🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

CDZ Cyberbullying . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
But bullies live for the reaction. If you take that away, they cannot play.
I agree with you that it's frustrating--really, really frustrating--because it does feel like you're letting them "win," but when their only purpose is to bait and make you miserable, the only solution is not to take the bait. Anyone who knows what a poster is actually like won't believe the insults, anyway.
Yep. People like that, at least online, only have power if it's given to them.

That is not true nowadays where most people are spending more and more time online for social interaction. Stop victim blaming.
I'll do what I want, thanks.

If you think you're a victim, you're a victim. That's up to you.

Nope. The bullies are responsible for their own behaviors, not the victims of the bullies. You are letting the bullies slide while you blame the victim for the bullying because the victim didn't take an action.
I've made multiple specific comments about bullies on this thread.

I realize that many here suffer from selective vision, but there's nothing I can do about that.

So basically, you are saying that if someone joins a forum and they are bullied, they should just leave because its not the fault of the bullies, but the victim for being too sensitive?

You are blaming the victim again. Nobody chooses to be a victim. People should not have to use the ignore function to stop bullying from other adults. That doesn't always work either.
I agree with you that it's frustrating--really, really frustrating--because it does feel like you're letting them "win," but when their only purpose is to bait and make you miserable, the only solution is not to take the bait. Anyone who knows what a poster is actually like won't believe the insults, anyway.

Didn't you just start a thread saying that people need to be "nicer" to each other? And here you are making excuses for bullies by blaming the bullying on the victim. :rolleyes:
I'm not blaming the victim. You're just hypersensitive. If you don't like the way you're treated here, perhaps you shouldn't come here.

If you voluntarily come here knowing you'll be hurt, I'd think that might be an issue for you to consider about yourself.

Again, you are blaming the victim of the bullying for the bullying. It is the bullies who should be held responsible for their bad behavior, not the victim for being a victim.

People may come here because they enjoy a lot of aspects about this forum. Why should they have to leave over some bullies?
Because there's nothing you can do about them. They behave the way they do because of some damaged personal need.

They feed on your discomfort. Don't you know that?

Put them on ignore, then.

That is not true nowadays where most people are spending more and more time online for social interaction. Stop victim blaming.

Nope. The bullies are responsible for their own behaviors, not the victims of the bullies. You are letting the bullies slide while you blame the victim for the bullying because the victim didn't take an action.

I realize that many here suffer from selective vision, but there's nothing I can do about that.

I've only seen you blame the victims for the bullying and telling them what they should do instead of actually tackling the bullying behavior head on.

So basically, you are saying that if someone joins a forum and they are bullied, they should just leave because its not the fault of the bullies, but the victim for being too sensitive?
Perhaps you could stop putting words in my mouth. I'm saying what I mean.

I've only seen you blame the victims for the bullying and telling them what they should do instead of actually tackling the bullying behavior head on.
As I said, selective vision.

Didn't you just start a thread saying that people need to be "nicer" to each other? And here you are making excuses for bullies by blaming the bullying on the victim. :rolleyes:
I'm not blaming the victim. You're just hypersensitive. If you don't like the way you're treated here, perhaps you shouldn't come here.

If you voluntarily come here knowing you'll be hurt, I'd think that might be an issue for you to consider about yourself.

Again, you are blaming the victim of the bullying for the bullying. It is the bullies who should be held responsible for their bad behavior, not the victim for being a victim.

People may come here because they enjoy a lot of aspects about this forum. Why should they have to leave over some bullies?
Because there's nothing you can do about them. They behave the way they do because of some damaged personal need.

Well, it doesn't necessarily bother me personally. It's just the whole idea that we have adults that participate in a "flame zone" where they flame, taunt and try to dehumanize pretty much other posters who they don't even know. I do like to stand up to the bullies though and turn the tables on them. They really like to dish it out, but they don't like it handed back to them on a silver platter. :D

Well, it doesn't necessarily bother me personally. It's just the whole idea that we have adults that participate in a "flame zone" where they flame, taunt and try to dehumanize pretty much other posters who they don't even know. I do like to stand up to the bullies though and turn the tables on them. They really like to dish it out, but they don't like it handed back to them on a silver platter. :D
I guess we all have our methods.

