Critics of Israel: What WOULD have been the Proper Response by Israel to the Hamas Attacks?

Zionists migrated to the area attacking Palestinians. You started the fighting, not them. Before Zionists showed up, there were no major incidents of violence between Palestinian-Arabs and Palestinian-Jews.
There was no nation there either. Only when the Jews got their own nation did the Arab nations around them go berserk.

The Israeli's turned off electricity and water to the area. That is a war crime that is NOT of military necessity.
It is when you're trying to get the innocent to leave an area so you can devastate somebody else's means of prosecuting a war effort while minimizing casualties. Notice that the Palestinians never, and I mean never, advise Israel that they are about to be attacked so the innocent can leave the area. Never. In fact, it appears that they deliberately try to kill as many innocent Jews as they can. Those are not the actions of a peace-seeking people.

So how do you respond to an enemy who uses hospitals, schools and people's homes as weapon depots and as rocket launch sites? The Israelis kill civilians because Hamas uses them as human shields.
The Goldstone Report found no incidents where Hamas used human shields, but found 7 incidents whereas the Israeli troops used human shields. They call them "johnnies". A Palestinian neighbor they force to enter a home before the IDF.

Hospitals are off limits under any condition.

No. Israel must lift the blockade, per international law. Then, if Hamas does anything militarily, whatever Israel does in response, would be considered self defense.

But the blockade must end! It is collective punishment on 2.2 million Palestinians who have committed mo crime. Surely you realize how wrong it is to punish innocent civilians?
Oh, I see. Israel is required to allow much larger and more lethal weapons of war to flood into the zone, then, only after being attacked by those weapons would they be "allowed" to defend themselves. Naturally, you would want to place restrictions ONLY on Israel's use of force.

Yeah. I saw that article. The usual "stormed Al-Aqsa" rhetoric. Your provocative exaggeration about the missile strike was just an extra dose of distorting the facts.
Let's say there was no Missile strike; do you think it was okay for what the IDF did to Palestinians at the mosque?

They want civilians to leave. Cutting off electricity, water and fuel is a non military means of achieving that. Israel IS going to go into Gaza after Hamas! They'd like there to be zero civilians there when they do so because they don't want to kill civilians...they want to kill Hamas terrorists!
Wrong! That is collective punishment on 2.2 million people who have committed no crime.

There was no nation there either. Only when the Jews got their own nation did the Arab nations around them go berserk.
There doesn't have to be a nation. There were Arabs living there for generations and they have rights!

It is when you're trying to get the innocent to leave an area so you can devastate somebody else's means of prosecuting a war effort while minimizing casualties. Notice that the Palestinians never, and I mean never, advise Israel that they are about to be attacked so the innocent can leave the area. Never. In fact, it appears that they deliberately try to kill as many innocent Jews as they can. Those are not the actions of a peace-seeking people.
Wrong! Totally wrong! You cannot target civilian infrastructure. Period.

Oh, I see. Israel is required to allow much larger and more lethal weapons of war to flood into the zone, then, only after being attacked by those weapons would they be "allowed" to defend themselves. Naturally, you would want to place restrictions ONLY on Israel's use of force.
No, all I'm saying, is that Israel should honor international law.

There doesn't have to be a nation. There were Arabs living there for generations and they have rights!
Most of middle east was the Ottaman Empire. When it fell the land fell to the victors of WWI

Maps throughout history were drawn via War. This Gaza is no different.

Forum List

Back