Damn, they are still using Mosin 91/30 "Sniper" rifles in Ukraine.

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
I don't know which side it is.

267-CAD2-A-9-EE4-487-A-BE1-B-AA53-E10-DC617.webp

Both sides use the same shit.

It's literally a family brawl.

Culturally, logistically, and genetically.

It's family fighting.

Thinking on it a bit I bet $1500.00 would not touch it.....A rifle with a pedigree like that, the sky's the limit at auction.

I don't know which side it is.

267-CAD2-A-9-EE4-487-A-BE1-B-AA53-E10-DC617.webp
Not familiar with it, myself, only an enthusiast, never a sniper weapon owner. Must be pretty good. A sniper took out a Russian Major General in Ukraine.

There is more inflation in guns and ammo than gasoline
As Mosins go they were never really "cheap", even the put together examples with new optics/mounts started off at around $500.00 when your average 91/30 was under $100.00, but yeah, even those examples bring $1200.00+ now with a refurbed plaine-jane 91/30 at around $400. Most of the glut of 91/30s of the early 2000s came out of the Ukraine BTW.

LOL.....I remember when folks would cull though the racks upon racks of Mosins looking for ex-snipers to mount new optics on. You could tell those easily by looking on the back inside of the receiver and looking for the mounting holes that had been welded over. Those welds were a bitch to drill through and re-tap.

As Mosins go they were never really "cheap", even the put together examples with new optics/mounts started off at around $500.00 when your average 91/30 was under $100.00, but yeah, even those examples bring $1200.00+ now with a refurbed plaine-jane 91/30 at around $400. Most of the glut of 91/30s of the early 2000s came out of the Ukraine BTW.

LOL.....I remember when folks would cull though the racks upon racks of Mosins looking for ex-snipers to mount new optics on. You could tell those easily by looking on the back inside of the receiver and looking for the mounting holes that had been welded over. Those welds were a bitch to drill through and re-tap.
I like the SKS

Mosins not so much

my preferred bolt action is a mauser

I like the SKS

Mosins not so much

my preferred bolt action is a mauser
LOL....I picked-up one of those shortened (16.5" barrel) SKSs yesterday in my travels. I just finished restocking it last evening. I'll post it up in the Garage sub-forum later this morning when I get pics.

Yeah, I've thinned my Mosin collection way back, I think I'm down to just four, more collectable examples now.

Forum List

Back