Seems to me that responding is giving them what they want.

What's the old saying: Never wrestle with pigs. You only get muddy and the pig likes it.

I thrive on it. :banana:

That is what you said basically. What you have stated is that it is the victim's fault that he or she is bullied for being a victim, and that the victim should have to do something, but the bullies get away scott free with no responsibility for their behaviors, and they just continue on to the next victim of the day.

More interesting that that though would be why do we have adults who interact with one another that way. They seem to develop strange and weird "bonds" with one another too. It is totally another world there in the flamer zone. Lol.

That is what you said basically. What you have stated is that it is the victim's fault that he or she is bullied for being a victim, and that the victim should have to do something, but the bullies get away scott free with no responsibility for their behaviors, and they just continue on to the next victim of the day.

More interesting that that though would be why do we have adults who interact with one another that way. They seem to develop strange and weird "bonds" with one another too. It is totally another world there in the flamer zone. Lol.
Maybe you really believe that I said that. I don't know how to respond.

Do you go around bullying people? I haven't seen that from you really. I've seen you get heated during discussions and say some things but not actually bullying anyone.

That is what you said!

That is the "gist" of your postings so far on this thread. That the victim should just leave if they don't want to be bullied and if they don't take an action, then it is their own fault that they are being bullied. I think that is even worse in some cases. Some people ARE sensitive and that does not make them deserving of bullying.

That is what you said!

That is the "gist" of your postings so far on this thread. That the victim should just leave if they don't want to be bullied and if they don't take an action, then it is their own fault that they are being bullied. I think that is even worse in some cases. Some people ARE sensitive and that does not make them deserving of bullying.
What exactly do you want here?

What do you think about cyberbullying? I'm not talking about being in a heated argument or discussion and doing a little namecalling out of frustration or whatnot. I am talking about out and out trolling.
'

One could just sic ChrisL on them. :abgg2q.jpg:

Sit ChrisL on them?

Now, that’s not very nice.

Yes, we know what you are trying to do here. We know that you don't like the bullying table turned on you. You get offended and hurt and need to lash out in other places. :D

That is what you said!

What exactly do you want here?

I want people to look at the problems with cyberbullying online amongst adults. If you don't want the kids doing it, then you have to stop the adults from doing it or else lecturing the kids doesn't make a difference.

Do you go around bullying people? I haven't seen that from you really. I've seen you get heated during discussions and say some things but not actually bullying anyone.

No, I'm more of a counter-puncher.

What do you think about cyberbullying? I'm not talking about being in a heated argument or discussion and doing a little namecalling out of frustration or whatnot. I am talking about out and out trolling.

You are funny looking and nobody likes you

You should have seen this other woman I mentioned earlier on the other forum yesterday. You know how teenage girls are traumatized by how other girls ostracize them and call them ugly and names in high school? Well, this is what this poster does, and she does it all the time.

In all the years I’ve been on message boards, I’ve never seen anything like it. She’s easily the biggest bully I’ve ever encountered. Yet she is the most sanctimonious airhead one could imagine. She loves to degrade and demean other posters, but then she whines and bitches when she gets called out. Maybe that’s why she’s still single and can’t keep a man even though she’s clearly in her 40s.

What’s funny is she thinks she’s hot stuff. lol Maybe if she didn’t shop at Goodwill and got a personality transplant. Dimes are deeper than this woman.

Good thing there’s nobody like that here.

So why does it bother you that a woman would think she is hot stuff? It is good to have confidence. Why do you want to take away someone's confidence, especially someone who you don't know and is not a part of your life in any way?

If you want to partake in this thread, then it would be very helpful for you to explain your bullying behavior and why you feel the need to do it at all. TIA.

It’s not that she thinks she’s hot stuff. It’s that she calls others old, ugly and fat, and throws into others’ faces that she thinks she’s hot. And she claims she doesn’t start things when she does it all the time.

This woman isn’t very bright and has little self-awareness. She makes up for it with vanity and narcissism though, regardless of how misplaced.

No, I'm more of a counter-puncher.

That is how I am too. Sometimes, the bullies seem to get more aggressive when you counter punch them. :D They love to dish it out but they don't take it back very well at all. I guess that is typical for most bullies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back