Death penalty is wrong

That's black and white thinking, my friend. War and killing in the line of duty and execution are two different situations.

Killing is a negative act in my religion, especially motivated by hatred or revenge. Is it AOK in yours?

Last edited:
Killing is not positive.

It is when it stops a little girl from enduring the suffering this child had to:

Mary Vincent, Arms sawed off and raped over and over and tortured
:

MARY%20VINCENT%20221973.jpg

Or how about these children:

Jessica Lunsford raped over and over then buried ALIVE

jessica-lunsford.jpg

Adam Walsh Raped, tortured and beheaded

Adam-Walsh.jpg

Polly Klass raped and strangled.

PollyKlaas.png

That's black and white thinking, my friend. War and killing in the line of duty and execution are two different situations.

Killing is a negative act in my religion. Is it AOK in yours?

It is a negative act in your religion but you wish to reward it in bypassing the laws of the land.

Killing in the line of duty as a police officer or a soldier is different than pre-meditated revenge killing.

CaféAuLait;1071226 said:

It is a negative act in your religion but you wish to reward it in bypassing the laws of the land.

I have no interest in 'rewarding' anyone, nor bypassing the law. Geography is the biggest indicator of whether a person will be executed--not the deed.

The consequences differ from state to state and country to country for the same deed.

I don't believe the death penalty helps anything except feed revenge and more violence.

CaféAuLait;1071226 said:

I have no interest in 'rewarding' anyone, nor bypassing the law. Geography is the biggest indicator of whether a person will be executed--not the deed.

The consequences differ from state to state and country to country for the same deed.

I don't believe the death penalty helps anything except feed revenge and more violence.

Really? Wasn’t it you thought a nice spiritual retreat would help these men who torture, murder and rape babies instead of the death penalty they were sentence to.

CaféAuLait;1071237 said:
CaféAuLait;1071226 said:

Really? Wasn’t it you thought a nice spiritual retreat would help these men who torture, murder and rape babies instead of the death penalty they were sentence to.

Nope. That's not what I said at all. You are mistaken, perhaps you misunderstand. I support people on death row or LWOP having spiritual resources available to them.

I don't think they ought to take college classes, have TV priveleges etc. I think they ought to see daylight through a window, and be able to exercise. I think if they abide in solitude for the rest of their lives and reflect on their deeds it's good. If they work for pay and the money goes to victims, I approve that too.

I don't believe in the death penalty. I support LWOP. I have stated that numerous times in this thread.

You're choosing to misrepresent my views. Too much coffee?

Last edited:
As long as "life in prison" means 3 hots and a cot, computers, job training, big screen t.v.s, time to hang out and play in the yard and NOT be in prison for LIFE, then I am for the death penalty.

Now, when "life in prison" means a cot and a hole in the ground in an 8X8 concrete room, no t.v., basic food and water and they never the sky again, then we'll talk.

I'm in favor of putting them in deep spiritual retreat that includes work for pay with the proceeds going to families of the victims. I think they ought to see their teacher, or priest, and have spiritual literature and training.

If they are mentally ill,they should get medication and treatment.

I think they should have some open air exercise and at least a high window for light.

I don't think they should be tortured.

CaféAuLait;1071237 said:

Nope. That's not what I said at all. You are mistaken. I support people on death row or LWOP having spiritual resources available to them.

I don't think they ought to take college classes, have TV priveleges etc. I think they ought to see daylight through a window, and be able to exercise. I think they abide in solitude for the rest of their lives.

I don't believe in the death penalty. I support LWOP. I have stated that numerous times in this thread.

You're choosing to misrepresent my views.

It was you who said you were in favor of and I quote:

"I'm in favor of putting them in deep spiritual retreat that includes work for pay with the proceeds going to families of the victims."

Retreat is exaclty what you said, retreat implies to me easy, nice etc.

So what? Deep spiritual retreat means they are still locked up. They are working to purify their misdeeds through work that benefits the victims and work on their minds which will benefit them and others at the time of their death.

If you think a long term silent retreat is so easy, try one sometime. There's nothing worse than having to hang out with the rot in your head with no distractions.

Last edited:
So what? Deep spiritual retreat means they are still locked up. They are working to purify their misdeeds through work that benefits the victims and work on their minds which will benefit them and others at the time of their death.

If you think a long term silent retreat is so easy, try one sometime. There's nothing worse than having to hang out with the rot in your head with no distractions.

You do not know what will benefit their victim because YOU BELIEVE they are "purifying their misdeeds” ( what a load of hooey) it does not mean that the victim or their family believe the same.

It is YOUR religion not theirs or the victim's or the families. You have no clue what other believe. Some believe in religion and others don’t. Some believe in the Koran and others the Bible and other do not believe in God.

So YOUR spiritual retreat may mean diddly squat to any else. Even in the Bible there are deadly sins, one of the reason there is a hell in religious beliefs.

Bear in mind that that the religious fanatics are the most blood thirsty supporters of the death penalty. These same fanatics also will make sure a Minister, Priest, or Rabbi attneds the execution to pray for him or her. Very compassionite indeed................

Bear in mind that that the religious fanatics are the most blood thirsty supporters of the death penalty. These same fanatics also will make sure a Minister, Priest, or Rabbi attneds the execution to pray for him or her. Very compassionite indeed................

I am neither a religious fanatic nor do I want anyone to give these people their last rights.

When they take a life, they forfeit any and all rights, privileges and compassion.

To be a member of society, there are just certain things you do not do. And if you do them, you forget everything.

Just as they made their victim do.

CaféAuLait;1071299 said:

You do not know what will benefit their victim because YOU BELIEVE they are "purifying their misdeeds” ( what a load of hooey) it does not mean that the victim or their family believe the same.

It is YOUR religion not theirs or the victim's or the families. You have no clue what other believe. Some believe in religion and others don’t. Some believe in the Koran and others the Bible and other do not believe in God.

So YOUR spiritual retreat may mean diddly squat to any else. Even in the Bible there are deadly sins, one of the reason there is a hell in religious beliefs.

No problem. There is no point in talking to you. You're starting to get nasty. This is the religion and ethics forum. Religious beliefs are relevant to the death penalty discussion.

There is no reason to mock my religious beliefs because they happen to differ from yours.

Last edited:
Burp,

You are a very sad person.

Really?

Tell me then, remember that bad guy with the gun who broke into your house? The one who you would do anything to protect your family?

Let's imagine for a moment that he was able to kill your 9 year old child (God forbid) before you could get the gun and stop him. But you don't kill him.

He stands trial and is convicted on one count of Second Degree Murder. He recieves a mandatory life sentence without the possibility of parole for 10-25 years.

Twelve years later, he applies and is granted parole.

Your child would be 21...ready to get married, start a family perhaps. Or be in college with just a couple of years left before possibly becoming a doctor or architect.

But it's not to be. Your child is dead.

And your child's murderer is walking the streets.

This is ok with you?

I'm in favor of putting them in deep spiritual retreat that includes work for pay with the proceeds going to families of the victims. I think they ought to see their teacher, or priest, and have spiritual literature and training.

If they are mentally ill,they should get medication and treatment.

I think they should have some open air exercise and at least a high window for light.

I don't think they should be tortured.

No, they should be taken out and shot. Point blank, right between the eyes. Problem solved.

Forum List

Back