Criminalizing Homelessness Can Now Cost Cities Federal Money

What happens when a homeless bum is arrested? They are taken to a facility that is clean and safe. They get a bed, a meal, a shower. They have access to medical care, psychologists, counseling, therapy, etc..You'd think the homeless would be grateful to spend a few nights in jail.

But it's never enough for the bleeding hearts, they want the homeless to get a free house!! a new car!!! and a no-show job with benefits!! FREE!! FREE!! FREEEEEEE!!!!

Wow, I'd like to hear more about this taking away someones freedom and how happy they should be about it. Its facinating, really

Funny, because people on the left advocate exactly that, and complain that we are not completely ecstatic about it.

1886670033.jpg

I'm so tired of the RW'ers only response to everything is "THE LEFT WANTS *BLANK*" with the blank always being some strawman they made up. They dont even respond to the topics anymore they just Do the Stephanie :dance:

But it's not a strawman. It's a fact. You don't like it. Don't admit it. Refuse to accept it. But the fact is, that is what you people support.

You take away people's rights, and then are shocked we're not happy about it.

You can do the routine where you say someone wants something and when someone calls you on it continue to yell "its a fact". But point at your coffee right now and say "Thats a pony!"

Did it change into a pony? No? See how that works. Do the Stephanie and argue with your imagination :dance: uh uh uh lets get it!

And you can deny the truth all you want.... but you are convincing no one with ignorance as your only debate tactic.

liberal-logic-liblogic-politics-1314149516.jpg

Ignore facts: Check.
Blame others: Check.
Personal insults: Check.

You are yet another classic example of a left-winger.

You got me, I go to college, guess it means I'm a brainwashed liberal.

It means you are ignorant, and arrogant. In other words, yeah pretty much. Younger people with no real world experience, should keep their mouths closed more, and ears open more.
Glorious. First of all, you don't know how old I am, second of all, you're playing the young people are liberals and older people are conservatives card, which is blatantly false.

i'm willing to bet you are about 42; or 73
And still in college, living on Daddy's dime....
My dad is disabled and has been out of work for years. Go fuck your self.
mommy and daddy are still paying your way through college, scooter...

Wow, I'd like to hear more about this taking away someones freedom and how happy they should be about it. Its facinating, really

Funny, because people on the left advocate exactly that, and complain that we are not completely ecstatic about it.

1886670033.jpg

I'm so tired of the RW'ers only response to everything is "THE LEFT WANTS *BLANK*" with the blank always being some strawman they made up. They dont even respond to the topics anymore they just Do the Stephanie :dance:

But it's not a strawman. It's a fact. You don't like it. Don't admit it. Refuse to accept it. But the fact is, that is what you people support.

You can do the routine where you say someone wants something and when someone calls you on it continue to yell "its a fact". But point at your coffee right now and say "Thats a pony!"

Did it change into a pony? No? See how that works. Do the Stephanie and argue with your imagination :dance: uh uh uh lets get it!

And you can deny the truth all you want.... but you are convincing no one with ignorance as your only debate tactic.

View attachment 50764

What facts? The only ones who have presented any facts are myself, I have shown how they're criminalizing homelessness, the effects, you have yet to show any evidence of this "plague" of homeless people ruining businesses.

You got me, I go to college, guess it means I'm a brainwashed liberal.

It means you are ignorant, and arrogant. In other words, yeah pretty much. Younger people with no real world experience, should keep their mouths closed more, and ears open more.
Glorious. First of all, you don't know how old I am, second of all, you're playing the young people are liberals and older people are conservatives card, which is blatantly false.

So he has a legitimate excuse. What's yours?

mommy and daddy are still paying your way through college, scooter...
I have my own money, parents can barely afford to care for my younger siblings, keep mentioning my family though..

So he has a legitimate excuse. What's yours?
Excuse for what?

David is full of shit. The churches have helped more disenfranchised people than every government combined. Government is not benevolent. When govt is afforded control over food and individual wealth, people die in the millions. This is not a theory, it is irrefutable fact. We do not need the government to penalize the middle class to facilitate the growth of a criminal, illiterate and dangerous class of people. Let individual communities deal with them to the best of their ability. Put the criminals in prison or deport them, put the crazies in mental institutes, and farm out kids whose parents can't or won't care for them. The churches do a fabulous job of ministering to veterans and mothers. What you idiots in the cities would do with your armies of criminal thugs I don't know...I just know they're a problem you created. You deal with them. With your money.

