🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Criminalizing Homelessness Can Now Cost Cities Federal Money

Yes posting a bunch of bs articles from left wing homeless advocacy groups is surely going to change my mind.
You mst be Dick from the Internet.
You want to see the actual laws?
(Groups that help the homeless are left wing propaganda mills according to you.. got it. Fuck off)
Criminalizing Homelessness
They are "advocacy groups." i.e. propaganda. Know the difference, asshole.
:alcoholic::alcoholic::alcoholic::alcoholic::alcoholic::alcoholic:

In other words, you can't respond to his correct statement.:alcoholic::alcoholic::alcoholic::alcoholic::alcoholic::alcoholic:
Then I suppose all groups that focus on helping the homeless are propaganda to you loons. Get out of here.

Well most of the homeless groups that I specifically support.... actually help homeless people. Not try and screw over the public with oppressive laws under the guise of 'helping the poor'.

(Groups that help the homeless are left wing propaganda mills according to you.. got it. Fuck off)

In other words, you can't respond to his correct statement.:alcoholic::alcoholic::alcoholic::alcoholic::alcoholic::alcoholic:
Then I suppose all groups that focus on helping the homeless are propaganda to you loons. Get out of here.

Well most of the homeless groups that I specifically support.... actually help homeless people. Not try and screw over the public with oppressive laws under the guise of 'helping the poor'.

Screwing over the public? How are laws like this screwing over the public?

Seems that way, hm, it's funny that Jesus was ok with taxes, believed everyone should be fed regardless of if they work or not, believed in helping and healing everyone, believed that the rich should give everything away to the poor..

Give. Not have the government take, not have the government provide, not have the government as the be all/end all.

Charity is not the government providing for others. You guys really don't get that part, do you?

You guys like to play the Jesus card but you don't have a freaking clue.

In large part, homelessness is because of the economy and the breakdown of the family. Obama has done precious little in either regard.

That's fucking stupid. Homelessness was around thousands of years before Obama was born.

There will always be a level of homelessness. We accept that premise.

The question is, what policy decisions and cultural movements help or harm homelessness?

When I think about my own life, it would be tremendously difficult for me to be homeless. It could happen of course, but that would be hard to imagine.

First I have a good relationship with my parents. I could move there for a time. If not them, I could move in with my sister for a short time. If not them, I have uncles, relatives, cousins, extended family, all that I have good relationships with.

If not them, my church. People in my church would be more than willing to put me up for several months.

If not them, the charity that I worked for would be willing to put me up for some time.

If not them, some of the people where I work would even be willing to put me up.

But the chances of me even needing that, is slim because I have always worked. I've never gone more than 2 weeks on average without a job. The longest I have ever been unemployed was 3 weeks.

Even during the worst of the recession, people were hiring, and I found a job.

Additionally, I don't owe anyone anywhere anything. No debt, no credit cards. I don't drink and smoke my money away. It's amazing how many people smoke pot, and complain about being poor.

So my point is.... Family, Faith, and Morals. The break down of these things, is what leads people to being homeless in many cases.

You do drugs, and destroy your life, and end up homeless. What has Obama done to reduce that?

Your family is broken up, and you have burned all the bridges to your relatives, and end up homeless. What has Obama done to reduce that?

You don't go to Church, have no moral standards to live by, and end up homeless and alone. What has Obama done to reduce that?

Answer: Nothing. So you get what you get. That's how life works. Cause and effect.

90% of the reason you are, where you are, is because of the choices you make.

12039717_877172355693377_9118920271350528400_n.jpg

I already gave an example. If you prevent business owners from removing people shaking down customers in the parking lot... that screws over the public. I'm worse off because I can't go to a good restaurant, and the business owner is screwed over because he lost a customer.

Under the guise of helping the poor, a law preventing removal of vagrants, is oppressive.

You're telling me groups that focus on housing the homeless, groups that simply talk about actual criminalization of homelessness, are oppressing you?

I am SO proud to NOT be a RW.

