Creationists

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds like you must have seen the movie Expelled. Are you talking about the materialistic zealots that use the courts and formal education, as well as a policy of zero tolerance of any opposing thought in the workplace, to foist their Darwinisitic religious views on everyone?

I have not. Just saw the trailer... I'm not going to watch an hour and 38 minutes of it.

Amazing the hour and so videos folk put up here as if we would watch that.
If there are nekked women up to something in it, probably then.

Imagine that! Naked women having more attraction than your propaganda. Astonishing! :lol:

Can you reconize conjecture when you see it ? Like i said before all things would have to had been genetically related according to your sides own reasoning on Dna similarity.

It is so dang rediculous how your side ignores problems for your theory,your side simply looks away at contradicting evidence or give some explanation that is filled with conjecture why is that ?

You need to be a little more specific.

All things are genetically related.

What problems for our side? There is no contradiction in evidence or logic with evolution, or unfilled explanations. It is entirely logically sound and evidentially backed.

Can you reconize conjecture when you see it ? Like i said before all things would have to had been genetically related according to your sides own reasoning on Dna similarity.

It is so dang rediculous how your side ignores problems for your theory,your side simply looks away at contradicting evidence or give some explanation that is filled with conjecture why is that ?

What problems for our side? There is no contradiction in evidence or logic with evolution, or unfilled explanations. It is entirely logically sound and evidentially backed.

You continue to make the rookie error of thinking a Historical Science like Evolutionary Theory can actually meet the same burden of proof as an operational science like physics or chemistry. It can't. You can claim Evolutionary Theory is "evidentially" backed, but much of the "so called" evidence is open to great interpretation.

Last edited:
Truth is not encumbant on a poll or majority vote. "Most" people can be and are wrong much of the time. It has been a difficult road for intelligent people as much of the history of organised religion has focused it's "argument" towards agreement on murdering it's opposition. Pure publicly accepted reason is a very recent developement.

It sounds like you must have seen the movie Expelled. Are you talking about the materialistic zealots that use the courts and formal education, as well as a policy of zero tolerance of any opposing thought in the workplace, to foist their Darwinisitic religious views on everyone?
What a shame that the Christian Taliban take exception to the courts enforcing the law.

I have hope for you Hollie. Some of the most bigoted, vehement haters of Christianity have become some of the most enthusiastic converts. Your shackles are VERY evident in your writing and there is amazing freedom in Christ.

You continue to make the rookie error of thinking a Historical Science like Evolutionary Theory can actually meet the same burden of proof as an operational science like physics or chemistry. It can't. You can claim Evolutionary Theory is "evidentially" backed, but much of the "so called" evidence is open to great interpretation.

By whom? Creationists?

You continue to make the rookie error of thinking a Historical Science like Evolutionary Theory can actually meet the same burden of proof as an operational science like physics or chemistry. It can't.

That isn't in the post yours follows, nor (IIRC) in any of his posts.

In any case, again:

But lest anyone put an undue amount of importance on this, that Biological History is less certain than Biological Fact is a thing largely unavoidable.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

You can claim Evolutionary Theory is "evidentially" backed, but much of the "so called" evidence is open to great interpretation.

Firstly, calling something by a particular name doesn't change what it is, if indeed that's what we're talking about. Secondly, the above quote also applies, and (again), despite the phrasing "(statement A), but (statement B)," if I know what he and you mean, that isn't a contradiction, for:

that Biological History is less certain than Biological Fact is a thing largely unavoidable.

Last edited:

What the Christian Taliban don't understand is that evolutionary science incorporates the very "historical sciences" that the Christian Taliban reject. Inasmuch as fundie beliefs are pick and choose in connection with belief in their supernatural gawds, they similarly take a pick and choose approach to science and will reject it out of hand. Science and knowledge are the opposite of supernaturalism and ignorance and it is the latter that is embraced by fundies.

What a shame that the Christian Taliban take exception to the courts enforcing the law.

