Creationists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why can't creationism and evolution coexist? Evolution is obviously real since there is scientific proof of it but who's to say that God isn't behind it? I believe that if God created the universe then he can certainly set life to evolve, and believing that doesn't make me any less Christian.

Now for the people that think that animals like dinosaurs are made up or that the earth is less than 10,000 years old they are just blind to reality and are just believing their own lies.

There would be no problem with creationism and evolution co-existing, if there was a shred of scientific evidence it was a valid theory. I have no issue with the fact that God used millions of processes to create the universe, the earth and everything in it. There just isn't science to support evolution was one of them.
As ID'iots would present it, all the disparate sciences supporting evolution, all the hard data and all the relevant teaching universities and relevant scientists have all configured a worldwide conspiracy to fool religious zealots.

Such are the wages of ID'iocy.

Why can't creationism and evolution coexist? Evolution is obviously real since there is scientific proof of it but who's to say that God isn't behind it? I believe that if God created the universe then he can certainly set life to evolve, and believing that doesn't make me any less Christian.

Now for the people that think that animals like dinosaurs are made up or that the earth is less than 10,000 years old they are just blind to reality and are just believing their own lies.

There would be no problem with creationism and evolution co-existing, if there was a shred of scientific evidence it was a valid theory. I have no issue with the fact that God used millions of processes to create the universe, the earth and everything in it. There just isn't science to support evolution was one of them.

This is an example of extreme confirmation bias having gone completely unchecked.

Last edited:
Pat Robertson: Dinos Lived BEFORE Humans!

Pat Robertson: Dinos Lived BEFORE Humans! - The Panda's Thumb
O

Pat Robertson made a stunning revelation on the 700 Club show, on Tuesday, November 27th.
Here’s the clip:

Even Pat Robertson Denies the Earth is 6,000 Years Old - YouTube

The “comments” section is a good read.

From Ham’s Facebook page:

Heh. I think Ken Ham and his followers need to stock up on weapons and ammo and do a bit of christian creationist "we're right, you're wrong and let the games begin.

You attack messengers not the message because you're an atheist tool.
That's all very melodramatic but your religiously inspired hatreds prevent you from being impartial or possessing any ability to pass judgement.

Atleast Ima was accurate about you.

Evolution is a fact.

DOUBLE STANDARD ALERT!!!! Or does this mean that you have a shred of scientific evidence that your god exists?

Evolution is a fact.
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

This thread has been very quiet this weekend and I'm sure it has to do with the horrible events that occurred in Connecticut. I would love some thoughts from NP, Hawly, and Daws on how this is reconciled with evolution.

I for one, am convinced, that those little children, while maybe experiencing fear for a brief moment, were snatched up into the arms of Christ to spend eternity with him and their loved ones.

How does a materialist reconcile the events on Friday? Just some bad genes? Just the way nature is, cold and cruel? And do you really believe that 5 years is all the consciousness those children got? Why did they only get 5 years and me 46? I think if you dig deep in your heart you will realize that you insides tell you that those children's existence didn't stop there.

I've heard the word "evil" mentioned numerous times over the last few days, but this is a theological term. What do materialists call Lanz's actions? Since you are not allowed to borrow theological terms, what was it that drove him to do such things?

Evolution is a fact.

Why is that funny? It is true. It is a demonstrable, observed fact.

This thread has been very quiet this weekend and I'm sure it has to do with the horrible events that occurred in Connecticut. I would love some thoughts from NP, Hawly, and Daws on how this is reconciled with evolution.

I for one, am convinced, that those little children, while maybe experiencing fear for a brief moment, were snatched up into the arms of Christ to spend eternity with him and their loved ones.

How does a materialist reconcile the events on Friday? Just some bad genes? Just the way nature is, cold and cruel? And do you really believe that 5 years is all the consciousness those children got? Why did they only get 5 years and me 46? I think if you dig deep in your heart you will realize that you insides tell you that those children's existence didn't stop there.

I've heard the word "evil" mentioned numerous times over the last few days, but this is a theological term. What do materialists call Lanz's actions? Since you are not allowed to borrow theological terms, what was it that drove him to do such things?

A mix of genes and environment, just like any other phenotypical expression. This is not that hard or complex. I find it a little disgusting that you use a recent incident like this as part of an argument against atheists, and obviously, as evidence of your own premises. Again, implied here is an argument from ignorance, because you presume that "materialists" don't have an explanation, therefore god is the only answer.

It's really sleazy that you would use the killing of children and adults as an opportunity for proselytizing.

Evolution is a fact.

