🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

CDZ Cyberbullying . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you think about cyberbullying? I'm not talking about being in a heated argument or discussion and doing a little namecalling out of frustration or whatnot. I am talking about out and out trolling.

In a word.... WEAK

If a person resorts to picking on people online in order to make themselves feel strong...that is pretty pathetic. And obviously, they have no life away from the keyboard

What do you think about cyberbullying? I'm not talking about being in a heated argument or discussion and doing a little namecalling out of frustration or whatnot. I am talking about out and out trolling.

Ignore button. Cyberbullying solved.

But why should the victim of the bullying have to do anything at all? Here is where you lying the responsibility for the poor behavior onto the victim of the behavior, as if they are wrong for not putting the bullies on ignore?

No, but in this case, the victim chooses to be a victim. You hit the ignore button, bully is gone. That simple. Matter of fact, shining a bully on is like battery acid on their skin. Someone bullying you on line, simply remove them from your online experience. Then it’s not an issue.

You are blaming the victim again. Nobody chooses to be a victim. People should not have to use the ignore function to stop bullying from other adults. That doesn't always work either.

That’s a victims mentality there. That’s how a person who wants it acts. If one has the means to end the bullying and does not then they get what they deserve. What you are saying is there should be people who defied what bullying is, then address it. That’s fine, but if you aren’t proactive on what you consider bullying and end it then you like it. Your are saying an indeviduel has no responsibility for their own well being. Perhaps the inter webs are to much for these people?

In a word.... WEAK

If a person resorts to picking on people online in order to make themselves feel strong...that is pretty pathetic. And obviously, they have no life away from the keyboard

True. And if one keeps going back to the abuse they are the same. Ignore button, bully be gone.

If you feel like you are getting "bullied" on the INTERNET, you have major problems. And its more than some butthead picking on you. ESPECIALLY if you are an adult.
Words are just words. Only YOU let them hurt you.
The internet is DIGITAL. Its not even spoken words!

The thing is today society live and dies with the internet...

For me trolling was part of the game when I started surfing boards back in the 90's but today cyber stalking and bullying is a different game.

Many childlren and younh adults live their lives in cyberspace and too much information about your personal life is out there for someone to use against you...

I am sure you believe it is the weak snowflakes that can not handle it but unlike the past you only dealt with the small community now you deal with the entire cyberspace and could get bullies from Tennessee picking on kids in Texas because of some picture that was altered just so someone life could be made into hell...

The internet is a blessing and a curse and too many people use this cyberspace to live through and not for it real intention to get information flowing...

So that is all I have to say about this... For now...

Ignore button. Cyberbullying solved.

But why should the victim of the bullying have to do anything at all? Here is where you lying the responsibility for the poor behavior onto the victim of the behavior, as if they are wrong for not putting the bullies on ignore?

No, but in this case, the victim chooses to be a victim. You hit the ignore button, bully is gone. That simple. Matter of fact, shining a bully on is like battery acid on their skin. Someone bullying you on line, simply remove them from your online experience. Then it’s not an issue.

You are blaming the victim again. Nobody chooses to be a victim. People should not have to use the ignore function to stop bullying from other adults. That doesn't always work either.

That’s a victims mentality there. That’s how a person who wants it acts. If one has the means to end the bullying and does not then they get what they deserve. What you are saying is there should be people who defied what bullying is, then address it. That’s fine, but if you aren’t proactive on what you consider bullying and end it then you like it. Your are saying an indeviduel has no responsibility for their own well being. Perhaps the inter webs are to much for these people?

Why does anyone deserve to be bullied? You are blaming the victim of the bullying while letting the bad behavior of the bullies slide. You keep making excuses for the bullies by blaming the bullying on the victim. People should be able to post anywhere, anytime (adults anyways) and not have worry about others acting like 12 year olds on the playground.

Were you taught to ignore a bully or stand up to bully?

If you feel like you are getting "bullied" on the INTERNET, you have major problems. And its more than some butthead picking on you. ESPECIALLY if you are an adult.

For me trolling was part of the game when I started surfing boards back in the 90's but today cyber stalking and bullying is a different game.

