Cross-Dressing Day at Elementary School has Parents Upset

I think it would be fine since it isn't a teacher mandated activity. And as long as it wasn't forced, just like this wasn't forced. Heck, they could do a dress up like a biblical character day or a Koran character day and I'd have the same opinion.

But I imagine manifold would applaud the kids praying while peeing his pants over kids being silly.

2 points ---

1) kids don't have to cross-dress to act silly....

2) prayer has been deemed unacceptable in schools even if children have the right to opt out, pray to "other" gods, or pray to ZERO the messiah...

If they can't pray they sure as hell shouldn't be forced to participate in purposeful sexual orientation confusion...

...and don't say they aren't being forced. If they are in school (which they legally have to be) they are forced to be involved even if they don't physically participate.
Educate yourself:

Religion in the Public Schools - Student Religious Clubs

Nothing.

It's just for fun.

It may have been for fun years ago, but not anymore. Many people are getting pretty upset over these things. With all the crap going on about gay & lesbian rights, parents are not so lenient on these things anymore. They're getting tired of it....yes, years ago it was just fun, today it has a whole different meaning. Things change....liberals are usually the first that state that! This is one of the things that have changed....

You, as part of the PC crowd, seems intent on sucking the fun out of childhood.

So what are the liberal teachers doing when they punish a small child for bringing a lego gun to school? Or when kids point fingers at someone like it's a gun and gets suspended??? You may think we're going overboard about the gay thing, but the libs aren't over children that likes to play cops and robbers...something they've done forever and it's meaningless?

I think it would be fine since it isn't a teacher mandated activity. And as long as it wasn't forced, just like this wasn't forced. Heck, they could do a dress up like a biblical character day or a Koran character day and I'd have the same opinion.

But I imagine manifold would applaud the kids praying while peeing his pants over kids being silly.

2 points ---

1) kids don't have to cross-dress to act silly....

Nor do they have to wear pajamas, spike and dye their hair or wear their clothes backwards to act silly, but that's what kids do on spirit week.

2) prayer has been deemed unacceptable in schools even if children have the right to opt out, pray to "other" gods, or pray to ZERO the messiah...

No it hasn't. Are you being intentionally misleading or did you honestly not know that?

If they can't pray they sure as hell shouldn't be forced to participate in purposeful sexual orientation confusion...

They can pray and nobody is confused.

...and don't say they aren't being forced. If they are in school (which they legally have to be) they are forced to be involved even if they don't physically participate.

How are they forced to be involved? They don't have to dress like anything if they don't want to. My children have never been required to do any or all of the Spirit Week activities. They have always chosen which of them they wanted to do or not.

It may have been for fun years ago, but not anymore. Many people are getting pretty upset over these things. With all the crap going on about gay & lesbian rights, parents are not so lenient on these things anymore. They're getting tired of it....yes, years ago it was just fun, today it has a whole different meaning. Things change....liberals are usually the first that state that! This is one of the things that have changed....

So what are the liberal teachers doing when they punish a small child for bringing a lego gun to school? Or when kids point fingers at someone like it's a gun and gets suspended??? You may think we're going overboard about the gay thing, but the libs aren't over children that likes to play cops and robbers...something they've done forever and it's meaningless?

They are overreacting to excessive violence in school, but there IS violence in schools...kind of how we overreacted to a terrorist attack. :eusa_whistle:

Nothing.

It's just for fun.

Yep, in New Hampshire, they banned dodgeball. School districts don't sell soda. Lawn darts are gone and the list goes on.

"...Yep, in New Hampshire, they banned dodgeball..."
Yeah, I caught something about that recently, myself...

Dodgeball, fer crissakes..

All part of the ongoing Wussification (Pussification) of America...

