Death In Ghayil, Yemen...

It all gets back to indoctrination. Most American truly feel a Yemeni's life isn't as 'valuable' as an American's life. They see them as not being human. They've been taught to see them as 'Sub-Human.' Their lives don't mean anything. A Yemeni child being brutally slaughtered, really doesn't mean much to the average American. As shocking as that is, it is the ugly reality.

Now youre just projecting....and repeating yourself

No, it's accurate. Most Americans aren't even aware of the several innocent women and children killed in this particular attack. They're only aware of the one American killed. But that's on our corrupt Government/Corporate Media. If most Americans really understood, they would reconsider supporting this Permanent War agenda.

It all gets back to indoctrination. Most American truly feel a Yemeni's life isn't as 'valuable' as an American's life. They see them as not being human. They've been taught to see them as 'Sub-Human.' Their lives don't mean anything. A Yemeni child being brutally slaughtered, really doesn't mean much to the average American. As shocking as that is, it is the ugly reality.

No, it's accurate. Most Americans aren't even aware of the several innocent women and children killed in this particular attack. They're only aware of the one American killed. But that's on our corrupt Government/Corporate Media. If most Americans really understood, they would reconsider supporting this Permanent War agenda.

Shit happens.

Shit happens.

Exactly. Americans have been indoctrinated to believe an American's life is more 'valuable' than an innocent Yemeni child's life. It's pretty socking that indoctrination has been so successful. Most Americans will go along with any war now. Very sad.

Shit happens.

Exactly. Americans have been indoctrinated to believe an American's life is more 'valuable' than an innocent Yemeni child's life. It's pretty socking that indoctrination has been so successful. Most Americans will go along with any war now. Very sad.

Gawd youre getting annoying. Parroting the same shit over and over.

I'm just saying that Yemeni childrens' lives are valuable too. We lost one US Soldier. But several innocent Yemeni women and children were murdered in the process. It's very sad most Americans don't understand that disturbing reality.
No they don't mean that much. They weren't innocent they were part of the ISIS clan. A fire fight occured. We lost one guy. Anytime we lose one we need a thousand of theirs to be even. That's how you win wars.

Sorry, but that's just sick. Read the article. Murdering a bunch of innocent Women and Children can't be justified. A Yemeni child's life is every bit as 'valuable' as a US Soldier's life is.
No it's not as valuable. We are there to stop this ISIS bullshit. Line up a thousand Yemeni women and children supporting ISIS on one side and on the other line up one US soldier wanting to go home to his wife and child. Then make me pick one side to die. The yemeni side get's strafed, twice. Fuck them.

Sorry, but that's a sick mentality. Unfortunately, most Americans have been indoctrinated on that sick mentality. We lost just one US Soldier in this massacre. But several innocent women and children were also slaughtered. Their lives mean something too.
No they don't. Our's mean more. You keep saying they are innocent but they are still there supporting ISIS. They aren't innocent. And yes I want a thousand to one ratio of if one of our's dies we kill a thousand of yours. I'd like to bump that to ten thousand. A hundred thousand would be ideal. A million would be a bit closer to my liking.

Shit happens.

I'm not for any war. If we are in one though then yes the American's life is worth hundreds of thousands of yours. I want to win.

I'm just saying that Yemeni childrens' lives are valuable too. We lost one US Soldier. But several innocent Yemeni women and children were murdered in the process. It's very sad most Americans don't understand that disturbing reality.
No they don't mean that much. They weren't innocent they were part of the ISIS clan. A fire fight occured. We lost one guy. Anytime we lose one we need a thousand of theirs to be even. That's how you win wars.

Sorry, but that's just sick. Read the article. Murdering a bunch of innocent Women and Children can't be justified. A Yemeni child's life is every bit as 'valuable' as a US Soldier's life is.
No it's not as valuable. We are there to stop this ISIS bullshit. Line up a thousand Yemeni women and children supporting ISIS on one side and on the other line up one US soldier wanting to go home to his wife and child. Then make me pick one side to die. The yemeni side get's strafed, twice. Fuck them.