Many childlren and younh adults live their lives in cyberspace and too much information about your personal life is out there for someone to use against you...

I am sure you believe it is the weak snowflakes that can not handle it but unlike the past you only dealt with the small community now you deal with the entire cyberspace and could get bullies from Tennessee picking on kids in Texas because of some picture that was altered just so someone life could be made into hell...

The internet is a blessing and a curse and too many people use this cyberspace to live through and not for it real intention to get information flowing...

Cyber stalking is different than "bullying"
That isnt bullying, that is criminal.

I agree. That is taking bullying to the next level. I'm sure that a lot of bullies would use that information if it was readily available to them though. Don't put it past them.

Talking about the psyche of the bully. Yes, adults can bully other adults online. Happens all the time.
If you feel "bullied" that is your own problem. This is the INTERNET.

Think about that.

Why is "this is the INTERNET" an acceptable excuse?

Is it because the bully can hide behind anonymity and will never have to face the consequences of their actions and words?

How does that make it okay?
It's because TN grew up with it. A lot of the young'ns here believe that. They learned as soon as they got online that there is a playground game being played out in words instead of punches or pulling pigtails. That's all it is to them. It's a pity not EVERYONE can look at it that way.

Many cyber bullies become cyber stalkers and both are as dangerous.

I wonder how many adult bullies were bullied themselves as children? Probably most of them, I would assume. They are kind of acting out, so to speak. I should look for articles about that.

You should have seen this other woman I mentioned earlier on the other forum yesterday. You know how teenage girls are traumatized by how other girls ostracize them and call them ugly and names in high school? Well, this is what this poster does, and she does it all the time.

In all the years I’ve been on message boards, I’ve never seen anything like it. She’s easily the biggest bully I’ve ever encountered. Yet she is the most sanctimonious airhead one could imagine. She loves to degrade and demean other posters, but then she whines and bitches when she gets called out. Maybe that’s why she’s still single and can’t keep a man even though she’s clearly in her 40s.

What’s funny is she thinks she’s hot stuff. lol Maybe if she didn’t shop at Goodwill and got a personality transplant. Dimes are deeper than this woman.

Good thing there’s nobody like that here.

And right away, I got one. So, given this, should we have pity for the bullies?

Bullies Who Were Also Bullied Have More Adult Psychiatric Problems

Copeland thought these were the most fascinating findings:

• The kids who were categorized just as bullies were not at all at risk for reduced emotional functioning – depression, anxiety, or suicidality – but they were at 4.1 times higher risk for antisocial personality disorder, which "is very closely linked to criminal behavior, and it follows the trajectory that would get these folks into prison,” says Copeland.
  • While the victims group had their share of problems, the bully-victim group surpassed them in many categories related to emotional functioning. “These are kids that both were bullies to other people but also went on to bully others as well,” Copeland explains. “They really seemed to be worse off than any of the groups that we studied. They were at increased risk for depression and panic disorder, and for suicidal thoughts in adulthood. So they were a group that we especially want to keep our eyes on.” He says researchers hope to continue to follow them and offer them support.

You should have seen this other woman I mentioned earlier on the other forum yesterday. You know how teenage girls are traumatized by how other women ostracize them and call them ugly? Well, this is what this poster does, and she does it all the time.

In all the years I’ve been on message boards, I’ve never seen anything like it. She’s easily the biggest bully I’ve ever encountered. Yet she is the most sanctimonious airhead one could imagine. She loves to degrade and demean other posters, but then she whines and bitches when she gets called out. Maybe that’s why she’s still single and can’t keep a man even though she’s clearly in her 40s.

What’s funny is she thinks she’s hot stuff. lol Maybe if she didn’t shop at Goodwill and got a personality transplant. Dimes are deeper than this woman.

You'd better get yourself under control there, buddy. This is the CDZ. No bullying here.

You should have seen this other woman I mentioned earlier on the other forum yesterday. You know how teenage girls are traumatized by how other girls ostracize them and call them ugly and names in high school? Well, this is what this poster does, and she does it all the time.

So why does it bother you that a woman would think she is hot stuff? It is good to have confidence. Why do you want to take away someone's confidence, especially someone who you don't know and is not a part of your life in any way?

