Creationists

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they both begin with “P” and end with “genetics,” they must be the same thing, right?

If they both begin with "P" and end with "genetics," they must be the same thing, right? - The Panda's Thumb

Phylogenetics and population genetics, that is. Larry Moran calls attention to the confusion of Ann Gauger, ID-pushing BioLogic Institute “researcher.” My favorite comment in the thread is from (PT crew member) Joe Felsenstein:

I must be totally confused. I wrote a book on reconstructing evolutionary trees – and it’s the standard textbook in that area. But it does not mention many basic population genetics concepts. I have another book (a free downloadable e-book) that is a textbook of theoretical population genetics. And it does not mention homoplasy at all.

So I must misunderstand what “population genetics” is. And here I’ve been giving courses on it for the last 44 years. At the university where Ann Gauger got her Ph.D. degree, for that matter.

Silly me.

My second favorite is from Piotr Gasiorowski:

Cargo cult science

Precisely. The cult members gather in mock laboratories full of imitation equipment, where they mimic the way scientists speak and behave.

You would not believe the amount of scientists that are searching for evidence of the creator, why ? Because many are seeing the problems with current theories,because just to many gaps they have no chance of filling.

So what have they found? :popcorn:

The God gene,and they are searching for the God particle. The hardened evolutionist will spin it though.

The God gene? Wtf is that? Proof of your god? Or just some cute name given at random?

You have an odd fascination with Dawkins.

Your worldview seems to hinge on his singular opinion.

He is not the only one hollie but he is one of the most famous atheistic evolutionists that is actually educated.

Well then. He being one of the most famous atheistic evolutionists means you had better pray at the altar of Dawkins.

Being one of the most famous atheistic evolutionists does carry quite a responsibility.

So tell us, who would you bestow the title of being the famous religious evolutionist? Or is there such an entity? Would that term be an oxymoron or would you consider such an entity to be just a mere pedsetrian moron?

I don't really care,it is something for someone like dawkins to show enough honesty to admit to the chance of design.

What gawd gene?

Who is "they"?

You just make up this nonsense as you go along.

You are to lazy to look before claiming I make stuff up ? once again you have egg on your face.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/15/weekinreview/12wade.html?_r=0

That's so silly. What does that have to do with genes? I think you misread - jeans.

Genes are traits hollie that are in most humans. Funny this gene is only found in humans and it affects our brain. Where else but the brain would the conscience come from ?

Last edited:
Acts 17:23a, "For thee thouest be a moroon".

Which gawds are written in the human conscience?

I guess Jim Jones and Jimmy Swaggert saw the writing.

Hollie Gods laws are written in all hearts and minds. All people at some point in their life question themselves on the existence of God.

Some allow their conscience to be warped.

I see your dilemma. Your mind has been warped by christian creationist ministries.

Someone who is not a believer are the ones with the malfunction we were designed to worship our creator exactly what the scriptures say now science research is confirming this.

Casey’s Creationist Christmas

Casey's Creationist Christmas - The Panda's Thumb

This guest post is written by Paul Braterman and Mark Edon, and appears courtesy of the British Centre for Science Education. BCSE : Home Page

BCSE has long maintained that the Seattle-based Discovery Institute (DI), of which Glasgow’s own Centre for Intelligent Design (C4ID) seems to be a satellite, is a religiously motivated Creationist organisation. Casey Luskin has now demonstrated this with great clarity in his response, (British Center for Science Education Admits Alliance with Religious Believers Is Strictly to Gain "Tactical Advantage" - Evolution News & Views) in the misleadingly titled Evolution News and Views (“Serving the Intelligent Design Community”), to the recent opinion piece “Anti-Creationists need to think about tactics”, which we recently posted on our site. Thanks Casey.

As our title and opening words make clear, our piece is addressed by us, as individual nonbelievers, to other nonbelievers, giving our reasons for cooperating with believers in defending science against Creationism. It does not even mention DI, or C4ID, or Intelligent Design. Nonetheless, Casey seems to find our piece relevant to his mission. Perhaps his concern with religion is not surprising, since the foundation document (http://www.antievolution.org/features/wedge.pdf) of DI’s Centre for Science and Culture gives the restoration of a “theistic understanding” as a core objective. As for Intelligent Design, few people can still believe the pretence that it is anything more than a cover for Creationism (in the strict sense of the term as applied to biological diversity), but it is good to see our thoughts on these matters so authoritatively confirmed.

There are many more reasons why being attacked by Casey has been compared to being savaged by a dead sheep. Here are a few of them (remember here that Casey is a trained lawyer, and has published on law in an internationally recognised journal, so presumably he has read what he refers to and means what he says about it):

For those of you unfamiliar with the background, here are a few pointers. The Discovery Institute is a religiously driven Crypto-Creationist group pushing a stripped down and camouflaged version of Creationism called Intelligent Design. This approach was hastily adopted for legal reasons in the US, where schools in the public sector are not allowed to promote religion, when Creationism and later Creation Science were ruled in the courts to be religious, not scientific, doctrines.

