Creationists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus_Lizard_NEW_T_SHIRT_detail.jpg

Oh, ye of little faith.

Asonishing. That's like saying water is more than a just 2 hydrogen atoms and one Oxygen atom, since I overlooked the fact that kids can swim in it.

Yes; those other things are at play, but the thing that makes it possible is genes. (chomosomes are made of the stuff) That's what mutates and create changes, some of which proves advantageous. (a small percentage) IT IS THE MECHANISM OF LIFE EVOLVING!!!!

YOU AVOIDED MY QUESTION.

What stuff ? :lol: let me ask and let's see if you can be honest,why are there so few beneficial mutations finding their way to the genepool and so many harmful mutations finding their way to the genepool and staying ?

Evolution requires beneficial mutations not harmful or neutral mutations.

Welcome to the party. Shall I enumerate the questions you've dodged?

Now then, this?

"Why do you suppose by chance we would have this mechanism preserving the origional genetic data ?"

Not why; what. It replicates, where a copy is the assumption. But it doesn't always preserve; it fucks up (mutates). Ergo evolution.

Why? Third generation star and solar system. Lot's of complex molecules. Also right size and distance from star, not to mention larger outter planets that protect earth from most impacts. Add liquid water, organic molecules and fucking bingo. Shit happens, and here it did.

Stay on topic we are discussing mutations. I don't think you understand mutation fixation and the conditions that have to be met for mutation fixation to take place to where it becomes the norm in the genepool. So in a nutshell you believe errors make things better and give the organism more of an ability to adapt. That is pure nonsense thinking chaos promotes order.

Okay. You cut your finger and it heals thanks the cell reproduction. Did you evolve? Nope. No mutation, albeit, with some radiation we can play God with your offspring. Should be entertaining. Care to give it shot?

Listen buddy I have done cell and mutation research for 11 years you can't bs your way through this. Now either answer the questions or move on. If I am gonna teach anyone here they must first be honest with themselves.

Pay closer attention. I'm a marketing executive, and am astonished by your lack of understanding of evolution.

You don't get a degree in molecular biology from the University of Arizona not understanding evolution. Why don't you give an honest answer to my questions ?

YOU AVOIDED MY QUESTION.

What stuff ? :lol: let me ask and let's see if you can be honest,why are there so few beneficial mutations finding their way to the genepool and so many harmful mutations finding their way to the genepool and staying ?

You have already admitted that beneficial mutations occur. So what are you whining about?
Yes but they are rare. Why are they so rare ? They are to rare to produce all we see. You also need beneficial mutation on top of beneficial mutation without interruption by harmful mutations. Very few mutations make it through without being repaired by the repair mechanism.
Quite obviously,beneficial mutations are not too rare to produce a diverse natural world of biological organisms.

As we see with regularity, you make emphatic claims that are completely unsupported and only serve to further what you hope will promote your religious beliefs.

Yeah and the pink unicorn is still figuring out how he got here.

Pink Unicorns and bigfoot? Can all you do is rehash the same, tired atheist cut and paste comments that have been used in this thread ad nauseum. Please, please, please come up with your own material at least you fat spaghetti monster.

Then I would suggest you do the same. Have you written any books on the subject? Were you born with this in your head? So where do you come up with it? Creationists websites I bet. You just reword it to make it sound as if you said it. The Pink Unicorn reference is just that. You cannot a bit more prove Pink Unicorns than you can prove this garbage your spouting now. So if the material is that damning to your day dreams and falsehoods don't read it.....last I checked I am not breaking any rules.

If Bibliotards are going to get all pissed because some have the nerve to question their myths, OH WELL.
So far I don't see any reason to believe any of you defending evolution have ever taken a college course in science if you did it didn't stick.

Okay. You cut your finger and it heals thanks the cell reproduction. Did you evolve? Nope. No mutation, albeit, with some radiation we can play God with your offspring. Should be entertaining. Care to give it shot?

Listen buddy I have done cell and mutation research for 11 years you can't bs your way through this. Now either answer the questions or move on. If I am gonna teach anyone here they must first be honest with themselves.

