🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Criminalizing Homelessness Can Now Cost Cities Federal Money

My point here, is the Democrats are hypocrites. Take care of the poor, but not in my city, type thing.
I am SO proud to NOT be a RW.

Anybody wanna bet that the RWs posted above all call themselves "christian"?
Seems that way, hm, it's funny that Jesus was ok with taxes, believed everyone should be fed regardless of if they work or not, believed in helping and healing everyone, believed that the rich should give everything away to the poor..

The Bible does contain this admonition:

“For yourselves know how ye ought to follow us: for we behaved not ourselves disorderly among you;Neither did we eat any man's bread for nought; but wrought with labour and travail night and day, that we might not be chargeable to any of you: Not because we have not power, but to make ourselves an ensample unto you to follow us. For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat. For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies. Now them that are such we command and exhort by our Lord Jesus Christ, that with quietness they work, and eat their own bread.” (2 Thessalonians 7-12, KJV).

The following verse demonstrates that one has not only a responsibility to provide for himself but also for those in his family:

“But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel” (1 Timothy 5:8, KJV).

Of course, those verses are subject to various interpretations; however, I am certain of one thing: Christ never said anything suggesting that those who could work but would not should be taken care of by others who were more industrious and responsible.
Fla. city to buy one-way bus tickets for homeless to leave - U.S. News
mayor democrat Jack Seiler, Ft Lauderdale
Palm Beach Libertarians plan to defy ordinance in order to feed the homeless
mayor democrat Jeri Muoio (incidentally just recently posted 2000 police emails to city website, endangering officers and informants)
Hawaii Wants To Get Rid Of Homeless People | Opinion - Conservative
governor Democrat Neil Abercrombie
need I go on?
I think you are confusing GOVERNMENT with CHURCH.

It could happen to anybody, don't be embarrassed.

Actually, no it couldn't, and go ahead and be embarrassed.

Oh we agree. Sorry I missed that lolol.

Didn't Jesus state "the poor will always be with us"?

Do you Christians think that Jesus would approve of making homeless people into criminals simply because they're poor?
Let's look at jesus:
"“Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.”"
“Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar’s; and unto God the things that are God’s.”
“And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.”
“And found in the temple those that sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the changers of money sitting: And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers’ money, and overthrew the tables; And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father’s house an house of merchandise.”
“Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: For I was an hungered, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.”
“Then Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people.”
“He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.”
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.”
“Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.”
“Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him.”
"I say unto you, Love your
enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despite-fully use you, and persecute you;"
"Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; a man's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions."
"You cannot serve both God and Money."
"If you would be perfect, go, sell what you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. "
"But when you give a feast, invite the poor, the maimed, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed,
because they cannot repay you. You will be repaid at the resurrection of the just."
“Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?”
“But whoever has this world’s goods, and sees his brother in need, and shuts up his heart from him, how does the love of God abide in him?”
“And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.”
But Jesus said unto them, They need not depart; give ye them to eat.”
“Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.”

Instead of posting things you have absolutely no understanding of, might I suggest you Google the passages you use to find out what they really mean before posting?

I have suggested that to prog retards since the beginning of time.

They appear to be that not-so-rare bird that is born stupid, and likes it that way.

Gotta laugh how they find verses to support something...then ignore the ones such as homosexuality is a sin and abomination

Do you Christians think that Jesus would approve of making homeless people into criminals simply because they're poor?
Let's look at jesus:
"“Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.”"
“Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar’s; and unto God the things that are God’s.”
“And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.”
“And found in the temple those that sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the changers of money sitting: And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers’ money, and overthrew the tables; And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father’s house an house of merchandise.”
“Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: For I was an hungered, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.”
“Then Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people.”
“Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.”
“Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him.”
enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despite-fully use you, and persecute you;"
"Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; a man's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions."
"If you would be perfect, go, sell what you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. "
"But when you give a feast, invite the poor, the maimed, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed,
because they cannot repay you. You will be repaid at the resurrection of the just."
“Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?”
“But whoever has this world’s goods, and sees his brother in need, and shuts up his heart from him, how does the love of God abide in him?”
“And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.”
“Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.”

Instead of posting things you have absolutely no understanding of, might I suggest you Google the passages you use to find out what they really mean before posting?

They appear to be that not-so-rare bird that is born stupid, and likes it that way.

Gotta laugh how they find verses to support something...then ignore the ones such as homosexuality is a sin and abomination

Of course it's funny. These are the same people who strive to take religion out of society, and then want to pull religion out of the closet to justify their social solutions.

It seems you fools don't understand what is happening:
The criminalization of homelessness refers to measures that prohibit life-sustaining activities such as sleeping/camping, eating, sitting, and/or asking for money/resources in public spaces. These ordinances include criminal penalties for violations of these acts.