I have hope for you Hollie. Some of the most bigoted, vehement haters of Christianity have become some of the most enthusiastic converts. Your shackles are VERY evident in your writing and there is amazing freedom in Christ.

You don't seem to understand that others can see the harm caused by unquestioning adherence to belief in ancient tales and fables. Why do think anyone would choose to be an adherent to a belief system that causes the hate and fear you project?

UR, the Church used to think that the earth was flat and tortured people who disagreed with them. Now the church thinks that the earth is round. Their thinking evolved because of scientific proof. See how evolution works? I can give you some more concrete examples of evolution all around you if you need.

One of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

Ever heard of speciation being demonstrated in a laboratory?

Ever heard of genetics studies used to verify common ancestry?

Ever heard of viruses mutating over time?

Ever heard of fossil evidence which clearly shows a linear progression in the anatomy of species over time?

Hmm... yeah. Every one of you're claims about evolution is utterly false. Stick to what you know.

Hardly anything you mentioned involves evolution much less proves it.

By all accounts the fossil record should indicate millions of transitional fossils.

A virus mutating is still a virus.

Evolution requires non-living matter to turn into a living organism and this has never been observed.

So when it comes to real science (i.e. things we can actually establish by observation and experiment) life always comes from life! Evolutionists insist life came from nonliving matter but they have no way of proving this. Just saying something repeatedly doesn't make it true!

Actually, all of my examples demonstrate the fact of evolution, by definition. You can deny it all day. That's your choice.

There are no "shoulds" when it comes to the earth and what it "should" produce "for us" so that we can feel better about ourselves. What it has given us, in terms of fossils, is what we get. The fossil record shouldn't give us anything. The fact that it has is nice. DNA evidence alone confirms common ancestry, so we don't even need fossils, technically, to prove evolution to be true.

Why you would expect a mutating virus to become anything other than a virus is simply beyond me. What's more hilarious is that you think its lack of ability to turn into something else, is a point against evolution. You're blatant misapprehension of the concepts within evolution are what you give you the ability to apparently deny it. In other words, once again, you argue against a straw man of evolution, not evolution.

You really sealed the deal with your scientific ignorance when you stated how "evolutionists" believe life came from non-life. Life from non-life has nothing to do with evolution. Many christians believe fully in evolution, because abiogenesis is a different event from evolution.

You really live up to your name: lonestar logic.

Common ancestry does not prove evolution. And the fossil record does not show any evidence of evolution. Evolutionist take what they see and GUESS based on their preconceived ideas.

The entire premise behind evolution is one species evolving into another. A virus mutating is still a virus.

The theory of evolution seeks to explain the origin of life on Earth and the origin of different species. Despite the fact that most of the scientific community has regarded it as fact for more than a century, a large number of people still dispute the theory of evolution, and various public controversies have resulted from this disagreement.

According to evolutionary theory, life began billions of years ago, when a group of chemicals inadvertently organized themselves into a self-replicating molecule. This tiny molecule gave rise to everything that has ever lived on the planet. Different and more complex organisms grew from this simple beginning through mutation of DNA and natural selection.

You don't seem to understand that others can see the harm caused by unquestioning adherence to belief in ancient tales and fables. Why do think anyone would choose to be an adherent to a belief system that causes the hate and fear you project?

Once again you are projecting your own hate and bigoted fear against Christians on me. I don't hate anyone, not even you Hollie. Now I do get incredibly frustrated with you, which we all know is your tactic. You purposely repeat phrases over and over and continually spew the same ad hominem attacks and you are able to get Christians to act unbecomingly, which we all know is your goal. However, just I because I loose patience with you doesn't mean I am any less forgiven nor does it mean that I hate you. You, on the other hand, have a deep-seated viscious hate for Christians which is evident in all your posts. The Apostle Paul also hated Christians intently. He was actually there holding the coats for the men who stoned Stephen and he was also responsible for hunting down and killing many Christians. His conversion was nothing short of a miracle and he went on to write many of the letters to the various early churches which wound up becoming many of the books in the New Testament. All I was saying is people like you that have so much hate are sometimes the ones that have the most amazing conversions. I think it might have to do with the huge burden that is lifted when you let go of your intense hate. Most people don't realize it and think their hate is hurting the people they hate, when the real destruction is happening to YOUR insides. Your hate and bigotry is eating away at your soul and you are so trapped in it, you don't realize it.

