Damn: Feds Slap 70% Tax On Legal Marijuana Businesses

That keeps the black market in business.

no-----I don't think so-------just to avoid the TAX?
The government is always so stupid.

If they drive the legal businesses out with outrageous taxes, who fills the gap? The illegal operators who, Surprise! do not file tax returns. .
Net result = less revenue.

Dumb.

silly nonsense------cigarettes and booze is heavily taxed

A 70% TAX!!!!
The shit will be underground before the shit hits the rule book...

As I've pointed out a number of times, this has been in "the rule book" since 1982, and it hasn't stopped weed stores so far.

If they drive the legal businesses out with outrageous taxes, who fills the gap? The illegal operators who, Surprise! do not file tax returns. .

Dumb.

A 70% TAX!!!!

As I've pointed out a number of times, this has been in "the rule book" since 1982, and it hasn't stopped weed stores so far.

Than I guess it's really a matter of state rights and those states willingness to fight for them.

Dumb.

A 70% TAX!!!!

Than I guess it's really a matter of state rights and those states willingness to fight for them.

Actually, it's a matter of hiring good accountants.

Dumb.

A 70% TAX!!!!

A 70% tax is a 70% tax. And i'm sure as businessmen they already take every deduction they can.

A 70% TAX!!!!

A 70% tax is a 70% tax. And i'm sure as businessmen they already take every deduction they can.

You didn't bother the read the link, did you?

A 70% TAX!!!!

Ya got me there..

Ya got me there..

If you had, you'd have known it's discussing a law passed in 1982 that prevents drug dealers from deducting drug-related business expenses (after some guy tried and succeeded).

There is no "70% tax" on weed businesses - the article quotes "analysts" who say that taxes could be as high as 70% due to the inability to deduct expenses - and following any of the source links would show you a few ways that pot clubs are already getting around the law in question.

Well, isn't that what the legalize and tax it proponents advocated...

... when they wanted it legalized?

Can't really gripe now that the gov't. has taken `em up on their suggestion.

Dumb.

A 70% TAX!!!!

Because they haven't been taxed out of business yet

-Geaux

Dumb.

I buy my weed off the "black market" since weed shops in Washington charge so much. The great part is it's easier than ever to find weed and the quality is outstanding. I buy 14 grams for $200, as opposed to $340 from a shop.

Dumb.

A 70% TAX!!!!

Because they haven't been taxed out of business yet

-Geaux

Follow along - the tax in question has been on the books for 34 years.

If they haven't been taxed out of business so far, why would that change now?

Dumb.

This is why legalizing drugs is a stupid idea.

The best part, is that since marijuana is a controlled substance, marijuana store are disqualified from certain tax deductions.

I thinks it's hillarious, because the Liberals thought that legalized marijuana was going to be some kind of miracle cure, but it's going to be the same problem, wrapped up in a different package.

Forum List

Back