Creationists

Status
Not open for further replies.
To Distinguish Creationism from ID, Try Evolution as the Outgroup - The Panda's Thumb

After the unit on Creationism and Intelligent Design in my Critical Thinking/Science and Pseudoscience class at New Mexico Tech (Psych 189), I asked the students to write an essay on the question

Is “Intelligent Design” just another version of Creationism? Why?

Along came student Elaine, who included this comment in her essay:

It seems that if you are only comparing Intelligent Design against Creationism, there are enough subtleties to identify one or the other. However, if it is a case of arguing Intelligent Design vs. Creationism vs. evolution, the contrast between evolution and the other two is so great that Intelligent Design and Creationism become indistinguishable in their respective arguments. The only giveaway would be a reference to Genesis, the use of “God” rather than “Creator/Designer”, or some explicit differentiation between the two. In contrast, no one could ever possibly confuse an evolution argument with any other.

I remarked that the student had used evolution as an outgroup to correctly root the evolution/creationism/ID tree, and gave her an “A” for the assignment.

Lol.

Lol. As pointless as your usual babbling.

The Disco' tute Is a collection of Christian hacks, charlatans and snake oil salesmen.

To Distinguish Creationism from ID, Try Evolution as the Outgroup - The Panda's Thumb

After the unit on Creationism and Intelligent Design in my Critical Thinking/Science and Pseudoscience class at New Mexico Tech (Psych 189), I asked the students to write an essay on the question

It seems that if you are only comparing Intelligent Design against Creationism, there are enough subtleties to identify one or the other. However, if it is a case of arguing Intelligent Design vs. Creationism vs. evolution, the contrast between evolution and the other two is so great that Intelligent Design and Creationism become indistinguishable in their respective arguments. The only giveaway would be a reference to Genesis, the use of “God” rather than “Creator/Designer”, or some explicit differentiation between the two. In contrast, no one could ever possibly confuse an evolution argument with any other.

I remarked that the student had used evolution as an outgroup to correctly root the evolution/creationism/ID tree, and gave her an “A” for the assignment.

Lol.

The Disco' tute Is a collection of Christian hacks, charlatans and snake oil salesmen.
I guess the creationist club is gearing of for Easter a truly pagan holiday.
didn't ur just say he's was not going to debate you or I ANY MORE?

I guess the creationist club is gearing of for Easter a truly pagan holiday.
didn't ur just say he's was not going to debate you or I ANY MORE?

Does it bear any resemblance to Seder or Hannakah or junk like that?
are you this incredibly stupid all the time?
Judaism is not pagan, slapdick, they believe in the same god as Christians and Muslims.
using your lack of logic, logic would mean all Christian celebrations would be junk too.

Judaism is not pagan, slapdick, they believe in the same god as Christians and Muslims.
using your lack of logic, logic would mean all Christian celebrations would be junk too.

But you just said that Easter was Pagan, diklik.

Using your logic all Jewish sacrifice of chickens OR money would actually transfer their personal sins onto the chickens.

You aren't going to try to say that all their rip off schemes like the one Bernie Madoff pulled was the fault of a chicken?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NuNnsj3K_0]Protestors rally against Orthodox Jews' chicken sacrifice - YouTube[/ame]

I guess at least now we know why they never admit to doing anything wrong.

IT WAS ALL THE CHICKENS' FAULT!

th

But you just said that Easter was Pagan, diklik.

Using your logic all Jewish sacrifice of chickens OR money would actually transfer their personal sins onto the chickens.

You aren't going to try to say that all their rip off schemes like the one Bernie Madoff pulled was the fault of a chicken?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NuNnsj3K_0]Protestors rally against Orthodox Jews' chicken sacrifice - YouTube[/ame]

I guess at least now we know why they never admit to doing anything wrong.

IT WAS ALL THE CHICKENS' FAULT!

th
mr ignorance Easter was usurped by the Christians along with what is now Christmas and lot s of others.
the gist O shit for brains is that any one who celebrates Easter is celebrating a pagan holiday with some Christian frosting..

the gist O shit for brains is that any one who celebrates Easter is celebrating a pagan holiday with some Christian frosting..

