Debate 1: What Was the Most Important Point Made ?

This question should bring quite variety of responses. Lots of issues are out there, and quite a few were covered (although I would say insufficiently).

My choice for the Most Important Point Made is that Hillary Clinton has been part of the federal government for 20 years, and look at the mess that we have. Back in the early 90s as First Lady, she helped author NAFTA, the worst destruction of US jobs in our history. Simultaneously, and all through her 20 years, she supported DOMESTIC outsourcing (AKA immigration), and still does, taking millions of jobs away from Americans, reducing wages, robbing US businesses of (currently) $133 Billion in sales (due to remittances), massive tax revenue losses to welfare, bringing additional crime and foreign diseases into the country, and a long list of other harms.

As Sect of State in 2009-2013, , with a Muslim Brotherhood close aide, (Huma Abedin), the US govt went through a period of amazing friendship with the Muslim Brotherhood, an organization sworn to destroy America, and all of Western civilization. Those resulted in a long list of policies that were pro- Muslim Brotherhood, and anti USA.

Also during this time, in 2011, US troops were removed from Iraq, opening up the vacuum that allowed ISIS to move in. Not taking the Iraqi oil, allowed ISIS to quickly grow and strengthen, into what is now the worst threat (nuclear and EMP) that America has ever faced. Making matters worse, she now wants to allow in hundreds of thousands of immigrants from the Middle East, which is sure to have the ISIS "Trojan Horse" among them (a point that Trump badly needed to make and strangely didn't).
The fact that every one of her employees had to take the 5th to avoid incriminating themselves.

This question should bring quite variety of responses. Lots of issues are out there, and quite a few were covered (although I would say insufficiently).

My choice for the Most Important Point Made is that Hillary Clinton has been part of the federal government for 20 years, and look at the mess that we have. Back in the early 90s as First Lady, she helped author NAFTA, the worst destruction of US jobs in our history. Simultaneously, and all through her 20 years, she supported DOMESTIC outsourcing (AKA immigration), and still does, taking millions of jobs away from Americans, reducing wages, robbing US businesses of (currently) $133 Billion in sales (due to remittances), massive tax revenue losses to welfare, bringing additional crime and foreign diseases into the country, and a long list of other harms.

As Sect of State in 2009-2013, , with a Muslim Brotherhood close aide, (Huma Abedin), the US govt went through a period of amazing friendship with the Muslim Brotherhood, an organization sworn to destroy America, and all of Western civilization. Those resulted in a long list of policies that were pro- Muslim Brotherhood, and anti USA.

Also during this time, in 2011, US troops were removed from Iraq, opening up the vacuum that allowed ISIS to move in. Not taking the Iraqi oil, allowed ISIS to quickly grow and strengthen, into what is now the worst threat (nuclear and EMP) that America has ever faced. Making matters worse, she now wants to allow in hundreds of thousands of immigrants from the Middle East, which is sure to have the ISIS "Trojan Horse" among them (a point that Trump badly needed to make and strangely didn't).
The best point I heard came from Trump and the point was that we as a nation have pissed away 6 trillion dollars on reshaping the Middle East.

We are not even close to being done.
are you ever going to present us with the lies you claim hillary told last night? I mean you did claim that she lied more than donald.
Present Hillary lies ? HA HA. What could be easier ?.

1 Let's start with her opening statement. She asserted that the nation needs to “finally guarantee equal pay for equal work” for women". Give us a break. The notion that women on average do not receive the same pay as men — the 77-cents-to-a-dollar myth — has been proven false repeatedly. This is yet another example of information-deprived liberals running around half-cocked, thinking they know something. They simply don't know how ignorant they are. They need to expand their media exposure from only their liberal OMISSION media.

2. Since the campaign has begun, Hillary has changed her long-standing support for TPP. She now claims to be against it. HA HA/ So all of a sudden (now that we're in an election year) she dislikes it, huh ? In the debate, she said she “hoped it would be good deal.” CBS News wacked her on it, by showing a 2012 clip of her (looking weird in a long, black dress and a tight pony tail) calling TPP the "gold standard of trade deals."