The criminalization of homelessness refers to measures that prohibit life-sustaining activities such as sleeping/camping, eating, sitting, and/or asking for money/resources in public spaces. These ordinances include criminal penalties for violations of these acts.

Okay, so what would those penalties be?

They can't be fines. Homeless people have no money.

It could be jail time. Jail is where they feed you three squares of healthy food a day, give you a warm place to sleep, and a shower if you are dirty. They even provide free medical care.

That's a tragedy for homeless people?

Let's look at jesus:

Of course it's funny. These are the same people who strive to take religion out of society, and then want to pull religion out of the closet to justify their social solutions.
"
  • A criminal record adds to the already difficult situation of finding employment, getting housing, or being eligible for certain services.
  • Additionally, the criminalization of homelessness adds to an already overburdened criminal justice system by detaining individuals who have not committed serious crimes. One night in jail costs 3x more on average than a shelter, and law enforcement is both unprepared and incapable of handling homelessness and related issues.
"
Idiot.

Let's look at jesus:

"
  • A criminal record adds to the already difficult situation of finding employment, getting housing, or being eligible for certain services.
  • Additionally, the criminalization of homelessness adds to an already overburdened criminal justice system by detaining individuals who have not committed serious crimes. One night in jail costs 3x more on average than a shelter, and law enforcement is both unprepared and incapable of handling homelessness and related issues.
"
Idiot.

So what you're saying is that being homeless is a felony? Because that's the only thing that could stop you from getting a job, an apartment or "certain" services.

If there is any jail time at all, it would only be a few days; but a few days off the streets and possibly gain some weight and attended to medical conditions untreated for years.

For non-homeless people, we have laws we must obey too. It's called loitering. If you are charged with loitering, you are committing a crime as well. Maybe you want to get rid of that law too!

No, it seems you don't. You never see the truth. You see what you are fed only, or want to see only. Over, and over, and over again, ever since you hit the scene, here. How much are you getting paid?

No, it seems you don't. You never see the truth. You see what you are fed only, or want to see only. Over, and over, and over again, ever since you hit the scene, here. How much are you getting paid?
Criminalization of homelessness is occurring, it's real, get over it.

Vote for BS!!! He'll give every homeless a new house!! With a car in the driveway and a chicken in every pot!!

Best of all- It'll all be FREEEEEE!! FRREEEEEEEE!!!!FREEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

rgm9w.jpg

Good!
Criminalizing Homelessness Can Now Cost Cities Federal Money
After arguing last month that local ordinances criminalizing people for being homeless are unconstitutional, the Obama administration will now tie federal funding to whether municipalities are cracking down on criminalization measures.

Every year, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) gives out $1.9 billion in grants to local Continuums of Care, public-private partnerships that tackle homelessness in a specific area. These grants are doled out in a competitive process whereby applicants must fill out a lengthy questionnaire about how they plan to use the money, as well as their current policies.

Last week, though, HUD announced that it would begin asking applicants to describe the steps they are taking to reduce the criminalization of homelessness. Ordinances that criminalize homelessness, also known as “anti-vagrancy” or “quality of life” laws, include making it illegal to sit down on a sidewalk, ask passersby for spare change, or sleep in a public place. Applicants for the federal money will have to show they are engaging with local policymakers or law enforcement about criminalization policies, as well as implementing new community plans to ensure homelessness is not criminalized. Failing to combat such ordinances will hurt a Continuum of Care’s chances of winning new funds.

The change comes after the administration filed a brief in federal court arguing that criminalization violates the Eighth Amendment’s protections against cruel and unusual punishment.

Maria Foscarinis, Executive Director of the National Law Center on Homelessness & Poverty, hailed the latest move. “We welcome the federal government’s direction of tax limited dollars to the places that will most effectively use that money to address homelessness,” Foscarinis said in a statement. She also noted that HUD is giving sufficient weight to criminalization policies that the question “in many cases could be the difference between receiving funding and not.”

The Obama administration has made a pattern of connecting federal funding to desired outcomes in localities. Its signature education achievement, Race to the Top, encouraged schools across the country to raise their standards by making it a prerequisite to receive more federal funding. Obamacare ties some hospital funding to how effectively they avoid preventable infections and patient re-admissions. Homeless advocates hope that connecting HUD funding to the fight against homeless criminalization will have a similar impact.
Why is there any homelessness in any at-will employment State? Is there not enough socialism to go around to bail out the least wealthy as well as the wealthiest in our fine Republic?