The gist "Oh sh!t for brains", is that the Jews are as Pagan as anyone else, more so than Christians, because the "Jews" retain the Laws and ordinances which practiced THOUSANDS of YEARS ago by ancient Hebrews.

Easter is a holiday which commemorates the Death, Burial, and Resurrection of CHRIST, who, the Jews totally reject, and therefore have absolutely NOTHING to do with.

The gist "Oh sh!t for brains", is that the Jews are as Pagan as anyone else, more so than Christians, because the "Jews" retain the Laws and ordinances which practiced THOUSANDS of YEARS ago by ancient Hebrews.

Easter is a holiday which commemorates the Death, Burial, and Resurrection of CHRIST, who, the Jews totally reject, and therefore have absolutely NOTHING to do with.
wrong it's obvious you have no idea what usurped means.

Why are these traditions so ingrained in Easter Sunday? And what do they have to do with the resurrection of Jesus?

Well, to be frank, nothing.

Bunnies, eggs, Easter gifts and fluffy, yellow chicks in gardening hats all stem from pagan roots. These tropes were incorporated into the celebration of Easter separately from the Christian tradition of honoring the day Jesus Christ rose from the dead.

According to the University of Florida's Center for Children's Literature and Culture, the origin of the celebration — and the origin of the Easter Bunny — can be traced back to 13th-century, pre-Christian Germany, when people worshiped several gods and goddesses. The Teutonic deity Eostra was the goddess of spring and fertility, and feasts were held in her honor on the Vernal Equinox. Her symbol was the rabbit because of the animal’s high reproduction rate.

Spring also symbolized new life and rebirth; eggs were an ancient symbol of fertility. According to History.com, Easter eggs represent Jesus' resurrection. However, this association came much later when Roman Catholicism became the dominant religion in Germany in the 15th century and merged with already ingrained pagan beliefs.

The first Easter Bunny legend was documented in the 1500s. By 1680, the first story about a rabbit laying eggs and hiding them in a garden was published. These legends were brought to the United States in the 1700s, when German immigrants settled in Pennsylvania Dutch country, according to the Center for Children's Literature and Culture.

Why are these traditions so ingrained in Easter Sunday? And what do they have to do with the resurrection of Jesus?

Well, to be frank, nothing.

Bunnies, eggs, Easter gifts and fluffy, yellow chicks in gardening hats all stem from pagan roots. These tropes were incorporated into the celebration of Easter separately from the Christian tradition of honoring the day Jesus Christ rose from the dead.

You are right about that.

The celebration of Christmas also had similar beginnings.

It is possible that early Christians "usurped" the pagan holidays by incorporating the elements of Christianity into them as a means of drawing them away from their paganism.

It's also possible that Pagans who were converted by the Gospel decided to alter their old holidays to accommodate their new found beliefs.

However these transitions occurred, few people are aware of the pagan vestiges which may remain in them.
The fact remains that these celebrations came to be associated in the popular mindset with the birth of Christ and His resurrection.

It is for these reasons that the Jewish factions are so determined to either malign them or do away with them all together. It is associations of these holidays to Christ they abhor, NOT the pagan history behind them.

Observing the Lord's Supper
(Matthew 26:26-30; Mark 14:22-26; Luke 22:14-23)
23 For I received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, that the Lord Jesus in the night in which he was betrayed took bread; 24 and when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, This is my body, which is for you: this do in remembrance of me. 25 In like manner also the cup, after supper, saying, This cup is the new covenant in my blood: this do, as often as ye drink it , in remembrance of me. 26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink the cup, ye proclaim the Lord's death till he come.

That is what communion is about. It does not require the slaughter of chickens or their blood. The blood of chickens can not take away sins. Neither can goats or any other animal you can think of.

The "for so often" that you do this part, means whenever you assemble together for worship service. The ceremony is to facilitate the remembrance. The ceremony should be performed every assembly. I can't think of a time when it would be good to forget about it.

As things are, once a year is about as often that most people get reminded of the birth or the resurrection of Christ. The Jews are doing all they can to remove even those reminders.

There was a time when people considered "the meaning of" Christmas and Easter.