3. She claimed ""slashing taxes on the wealthy hasn't worked." thus presenting the general idea that Republicans are for slashing taxes on the wealthy, when in fct Obama's taxes on the wealthy are far lower (39%) than 3 previous Republican presidents (Nixon & Ford - 70%, Eisenhower - 91%)

4. When they talked about repatriation of US businesses back to the US, Trump mentioned that he proposed to lower the corporate tax rate ( a major factor in business relocations) Hillary popped off with this >> ""We've looked at your tax proposals. I don't see changes in the corporate tax rates … you're referring to what would cause the repatriation." The FACT is (long posted in Trump's website) the position is a reduction of the corporate tax from 35% to 15% (10% less than China) She lied.

5. She asserted that "my husband did a pretty good job in the 1990s." Clinton, like all Democrats, loves to take credit for the financial stability of her husband's presidency. Of course, it was the Republican-controlled Congress led by Newt Gingrich that blocked Clinton's desired spending measures, and balanced the budget.

6. She claimed that in being party to the Iran deal, she helped "put the lid on Iran's nuclear program." Wow. What a whopper that was. The "deal" guarantees no such thing. It rests entirely on Iran's acting in good faith and upholding its end of the bargain. (which is about as likely as the Tampa Bay Rays winning the World Series.) :rolleyes:

7. When Trump defended the use of stop-and-frisk policies in New York City, Clinton attacked those policies as unconstitutional and asserted, "It was uneffective. It did not do what it needed to do" This is simply false.

8. Clinton's most egregious lies were two concerned with emails. "I made a mistake using a private email," she said. Of course, she didn't use a "private email." She used multiple private email servers. The word "mistake" implies that Clinton didn't know she was doing anything wrong, a claim belied entirely by the fact that so many of her aides and associates pleaded the Fifth or were granted immunity by the FBI (a fact pointed out by Trump)— not to mention that many of them engaged in the destruction of evidence and that she herself made false exculpatory statements.

9. She claimed that "Donald publicly invited Putin to hack into Americans." FALSE! The truth, as is obvious from the context of his words, is that Trump was calling on the Russians to release Clinton's missing emails in the event that they already had them.

Hillary, once again, has repeatedly proved her complete disregard for the truth, and willingness to lie to the American people, even in a forum as important as a presidential debate. his woman is as pathological liar as anyone who has ever lived.

Next, we could talk about her long HISTORY of lies (and those are just the ones she was caught on).
how about the 'gold standard' lie on the TPP

"TRUMP: You called it the gold standard of trade deals. You said it's the finest deal you've ever seen.

CLINTON: No.

TRUMP: And then you heard what I said about it, and all of a sudden you were against it.

CLINTON: Well, Donald, I know you live in your own reality, but that is not the facts. The facts are -- I did say I hoped it would be a good deal, but when it was negotiated..."

the speech was November 5, 2012.

"This TPP sets the gold standard in trade agreements to open free, transparent, fair trade, the kind of environment that has the rule of law and a level playing field. And when negotiated, this agreement will cover 40 percent of the world's total trade and build in strong protections for workers and the environment."

Remarks at Techport Australia
you are right. she absolutely tried to add a caveat to her previously full-throated support of tpp.

was there anything else? @protectionists post does not seem to understand that his differing opinion does not make clinton's opinions lies
well I'm sure if it really mattered, I could go and look for more. For me, that gold standard one is a great one. She said it, she knows she said it and she lied. So did Trump. It's what they do on a debate. The fact is, she was for the TPP as Secretary of State. All Donald's lies were him as a businessman. He didn't represent a country. I find lying from a position of power like Secretary of State is unacceptable. Where are the 33K emails? Why didn't Holt ask her? I just read a blog that suggests she and Holt had secret hand signals to attack Trump. The Mic was rigged to provide that breathing annoyance, he wasn't doing it afterward? hmmmmmm. I trust no libturd, ever, they are evil scum buckets. And are power hungry. Trump was right about her 10 years of service and the lack of making any changes she promises today. Oh, yeah a campaign season. LOL. She's scum and murderer, never forget Benghazi even though comrade Holt did.