Last edited:

Once again you are projecting your own hate and bigoted fear against Christians on me. I don't hate anyone, not even you Hollie. Now I do get incredibly frustrated with you, which we all know is your tactic. You purposely repeat phrases over and over and continually spew the same ad hominem attacks and you are able to get Christians to act unbecomingly, which we all know is your goal. However, just I because I loose patience with you doesn't mean I am any less forgiven nor does it mean that I hate you. You, on the other hand, have a deep-seated viscious hate for Christians which is evident in all your posts. The Apostle Paul also hated Christians intently. He was actually there holding the coats for the men who stoned Stephen and he was also responsible for hunting down and killing many Christians. His conversion was nothing short of a miracle and he went on to write many of the letters to the various early churches which wound up becoming many of the books in the New Testament. All I was saying is people like you that have so much hate are sometimes the ones that have the most amazing conversions. I think it might have to do with the huge burden that is lifted when you let go of your intense hate. Most people don't realize it and think their hate is hurting the people they hate, when the real destruction is happening to YOUR insides. Your hate and bigotry is eating away at your soul and you are so trapped in it, you don't realize it.
Oh, my but you are an angry fundie.

There's mo need to project your hate and insecurity on others. If living in fear and superstition gives you a sense of belonging and purpose, you're free to live that way.

There's just no reason for you to project those fears and superstitions on others.

I should advise that there are groups which can separate you from your cult. There us help available for you.

Hardly anything you mentioned involves evolution much less proves it.

By all accounts the fossil record should indicate millions of transitional fossils.

A virus mutating is still a virus.

Evolution requires non-living matter to turn into a living organism and this has never been observed.

So when it comes to real science (i.e. things we can actually establish by observation and experiment) life always comes from life! Evolutionists insist life came from nonliving matter but they have no way of proving this. Just saying something repeatedly doesn't make it true!

Actually, all of my examples demonstrate the fact of evolution, by definition. You can deny it all day. That's your choice.

There are no "shoulds" when it comes to the earth and what it "should" produce "for us" so that we can feel better about ourselves. What it has given us, in terms of fossils, is what we get. The fossil record shouldn't give us anything. The fact that it has is nice. DNA evidence alone confirms common ancestry, so we don't even need fossils, technically, to prove evolution to be true.

Why you would expect a mutating virus to become anything other than a virus is simply beyond me. What's more hilarious is that you think its lack of ability to turn into something else, is a point against evolution. You're blatant misapprehension of the concepts within evolution are what you give you the ability to apparently deny it. In other words, once again, you argue against a straw man of evolution, not evolution.

You really sealed the deal with your scientific ignorance when you stated how "evolutionists" believe life came from non-life. Life from non-life has nothing to do with evolution. Many christians believe fully in evolution, because abiogenesis is a different event from evolution.

Common ancestry does not prove evolution. And the fossil record does not show any evidence of evolution. Evolutionist take what they see and GUESS based on their preconceived ideas.

The entire premise behind evolution is one species evolving into another. A virus mutating is still a virus.

The theory of evolution seeks to explain the origin of life on Earth and the origin of different species. Despite the fact that most of the scientific community has regarded it as fact for more than a century, a large number of people still dispute the theory of evolution, and various public controversies have resulted from this disagreement.

According to evolutionary theory, life began billions of years ago, when a group of chemicals inadvertently organized themselves into a self-replicating molecule. This tiny molecule gave rise to everything that has ever lived on the planet. Different and more complex organisms grew from this simple beginning through mutation of DNA and natural selection.
Yours are the standard cut and paste misrepresentations from creationist ministries.