Too bad they don't make a spit-on-the-ground-in-sheer-contempt Emoticon for that one...
wink_smile.gif

Last edited:
Remember the good old days when cross dressing was just for men :badgrin:

When men were men (and women, too):

Through playbills, posters, photos, 'Cross-Dressing on the Stage' brings history to life

Cross-dressing in the theater has a long and fascinating history, going back at least to the ancient Greeks. This summer, the Harvard Theatre Collection is presenting an exhibition that brings this history to life through rare playbills, posters, and photographs. The exhibition is open to the public in the Edward Sheldon Exhibition Rooms in Pusey Library.

Harvard Gazette: When men were men (and women, too)

oh the outrage :cool::lol:

I don't think most folks give a damn whether grown-folk (including college types) cross-dress - they're old enough to decide for themselves if they want to be freaks.

You get a little different reaction, though, from most folks, when it comes to engaging impressionable young minds in such things, on a first-person basis.

As part of a taxpayer-funded organized school activity, no less.

Rightfully so.

Good on those parents, for bitch-slapping the school, and its management, and its staff.

There may be some hope for the future, after all.
71_71.gif

Last edited:

They are overreacting to excessive violence in school, but there IS violence in schools...kind of how we overreacted to a terrorist attack. :eusa_whistle:

And they shouldn't get away with it then! And we all know there's violence in schools, but when a 5 or 6 yr old is punished for having a TOY at school, then those teachers shouldn't be teachers.

And we over-react to terrorist attacks?? OMG........we don't do enough!

Sigh.

So..nobody here that is male ever let their sister or spouse put makeup on them for fun? Or dressed as a woman for halloween? Or were in the service and wore a hula while stationed in Hawaii with coconut boobs?
No females here ever dressed up as a male pirate or a hobo or a guy in a biz suit just for fun?

Seems like this is what the school planned. FOR FUN. It is not encouragement to become one sex over another. It's for FUN.

Did we all forget what FUN used to be for us and now be for kids today? Looks like it.

Nope.

I don't think most folks give a damn whether grown-folk (including college types) cross-dress - they're old enough to decide for themselves if they want to be freaks.

You get a little different reaction, though, from most folks, when it comes to engaging impressionable young minds in such things, on a first-person basis.

Rightfully so.

Good on those parents, for bitch-slapping the school, and its management, and its staff.

71_71.gif

Gender indoctrination starts when they announce it's a boy or a girl.

Society begins to condition and market gender with toys, clothing and gender roles defined on tv shows.

Rightfully so.

71_71.gif

Society begins to condition and market gender with toys, clothing and gender roles defined on tv shows.

Then the universe is unfolding as it should...
wink_smile.gif

Rightfully so.

71_71.gif

Then the universe is unfolding as it should...
wink_smile.gif

Agreed, so why complain about the school :dunno:

"...Agreed, so why complain about the school"
Because the school is swimming upstream against the direction of the Universe and parents don't want their kids doing that, in this metaphorical context?

Last edited:
Maybe those parents shouldn't send their children to a school with a liberal arts bent that allows students to choose the events for school spirit week.

Perhaps statist bootlicks who think government schools should be encouraging such stupidity and the morality that goes with it in the absence of universal school choice, as if minors should be dictating the terms of education to grown up taxpayers in the first place, should get a clue.

Sigh.

So..nobody here that is male ever let their sister or spouse put makeup on them for fun? Or dressed as a woman for halloween? Or were in the service and wore a hula while stationed in Hawaii with coconut boobs?

No females here ever dressed up as a male pirate or a hobo or a guy in a biz suit just for fun?

Seems like this is what the school planned. FOR FUN. It is not encouragement to become one sex over another. It's for FUN.

Did we all forget what FUN used to be for us and now be for kids today? Looks like it.

When our daughter was about 3, I remember letting her apply "makeup" to my face.

And she once painted my toenails. At my high-school reunion we were sitting at the dinner table and I said "hey you wanna see something cool?" I took off my shoe and sock and put my foot up on the table. LOL

Forum List

Back