Last edited:

The best point I heard came from Trump and the point was that we as a nation have pissed away 6 trillion dollars on reshaping the Middle East.

and he gave no plan to change that
what do you mean. he spoke about that all night, he wants those nations to pay for our services. are you deaf, can't you read transcripts? wtf is wrong with you. liar.
but he gave no plan or framework for how that would work. saying he wants to turn our military into a mercenary force is one thing - but he never explained how it would work
why would he tip his hand? You think giving the enemy your strategy is smart? Really, look at ISIS today after giving them Iraq. Hitlery did this just as Trump has pointed out. repeatedly.

do you even understand what strategy is? Why do pitchers and catchers hold their gloves over their mouths when talking? are you really that unintelligent?

Last edited:

The fact that every one of her employees had to take the 5th to avoid incriminating themselves.
people who make their salary off of our backs.Again, Trump spot on. disgraceful and all hers.

I wonder how many people understood those comments.

1. Unemployment ? The only people getting jobs over th epast 10 years are FOREIGNERS (mnay of them illegal aliens, with Democrat assistance)
Employed, Foreign Born
Annual average 2006: 22,225,000
August 2016: 26,134,000
Change of +3,909,000

Employed, Native Born
Annual average 2006: 122,202,000
August 2016: 125,670,000
Change of +3,468,000

2. Sorry. wages don't go higher when you flood the country with low wage foreigners. Don't make us laugh.
The typical take home pay (often called "median income" by the Census Bureau) is about the same today as it was 20 years ago, once you adjust for inflation.
Median income is that level of total income (not just wages, not just take home pay) where as many households make more as make fewer. According to Table A-4 (excel file) of Census' Income and Poverty in 1995, median income was $52,664 and in 2015 it was $56,516

The reality is wage growth is only 2.5% a year. As Sharon Stark of D.A. Davidson notes, normally when unemployment is this low, wage growth should be humming along at about 4% a year.
Wage growth is slow, but it is there.

4. Only 62.7% of adult Americans are working. The so-called Labor Force Participation rate hasn't been this low since the late 1970s.
Labor Force Participation is Employed plus Unemployed as a percent of the population. That's at 62.9%
The Employment-Population ration is the % working: 59.8%
What you fail to mention is that the Participation rate went steadily up from 1948 (the earliest available data) until 2000, and has been going down since then. While the lowest since 1978, it's higher than anytime before then.

fredgraph.png

About 2.1 million Americans have been unable to get a job for over half a year. These Long-term unemployed are roughly double the number of long-term unemployed than in normal times.
True, but considering the height was 6.8 million in 2010 and it had never ever been higher than 3 million, you can't really compare current to "normal.
In June 1983 long term unemployed hit a then-record high of 2.9 million, which then dropped to 624,000 by February 1990
All these figures are thrown OFF by the inclusion of foreign workers. Illegal aliens wirking in the US are not American workers. they are workers of their resprctive countries (Mexico, China, India, etc)
How is the number of native born workers thrown off by including foreign workers, when it doesn't include foreign workers? Note that many of the foreign born are naturalized U.S. citizens and so ARE American workers. And foreign born workers are not workers of their native country as the production takes place in the U.S. and therefore contributes to the U.S. economy.

But in any case population, labor force, employment, unemployment, not in the labor force, education, age of native vs foreign born are all available.
Duration of unemployment is not.

1. Unemployment ? The only people getting jobs over th epast 10 years are FOREIGNERS (mnay of them illegal aliens, with Democrat assistance)
Employed, Foreign Born
Change of +3,909,000

Employed, Native Born
Change of +3,468,000

2. Sorry. wages don't go higher when you flood the country with low wage foreigners. Don't make us laugh.
The typical take home pay (often called "median income" by the Census Bureau) is about the same today as it was 20 years ago, once you adjust for inflation.
Median income is that level of total income (not just wages, not just take home pay) where as many households make more as make fewer. According to Table A-4 (excel file) of Census' Income and Poverty in 1995, median income was $52,664 and in 2015 it was $56,516

The reality is wage growth is only 2.5% a year. As Sharon Stark of D.A. Davidson notes, normally when unemployment is this low, wage growth should be humming along at about 4% a year.

