Death panels are here!

koshergrl, need another one?

Baby born with fatal defect dies after removal from life support

Sun's death marks the first time a hospital has been allowed by a U.S. judge to discontinue an infant's life-sustaining care against a parent's wishes, according to bioethical experts. A similar case involving a 68-year-old man in a chronic vegetative state at another Houston hospital is before a court now.

Diapers...or coma?

Oh ouch, the loophole...

"A doctor's recommendation must be approved by a hospital's ethics committee, and the family must be given 10 days from written notice of the decision to try and locate another facility for the patient."

The mom, who was incompetent, could have moved the child to another hospital, if she had had the wherewithal to figure out how. She didn't, though. She was incompetent. So the court stepped in and forced her to kill her baby.

So her incompetence makes this not quite the slam dunk you think it represents. She wasn't considered competent, she wasn't well informed.

Quite different than a case where a man states he doesn't want to die, and the ghouls convene and decide "screw you, you don't have insurance, we aren't going to allow you access treatment".

So, if you were president and congress what laws would you like to see to ensure this doesn't happen again?

Fewer.

But you're clearly not understanding the question.
and so how was it I was not correct?

The question asked is kind of implying, so what about Obamacare the guy wasn't insured.

My question is what is the solution? What should have happened to this guy?
you think he should die?
Of course he does.

You guys are fools.

I think we should have medicare for all and then this guy would have had insurance.

What policy would you like to have been put into place to save him? I'd be shocked if you answered and bonus points for being coherent.
humane ones

Sun's death marks the first time a hospital has been allowed by a U.S. judge to discontinue an infant's life-sustaining care against a parent's wishes, according to bioethical experts. A similar case involving a 68-year-old man in a chronic vegetative state at another Houston hospital is before a court now.

Diapers...or coma?

Oh ouch, the loophole...

"A doctor's recommendation must be approved by a hospital's ethics committee, and the family must be given 10 days from written notice of the decision to try and locate another facility for the patient."

The mom, who was incompetent, could have moved the child to another hospital, if she had had the wherewithal to figure out how. She didn't, though. She was incompetent. So the court stepped in and forced her to kill her baby.

So her incompetence makes this not quite the slam dunk you think it represents. She wasn't considered competent, she wasn't well informed.

Quite different than a case where a man states he doesn't want to die, and the ghouls convene and decide "screw you, you don't have insurance, we aren't going to allow you access treatment".

So, if you were president and congress what laws would you like to see to ensure this doesn't happen again?

I don't believe in making more laws. I believe in abiding by the laws we have..first and foremost that we have the right to life and nobody, not hospitals, not insurance execs, not anyway, has the right to terminate life outside of execution (and I actually don't believe in that either)

I believe in eliminating Obamacare and Medicare.

The question asked is kind of implying, so what about Obamacare the guy wasn't insured.

you think he should die?
Of course he does.

You guys are fools.

I think we should have medicare for all and then this guy would have had insurance.

What policy would you like to have been put into place to save him? I'd be shocked if you answered and bonus points for being coherent.
humane ones

Wow, that really takes the cake. :777:

Like what?

Just pointing out- this happened in Republican controlled Texas, based upon a law passed by the Republican controlled Texas legislature and signed into law by a Republican governor

Eliminate SSI and institutionalize everybody that is on it. Give them an option of going into the institution, or making it on their own..without any funding or snap benefits.

Diapers...or coma?

Oh ouch, the loophole...

I don't believe in making more laws. I believe in abiding by the laws we have..first and foremost that we have the right to life and nobody, not hospitals, not insurance execs, not anyway, has the right to terminate life outside of execution (and I actually don't believe in that either)

RIght, OK. Let me attempt to get through your bullet proof idea here.

Let's say we go ahead and eliminate Obamacare and Medicare, you asked for it and now it's done, we're making progress here, right?

Ok, now this guy is in the hospital, he's dying, he has no insurance and by Texas law the hospital is allowed to pull the plug, what happens next?

Diapers...or coma?

Oh ouch, the loophole...

Do you believe that a medical facility should be forced to provide services to those who cannot afford them?

Diapers...or coma?

Oh ouch, the loophole...

Let's say we go ahead and eliminate Obamacare and Medicare, you asked for it and now it's done, we're making progress here, right?

Ok, now this guy is in the hospital, he's dying, he has no insurance and by Texas law the hospital is allowed to pull the plug, what happens next?

No money, no service...just like every other commodity in the country.

you think he should die?
Of course he does.

You guys are fools.

humane ones

Do you believe that hospitals and medical personnel should be compelled by law to provide goods and services that cannot be paid for by the individual receiving them?

There are no death panels in the conservative plan because this guy would never even see the inside of a hospital with his uninsured ass.

Diapers...or coma?

Oh ouch, the loophole...

No money, no service...just like every other commodity in the country.

Yeah, I'm not really down with that.

Diapers...or coma?

Oh ouch, the loophole...

Bush was president in 2005 when this happened.

He was also the Governor who signed the Texas Law in 1999.

you think he should die?
Of course he does.

You guys are fools.

humane ones

Do you believe that hospitals and medical personnel should be compelled by law to provide goods and services that cannot be paid for by the individual receiving them?

For health care? Yes.

you think he should die?
Of course he does.

You guys are fools.

humane ones

For health care? Yes.

I assumed you did. I want to know if jc does

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

I see none of the diaper/coma kids one have answered this question:

What policies would you enact so that this guy could have gotten health care?

*sigh* I'm trying not to take it personally but then I remember they don't really care about human life after conception.

You poor dependent slave.
The left love killing babies. At least talk factually

Yeah but they taste so damn good.

Now, what would you two actually have done to help people like this who end up in the hospital without insurance?

*sigh* I'm trying not to take it personally but then I remember they don't really care about human life after conception.

A zygote isn’t not a baby .

Cons gut prenatal nutrition programs ! You don’t give a crap about babies . You just are hating on women’s rights .

A zygote isn’t not a baby .

Well, actually it is. And also, a zygote is not what is being aborted. When the baby is still a zygote the woman does not even know she is pregnant, thus there would be no abortion yet.

Forum List

Back