Cuccinelli refuses to call McAuliffe after Virginia loss

Ken Cuccinelli Has No Plans To Call Terry McAuliffe: Report

Hours removed from a tight defeat in the 2013 Virginia governor's race, Ken Cuccinelli (R) appears to have no plans to congratulate his rival.

The Washington Post reported Wednesday that according to two sources close to Cuccinelli's campaign, he has yet to call Terry McAuliffe and will keep things that way. Tuesday's election saw McAuliffe win by less than 55,000 votes.

Petty......

Kind of like when the Democratic candidate for Lt Governor refused to shake the hand of his Republican counterpart at their debate. Petty...

Or was that racist?

Funny, I don't recall your thread about that...

And if it is true that Cuccinelli plans to contest the results, why would he call and concede the race?
Why? Hmm, if he viewed the race as more about the people, the process, and the state and not so much about himself and his whacky wingnut world view that is out of touch with the majority.

How many eligible and registered voters actually bothered to join his crazed crusade and what percentage is that of eligible voters state wide?

Was he supposed to? Who cares ... maybe McAuliffe told him a "yo mamma so fat" joke?

It's proper etiquette and sportsmanship in any political race. It makes Cooch look childish.

Ken Cuccinelli Has No Plans To Call Terry McAuliffe: Report

Hours removed from a tight defeat in the 2013 Virginia governor's race, Ken Cuccinelli (R) appears to have no plans to congratulate his rival.

The Washington Post reported Wednesday that according to two sources close to Cuccinelli's campaign, he has yet to call Terry McAuliffe and will keep things that way. Tuesday's election saw McAuliffe win by less than 55,000 votes.

Petty......

Kind of like when the Democratic candidate for Lt Governor refused to shake the hand of his Republican counterpart at their debate. Petty...

Or was that racist?

Funny, I don't recall your thread about that...

And if it is true that Cuccinelli plans to contest the results, why would he call and concede the race?

Yes, the OP is a dishonest and dishonorable hypocrite who puts party before country; we all know this, but it doesn't change the fact that Cooch is behaving in poor taste.

Massive numbers of anti-Kookynelly voting by single women. Gee, wonder why.

The single ladies held their noses and voted for Terry McAwful over the Bedroom Policeman who wants to reimpose the 1950s on everyone.

Let this be a lesson, social conservatives: Live socially conservative lives all you want and leave those who aren't attracted to that lifestyle alone.

It's between those two. He doesn't HAVE to call. Aside from that I have no way of knowing if he did or did not call.

Right.

I have always thought it pretty disingenuous ( there is that word again ) to call and congratulate an opponent's win, especially if you may have had reason to believe the win was based upon fraud or other nefarious methods.

It is refreshing to see a politician not caving to PC....

Massive numbers of anti-Kookynelly voting by single women. Gee, wonder why.

The single ladies held their noses and voted for Terry McAwful over the Bedroom Policeman who wants to reimpose the 1950s on everyone.

Let this be a lesson, social conservatives: Live socially conservative lives all you want and leave those who aren't attracted to that lifestyle alone.

and the vast majorities of those women are black.
gee, I wonder why :lol:

It's between those two. He doesn't HAVE to call. Aside from that I have no way of knowing if he did or did not call.

Right.

I have always thought it pretty disingenuous ( there is that word again ) to call and congratulate an opponent's win, especially if you may have had reason to believe the win was based upon fraud or other nefarious methods.

So when Jefferson and Adams and Madison and...

On never mind

Is not the ball in the winner's court?

Has the winner called the loser to thank and congratulate for a good fight that ended up with about 2% more going to the winner, hardly something to crow about.

Right.

EXACTLY!!

If anyone should call anyone, the decent and logical thing would be for the winner showing grace and magnanimity and call the one who lost.

I am sure the TP will now consider Coooch a Hero in their book for not calling McA. Obviously, that is all that is important to Coooch, because this will not help his political career. Voters don't much like sore losers...

Right.

EXACTLY!!

If anyone should call anyone, the decent and logical thing would be for the winner showing grace and magnanimity and call the one who lost.

That would not be proper either. We can't re-write the way things are done just to suit ourselves.

Right.

EXACTLY!!

wtf? :cuckoo:

Then all of wingnut world would be calling it gloating. :lol: you are too precious

I am sure the TP will now consider Coooch a Hero in their book for not calling McA. Obviously, that is all that is important to Coooch, because this will not help his political career. Voters don't much like sore losers...

Richard Nixon? :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back