Sorry, but that's a sick mentality. Unfortunately, most Americans have been indoctrinated on that sick mentality. We lost just one US Soldier in this massacre. But several innocent women and children were also slaughtered. Their lives mean something too.
No they don't. Our's mean more. You keep saying they are innocent but they are still there supporting ISIS. They aren't innocent. And yes I want a thousand to one ratio of if one of our's dies we kill a thousand of yours. I'd like to bump that to ten thousand. A hundred thousand would be ideal. A million would be a bit closer to my liking.

Again, sick indoctrination mentality. These Yemeni children's lives meant something. They didn't deserve to be brutally slaughtered.

Shit happens.

I'm not for any war. If we are in one though then yes the American's life is worth hundreds of thousands of yours. I want to win.

Bullshite. You're for every war. You've been thoroughly brainwashed on Permanent War.

Look, most of us take issue with collateral damage to property and human life, that's why the U.S.Military tries (unlike many other countries) to avoid or minimize it. But it happens relative often in the heat of battle. However, when enemy combatants hide, and fight, among a civilian population, bad shit gonna happen. There really is no way around it.

American soldiers have died trying to avoid collateral damage.

Sorry, but i can't buy that. Most Americans could care less how many children are murdered in these attacks. They've been indoctrinated to believe that those lives are less 'valuable' than American lives. They've been taught to think of those people as not being human. And that's very sad and disturbing. If Americans were shown the ugly reality, they would likely reconsider this Permanent War agenda.

I disagree. Most Americans wish we could avoid it all together. But they realize that the way of modern warfare, especially against terrorist organization, is such that all we can do is try to minimize it. As I said in my previous post, as long as enemy combatant hide and fight amongst a civilian population, it's nearly impossible to avoid civilian casualties.

We (you) may not like it, hate it even, but the reality is that it is going to happen.
Now if the U.S. was cavalier about civilian casualties, like Russia, we would have a huge problem and the American people wouldn't stand for it.

I, as a veteran, don't like it but I accept that it is a fact of war.

We learned our lesson during WWII where there was indiscriminate bombing of civilians. That's why the Geeva Convention outlawed the practice. That's why the terrorist are breaking international law by hiding in population centers, and that's why, I believe, they do it. They know we won't bomb them up to the stone age while they're there.

The US/West owns the International Court System. When's the last time you saw an American or Westerner tried for War Crimes? Here's a hint, it doesn't happen. Only those deemed 'Enemies' of the US/West are tried for 'War Crimes.' It's a rigged system. The US/West can commit all the atrocities they want. They'll never be held accountable. They own the system for God's sake.

Well, you've just proven you know nothing about veterans, The Uniform Code of Military Justice, or the Geneva Convention. The World Court is a whole different matter. The U.S. is not a signatory of the World Court, therefore it has no jurisdiction here.

As for the Geneva Convention, all civilized countries are signatories. The ones that aren't are third world tyrants and dictators.

How friggin' old are you anyway? Justt one more example of the abysmal state of the American education system.

Look, most of us take issue with collateral damage to property and human life, that's why the U.S.Military tries (unlike many other countries) to avoid or minimize it. But it happens relative often in the heat of battle. However, when enemy combatants hide, and fight, among a civilian population, bad shit gonna happen. There really is no way around it.

Sorry, but i can't buy that. Most Americans could care less how many children are murdered in these attacks. They've been indoctrinated to believe that those lives are less 'valuable' than American lives. They've been taught to think of those people as not being human. And that's very sad and disturbing. If Americans were shown the ugly reality, they would likely reconsider this Permanent War agenda.

I disagree. Most Americans wish we could avoid it all together. But they realize that the way of modern warfare, especially against terrorist organization, is such that all we can do is try to minimize it. As I said in my previous post, as long as enemy combatant hide and fight amongst a civilian population, it's nearly impossible to avoid civilian casualties.

We (you) may not like it, hate it even, but the reality is that it is going to happen.
Now if the U.S. was cavalier about civilian casualties, like Russia, we would have a huge problem and the American people wouldn't stand for it.

