Damn: Feds Slap 70% Tax On Legal Marijuana Businesses

That keeps the black market in business.

no-----I don't think so-------just to avoid the TAX?
The government is always so stupid.

If they drive the legal businesses out with outrageous taxes, who fills the gap? The illegal operators who, Surprise! do not file tax returns. .
Net result = less revenue.

Dumb.

silly nonsense------cigarettes and booze is heavily taxed

A 70% TAX!!!!
The shit will be underground before the shit hits the rule book...

As I've pointed out a number of times, this has been in "the rule book" since 1982, and it hasn't stopped weed stores so far.

Because they haven't been taxed out of business yet

-Geaux

Follow along - the tax in question has been on the books for 34 years.

If they haven't been taxed out of business so far, why would that change now?

marijuana was taxed in the past?

So, they claimed it would generate budget relief through legalization, now their being taxed. Whats the problem? Or is it a case that they feel someone else should pay the fiddler?

Lol........I knew sooner or later the feds would get involved and try to force these people out of business by taxing them to death.

Feds Slap 70% Tax on Legal Marijuana Businesses

Since most marijuana users are Democrats, who love to pay taxes, or are othereise unwilling to pay any attention to government abuse I simply cannot see why they even might complain.
most?.....apparently you dont know any smokers do you?....

I buy my weed off the "black market" since weed shops in Washington charge so much. The great part is it's easier than ever to find weed and the quality is outstanding. I buy 14 grams for $200, as opposed to $340 from a shop.
Good for you! Really! I don't want you buying your narcotics from the government legally. I want you buying from drug dealers and risk capture and imprisonment for partaking in an illegal, dangerous product.

A 70% TAX!!!!

As I've pointed out a number of times, this has been in "the rule book" since 1982, and it hasn't stopped weed stores so far.

-Geaux

Yes.

A 70% TAX!!!!

-Geaux

Yes.

You're not talking about when they told growers to pay a tax or face tax evasion charges when they get busted are you?

If they drive the legal businesses out with outrageous taxes, who fills the gap? The illegal operators who, Surprise! do not file tax returns. .

Dumb.

I buy my weed off the "black market" since weed shops in Washington charge so much. The great part is it's easier than ever to find weed and the quality is outstanding. I buy 14 grams for $200, as opposed to $340 from a shop.

Who didn't see that coming? Legalize and tax....nah, legalize and avoid the tax. Legal...nowhere near the revenue they thought and all the downside.

You can't fix stupid.

Dumb.

A 70% TAX!!!!

-Geaux

Keep up much? Because they are just now demanding the bill be paid at 70%

-Geaux

A 70% TAX!!!!

-Geaux

-Geaux

:lol:

No, they're not.

I'm gonna guess that you didn't bother to read the story either.

A 70% TAX!!!!

-Geaux

-Geaux

:lol:

No, they're not.

I'm gonna guess that you didn't bother to read the story either.

You never answered post 47

-Geaux

Yes.

You're not talking about when they told growers to pay a tax or face tax evasion charges when they get busted are you?

I was actually talking more about the law this thread is based on, but now that you mention it, that is true too.

-Geaux

Yes.

I was actually talking more about the law this thread is based on, but now that you mention it, that is true too.

Then it's not the same law you quoted from what was it 86?
That was a bullshit law that no one was going to follow because it basically required you to turn yourself in to pay the taxes.

Yes.

That was a bullshit law that no one was going to follow because it basically required you to turn yourself in to pay the taxes.

No, not the same law as the one in the OP. The marijuana tax law that you're talking about is from the 1800s, I believe.

Yes.

No, not the same law as the one in the OP. The marijuana tax law that you're talking about is from the 1800s, I believe.

Nope..I'm getting old but not that old and I remember it.

You're right - 1937, not the 1800s.

I was born in sixty five and if I had to guess i'd say the 90's.

I was born in sixty five and if I had to guess i'd say the 90's.

Nope.

Marihuana Tax Act of 1937 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It was actually found unconstitutional in 1969, for exactly the reasons you mentioned above (5th Amendment violation).

I refuse to pay the tobacco tax and the marijuana tax--------I REFUSE!!!!!!!!

Forum List

Back