The above response speaks volumes about what constitutes the Christian creationist arguments for supermagical creation. What the creationists cannot reconcile is that in the ensuing 150 or so years since Charles Darwin first formulated his Theory of Evolution, (TOE), it has become among the best corroborated theories in all of science. Conversely, christian creationism, in all of its various labels and disguises, (including the most recent label: “intelligent design”) has consistently failed every legal and scientific test which it has been presented with.

Ten Major Court Cases about Evolution and Creationism | NCSE

Skeptic » eSkeptic » Tuesday, December 20th, 2005
Kitzmiller et al
versus
Dover Area School District

As the efforts of Christian creationists to re-package their biblical tales and fables as real science have suffered humiliating defeats, fundies have even undertaken the dishonest tactic of claiming that creationism and the TOE share “faith-based” precepts. One of the most notorious and dishonest of the Christian creationist front groups pressing this agenda is AIG:
Chapter 2: Evolution Is Religion - Answers in Genesis

It should be noted that this tactic is one of dishonesty and desperation. It is apparently a departure of the creationist strategy used earlier of arguing that creationism was validated “scientifically”, thus demanding that Christianity (re-labeled as ID’iosy), should, therefore, be given time in public school science classes. Repeated legal defeats and legal opinions ruthlessly deriding the Christian creationist agenda have left their strategies not dead, but certainly on life support.

The frantic and dishonest tactics of Christian creationists to force their religious beliefs into the public school syllabus is detrimental to science. The religious articles require no falsifiable / objective / demonstrable evidence whatsoever. They only entail “belief” and/or wishful thinking. On the other hand, valid scientific theories must pass through the filter of the Scientific Method. The efforts of Christian creationists to equate religious dogma with established scientific theory is simply an effort to blur the salient differences between scientific epistemology and religious dogma.

Evolution is a fact.

Microevolution or in another term microadaptations yes is a fact, Macroevolution however is pure fantasy.

Evolution is a fact.

Cross breeding is the best method of stimulating change. Most microadaptations are not due to mutations it is due to genetic data that already existed in the genepool. If you accounted for most living organisms that went extinct it was due to over hunting or organisms that wound up in an enviornment they could not adapt to.

Evolution is a fact.

Microevolution or in another term microadaptations yes is a fact, Macroevolution however is pure fantasy.

Is that what they teach you at Harun Yahya?

Evolution is a fact.

Cross breeding is the best method of stimulating change. Most microadaptations are not due to mutations it is due to genetic data that already existed in the genepool. If you accounted for most living organisms that went extinct it was due to over hunting or organisms that wound up in an enviornment they could not adapt to.
You neglected to append "because I say so" to the end of your comment.

It's really sleazy that you would use the killing of children and adults as an opportunity for proselytizing.

That has to be one of the most tasteless, disgusting things Ive ever seen, using the death of those kids to promote an argument like that. These people are utter SCUM and the most diseased, revolting 'human beings' on the planet. No boundaries. No shame. No scruples.
YWC, you do NOT pass the smell test. Shame on you, not that you have the presence of mind or the integrity to feel such an emotion.
Bleh. I gotta go wash my hands . . .or something. Ew.

A mix of genes and environment, just like any other phenotypical expression. This is not that hard or complex. I find it a little disgusting that you use a recent incident like this as part of an argument against atheists, and obviously, as evidence of your own premises. Again, implied here is an argument from ignorance, because you presume that "materialists" don't have an explanation, therefore god is the only answer.

I merely asked questions in an attempt to understand how you can justify such an incident from a materialist worldview. Leave it to you to read something into it. I find it shocking that you find it so shocking and distasteful when your very worldview claims that everything is natural, including Lanz's twisted brain. It is you who is a morally bankrupt disgusting purveyor of evil, by belonging to a religion that claims there is no evil. You should be ashamed.

That has to be one of the most tasteless, disgusting things Ive ever seen, using the death of those kids to promote an argument like that. These people are utter SCUM and the most diseased, revolting 'human beings' on the planet. No boundaries. No shame. No scruples.
YWC, you do NOT pass the smell test.
Hawly, nice try with the other screen name. You just proved this is you again by your stupidity of being unable to tell myself and YWC apart.
Shame on you, not that you have the presence of mind or the integrity to feel such an emotion.
Bleh. I gotta go wash my hands . . .or something. Ew.

Please help me understand how you find something that nature produced so distasteful and disgusting. How is it that your sick, twisted worldview can claim these killings don't have EVIL at its very source? For you to claim my questions are offensive is the conundrum of the Darwinist religion. It is the same materialist religion that allowed Hitler to kill 6 million men, women and children.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back