We learned our lesson during WWII where there was indiscriminate bombing of civilians. That's why the Geeva Convention outlawed the practice. That's why the terrorist are breaking international law by hiding in population centers, and that's why, I believe, they do it. They know we won't bomb them up to the stone age while they're there.

The US/West owns the International Court System. When's the last time you saw an American or Westerner tried for War Crimes? Here's a hint, it doesn't happen. Only those deemed 'Enemies' of the US/West are tried for 'War Crimes.' It's a rigged system. The US/West can commit all the atrocities they want. They'll never be held accountable. They own the system for God's sake.

Well, you've just proven you know nothing about veterans, The Uniform Code of Military Justice, or the Geneva Convention. The World Court is a whole different matter. The U.S. is not a signatory of the World Court, therefore it has no jurisdiction here.

As for the Geneva Convention, all civilized countries are signatories. The ones that aren't are third world tyrants and dictators.

How friggin' old are you anyway? Justt one more example of the abysmal state of the American education system.

Maybe one day you'll see reality. The US/West owns the International Court System. Only those deemed 'Enemies' of the US/West get tried for War Crimes. If you don't believe me, just provide a list of Americans and Westerners who've been held accountable for war atrocities. I'm open-minded, i'll give you a chance.

Why all the wailing and eulogising for the 3,500 that died in the Twin Towers attack?
They were just collateral damage after all.

Ya know what, Sassy, I am beginning to believe what we have here is a paid trained parrot poster. He thinks repeating the same mantra over and over again is going to convince someone of the "rightness" of his position. He is not viewing this debate through logic, but through emotion.

I am starting think Dschrute3 is female (no offense intended). Either that or a metrosexual liberal.

Why all the wailing and eulogising for the 3,500 that died in the Twin Towers attack?

No, they were murdered. The difference is that the perpetrators INTENTIONALLY targeted civilians.

Maybe one day you'll see reality. The US/West owns the International Court System. Only those deemed 'Enemies' of the US/West get tried for War Crimes. If you don't believe me, just provide a list of Americans and Westerners who've been held accountable for war atrocities. I'm open-minded, i'll give you a chance.

SMH... Western countries have military laws that regulate a soldier's actions. If a soldier does commit an atrocity, or even a simple rape or murder, he is tried and convicted in a military court and sent to prison, and given the death penalty in some cases.

The last American atrocity happened on March 16, 1968 when Company "C" of the 1st Battalion, 20th Infantry Regiment, 11 Brigade, of the 23rd Infantry Division attacked the village of My Lai in Vietnam killing between 347 to 504 civilians. Second Lieutenant William Calley was convicted of 22 murders. On March 31, 1971, Calley was sentenced to life imprisonment and hard labor at Ft. Leavenworth, KS.

Listen, you are beginning to make a fool of yourself by delving into things you know nothing about. It's becoming more and more clear why you take everything you read on a Ron Paul website as gospel. As far as your posting about the civilian deaths in Yemen, that was covered weeks ago by the MSN. Ron Paul is just one step up from Alex Jones, in my opinion. To me, the only thing he is credible with is governmental finance.

Maybe start does a little research before you speak on something you know nothing about. You might to try Wikipedia, of all places. My American Government professor last year accepted it in most cases, with reservations, meaning she usually wanted 3 sources total for corroboration with Wikipedia being one.

Life would be a touch easier if you had a few facts at your disposal instead of presenting emotion.

No, they were murdered. The difference is that the perpetrators INTENTIONALLY targeted civilians.
There are posters on here who believe civilians are legitimate targets or acceptable collateral damage.
Trump believes that civilians are legitimate targets.

If Bin Laden wanted to destroy the Twin Towers then the civilians were just collateral damage.
If he wanted to kill civilians well then they are evidently legitimate targets.

A perspective most Americans aren't exposed to. Yes we did lose a US Soldier, but several others including innocent women and children were also killed in the attack. As Americans, we're indoctrinated to only care about Americans being killed. We're taught that it's only American lives that count. But an American life isn't any more 'valuable' than a Yemeni child's life. We should think about that more often. Maybe more Americans would stop supporting the Endless War agenda?

img_4354_edited-1488831924-e1488833814990.jpg

On January 29, 5-year-old Sinan al Ameri was asleep with his mother, his aunt, and 12 other children in a one-room stone hut typical of poor rural villages in the highlands of Yemen. A little after 1 a.m., the women and children awoke to the sound of a gunfight erupting a few hundred feet away. Roughly 30 members of Navy SEAL Team 6 were storming the eastern hillside of the remote settlement.