Listen buddy I have done cell and mutation research for 11 years

Then I am sure you have some peer reviewed articles or papers that can verify this research. Produce them or that statement is bunk.

Oh boy,I was s lab tech and had creationists views need I say more. What I am teaching can be confirmed with a little work on your part the questions however are thought provoking for the others hate the questions because they know if they answer them honestly it hurts their argument for evolution.

Pink Unicorns and bigfoot? Can all you do is rehash the same, tired atheist cut and paste comments that have been used in this thread ad nauseum. Please, please, please come up with your own material at least you fat spaghetti monster.

Then I would suggest you do the same. Have you written any books on the subject? Were you born with this in your head? So where do you come up with it? Creationists websites I bet. You just reword it to make it sound as if you said it. The Pink Unicorn reference is just that. You cannot a bit more prove Pink Unicorns than you can prove this garbage your spouting now. So if the material is that damning to your day dreams and falsehoods don't read it.....last I checked I am not breaking any rules.

If Bibliotards are going to get all pissed because some have the nerve to question their myths, OH WELL.
So far I don't see any reason to believe any of you defending evolution have ever taken a college course in science if you did it didn't stick.
Those types of nonsensical claims may be your only recourse as your cutting and pasting from Harun Yahya suggests you are illiterate regarding the details of evolutionary science.

You have already admitted that beneficial mutations occur. So what are you whining about?
Yes but they are rare. Why are they so rare ? They are to rare to produce all we see. You also need beneficial mutation on top of beneficial mutation without interruption by harmful mutations. Very few mutations make it through without being repaired by the repair mechanism.
Quite obviously,beneficial mutations are not too rare to produce a diverse natural world of biological organisms.

As we see with regularity, you make emphatic claims that are completely unsupported and only serve to further what you hope will promote your religious beliefs.

We have over 6,000 genetic disorders due to mutations now give s count on beneficial mutations ?

Those types of nonsensical claims may be your only recourse as your cutting and pasting from Harun Yahya suggests you are illiterate regarding the details of evolutionary science.
See :eusa_shifty:

Evolution claim: The types of organisms that survive and reproduce are the types of organisms that survive and reproduce because if they didn't survive and reproduce then they wouldn't be here. So we have definitive truth that evolution is true.
The understanding of the conceptual basis of evolution has moved beyond simply stating that evolution is true because evolution occurs.
The concept of the "Selfish Gene" has proven to be of value.
The concept is that the organism that can successfully pass on the most copies of its genes is the organism that survives and reproduces. It’s actually a battle for survival and reproduction among genes rather than among organisms. A gene that contributes something to the success of an organism surviving and reproducing fares better in this competition than the gene that contributes nothing. The concept of the “selfish gene” explains cooperative behavior among genes and also among organisms such as ants and bees.
Also, for a long time biologists thought that the human genome contained a lot of "junk" DNA, perhaps as much as 80% of the genome was "junk". That view has changed.
See Bits of Mystery DNA, Far From ‘Junk,’ Play Crucial Role
I for one thought that it was strange that these "selfish genes" were as it were competing to produce as many copies of themselves as possible (that survived to produce more copies), and that up to 80% of this genome was nonfunctional "junk". Recent work described in that article changes the picture substantially.

Listen buddy I have done cell and mutation research for 11 years

Then I am sure you have some peer reviewed articles or papers that can verify this research. Produce them or that statement is bunk.

Oh boy,I was s lab tech and had creationists views need I say more. What I am teaching can be confirmed with a little work on your part the questions however are thought provoking for the others hate the questions because they know if they answer them honestly it hurts their argument for evolution.
So obviously, the answer is no. There are good reasons why the creationist ministries don't submit to peer review:

1. They do no actual research, and,

2.,religious claims to miracles, supernaturalism and magic are untestable by the methods of science.

That is why we see the charlatans from the Disco 'tute standing in front of green screens as they phony-up pictures of Ann Gauger in a "lab".

What an embarrassment!

See :eusa_shifty:

Yes, we see. It's apparent that the posters in this thread not defending your religious claims have a working knowledge of evolutionary science. It is also apparent that the dogmatic fundies, copying and pasting from Harun Yahya and fundie Christian websites have a rather biased and naive understanding of the related science. Much of what you copy and paste from the ICR and Harun Yahya is subject to ridicule for valid reasons.

