Death Penalty

The mind of a liberal feels bad for the criminal, not the victim.

Yes. Strongly opposed. Why? Because it is stupid to kill someone in order to punish someone for killing. Its hypocritical. It also doesn't bring back the victims - they are still dead. They won't come back. It is pointless killing him because nothing changes.

Also consider his family. His parents who probably love him despite what he has done do not deserve to wait years for him to be put to death. Its cruel. His family has done nothing wrong, yet if Holmes is sentenced to death, you are punishing them simply for being his parents.

Consider HIS family? Of course i feel bad for them....but how about considering all the families of the 12 people he murdered and all that are still critical??

He should get executed...from the story this was planned for quite a while. This wasn't something he just went crazy, grabbed a gun and went into the theater. and how his apartment was all rigged. This man should be put to death....we taxpayers shouldn't have to support him for the rest of his life either.

sad but very very true, we have to have victums' rights groups now, because of it....amazing....Just kill everyone on death row and let the guards beat the crap out of the rest, criminals are pathetic......

Yes, I'm against the death penalty - in this and all cases. It doesn't solve the problem, it doesn't save resources, it doesn't deter future criminals, it doesn't bring back the victims and - most importantly - it grants the state an ultimate and final power I'd prefer they not have.

And while it doesn't seem to apply in this case, too often the state gets it wrong.
So you feel sorry for the idot more than the victims? FRY THE BASTARD!!!!

The mind of a liberal feels bad for the criminal, not the victim.

Consider HIS family? Of course i feel bad for them....but how about considering all the families of the 12 people he murdered and all that are still critical??

He should get executed...from the story this was planned for quite a while. This wasn't something he just went crazy, grabbed a gun and went into the theater. and how his apartment was all rigged. This man should be put to death....we taxpayers shouldn't have to support him for the rest of his life either.

sad but very very true, we have to have victums' rights groups now, because of it....amazing....Just kill everyone on death row and let the guards beat the crap out of the rest, criminals are pathetic......

I don't believe in the death penalty but hell, if we are going to have it; make it as quick, painful, and un-dainty as possible. Put another way, if we're going to have a death penalty, the family of the condemned should never ever be able to have an open casket funeral.

In the movie Red Corner, the attorney who defended Richard Gere told him that in China what they do is murder the condemned then send a bill to the family for the bullet.
If we're going to have executions; we should do that.

Yes, I'm against the death penalty - in this and all cases. It doesn't solve the problem, it doesn't save resources, it doesn't deter future criminals, it doesn't bring back the victims and - most importantly - it grants the state an ultimate and final power I'd prefer they not have.

And while it doesn't seem to apply in this case, too often the state gets it wrong.

And yet not a single verifiable case of an innocent person being executed.

Courts don't spend much time hearing appeals of those who are already dead.

So you feel sorry for the idot more than the victims? FRY THE BASTARD!!!!

It takes an amazing inability to read plain English in order to interpret my statement as you did.

Is he insane? If so, no death penalty.

If he believes himself to be The Joker, the DP is off the table.

I don't give a damn if he did think he was the Joker. This was not just some guy who snapped. He methodically planned this over a period of months.

It is the only certain way to prevent the person from murdering again.

Another study with consensus, do liberals ever look at logic and real world. Why do states with the harshest punishments ahve the lowest crime rates? hmmmmmmm.....but hey 3 out of 4 dentists agree crest is the best toothpaste, so it must be true!!!!!!!!!!!!
Eighty-eight percent of the country’s top criminologists do not believe the death penalty acts as a deterrent to homicide, according to a new study published in the Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology and authored by Professor Michael Radelet, Chair of the Department of Sociology at the University of Colorado-Boulder, and Traci Lacock, also at Boulder.

I have a better stat and I am not a criminologist. 100% of those who are executed for murder are permanently deterred from committing another homicide.

Stand-down, Bubblehead.

This is a subject for Adults.....

106.gif

No kidding...go back to the kiddie table, criminal lover!

Please don't quote Shaman! I have him/her on ignore!! Lol! Only one of two that are there! :)

He is one of three on my ignore list, but the other two quit posting.

I'm against the death penalty, it lets the scumbags off too easy.
I agree. Another reason why I am against the death sentence is because I wonder what the Lord thinks about it when one of his commandments is about killing. Just because one person goes and does it doesn't mean that the rest of us can either unless it is in self defense of course.

Another reason why I don't go for the death sentence is that its over and done with too fast. Once the person is gone, they are gone. To me if what they are guilty of is bad enough, they should be made to suffer down here for what they did and if they want the Hell that they are put through to eventually end bad enough, then my advice to them would be this: Get right with the Lord, or get ready to burn for the rest of all eternity.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I'm against the death penalty, it lets the scumbags off too easy.
I agree. Another reason why I am against the death sentence is because I wonder what the Lord thinks about it when one of his commandments is about killing. Just because one person goes and does it doesn't mean that the rest of us can either unless it is in self defense of course.

Another reason why I don't go for the death sentence is that its over and done with too fast. Once the person is gone, they are gone. To me if what they are guilty of is bad enough, they should be made to suffer down here for what they did and if they want the Hell that they are put through to eventually end bad enough, then my advice to them would be this: Get right with the Lord, or get ready to burn for the rest of all eternity.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Yes, once they're gone, they're gone, and good riddance to bad rubbish. Look over a few DP cases. Not every convicted murderer gets the DP. The ones who get it are the worst of the worst.

Locking them in prison is also a good way to stop them from killing.

No it isn't, as experience shows.

So are you against the Death Penalty for the piece of shit "Joker" in Colorado?

I'd like to get your explanation if so...

Depends what your rationalization for it is.

If you are arguing it as a deterrent, then that's laughable. The DP has no deterrent effect.

If you are aruging that death is the only penalty that can express our outrage as a society, that's a different matter.

HOlmes probably won't get the Death Penalty for the same reason his fictional counterpart never does. He's insane.

So are you against the Death Penalty for the piece of shit "Joker" in Colorado?

I'd like to get your explanation if so...

Depends what your rationalization for it is.

If you are arguing it as a deterrent, then that's laughable. The DP has no deterrent effect.

If you are aruging that death is the only penalty that can express our outrage as a society, that's a different matter.

HOlmes probably won't get the Death Penalty for the same reason his fictional counterpart never does. He's insane.

The death penalty doesn't have as much deterrent effect as it could and should have because bleeding heart liberals have mucked it up. You've got inmates sitting on Death Row for so long that by the time they are executed, everybody has forgotten who they are and what they did.

Executions are done privately instead of publicly so nobody gets to see it. Do them publicly and show news footage of it so that would-be murderers get to see the consequences.

Oh, the humanity! Instead of hanging them, or execution by firing squad, electric chair, guillotine, etc. they sedate them and give them a little injection to stop their heart. Show them the same "humanity" they showed their victims and it begins to become an effective deterrent.

If a life sentence meant that prisoners did not also have to be treated humanely the DP would not be necessary.

If a life sentence meant that prisoners did not also have to be treated humanely the DP would not be necessary.

They've got TV, internet, can get their high school diploma, a college education, gymnasium, exercise equipment, 3 hots and a cot, and medical care. The only bad part is the buttsecks.

Excellent point.

Forum List

Back