientists say that dinosaurs really lived million years ago

22:25: Hovind offers the kids a choice between evolution (obviously disproven) and a creator.

23:20: Hovind tells the kids that evolutionists are deceiving people about the evidence we have to support our theory. (I’m checking myself for horns).

Of all the horrible aspects of religion, the worst is the imperative to brainwash kids with lies that support your own faith.

Hollie, #1 American Loon.

For that matter, why did the gods make apes stronger by comparison than humans?

Because that's how evolution works, some species pick up things that they need and others don't pick up the same traits. Humans have better brains so they needed less strength, speed, ... than other species.

Nice try. Modern evolution does not claim this. Catch up!!!

Ok, if you prefer to deny reality, that's cool. I mean, you already believe in an invisible superbeing in another dimension that you pray to to run your life, so what's a little more delusion?

Among the highlights:

Hollie, #1 American Loon.
Oh, you poor angry fundie. Absent stalking me through post after post, you're left with nothing to contribute.

What lovely Dark Ages superstition your brethren from a twisted alternate reality promulgate. Such are the dangers of fundamentalist christianity.

How ironic that a science hating Christian creationist would seek to lecture anyone regarding "modern evolution". Is there such a thing as "modern evolution"?

How ironic that a science hating Christian creationist would seek to lecture anyone regarding "modern evolution". Is there such a thing as "modern evolution"?

Good stuff Hollie. Where do you find these cretins??:D

How ironic that a science hating Christian creationist would seek to lecture anyone regarding "modern evolution". Is there such a thing as "modern evolution"? Why am I such a loon?

Yes. This isn't your dad's TOE's mobile.

Last edited:
Yes, don't believe liberals! Liberals are bad! No conservative has ever lied, cheated, covered anything up, or been corrupt in some way. Conservatives are people of God, and therefore, are better and have the moral high ground no matter what they do. Calling people on their shit, one thing. Having a double standard while doing it, doesn't make you any better.

for that matter, why did the gods make apes stronger by comparison than humans?

good question,why did not the superior traits such as strength,sense of smell,and land speed not get passed on to humans if we are related ?

because that's how evolution works, some species pick up things that they need and others don't pick up the same traits. Humans have better brains so they needed less strength, speed, ... Than other species.

oh fuck dont pretend you know...

As for Darwins discoveries, it would be helpful to remember that Darwin specifically said he didn't know where the original cell or cells came from and he wasn't going to guess. He said the origin of life itself was a hopeless inquiry. In Origin of the Species (and how many here have actually READ that interesting book?) Darwin said that in the beginning it was the Creator (with a capital c) who breathed life into the first single cell or several single cells, and it would be far in the future before the answer would be made clear. I wonder if he could have invisioned DNA?
Now notice, if you will, Darwin probably did more than any other person to extinguish religious faith among educated people and yet he was NOT an athiest. He bows to the Creator.
He probabaly couldn't even concieve of being an atheist. In his day not even the most daring, rationalistic philosophers, not even David Hume professed to be athiests. It's not until the end of the 19th century we are met with the first athiest of any prominence :Nietzche. I suspect Darwin figured that since nobody had the foggiest idea as to what created life in the first place, why not just lay it off on the Creator and let it go at that?

Keep in mind, the origin of the species and the origins of life are two entirely different concepts.

Darwin was not a neuro-scientist. His knowledge of the human brain was primitive at best. He knew nothing of genetics even though they were discovered by a contemporary of his, an Austrian monk named Gregor Johann Mendel- whose work strengthens the case for evolution tremendously. But Darwin did something more fundamental. He obliterated the cardinal distinction between Man and the beasts of the field. It had always been a truism that Man was a rational being and the beasts operated on 'instinct'. But what is instinct? It's what we now know to be the genetic code an animal is born with.

If man is an animal to what extent does his genetic code govern his life? Here we get into the realm of spiirtualism---or perhaps a little help from a higher life form, possibly from outside this universe (Pan Spermia?)
The ancient Sumerians plainly state in their texts that the 'Gods' bred us, as we are today--more or less, so we could function as slaves for those higher beings.
Strange stuff but it does answer a few basic questions and I don't think any discussion on this subject can go very far without considering our 'true' origins.

And this doesn't go against the concept of God at all. It merely makes Him bigger. No matter, if you will, who created US, SOMEBODY created THEM.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back