Anybody wanna bet that the RWs posted above all call themselves "christian"?
Seems that way, hm, it's funny that Jesus was ok with taxes, believed everyone should be fed regardless of if they work or not, believed in helping and healing everyone, believed that the rich should give everything away to the poor..

When you say stuff like that, it only proves to me that you don't know anything about Christianity. If you did, you would not say such ignorant things.
Ah! Jesus said it's easier for a camel to to through the eye of a needle then for a rich man to enter heaven, along with MANY other things.

I already gave an example. If you prevent business owners from removing people shaking down customers in the parking lot... that screws over the public. I'm worse off because I can't go to a good restaurant, and the business owner is screwed over because he lost a customer.

Under the guise of helping the poor, a law preventing removal of vagrants, is oppressive.
You clearly don't understand how they're criminalizing homelessness, sidewalks, preventing asking for food/money, even preventing feeding the homeless. Shaking down? No one is shaking down anyone, these are homeless people, many mentally ill and war veterans, who need help.

You clearly don't understand how they're criminalizing homelessness, sidewalks, preventing asking for food/money, even preventing feeding the homeless. Shaking down? No one is shaking down anyone, these are homeless people, many mentally ill and war veterans, who need help.

Well don't just sit there and whine, get off your computer and get out there and help. That is where the left fails, they want to bitch and moan about it but when it comes time to put up they want someone else to do it. Same song and dance on every issue

THIS IS HYSTERICAL!!!

love it!! look at the pandering Progressive idiots about to cannibalize themselves! some of the most liberal cities in America like SAN FRANCISCO have cracked down on the homeless. WOW they wont give up an illegal FELON wanted by the PROGRESSIVE obama administration, who went on to MURDER AN INNOCENT WOMAN, but they want to criminalize cities trying to address their homeless problem?????

say it aint so!! left-wing nutjobs hoist by their own petard!!

WOW!! the Central Government has to tell Progressive city leaders to be kind to the homeless???????????????

WTF???

say good-bye to your tourism revenue left-wingnuts!

This means the federal government wil stop propping up liberal-run cities with federal dollars if they arent kind to their growing homeless problems. which begs the question how come all those billions that WERE ALREADY pouring into liberal-run cities didnt prevent that homeless problem from growing???

You're telling me groups that focus on housing the homeless, groups that simply talk about actual criminalization of homelessness, are oppressing you?

First off, the groups I support don't 'talk' about helping people. They actually do. I personally made thousands of 'move-in' packages for people who we helped to get a job, and then get an apartment, and our care packages had new sheets, towels, soap, dishes, cutlery, and so on.

I'll take supporting that group, over your politically motivate partisan groups, any day.

Second, groups that focus on housing the homeless... are ok.... but not the most wise use of limited resources.

The groups that I support, are ones that teach people how to live their life better. Which means work ethic, morals, and analyzing why they ended up homeless to begin with.

See, if you don't change the behavior that led to them being homeless, you may temporarily fix the housing problem, but ultimately they will end up back where they started. I thought we learned this lesson already in the 70s, when they tore down slums, built new housing projects, and in a decade they were slums again.

Lastly, it's ironic that you and I both had the same reaction to the starting article. I think it's a great idea to say cities that have laws that clean up the streets, lose Federal money. Wonderful.

It's oppressive to steal from working people, to give freebies to those who have not worked for it. So this is great.

The fewer cities collecting Federal money the better. Save the tax payers money. That's always a positive. And I know that my city will not repeal those laws for a few hundred thousands in HUD funding.

It would cost the city far more in lost revenue from businesses that would leave. It was exactly because of businesses moving out, that we put those laws in place in the first place.

Only in America. The federal government decrees that bums can camp out in parks and piss on the grass and scare kids but if you put up a Christmas tree you can be hauled off to jail.

If you want to know if a law is oppressive.... try putting yourself in the other person's shoes......

Can I come, camp out on your lawn, poop on your driveway, piss on the side of your house, and have trash all over your property?

Good luck trying to sell your home with me there.