If you want to partake in this thread, then it would be very helpful for you to explain your bullying behavior and why you feel the need to do it at all. TIA.

There is cyber bullying when people's identities are known, or when the bully has some power over the target.

There are only a hand full who are even capably of bullying, here ,because our identities are unknown and only a few have power over others. Of these, most are not bullies.

That is not true at all. I have seen people leave this forum over being bullied mercilessly every time they tried to post. So the point is here, should you let the bully win and just leave?

You also shouldn't be insinuating that it is not bullying because they can't physically harm you or because they don't know your real name. Sure, you can just leave or log off, but why should you?
Or put them on ignore for a bit? That has worked for me.

There is cyber bullying when people's identities are known, or when the bully has some power over the target.

There are only a hand full who are even capably of bullying, here ,because our identities are unknown and only a few have power over others. Of these, most are not bullies.

That is not true at all. I have seen people leave this forum over being bullied mercilessly every time they tried to post. So the point is here, should you let the bully win and just leave?

You also shouldn't be insinuating that it is not bullying because they can't physically harm you or because they don't know your real name. Sure, you can just leave or log off, but why should you?
Or put them on ignore for a bit? That has worked for me.

Nope. Stop giving in to the bullies. You have to stand up to them and give them their medicine back. They need to realize that their behavior is not acceptable for any reason.

We are talking about the psyche of the bully. Why do they feel the need to bully other people, especially those they might consider weaker than them?
IMO? Deep down insecurity. Unhappiness.
Probably a lot of factors that lead people to try and make others miserable.
I've seen students do it because they're bored and they think it's funny to see the victim react. Cry or get red faced or embarrassed or holler and spit. Whatever. It's like pulling a cat's tail. That's some of it. They do it for amusement.

Why do you do it, OL?
I've never done it. But the only time I ever laid hands on another kid in anger was a guy bullying a kid on my bus. Teacher watched and let me do it, too.

You do it and you encourage it in the flamer zone. Don't try to act like all the innocent sweet grandma please.
It would be helpful if you answered my question from the beginning of this thread: How do you define bullying? I think you and I have different definitions.

This mostly about kids, but these behaviors definitely carry over into adulthood.

Bullying Can Turn Victims Into Bullies

SATURDAY, April 30, 2016 (HealthDay News) -- A combination of face-to-face taunting and cyberbullying may greatly increase the risk that victims will become bullies themselves, a new study suggests.

"Students who are victimized are more likely to exhibit aggressive behaviors towards others," said study principal investigator Alexandra Hua, from Cohen Children's Medical Center of New York. "This phenomenon may lead to a vicious cycle whereby bullies create bullies out of those they victimize."

In the study, researchers analyzed data from U.S. students aged 10 to 17. The investigators found that 43 percent of the children had experienced face-to-face bullying and 7 percent had been subjected to some form of cyberbullying through text messages, social media and other means.

Kids who experienced either in-person or online bullying were more likely to display aggressive behaviors, such as physical fighting, verbal hostility, property damage and peer coercion, the findings showed.

But the risk of those behaviors was more than twice as high among victims of both types of bullying, the study authors said.

Of the kids who experienced both forms of bullying, 38 percent showed aggressive behavior. This compared with 15 percent of those who were cyberbullied and 4 percent of those who were victims of face-to-face bullying alone.

The findings were scheduled for presentation Saturday at the Pediatric Academic Societies annual meeting, in Baltimore.

The results are concerning, but not surprising, study senior investigator Dr. Andrew Adesman said in an American Academy of Pediatrics news release.

"These behaviors may involve retaliatory measures against their aggressors, acting aggressive in order to fend off future bullying attempts, or worse, learning by example and engaging in bullying of previously uninvolved peers," Adesman said. He is chief of developmental and behavioral pediatrics at Cohen Children's Medical Center of New York.

Hua also noted that with the high rates of mobile device use by young people, there should be greater focus on cyberbullying and its harm, especially when combined with face-to-face bullying.

Research presented at meetings should be viewed as preliminary until published in a peer-reviewed journal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back