Zone1 Critical Race Theory

There was a huge uproar over CRT being taught in our schools, and almost no one could even describe what CRT would encompass, assuming it was ever being taught in the first place (it wasn't)

So if you're wondering what CRT would look like, it would probably look something like this:

View attachment 796650

Dude, you are wrong, your meme even conflicts with your supposition.

You stated;

So if you're wondering what CRT would look like, it would probably look something like this:

But your meme says; NO THEORY, just the facts. Most educated Americans, have never, ever denied these facts, nor do they, or have they ever had a problem with the facts being taught. This is NOT what the CRT controversy is about.

Indeed, if real CRT, and a form of legal studies, were implemented, I don't think it would have as much of a back lash. Even conservatives in our nation, recognize, that the justice system, is only as good, as who you know, how much money you have, and the IN-GROUP that you are in. . . :auiqs.jpg:

(For clearly, we can see right now. . . Trump is not in the "IN-GROUP," of the DC elites, he needs some Critical Legal Theory himself right now. . . :p)

1687191670268.png

THIS? If we are being honest, this is the real CRT.

Your meme is such a gross oversimplification of should be the history of IN-Group/Out-Group theory, as to do a disservice to the cause of trying to enlighten the coming generations about how to better live together.

Critical Race Theory—What it is Not!

The Beginning of CRT in Education​

Intersectionality and Anti-Essentialism​

<snip>

". . .(Valdes et al., 2002, p. 2) According to Delgado & Stefancic, “Intersectionality means the examination of race, sex, class, national origin, and sexual orientation and how their combinations play out in various settings” (2001, p. 51). Because our society is organized along binaries, intersectionality is a difficult concept to research. We see things as black or white, east or west, rich or poor, right or left. When we move into the complexities of real life we recognize that we each represent multiple identities—race, class, gender, sexuality, ability, religion, and many more. We perform our identities in myriad ways and can never be certain to which of those identities others react. However, since race has been such a flashpoint in this society we almost always believe that our challenges stem solely from racial injustice. Imagine the following scenario:
A Black woman walks into a luxury car dealer. She has just come from a strenuous workout and is sweating in an old pair of sweat pants and a ratty T-shirt. She is not wearing makeup and her hair is pulled back in a ponytail. She does not look like a “typical” luxury car buyer.

During her time in the showroom she notices that the salespeople introduce themselves to everyone but her. She has stood by a high-end model for at least 10 minutes but no salesperson has asked the customary “Can I answer any questions about this car for you?” Instead she is starting to feel invisible. Car salespeople are talking to everyone else in the showroom, including those who have arrived after she did. What seems to be the problem?

Because of the way race structures our everyday life experiences it is reasonable for most people to believe that the reason the woman is not receiving any attention is her race. However, one might also argue that her less than professional appearance might make class the reason the salespeople are ignoring her. Perhaps the obvious class markers—dress, hair, and overall appearance—make her an unlikely candidate for a sale. Thus, class not race may be operating here. Or, since our society continues to maintain sexual asymmetry, perhaps the woman’s gender has closed her off from receiving serious consideration as a luxury car buyer. However, CRT scholars are urged to look at the way all three identity/status categories may be operating simultaneously.

That same showroom might have been more welcoming had the woman arrived in high-end clothing and a nicely coiffed hairdo. It might have been more welcoming if the person in those same workout clothes were a man. We do not know which individual or combination of identity categories is at work here. Rather than attempting to simplify and strip down to a single explanation, CRT scholarship is willing to engage in the “messiness” of real life. . . . "

<snip>

Voice or Counter-Narrative​

". . . . Derrick Bell’s “The Chronicle of the DeVine Gift” (1999) is an example of how a counter-story can be written that has personal reference but broader social justice meaning. In this chronicle Bell’s alter ego, Geneva Crenshaw, is frustrated about the amount of work she has as the only African American law professor in a prestigious law school. This is exactly the situation in which Bell found himself at Harvard. But rather than rant about being overburdened he constructs a story or chronicle about what life might be like if a mysterious donor continued to steer high-quality candidates of color to the law school. Bell’s chronicle suggests that a high-profile predominately White law school would reach a “tipping point” if “too many” candidates of color were hired.

Bell’s story starts with his experience but quickly branches off into a speculative tale that points out the disingenuous way predominately White institutions that claim to be seeking to “diversify” their faculty and staff actually have no real intention of achieving true diversity, even when candidates of color are meritorious.