29+ Evidences for Macroevolution: Part 1

Because fundie Christians continue to be confused and/or choose to lie about evolution, its important to teach them that evolution and the beginning of life are separate issues.

Do all Christian fundies avoid knowledge and an education in science?

UR, the Church used to think that the earth was flat and tortured people who disagreed with them. Now the church thinks that the earth is round. Their thinking evolved because of scientific proof. See how evolution works? I can give you some more concrete examples of evolution all around you if you need.

Ahh, more revisionist BS. Perhaps you should bone up on your history my friend. This is a common lie of atheists. People like Hollie don't care what the real truth is. She just likes to use her term "flat earthers" as a put down to Christians. She is not interested in the real facts or the truth:

From Wiki:

The misconception that educated Europeans at the time of Columbus believed in a flat Earth, and that his voyages refuted that belief, has been referred to as the "Myth of the Flat Earth".[9] In 1945, it was listed by the Historical Association (of Britain) as the second of 20 in a pamphlet on common errors in history.[10]

In fact, the council attempted to stop Columbus based on the immense distance they thought he would have to sail due to calculations from Eratosthenes. They turned out to be right, because if Christopher had not bumped into the New World, he and his crew would have surely perished before making it to India.

From Wiki:
Eratosthenes

Eratosthenes (276–194 BC) estimated Earth's circumference around 240 BC. He had heard that in Syene the Sun was directly overhead at the summer solstice whereas in Alexandria it still cast a shadow. Using the differing angles the shadows made as the basis of his trigonometric calculations he estimated a circumference of around 250,000 stades. The length of a 'stade' is not precisely known, but Eratosthenes' figure only has an error of around five to fifteen percent.[17][18][19] Eratosthenes used rough estimates and round numbers, but depending on the length of the stadion, his result is within a margin of between 2% and 20% of the actual meridional circumference, 40,008 kilometres (24,860 mi). Note that Eratosthenes could only measure the circumference of the Earth by assuming that the distance to the Sun is so great that the rays of sunlight are essentially parallel.

Last edited:

There's mo need to project your hate and insecurity on others. If living in fear and superstition gives you a sense of belonging and purpose, you're free to live that way.

There's just no reason for you to project those fears and superstitions on others.

I should advise that there are groups which can separate you from your cult. There us help available for you.

There is hope for you if you just let go of your bigotry and hate.

Yours are the standard cut and paste misrepresentations from creationist ministries.

Because fundie Christians continue to be confused and/or choose to lie about evolution, its important to teach them that evolution and the beginning of life are separate issues.

Actually it was from the Discovery Channel.

Tell me when did evolution begin if not at the origin of life?

Does your cult leader keep jars of Kool-Aid on the shelf?

Hollie, you know I see through your attempts to frustrate people. You pretend to be super ignorant but you know good and well your continued accusations about others education while remaining silent on your own aggravate people's sense of fairness. Your intense hate for Christians, or basically your hate for any religion that believes in God, is the cause of your repeated attempts to frustrate them by acting stupid, like coninuing to refer to the God of a monotheistic religion as "gawds" or "gods". Again, you have lied numerous times and yet you accuse others of the behavior. I'm really not falling for your manipulations and I hope the other Christian posters won't feed the beast anymore either. Without others feeding your hate, I believe you would shrivel up and float away.

The point is, no amount of truth or scientific evidence will change your underlying atheistic worldview, so you are just noise in this thread. You aren't interested in truth, only hate, bigotry and persecuting others. I wonder how you can sleep at night??

Does your cult leader keep jars of Kool-Aid on the shelf?

Manipulative, Bigoted Post. Please try to stay on topic.

Actually it was from the Discovery Channel.

Tell me when did evolution begin if not at the origin of life?
As noted, yours is a common misrepresentation of Christian ministries. Have you ever studied science at an accredited school?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back