Cuba Forgives Obama For America's Past Agression

But not as much as conservatives despise normal diplomacy.
Normal diplomacy?

I don't think Obama knows what that is.

Obama is clearly trying to build some phony legacy, not do what is best for both countries....
Phony? It has been high time to thaw relations with Cuba for years and he is doing it. It's far more genuine than conservative rationalizations for continuing to treat them like we have been.
But there is no economic incentive for conservatives to support it....
That's true, they liked opening relations with China because they allowed western access to the largest untapped cheap labor pool in the world, there is no sign Cuba will allow themselves to be harshly used by the multi-national corporations like that.
Cuba has nothing. Only cigars. This is Obama once again saying "fuck you" to America....
If he is saying "fuck you" it's just to the cold warrior nostalgics like you who can no longer justify treating them like an enemy. The world is moving on past the leftover bullshit of the twentieth century, we have new problems to address and the old easily solvable problems are but a distraction.

I know that Nixon blew every Chinese official he could find, yet Oblama is the is the commie lover....
Nixon did it for the right reasons.

Obama is doing it for himself.

That's the difference....
All presidents try to make a big contribution to international peace while they serve because America is supposed to value and nurture peace, when did you conservatives forget that and try to become Klingons?

I know that Nixon blew every Chinese official he could find, yet Oblama is the is the commie lover....

All presidents try to make a big contribution to international peace while they serve because America is supposed to value and nurture peace, when did you conservatives forget that and try to become Klingons?

I see nothing Obama is doing that actually nurtured peace. The only results he seems to get is death and genocide. Russia invades Ukraine after the Russian Reset, Obama goes to Egypt and apologized for America and terrorism takes hold. Obama leaves Iraq and ISIS begins a campaign of genocide against Shiites. Christians and Muslims alike are being butchered by the thousands. The only reason you don't care is because the God Damned media won't cover it.

Nevermind the fact that Obama instigated riots in Ferguson MI.....and is trying to take it national with that silly anti-cop campaign.

I see nothing Obama is doing that actually nurtured peace. The only results he seems to get is death and genocide. Russia invades Ukraine after the Russian Reset, Obama goes to Egypt and apologized for America and terrorism takes hold. Obama leaves Iraq and ISIS begins a campaign of genocide against Shiites. Christians and Muslims alike are being butchered by the thousands. The only reason you don't care is because the God Damned media won't cover it.
Obama is not emperor of earth and America should not unilaterally get neck-deep in every conflict, our history of unilateral intervention has not been a successful one. Let these people figure it out for themselves.

Nevermind the fact that Obama instigated riots in Ferguson MI.....and is trying to take it national with that silly anti-cop campaign.
images

Obama is not emperor of earth and America should not unilaterally get neck-deep in every conflict, our history of unilateral intervention has not been a successful one. Let these people figure it out for themselves.

Unfortunately Obama is currently in a proxy war with Russia. So he's involved up to his neck.

Normal diplomacy?

Obama is clearly trying to build some phony legacy, not do what is best for both countries....
Phony? It has been high time to thaw relations with Cuba for years and he is doing it. It's far more genuine than conservative rationalizations for continuing to treat them like we have been.
But there is no economic incentive for conservatives to support it....
That's true, they liked opening relations with China because they allowed western access to the largest untapped cheap labor pool in the world, there is no sign Cuba will allow themselves to be harshly used by the multi-national corporations like that.
Cuba has nothing. Only cigars. This is Obama once again saying "fuck you" to America....

How?

What is it with you RW nutters that you are always so close to a total hysterical breakdown? Its always hyperbole with you. Or outright lies.

Normalizing our relationship with Cuba benefits us too.

Deal with it.

Unfortunately Obama is currently in a proxy war with Russia. So he's involved up to his neck.
It's Russia being Russia and it is being handled in a calm and even-handed way, you are just disappointed it hasn't been escalated into the good old cold war you understand and miss terribly.

There is no reason to continue to treat Cuba like a pariah that is not negated by our overly close relationship with China. Keeping this last bit of the cold war simply for nostalgia's sake is stupid.
I guess Cuba hates us no more than your average Harvard grad.
Diplomacy with our enemies for Obama is done on his knees before an open zipper.

There is no reason to continue to treat Cuba like a pariah that is not negated by our overly close relationship with China. Keeping this last bit of the cold war simply for nostalgia's sake is stupid.
I guess Cuba hates us no more than your average Harvard grad.
Normal diplomacy?

Nixon went to communist China. It's laughable for a de,I rat liberal to go to a communist country to fix relations. If normalizing was a good thing, President Reagan would have done it.