You'd be screaming about the need for a vagrancy law if that was happening to you. And you know it.

In large part, homelessness is because of the economy and the breakdown of the family. Obama has done precious little in either regard.

That's fucking stupid. Homelessness was around thousands of years before Obama was born.

There will always be a level of homelessness. We accept that premise.

The question is, what policy decisions and cultural movements help or harm homelessness?

When I think about my own life, it would be tremendously difficult for me to be homeless. It could happen of course, but that would be hard to imagine.

First I have a good relationship with my parents. I could move there for a time. If not them, I could move in with my sister for a short time. If not them, I have uncles, relatives, cousins, extended family, all that I have good relationships with.

If not them, my church. People in my church would be more than willing to put me up for several months.

If not them, the charity that I worked for would be willing to put me up for some time.

If not them, some of the people where I work would even be willing to put me up.

But the chances of me even needing that, is slim because I have always worked. I've never gone more than 2 weeks on average without a job. The longest I have ever been unemployed was 3 weeks.

Even during the worst of the recession, people were hiring, and I found a job.

Additionally, I don't owe anyone anywhere anything. No debt, no credit cards. I don't drink and smoke my money away. It's amazing how many people smoke pot, and complain about being poor.

So my point is.... Family, Faith, and Morals. The break down of these things, is what leads people to being homeless in many cases.

You do drugs, and destroy your life, and end up homeless. What has Obama done to reduce that?

Your family is broken up, and you have burned all the bridges to your relatives, and end up homeless. What has Obama done to reduce that?

You don't go to Church, have no moral standards to live by, and end up homeless and alone. What has Obama done to reduce that?

Answer: Nothing. So you get what you get. That's how life works. Cause and effect.

90% of the reason you are, where you are, is because of the choices you make.
Good, you accept that homelessness will always exist, well, some places have virtually eliminated homelessness by utilizing public assistance for the homeless, but I'm sure you're against that. What policy decisions help the homeless? Public housing, public assistance, veterans job programs... Culturally? Not criminalizing helping the homeless. I say the same for my life, I assume we're both privileged Americans, not born into crippling poverty like many today. I also have family members to rely on if need be, many of the homeless don't, many are mentally ill, veterans, disabled.. The homeless are religious most of the time, they sleep in church shelters, go to mass, get food.. Congratulations, you managed to find a job during the recession in a specific state and now you believe you can make an accurate analysis of employment conditions. LOL. Congratulations, no one cares about how you don't owe anything, people always say these poor people should just go to college and her a real job. Do you know how expensive college is? These people will have to take loans, rent prices are out of control, everything is going up, and people are calling for removing the minimum wage and public housing.. Just.. Fucking amazing. No credit cards? Congratulations, I assume you're one of those people who believe if a poor person has credit card debt they deserve no help at all. Very Christian of you. Poor people drink and smoke to cope with the Shitty conditions they endure, and smoking is addictive and very hard to break, especially for those who rely on smoking and alcohol to alleviate pain. Pot isn't that expensive, believe me, I would know. Pot is also another way to escape. People can't help if they lose their family to death, many of the homeless are faithful, like most Americans, so try that one again. Morals? Morals in reference to...? Many of the homeless are mentally ill, crushed by debt, veterans, and some are drug addicts, who Deserve our care and help, aren't you a Christian? Oh, Obama has done a lot, and he has tried to do much more, with republicans standing in the way.. The republican veteran voting record is fucking embarrassing. Oh my god, you're assuming the majority of homeless don't go to church and have no specific morals you try to assume everyone should have. People like you disgust me.

If you want to know if a law is oppressive.... try putting yourself in the other person's shoes......

Can I come, camp out on your lawn, poop on your driveway, piss on the side of your house, and have trash all over your property?

Good luck trying to sell your home with me there.

You'd be screaming about the need for a vagrancy law if that was happening to you. And you know it.
That is not what is happening. You don't seem to understand what is happening, you're running away with these ridiculous anecdotal ignore the reality of what is happening.

Forum List

Back