Seems that way, hm, it's funny that Jesus was ok with taxes, believed everyone should be fed regardless of if they work or not, believed in helping and healing everyone, believed that the rich should give everything away to the poor..

Give. Not have the government take, not have the government provide, not have the government as the be all/end all.

Charity is not the government providing for others. You guys really don't get that part, do you?

You guys like to play the Jesus card but you don't have a freaking clue.
You didn't understand the point, if a rich man calls himself Christian and hoards billions when children are starving to death when THEY COULD LITERALLY HELP THEM, are they Christian? The government has the authority to collect taxes, Jesus even said leave to Caesar what is Caesars. The government is the most efficient way to help the poor, this is proven in all cases, private charity doesn't cut it.

Oh please. The government has been ripped off billions on nearly every program they have. At least in the private sector they watch the money that comes to them.

Seems that way, hm, it's funny that Jesus was ok with taxes, believed everyone should be fed regardless of if they work or not, believed in helping and healing everyone, believed that the rich should give everything away to the poor..

Give. Not have the government take, not have the government provide, not have the government as the be all/end all.

Charity is not the government providing for others. You guys really don't get that part, do you?

You didn't understand the point, if a rich man calls himself Christian and hoards billions when children are starving to death when THEY COULD LITERALLY HELP THEM, are they Christian? The government has the authority to collect taxes, Jesus even said leave to Caesar what is Caesars. The government is the most efficient way to help the poor, this is proven in all cases, private charity doesn't cut it.

Oh please. The government has been ripped off billions on nearly every program they have. At least in the private sector they watch the money that comes to them.
Yes, nothing's perfect, especially when it's the government, the difference is, the private sector can't possibly care for all of those in need, the depression proves this.

I'm tired of people, especially Liberals, trying to speak for others and using sweeping generalizations to attack people.

Really? Who did that? Because I'm responding to someone who did the sweeping generalizations you pretend to hate and never addressed it....only to say that I'M the one who is using sweeping generalizations....

Cue that music :dance:

We have a homeless problem in this country... Seeing the need we have makes us un-comfortable, so we try to hide it, outlaw it being visible. While we are bringing in millions of illegals - many of them who prey on Americans - and giving them free housing, welfare, food stamps, education, and legal services we are outlawing and criminalizing - rather than HELPING - our own citizens. Homeless are ignored or criminalized, the hungry stay hungry, Vets are still waiting for adequate health care from VAs mismanaged by our government...

...and people say the government knows how to spend our money better than we do, knows how to help people better than we do....

Strawman...The govt is made up of people, therefore there is no we vs them...The govt is made up of Americans

People / Politicians want to help the world yet refuse to start with our own citizens. It's kinda like my son when he was growing up - he hated to cut OUR grass but didn't mind helping the neighbors cut theirs or helping others. Helping others gave him the warm fuzzy feeling that charity - helping others - gives you while helping out his 'own' seemed more like a chore. I had to teach him that 'FAMILY' comes 1st then by all means help others.

Our government needs to learn that lesson.

Uh ok

Yes, nothing's perfect, especially when it's the government, the difference is, the private sector can't possibly care for all of those in need, the depression proves this.

Ummm, there wouldn't BE this many people in need if the federal government enforced existing immigration law, secured the border they promised they would secure decades ago, stopped brining illegals in, stop incentivizing coming here, stop rewarding the criminals who come here, would eliminate sanctuary cities...

The problem we have is a federal government-induced one. THEY create the problem then take our money to deal with the problem after they have forced this problem upon us to begin with.

...just sayin'.

I am SO proud to NOT be a RW.

Anybody wanna bet that the RWs posted above all call themselves "christian"?

When you say stuff like that, it only proves to me that you don't know anything about Christianity. If you did, you would not say such ignorant things.
Ah! Jesus said it's easier for a camel to to through the eye of a needle then for a rich man to enter heaven, along with MANY other things.

And what he meant by that is money often separates man from God. However, it's not money that stops the rich man from entering the kingdom of Heaven. A rich man will easily go to heaven if he still follows his faith.