Obama is the worst president in history. Everything he is doing will and must be undone.

Obama instigated riots in Ferguson MI

Why are you posting so many lies this morning?

And it was Missouri. NOT Mississippi. Is that another lie? Or, are just wrong AGAIN?

:eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar:

Iraq Before Obama

What was Iraq like at the end of the Bush administration. David French of NRO was there, in the roughest parts. Here’s what he says:

I remember what Iraq was like in late 2008, when I left. My unit. . .had largely cleared out one of the last areas of al-Qaeda dominion in Iraq. At high cost we had taken thousands of square kilometers back from enemy control, broken the back of enemy resistance, and given the local population the chance to live something approaching a normal life. Want a measure of our success?

When we arrived in November 2007, in Diyala Province (labeled the Islamic Caliphate of Iraq by the al-Qaeda forces in control) every time any convoy rolled out of the gate, it had a greater than 25 percent chance of enemy contact — IEDs, ambushes, or sniper fire. When we left in late September 2008, that chance was down to approximately 1 percent.

Good men died making that progress. Friends and brothers, all of them.

But that’s not to say that al-Qaeda was completely defeated. Even as we prepared to hand over the battle space to an incoming unit, al Qaeda struck one last blow – killing a very dear friend of mine when our troopers cornered a senior leader.

The bottom line was that Iraq was under control, but still in a state of low-intensity war. Iraqi forces, with the help of small groups of American advisers and — in extreme circumstances — American air power, were more than capable of handling large-scale threats from jihadists but weren’t yet capable of stopping all violence (and, indeed, may never have been). The situation was stable, and — here’s the key — sustainable.

Yes, to sustain it would have required the continued presence of American troops, and those troops may have sustained occasional additional casualties, but that’s the price we pay to secure hard-won victories.
Iraq before Obama Power Line

The wishful thinking at the heart of Obama s Iran deal sales pitch Power Line

What is it with you RW nutters that you are always so close to a total hysterical breakdown? Its always hyperbole with you. Or outright lies.

Deal with it.

Its their chicken shit nature to be quavering nut bags of panic
They are also bewildered at the state of 21st century geo-politics. Back in the good-old-days of the cold war the US vs Soviet dynamic was easy to understand and the correct side was an easy choice and they miss it terribly.

Iraq Before Obama

What was Iraq like at the end of the Bush administration. David French of NRO was there, in the roughest parts. Here’s what he says:

I remember what Iraq was like in late 2008, when I left. My unit. . .had largely cleared out one of the last areas of al-Qaeda dominion in Iraq. At high cost we had taken thousands of square kilometers back from enemy control, broken the back of enemy resistance, and given the local population the chance to live something approaching a normal life. Want a measure of our success?

When we arrived in November 2007, in Diyala Province (labeled the Islamic Caliphate of Iraq by the al-Qaeda forces in control) every time any convoy rolled out of the gate, it had a greater than 25 percent chance of enemy contact — IEDs, ambushes, or sniper fire. When we left in late September 2008, that chance was down to approximately 1 percent.

But that’s not to say that al-Qaeda was completely defeated. Even as we prepared to hand over the battle space to an incoming unit, al Qaeda struck one last blow – killing a very dear friend of mine when our troopers cornered a senior leader.

The bottom line was that Iraq was under control, but still in a state of low-intensity war. Iraqi forces, with the help of small groups of American advisers and — in extreme circumstances — American air power, were more than capable of handling large-scale threats from jihadists but weren’t yet capable of stopping all violence (and, indeed, may never have been). The situation was stable, and — here’s the key — sustainable.

Yes, to sustain it would have required the continued presence of American troops, and those troops may have sustained occasional additional casualties, but that’s the price we pay to secure hard-won victories.
I have no problems with sending all your family friends and loved ones to Iraq ....to secure a victory chump

Iraq Before Obama

Bullshit, we never should have been there to begin with and we would have had to stay forever to keep whatever it was we thought was worth fighting over, conservatives and their bayonet diplomacy fail every time.

Cuba gets everything out of this deal.
What is America getting?
Obama is not doing any deal to get the cop killer back from Cuba.
Just like he is not doing any deals to get the Military American back from Iran.

Deal with it.

Its their chicken shit nature to be quavering nut bags of panic

Rabid RWs are not very smart and they're very dishonest. mudwhistle is posting a lot of lies and he knows other RWs are like bobble heads. President Obama did not apologize to anyone. He did not "apologize to Communists". That's an outright lie from mudwhistle and he knows it.

But the other low-info RWs' heads will just bob up and down and they'll repeat the lies over and over until they become part of their version of history.

Forum List

Back