According to residents of the village of al Ghayil, in Yemen’s al Bayda province, the first to die in the assault was 13-year-old Nasser al Dhahab. The house of his uncle, Sheikh Abdulraouf al Dhahab, and the building behind it, the home of 65-year-old Abdallah al Ameri and his son Mohammed al Ameri, 38, appeared to be the targets of the US forces, who called in air support as they were pinned down in a nearly hourlong firefight.

With the SEALs taking heavy fire on the lower slopes, attack helicopters swept over the hillside hamlet above. In what seemed to be blind panic, the gunships bombarded the entire village, striking more than a dozen buildings, razing stone dwellings where families slept, and wiping out more than 120 goats, sheep, and donkeys.

Three projectiles tore through the straw and timber roof of the home where Sinan slept. Cowering in a corner, Sinan’s mother, 30-year-old Fatim Saleh Mohsen, decided to flee the bombardment. Grabbing her 18-month-old son and ushering her terrified children into the narrow outdoor passageway between the tightly packed dwellings, she headed into the open...

Read More:
Death in Ghayil
Nice propaganda piece. DEATH TO INFIDELS!

good----the RIGHT people "own" the system. -----

There are posters on here who believe civilians are legitimate targets or acceptable collateral damage.
Trump believes that civilians are legitimate targets.

If Bin Laden wanted to destroy the Twin Towers then the civilians were just collateral damage.
If he wanted to kill civilians well then they are evidently legitimate targets.

There are also posters on USMB that believe the Jews were behind the WTC. So... ? *shrug* That doesn't mean that is the view of the majority.

To try and clarify my position, I posit:

Sub-paragraph (b) of ARTICLE VI of the CHARTER OF THE INTERNATIONAL MILITARY TRIBUNAL of the Nuremberg Principles, August 8, 1945 states:

(b) War Crimes: namely, violations of the laws or customs of war. Such violations shall include, but not be limited to, murder, ill-treatment or deportation to slave labor or for any other purpose of civilian population of or in occupied territory, murder or ill-treatment of prisoners of war or persons on the seas, killing of hostages, plunder of public or private property, wanton destruction of cities, towns, or villages, or devastation not justified by military necessity;

Additionally sub-paragraph (c) states:

(c) Crimes against humanity: namely, murder, extermination, enslavement, deportation, and other inhumane acts committed against any civilian populations, before or during the war; or prosecutions on political, racial or religious grounds in execution of or in connection with any crime within the jurisdiction of the Tribunal, whether or not in violation of the domestic law of the country where perpetrated.

International Law - Bombing of Civilians

Also of note:

In 1977, Protocol I was adopted as an amendment to the Geneva Conventions, prohibiting the deliberate or indiscriminate attack of civilians and civilian objects, even if the area contained military objectives, and the attacking force must take precautions and steps to spare the lives of civilians and civilian objects as possible. However, forces occupying near densely populated areas must avoid locating military objectives near or in densely populated areas and endeavor to remove civilians from the vicinity of military objectives. Failure to do so would cause a higher civilian death toll resulting from bombardment by the attacking force and the defenders would be held responsible, even criminally liable, for these deaths. [...]

Aerial bombardment and international law - Wikipedia
As you can see the World has covered the subject of the OP quite well. The indiscriminate killing of civilians is outlawed be both International Law and Principle

While the wanton killing of civilians and destruction of property is acceptable to some it is still a crime, and those that participate in it can be held accountable in a court of law. Those that advocate for it are wrong in the eyes of humanity.

It would probably be correct to say that most americans never heard of the
country called YEMEN-------or have heard of it but have NO OPINION about
the nature of its population or where it exists on the planet. In general---americans are very sensitive to the DEATHS of children ----in plague or storm or war <<<<
THE REALITY

Forum List

Back