I'm not asking for protection, but what I am saying is that there is politics behind these programs. You have to come here and see what goes on at my grocery store with these SNAP's cards. They load the cart with government acceptable items, and then pay cash for their cigarettes, beer, wine, flowers, greeting cards........

I had tenants I evicted about two years ago. It was an unmarried couple with two children. He worked but she stayed home "supposedly" home schooling the kids. When they got too far behind rent, I suggested that she work on the weekends while the boyfriend was home to watch the kids. She wouldn't do it. Why? Because she was getting $225.00 a month on food stamps.

Both parents smoked and so did their 15 year old daughter they supplied cigarettes to. They had three cats and a very large dog. They used to come home with those 25 lbs bags of dog food. And oh yes, an Obama phone too.

Government--especially a Democrat government loves when these programs are ripped off. Why? Because the more government dependents, the more likely Democrat voters. You don't have that kind of motivation in the private sector.

1886670033.jpg

View attachment 50764

What facts? The only ones who have presented any facts are myself, I have shown how they're criminalizing homelessness, the effects, you have yet to show any evidence of this "plague" of homeless people ruining businesses.

To be fair to you, I was responding to the other guy who was denying my statements with absolutely nothing to support him.

But since you responded, first off along the lines of "facts", you put 'plague' in quotes which I never said. If you are going to claim you are factual in your posts, start with making sure what you claim others say is 'factual'.

However, while you claim we have not supported our position, that itself, is not true. We have posted numerous links to articles that support our views. You think urinating on lamp posts until they rot through and fall over on people in the road wouldn't cause people to not go to that area of town and visit business there?

Why do you think these laws are created to begin with? If you intend to debate from a factual perspective, the very first thing I'd do is try and learn why proponents of the laws push for them.

Are the homeless hurting Columbia’s downtown businesses?

This is one example of dozens.

http://www.thestranger.com/blogs/sl...ess-owners-get-seattles-homeless-away-from-us

Next steps on downtown homelessness in Portland | Street Roots

Homeless attack a business owner in portland.

You need more examples? Or will there never been enough examples to override your partisan position?

1886670033.jpg

Did you coffee turn into a pony?

To be fair to you, I was responding to the other guy who was denying my statements with absolutely nothing to support him.

Wait LOL....I denied your statements because your statements arent facts. You simply assert that the left wants something and want people to find evidence to prove your wrong shit wrong?

God, I already said just because you say something over and over doesnt mean its true. Then your response is "You know its true" and thats it :rofl:

Wait LOL....I denied your statements because your statements arent facts. You simply assert that the left wants something and want people to find evidence to prove your wrong shit wrong?

God, I already said just because you say something over and over doesnt mean its true. Then your response is "You know its true" and thats it :rofl:

And just denying it over and over, doesn't mean it isn't true. :rofl: Honestly, if you are the one guy that does not even know the position of the ideology you subscribe to... then you have disqualified yourself from the entire forum. That level of ignorance isn't fixable.

1886670033.jpg

Did you coffee turn into a pony?

Did you ignore what I said, and make up your own strawman in a vain attempt to avoid the truth?

And just denying it over and over, doesn't mean it isn't true. :rofl: Honestly, if you are the one guy that does not even know the position of the ideology you subscribe to... then you have disqualified yourself from the entire forum. That level of ignorance isn't fixable.

you're right...So how do you prove something is true? By providing evidence or just saying it over and over?

If you said provide evidence you're right! And you havent provided any evidence

I'm not asking for protection, but what I am saying is that there is politics behind these programs. You have to come here and see what goes on at my grocery store with these SNAP's cards. They load the cart with government acceptable items, and then pay cash for their cigarettes, beer, wine, flowers, greeting cards........

I had tenants I evicted about two years ago. It was an unmarried couple with two children. He worked but she stayed home "supposedly" home schooling the kids. When they got too far behind rent, I suggested that she work on the weekends while the boyfriend was home to watch the kids. She wouldn't do it. Why? Because she was getting $225.00 a month on food stamps.

Both parents smoked and so did their 15 year old daughter they supplied cigarettes to. They had three cats and a very large dog. They used to come home with those 25 lbs bags of dog food. And oh yes, an Obama phone too.

Government--especially a Democrat government loves when these programs are ripped off. Why? Because the more government dependents, the more likely Democrat voters. You don't have that kind of motivation in the private sector.
Anecdotal anecdotal anecdotal.

Forum List

Back