Now days one can see Christmas decorations on display before the Halloween decorations are removed.
Not only does this increase someones profit margins, it creates an association of Halloween with Christmas to such an extent that the lines between them are blurred.

Whereas Halloween was once a celebration of Autumn that was supposed to be a time of Jack O lanterns, candy and harmless spooky fun for kids, now days you have lunatics that use it as an occasion to seriously worship the devil, thanks in part to the work of Hollywood.

Top 10 Devil Themed Movies | HorrorNews.net

Rosemary's Baby is a 1968 American psychological horror film written and directed by *Roman Polanski, based on the bestselling 1967 novel Rosemary's Baby by Ira Levin.

*the child rapist

th

th

Merry Xmas

Pleasant dreams, kiddies.

Lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't agree more. Some of these people know they are deceiving people. Others may be genuinely confused.

Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain: for the LORD will not hold [him] guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

Philippians 1NIV

15 It is true that some preach Christ out of envy and rivalry, but others out of goodwill. 16 The latter do so out of love, knowing that I am put here for the defense of the gospel. 17 The former preach Christ out of selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing that they can stir up trouble for me while I am in chains. 18 But what does it matter? The important thing is that in every way, whether from false motives or true, Christ is preached. And because of this I rejoice.

The clips in the film chosen to illustrate the makers intention, ie to expose Charlatans or reveal human error, could have done a better job. I could think of much better examples to present if I was merely trying to reveal how fallible, gullible, frail, weak, uneducated, and otherwise mixed up some people can be, even when they call themselves Christians.

However none of those examples alter the words of God or change the actual message of the Gospel of Christ one iota. Therefore neither charlatans, imbeciles , nor the Kohanim detract from my faith.

Cohen (Hebrew: כֹּהֵן, kōhēn, "priest") is a Jewish surname[1] of biblical origins (see: Kohen). It is a very common Jewish surname, comparable to 'Smith' in an English-language context.

Bearing the surname indicates that one's patrilineal ancestors were priests in the Temple of Jerusalem. A single such priest was known as a Kohen, and the hereditary caste descending from these priests is collectively known as the Kohanim

Last edited:
Epigentics...

"This is far more involved than a random mutation occurring that just happens to improve slightly how the organism works. In fact epigenetics would involve literally hundreds (and that is conservative) of changes required before any benefit would be realized.

The tagging machines not only need to be built, or adapted from other machines, but they need to know where in all the genome to place the tags. Likewise for the machines that remove and move the tags. In other words, it is not good enough merely to evolve the machines. They somehow much know where to place the tags given a spectrum of environmental signals.

And then the machines that interpret the tags would have to do so correctly. They would have to know what the tag means. So again, not only must these machines have evolved or adapted, but they must know what they are doing.

That is astronomically unlikely to occur according to our knowledge of science."

Darwin's God: Plant's Epigenome as Varied as Their Environments

Wait! Here comes Hawly without a rebuttal and another lame Ad Hominem attack.

No, wait. Here comes the knucklehead with another cut and paste outlined in gargantuan fonts and bright colors. All from the same fundie whackjob.

Your response is exactly as I said it would be. Man you are easily manipulated.

Epigentics...

"This is far more involved than a random mutation occurring that just happens to improve slightly how the organism works. In fact epigenetics would involve literally hundreds (and that is conservative) of changes required before any benefit would be realized.

The tagging machines not only need to be built, or adapted from other machines, but they need to know where in all the genome to place the tags. Likewise for the machines that remove and move the tags. In other words, it is not good enough merely to evolve the machines. They somehow much know where to place the tags given a spectrum of environmental signals.

And then the machines that interpret the tags would have to do so correctly. They would have to know what the tag means. So again, not only must these machines have evolved or adapted, but they must know what they are doing.

That is astronomically unlikely to occur according to our knowledge of science."

Darwin's God: Plant's Epigenome as Varied as Their Environments

Wait! Here comes Hawly without a rebuttal and another lame Ad Hominem attack.

No, wait. Here comes the knucklehead with another cut and paste outlined in gargantuan fonts and bright colors. All from the same fundie whackjob.

Your response is exactly as I said it would be. Man you are easily manipulated.

Your predictable cutting and pasting of creationist babble is exactly predictable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back