Creationist tactics rest upon three pillars. The first of these is that Evolution is in fact Atheism and that this whole political fight is one of Christians versus Atheists. No wonder Casey refers to BCSE as secular and humanist.

We talk about this fact in the very piece that Casey is attacking. We mention that there are two reasons Creationists adopt this tactic. First of all the conflict narrative is effective for the recruitment and retention of Creationists to their cause, as to any cause that involves a conspiracy theory. Secondly the conflict narrative is used to move the public debate away from “Creationism is daft” to genuine Atheist versus Christian issues. Creationists know that by framing the debate in such terms, they have a far greater chance of obtaining mainstream support.

More pandas thumb and trying to change the subject. Sorry your views are not supported by the facts and mine are.

If they both begin with “P” and end with “genetics,” they must be the same thing, right?

If they both begin with "P" and end with "genetics," they must be the same thing, right? - The Panda's Thumb

Phylogenetics and population genetics, that is. Larry Moran calls attention to the confusion of Ann Gauger, ID-pushing BioLogic Institute “researcher.” My favorite comment in the thread is from (PT crew member) Joe Felsenstein:

I must be totally confused. I wrote a book on reconstructing evolutionary trees – and it’s the standard textbook in that area. But it does not mention many basic population genetics concepts. I have another book (a free downloadable e-book) that is a textbook of theoretical population genetics. And it does not mention homoplasy at all.

So I must misunderstand what “population genetics” is. And here I’ve been giving courses on it for the last 44 years. At the university where Ann Gauger got her Ph.D. degree, for that matter.

Silly me.

Cargo cult science

Precisely. The cult members gather in mock laboratories full of imitation equipment, where they mimic the way scientists speak and behave.

Wow scraping the bottom of the barrel now with your pandas thump copy and pastes.

Last edited:
You are to lazy to look before claiming I make stuff up ? once again you have egg on your face.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/15/weekinreview/12wade.html?_r=0

That's so silly. What does that have to do with genes? I think you misread - jeans.

Genes are traits hollie that are in most humans. Funny this gene is only found in humans and it affects our brain. Where else but the brain would the conscience come from ? Why do we say have a heart ?

You're confusing mysticism and the mumbo jumbo of poetic references to gawds with sentience as a result of higher brain functions. You're confusing personality (as a function of chemical / neurological processes in the brain) with mystical notions of supernatural gawds.

Silly me.

Cargo cult science

Wow scraping the bottom of the barrel now with your pandas thump copy and pastes.
Actually, what it shows is just how dishonest and desperate the Christian creationist ministries have become.

These charlatans are forced to phony-up what is non-existent research by faking the existence of a non-existent lab.

Genes are traits hollie that are in most humans. Funny this gene is only found in humans and it affects our brain. Where else but the brain would the conscience come from ? Why do we say have a heart ?

You're confusing mysticism and the mumbo jumbo of poetic references to gawds with sentience as a result of higher brain functions. You're confusing personality (as a function of chemical / neurological processes in the brain) with mystical notions of supernatural gawds.

Hollie your little world is shrinking.

The God gene,and they are searching for the God particle. The hardened evolutionist will spin it though.

The God gene? Wtf is that? Proof of your god? Or just some cute name given at random?

It actually was a name given the gene once they found out what this gene does. It's also found in all humans.

A gawd gene?

Who is "they"? You have a habit of referencing some anonymous "they" who appear to be an invention of an over-active imagination.

Cargo cult science

Actually, what it shows is just how dishonest and desperate the Christian creationist ministries have become.

These charlatans are forced to phony-up what is non-existent research by faking the existence of a non-existent lab.

Sorry to bust your bubble but there are many scienctists working to find evidence of the creator and it just forces you and your side to go on the attack since you can't attack the message.

Cargo cult science

Actually God spoke of you hollie and the people like you.

Psa 14:1 To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David. The fool has said in his heart, There is no God! They acted corruptly; they have done abominable works, there is none who does good.

Last edited:
It actually was a name given the vmat2 gene once they found out what this gene does. It's also found in all humans.

:link:

[uSeerl]http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/15/weekinreview/12wade.html?_r=0[/url]

See how they are spinning the evidence.

First of all, it talks about the evolution of the god gene, and you refute evolution, don't you? And nowhere in the article does it talk about the gene. So I dunno man, got anything else?

First of all, it talks about the evolution of the god gene, and you refute evolution, don't you? And nowhere in the article does it talk about the gene. So I dunno man, got anything else?

Evolution they speak of is merely conjecture the gene itself causes belief of a higher power the scriptures said that God put that into our conscience. Some see this as evidence of God confirming his word mind you what was written in the bible was written long before the discovery of the gene.

Design in nature is all the evidence you need unless you believe chaos will promote order and precision in nature.

Actually God spoke of you hollie and the people like you.

Psa 14:1 To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David. The fool has said in his heart, There is no God! They acted corruptly; they have done abominable works, there is none who does good.

Do you think your gawds approve of you using their names as a means to promote your hatreds, securities and bigotries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back