Data on school shootings

Why don't you offer an answer you coward? Another poster already suggested to you the sheer overwhelming number of public school enrollements vs private schools. There are about 5 million children nation wide enrolled in private schools vs 50 million in public schools. Only 1 in 10 families opts to or can afford to send their children to private school. Considering that the majority of underpriviledged children will attend public school rather than private schools and that public schools are more likely to exist in underpriviledged neighborhoods and that 6% of school shootings happen at private schools, all those numbers seem to track. Do you have a better explanation supported by..... well anything?

Why do you pussies always think asking questions you yourselves never have any answers or evidence for is how debating works? 😄

Also, they have secular schools in Asian countries where only a minority of the population is christian and they also have exponentially fewer gun deaths than we do.
As I pointed out, shootings in public schools are a new phenomenon.

They began after they took prayer out of schools.

Why?

You do know, they can still legally pray in public schools. There is no law stopping a student from saying a prayer.
Having a prayer said at the beginning of the day by school officials sends a message to the students.

That is the point.

Public schools have to take all children for the most part, whereas private schools can be much more selective with who attends. I imagine if you look closely enough, that will be your reason.

But it did not used to be this way.

Children in public schools once went to school without shooting the place up.

The change happened around the 1980's.

You know, after they took prayer out of schools

But it seems schools that are allowed to still pray remain untouched by school shootings, aside from outsider crazy adults, that is.

But being an atheist demon possessed democrat, (LOL), you must destroy the assertion that prayer in school has anything to do with this.

So the burden is on you to tell us what has changed that caused this change other than prayer being taken out of schools.

Well?
Ah, your point finally emerges - you think we need prayer back in school.

Our society has gotten far more secular since the 1980’s, whether you like it or not. Those ”good ol’ days” of God in school are long gone. So not a realistic “solution“.

As far as your assumption that this is what has caused the increase in school shootings, unfortunately it’s you assuming what you’re trying to show. Liberals might argue that the increase is due to more guns in circulation. We don’t know.

Personally, I think public schools are more likely to be selected as targets because they’re bigger, not because of the lack of God. Also, I think you’re more likely to see students in public schools with social/emotional issues due to a wide range of family issues and broken homes. Parents with enough money and stable lifestyles who are able to send their children to expensive private schools are less likely to have those kinds of issues. That doesn’t mean that the private schools are better at controlling against mass murder, I think it’s much more of a confounding variable.

Ah, your point finally emerges - you think we need prayer back in school.

Our society has gotten far more secular since the 1980’s, whether you like it or not. Those ”good ol’ days” of God in school are long gone. So not a realistic “solution“.

As far as your assumption that this is what has caused the increase in school shootings, unfortunately it’s you assuming what you’re trying to show. Liberals might argue that the increase is due to more guns in circulation. We don’t know.

Personally, I think public schools are more likely to be selected as targets because they’re bigger, not because of the lack of God. Also, I think you’re more likely to see students in public schools with social/emotional issues due to a wide range of family issues and broken homes. Parents with enough money and stable lifestyles who are able to send their children to expensive private schools are less likely to have those kinds of issues. That doesn’t mean that the private schools are better at controlling against mass murder, I think it’s much more of a confounding variable.
Some of the most messed up children I have seen come from rich homes.

I don't buy it.

But the fact remains, no children are shooting up schools in religious schools even though they live in the same society as those who are secular, something you have no answer for.

Some of the most messed up children I have seen come from rich homes.

I don't buy it.

Oh really? Do you think the vast majority of the prison population is coming from rich homes or poor homes?
But the fact remains, no children are shooting up schools in religious schools even though they live in the same society as those who are secular, something you have no answer for.

I’ve addressed this. Public schools are bigger targets for outsiders. As far as insiders (students who shoot people at their own school), I believe the majority of emotionally messed up kids are going to be in the public school system, not private schools. Drugs, alcohol, abusive parents, poverty, sexual abuse, etc.

Here, I propose a solution that we will both be happy with. Since you believe that private schools are the answer, then I encourage you to convince private schools to take all of those emotionally disturbed children that the public schools struggle with. Take them all in, and don’t charge them tuition (they can’t afford it afterall). Sound good?

Here is a rundown on the number of school shootings over the years sitting at 51, not including the most recent one.

Looking at these schools, what do they all have in common?

They are public schools.

This last shooting was the first Christian school, or private school, to get shot up, and it was not by a student, it was by an adult.

What does this say about public vs. private and Christian schools?
Yup. And the vast majority of school shootings are done by whites. What does this say about White people?

Forum List

Back