In 2007 the richest 1% of the American population owned 34.6% of the country's total wealth, and the next 19% owned 50.5%. The top 20% of Americans owned 85% of the country's wealth and the bottom 80% of the population owned 15%. From 1922 to 2010, the share of the top 1% varied from 19.7% to 44.2%, the big drop being associated with the drop in the stock market in the late 1970s. Ignoring the period where the stock market was depressed (1976-1980) and the period when the stock market was overvalued (1929), the share of wealth of the richest 1% remained extremely stable, at about a third of the total wealth.[21] Financial inequality was greater than inequality in total wealth, with the top 1% of the population owning 42.7%, the next 19% of Americans owning 50.3%, and the bottom 80% owning 7%.[22] However, after the Great Recession which started in 2007, the share of total wealth owned by the top 1% of the population grew from 34.6% to 37.1%, and that owned by the top 20% of Americans grew from 85% to 87.7%. The Great Recession also caused a drop of 36.1% in median household wealth but a drop of only 11.1% for the top 1%, further widening the gap between the 1% and the 99%.[20][21][22] During the economic expansion between 2002 and 2007, the income of the top 1% grew 10 times faster than the income of the bottom 90%. In this period 66% of total income gains went to the 1%, who in 2007 had a larger share of total income than at any time since 1928.

Source: Distribution of wealth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Let's look at jesus:

"
"
Idiot.
The difference is, the homeless are taken to jail. They have to voluntarily enter a shelter and many won't. The cities that have decriminalized quality of life issues like San Francisco and New York no longer have a quality of life for anyone. Urine has eaten away at the lamp posts in San Francisco and they are falling over.

Public defecation on the streets of Los Angeles has resulted in respiratory infections caused by fecal dust from shit that has drird in the sun.

Reopen the asylums. Lock these people away.

Let's look at jesus:

That's why nothing they say should be considered. They're illiterates who have never learned to think effectively, and have zero curiosity.

What happens when a homeless bum is arrested? They are taken to a facility that is clean and safe. They get a bed, a meal, a shower. They have access to medical care, psychologists, counseling, therapy, etc..You'd think the homeless would be grateful to spend a few nights in jail.

But it's never enough for the bleeding hearts, they want the homeless to get a free house!! a new car!!! and a no-show job with benefits!! FREE!! FREE!! FREEEEEEE!!!!

Most homeless people are not arrested for being homeless, they do really stupid shit and in turn get arrested. This is just more Obungles garbage

Of course they have an excuse because being homeless isnt necessarily against the law. They can find a reason....they always have a reason

What happens when a homeless bum is arrested? They are taken to a facility that is clean and safe. They get a bed, a meal, a shower. They have access to medical care, psychologists, counseling, therapy, etc..You'd think the homeless would be grateful to spend a few nights in jail.

But it's never enough for the bleeding hearts, they want the homeless to get a free house!! a new car!!! and a no-show job with benefits!! FREE!! FREE!! FREEEEEEE!!!!

Wow, I'd like to hear more about this taking away someones freedom and how happy they should be about it. Its facinating, really

Interesting..................in the first paragraph, you're telling us about all the free benefits there are to being taken to jail. They are fed, housed, clothed and given medical care all at the expense of the taxpayer, and then, in the second paragraph, you are bitching about all the free stuff the liberals are giving them.

Which is it? Are you talking about the benefits of being in jail at taxpayer expense, or are you bitching about all the free things the liberals want to give them at taxpayer expense?

Interesting..................in the first paragraph, you're telling us about all the free benefits there are to being taken to jail. They are fed, housed, clothed and given medical care all at the expense of the taxpayer, and then, in the second paragraph, you are bitching about all the free stuff the liberals are giving them.

Which is it? Are you talking about the benefits of being in jail at taxpayer expense, or are you bitching about all the free things the liberals want to give them at taxpayer expense?

Let me clarify- I have no problem with helping retards, cripples, mental defectives, and children.

But druggies, drunks, and derelicts can fuck off and die. We do enough for those bums. When they are inevitably arrested for the crimes they commit, they are taken care of by the taxpayers. I say put these scumbags to work. Bring back the chain gangs.

Wow, I'd like to hear more about this taking away someones freedom and how happy they should be about it. Its facinating, really

Nothing too fascinating about it. If there is a law in places that say you can't loiter and hang around, you leave. You go hang around somewhere else.

It works the same way with non-homeless. Loitering is violating a law.

In NYC when they kicked their homeless out, they just left and went elsewhere. Prior to that, they were a threat to businesses. They were a threat to the public. They used to wash windshields with squeezes when you stopped at a stop light, and if you didn't give them money, they would attack you or even smash your windshield.

I know how much DumBama would love to see those days again, but let the local governments take care of their own problems. Your federal government doesn't belong everywhere.

As stated, being homeless is not a crime anywhere. Causing a nuisance, shitting in the streets, fighting in public, and hassling people is a crime.
Obozo and his minions are attempting to take over urban governments and make life miserable hell.

Forum List

Back