🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

CDZ Cyberbullying . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
one entering the flame zone, one tries to have a pissing contest in the fz....one gets her photo shopped ass handed to her...in the fz and now is whining about it outside the fz....
Let's be accurate here--Beauty contest.

IMO? Deep down insecurity. Unhappiness.
Probably a lot of factors that lead people to try and make others miserable.
I've seen students do it because they're bored and they think it's funny to see the victim react. Cry or get red faced or embarrassed or holler and spit. Whatever. It's like pulling a cat's tail. That's some of it. They do it for amusement.

Why do you do it, OL?
I've never done it. But the only time I ever laid hands on another kid in anger was a guy bullying a kid on my bus. Teacher watched and let me do it, too.

You do it and you encourage it in the flamer zone. Don't try to act like all the innocent sweet grandma please.
It would be helpful if you answered my question from the beginning of this thread: How do you define bullying? I think you and I have different definitions.

Cyberbullying covers a lot of different bullying behaviors. Cyberbullying is intentionally making comments about a person or people in order to elicit a negative reaction, trying to intimidate others, spreading rumors or lies about a person or people, or threatening or even actually stalking them. Stalking is when bullying turns into criminal behavior, but there are other ways of "stalking" people online too without crossing over into actually breaking the law. Basically it is trying to make another person feel bad, using insults or other means.

one entering the flame zone, one tries to have a pissing contest in the fz....one gets her photo shopped ass handed to her...in the fz and now is whining about it outside the fz....

What are you talking about? Someone makes a claim about your personal appearance, and you are totally justified in posting pictures to prove otherwise. Then to go accusing the person of lying, photoshopping, etc., etc. is just more bullying of that person.

What do you think about cyberbullying? I'm not talking about being in a heated argument or discussion and doing a little namecalling out of frustration or whatnot. I am talking about out and out trolling.

Ignore button. Cyberbullying solved.

But why should the victim of the bullying have to do anything at all? Here is where you lying the responsibility for the poor behavior onto the victim of the behavior, as if they are wrong for not putting the bullies on ignore?

No, but in this case, the victim chooses to be a victim. You hit the ignore button, bully is gone. That simple. Matter of fact, shining a bully on is like battery acid on their skin. Someone bullying you on line, simply remove them from your online experience. Then it’s not an issue.

You are blaming the victim again. Nobody chooses to be a victim. People should not have to use the ignore function to stop bullying from other adults. That doesn't always work either.

But bullies live for the reaction. If you take that away, they cannot play.
I agree with you that it's frustrating--really, really frustrating--because it does feel like you're letting them "win," but when their only purpose is to bait and make you miserable, the only solution is not to take the bait. Anyone who knows what a poster is actually like won't believe the insults, anyway.

Keep in mind where you are in the forum. There are rules here. No bullying. Save it for the flamer zone. Besides that, I am sure that you are in a position where you can judge other women that you don't know in such a way. Lol. :D Stop being so sporadic. One moment, you seem to be wanting to bully me. The next you try to act as if you are against bullying. Make up your mind.

What do you think about cyberbullying? I'm not talking about being in a heated argument or discussion and doing a little namecalling out of frustration or whatnot. I am talking about out and out trolling.

But why should the victim of the bullying have to do anything at all? Here is where you lying the responsibility for the poor behavior onto the victim of the behavior, as if they are wrong for not putting the bullies on ignore?

No, but in this case, the victim chooses to be a victim. You hit the ignore button, bully is gone. That simple. Matter of fact, shining a bully on is like battery acid on their skin. Someone bullying you on line, simply remove them from your online experience. Then it’s not an issue.

You are blaming the victim again. Nobody chooses to be a victim. People should not have to use the ignore function to stop bullying from other adults. That doesn't always work either.

I agree with you that it's frustrating--really, really frustrating--because it does feel like you're letting them "win," but when their only purpose is to bait and make you miserable, the only solution is not to take the bait. Anyone who knows what a poster is actually like won't believe the insults, anyway.

Yep. People like that, at least online, only have power if it's given to them.