Pay closer attention. I'm a marketing executive, and am astonished by your lack of understanding of evolution.

You don't get a degree in molecular biology from the University of Arizona not understanding evolution. Why don't you give an honest answer to my questions ?

Indeed; I would have thought that would be the case. However, you seem to be the exception that proves the rule. Perhaps it's your mental lock-down on the creation myth, which itself derived of dogmatic and ignorant thinking by primitive humans.

Possible?

YOU AVOIDED MY QUESTION.

Welcome to the party. Shall I enumerate the questions you've dodged?

Now then, this?

"Why do you suppose by chance we would have this mechanism preserving the origional genetic data ?"

Not why; what. It replicates, where a copy is the assumption. But it doesn't always preserve; it fucks up (mutates). Ergo evolution.

Why? Third generation star and solar system. Lot's of complex molecules. Also right size and distance from star, not to mention larger outter planets that protect earth from most impacts. Add liquid water, organic molecules and fucking bingo. Shit happens, and here it did.

Stay on topic we are discussing mutations. I don't think you understand mutation fixation and the conditions that have to be met for mutation fixation to take place to where it becomes the norm in the genepool. So in a nutshell you believe errors make things better and give the organism more of an ability to adapt. That is pure nonsense thinking chaos promotes order.

Note that I responded directly to a question posed by you. If that's off-topic and not what you wish to discuss, my little Wildcat Retard, here's a tip: don't ask the fucking question.

Astonishing. Who knew UofA was an institution of lower learning (tip: it's not, so best not tarnish its image by telling folks you went there, even if you did.)

Last edited:
But who decided that gays aren't part of god's plan?

Some folks inspired by the works of Charles Darwin, would be my guess. (tip: none of us are the plan of a mythical entity, gay or otherwise.)

Evolution claim: The types of organisms that survive and reproduce are the types of organisms that survive and reproduce because if they didn't survive and reproduce then they wouldn't be here. So we have definitive truth that evolution is true.

Evolution and Philosophy: Tautology

Nice article, but there isn't one example of an actual physical trait with an explanation of how that trait helped that organism survive. So after all that wasted verbiage, we are still left with.... the kinds of organisms that survive and reproduce are the kinds of organisms that survive and reproduce. The evo fundies got slapped down too many times with their just so stories about giraffe necks and finch beaks so they don't try to explain fitness anymore. Instead, they just resort to the circular argument above. Your cut and paste nonsense did nothing to dispel this. Nice try though.

Yeah and the pink unicorn is still figuring out how he got here.

You might try and be a little more original instead of adding the same old tired nonsense to the debate. We've heard this silliness at least 50 times in the last 900 pages so by you repeating it, you're just a gnat buzzing in my ear.

Last edited:
There's a tie-in. When species evolve, they wind up with pretty complex reproductive systems, as indeed humans do, since sex is pretty damn ambiguous until certain events in the womb assign gender, albeit, not always exactly. Some of us are thus born straight or gay or bi, or are women with male genetalia, or males with female parts, or maybe both sex organs. It's all over the map, since nature neither moralizes, nor gets everything right everytime.

So evolution leads to gay humans, many of whom will marry.
There is no scientific evidence that genetic defects lead to gay people. I would say gay people are merely people who choose go against the norm and live a perverted life.

You mean like priests? :D
But who decided that gays aren't part of god's plan? :dunno:

The penis and the vagina. Two great things that go great together. :lol::lol::lol:

Prophecy that is self fulfilled and in no way relates to a future 2000 years later..The Bible has no truth in that it was written 2000 years ago and agian if there is truth it only relates to what the authors were supposedly going through then.

Failed Bible Prophecy:
Failed biblical prophecies - RationalWiki

PROPHECIES: IMAGINARY AND UNFULFILLED
Prophecies: Imaginary and Unfulfilled

This is what you have been conditioned to believe.

The Nation of Israel now exists and will continue just as stated in the Bible.
But won't that lead to armageddon in the Middle East and the return of Geezuss? Who then comes and saves your ass?

Watched the news lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back