In another chronicle Bell (1989) describes what he calls “The Black crime cure,” where a group of young Black men discover a magic pill that changes them from petty street criminals to outstanding citizens. They no longer do drugs, rob and steal, cut school, or participate in gang activity. They become model citizens as long as they keep taking the pills. Unfortunately law enforcement has less work to do—the gang task force is no longer needed, the drug enforcement task force has no purpose, and the nightly patrols in Black communities yield no suspects. At first, the larger community is delighted, but soon people begin to realize how lucrative crime is for the rest of the society. Now they must lay off police officers and prison guards. The security firms sell fewer security devices and need to cut back their work forces. The alternative schools and juvenile detention centers are without youth. The town’s entire economy was based on the by-products of crime. To return things to their previous state, the police follow the Black youth to a cave outside of town and discover the source of the magic pills. After the youth leave, the police raid the cave, confiscate all the remaining pills, and blow up the site.. . . ."

Great, great. Another culture war advertisement, that does not affect me or anybody I know. :bigbed:

I wear my hair long ... down to my butt ... once we'll allowed to drag negros and queers behind our F-150 pick-ups, the long-hairs will be next ... right? ...

I'm different, so I must deserve death ... is that our culture? ... that's the culture in Orlando, Florida ... I risk my life in that city ...

It's really all about lazy shitheads laying the groundwork to be given OPM in the form of reparations.
It's the consequences of southern white America's choice to not accept black equality.

Now many black America are demonstrating in many ways what a discriminated against minority becomes when the white majority refuses to mend their ways.

And now the situation might be past a point at which it can be fixed.

America knows no other remedy other than force and police violence, and people like Chauvin proved that doesn't work.

Can we all be constructive by discussing what 'will' work?

As a Canadian, can I make it my business at least to offer advice?

No, you just deserve ridicule.

I can see how green with envy you've turned even through the internet ... that's right ... God's most perfect example of feminine beauty on a man like me ... too funny ... I like God's sense of humor ... I've lost count the number of drop-dead gorgeous women who have stopped me in the streets and asked if they could fondle my hair ... lost count ...

My hair makes shampoo commercial models look like they have wheat straw growing out their scalp ...

If you are a Canadian offering "advice" to America, then you can go fuck yourself.
If I don't take part by breathing some fresh air into this conversation Ter, it will just end up in the same way all disccusions end up on this board.

Trolling, spamming, hating, and profanity.

I've carefully laid out my track record to show that's not my motive Ter.

As a Canadian, can I make it my business at least to offer advice?
Feel free to offer advice. Speaking for myself, there's no way I'll ever support a wealth transfer from people who never owned slaves to people who were never enslaved. If guilt-ridden bent-wrist liberals want to donate their own money to said cause, I fully support their right to do so.

I wear my hair long ... down to my butt ... once we'll allowed to drag negros and queers behind our F-150 pick-ups, the long-hairs will be next ... right? ...

I'm different, so I must deserve death ... is that our culture? ... that's the culture in Orlando, Florida ... I risk my life in that city ...
You want to drag negros and queers behind your pickup truck and figure "long hairs" will be next?
You really miss the 70s, eh?

Move out. Orlando is a nice place to visit if you want to go to Disney or MGM, but I wouldn't want to live there.

Nope. Never has been. Never will be.
Most of that stuff, even though schools are controlled locally, have been taught those FACTS, since at least the seventies.

The only things that might be more exclusive to advanced and honors courses, might be things like redlining and black codes, . . . but that stuff still, isn't exactly that out of the main, or new. It has been in the curricula since at least the late eighties and early nineties.

I am really sorry you went to a very conservative, backward, bigoted and poor school district.

Most places in America aren't like that.

It's the consequences of southern white America's choice to not accept black equality.

Now many black America are demonstrating in many ways what a discriminated against minority becomes when the white majority refuses to mend their ways.

And now the situation might be past a point at which it can be fixed.

America knows no other remedy other than force and police violence, and people like Chauvin proved that doesn't work.
100% true.

The blame for this (potentially) being beyond repair extends to both blacks and whites.

Feel free to offer advice. Speaking for myself, there's no way I'll ever support a wealth transfer from people who never owned slaves to people who were never enslaved. If guilt-ridden bent-wrist liberals want to donate their own money to said cause, I fully support their right to do so.
You're at the first step on acknowledging that there is a huge problem!

Forum List

Back