??? You say one thing and then behave in another.

That is not true nowadays where most people are spending more and more time online for social interaction. Stop victim blaming.

I've seen students do it because they're bored and they think it's funny to see the victim react. Cry or get red faced or embarrassed or holler and spit. Whatever. It's like pulling a cat's tail. That's some of it. They do it for amusement.

Why do you do it, OL?
I've never done it. But the only time I ever laid hands on another kid in anger was a guy bullying a kid on my bus. Teacher watched and let me do it, too.

You do it and you encourage it in the flamer zone. Don't try to act like all the innocent sweet grandma please.
It would be helpful if you answered my question from the beginning of this thread: How do you define bullying? I think you and I have different definitions.

Cyberbullying covers a lot of different bullying behaviors. Cyberbullying is intentionally making comments about a person or people in order to elicit a negative reaction, trying to intimidate others, spreading rumors or lies about a person or people, or threatening or even actually stalking them. Stalking is when bullying turns into criminal behavior, but there are other ways of "stalking" people online too without crossing over into actually breaking the law. Basically it is trying to make another person feel bad, using insults or other means.
Thanks for the definition. I've never done that to you, btw. Disagreeing with a poster's argument is what we do here. Disagreeing and making that known is not bullying.

No, mostly just online bullying in general or, if you want to be specific, there is the flame zone here. It's entire purpose is to flame, troll or bully other posters. Getting heated during an argument or discussion with someone else and losing your cool is normal. Bullying other posters in the flamer zone is NOT normal, especially when most of these people are well over 50 years old! It is to be expected from children. When adults do it, it is something else entirely. Like a mental illness.
Actually it's a crime in some jurisdictions. Bullying is what it's called but the some of the underlying legal actions could include harassment, malicious harassment, electronic harassment, defamation, intentional infliction of emotional distress, etc.

If they take it offline and into real life, you can through in stalking as well.

That is not true nowadays where most people are spending more and more time online for social interaction. Stop victim blaming.
I'll do what I want, thanks.

If you think you're a victim, you're a victim. That's up to you.

Didn't you just start a thread saying that people need to be "nicer" to each other? And here you are making excuses for bullies by blaming the bullying on the victim. :rolleyes:

Nope. The bullies are responsible for their own behaviors, not the victims of the bullies. You are letting the bullies slide while you blame the victim for the bullying because the victim didn't take an action.

'

One could just sic ChrisL on them. :abgg2q.jpg:

Thanks for the definition. I've never done that to you, btw. Disagreeing with a poster's argument is what we do here. Disagreeing and making that known is not bullying.
By definition, if you don't agree with what someone has posted you're supposed to attack their argument or comment, not unleash a torrent of denigrating names against them correct? Yet very few people actually adhere to this standard.

Not much different from blaming a woman for being raped because she was dressed provocatively or something. You need to hold the perpetrators responsible for their behaviors, instead of blaming the victim for being a victim.

Didn't you just start a thread saying that people need to be "nicer" to each other? And here you are making excuses for bullies by blaming the bullying on the victim. :rolleyes:
I'm not blaming the victim. You're just hypersensitive. If you don't like the way you're treated here, perhaps you shouldn't come here.

If you voluntarily come here knowing you'll be hurt, I'd think that might be an issue for you to consider about yourself.

Nope. The bullies are responsible for their own behaviors, not the victims of the bullies. You are letting the bullies slide while you blame the victim for the bullying because the victim didn't take an action.
I've made multiple specific comments about bullies on this thread.

I realize that many here suffer from selective vision, but there's nothing I can do about that.

I'm not blaming the victim. You're just hypersensitive. If you don't like the way you're treated here, perhaps you shouldn't come here.

If you voluntarily come here knowing you'll be hurt, I'd think that might be an issue for you to consider about yourself.

Again, you are blaming the victim of the bullying for the bullying. It is the bullies who should be held responsible for their bad behavior, not the victim for being a victim.

People may come here because they enjoy a lot of aspects about this forum. Why should they have to leave over some bullies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back