4. Only 62.7% of adult Americans are working. The so-called Labor Force Participation rate hasn't been this low since the late 1970s.
Labor Force Participation is Employed plus Unemployed as a percent of the population. That's at 62.9%
What you fail to mention is that the Participation rate went steadily up from 1948 (the earliest available data) until 2000, and has been going down since then. While the lowest since 1978, it's higher than anytime before then.

fredgraph.png

About 2.1 million Americans have been unable to get a job for over half a year. These Long-term unemployed are roughly double the number of long-term unemployed than in normal times.
True, but considering the height was 6.8 million in 2010 and it had never ever been higher than 3 million, you can't really compare current to "normal.
In June 1983 long term unemployed hit a then-record high of 2.9 million, which then dropped to 624,000 by February 1990
All these figures are thrown OFF by the inclusion of foreign workers. Illegal aliens wirking in the US are not American workers. they are workers of their resprctive countries (Mexico, China, India, etc)
How is the number of native born workers thrown off by including foreign workers, when it doesn't include foreign workers? Note that many of the foreign born are naturalized U.S. citizens and so ARE American workers. And foreign born workers are not workers of their native country as the production takes place in the U.S. and therefore contributes to the U.S. economy.

But in any case population, labor force, employment, unemployment, not in the labor force, education, age of native vs foreign born are all available.
huh? could you rewrite in english?

The silent admission of Donald Trump that he does not pay any federal tax was a crushing accusation and that he calls this being clever is disgusting. The man is a leach. One has to wonder how many Republicans are just like him as freeloaders in the home of the brave.

The silent admission of Donald Trump that he does not pay any federal tax was a crushing accusation and that he calls this being clever is disgusting. The man is a leach. One has to wonder how many Republicans are just like him as freeloaders in the home of the brave.
so tax laws are very funny and one has to be careful when one discusses taxes. Does Donald buy merchandise in this country? Homes, businesses? he pays taxes on all of that. Do you deny?

How about money earned? Do you know all the laws around how tax is paid for money not earned? Income Tax refers to income. If he has no salary, he makes no income, therefore, he would pay no income taxes. No when you talk about his earnings, then he is entitled to use deductions, and his deductions, his losses may be more than his earnings. Why the fk does that bother you? you think Hitlery pays all her taxes?

so tax laws are very funny and one has to be careful when one discusses taxes. Does Donald buy merchandise in this country? Homes, businesses? he pays taxes on all of that. Do you deny?

How about money earned? Do you know all the laws around how tax is paid for money not earned? Income Tax refers to income. If he has no salary, he makes no income, therefore, he would pay no income taxes. No when you talk about his earnings, then he is entitled to use deductions, and his deductions, his losses may be more than his earnings. Why the fk does that bother you? you think Hitlery pays all her taxes?
I have nothing but disrespect for tax dodgers whether they are boastful individuals or wealthy corporations.

nonsense. he uses the laws. If my accountant didn't use the legal methods at his disposal to minimize my taxes I'd find another one. It's what he's supposed to do.

and the implication that this is 'republicans' is absurd. There are many people, and massive corporations, that dodge the hell out of taxes and if you think that's just republicans I've got a bridge to sell you. I don't think it should be allowed, especially when it comes to huge corporations, but the laws should be changed. However, those laws won't be because those same rich as 'freeloaders" own DC lock, stock and barrel.

Will those laws be changed under Trump? not likely, IMO, and certainly not under Clinton, who never saw a checkbook she didn't like. Her lips say otherwise, but I think it's nothing but election season lip service, as are her statements on opposing TPP.

Washington corruption created these laws. Washington corruption will continue to perpetuate these laws. That some rich guy uses those laws shouldn't be any sort of surprise to anyone....

I have nothing but disrespect for tax dodgers whether they are boastful individuals or wealthy corporations.
the entire country is filled with tax dodgers, mostly democrats. ask Obama how many of his nominees didn't pay taxes. Al Sharpton, doesn't pay taxes. wow, openly proud of it as well.

Employed, Foreign Born
Change of +3,909,000

Employed, Native Born
Change of +3,468,000

fredgraph.png

I'll try. Protectionist was claiming that ALL the figures I was using were thrown off by the inclusion of foreign workers. But some of the figures I was using were specifically about native born workers. Which means his claim was that the number of employed native born workers was thrown off by its inclusion of foreign born workers. Which is obviously nonsense.
Since his concern is Americans, I pointed out that a lot of data, such as labor force status, race, age, and education are available for native and foreign born separately.

what do you mean. he spoke about that all night, he wants those nations to pay for our services. are you deaf, can't you read transcripts? wtf is wrong with you. liar.
but he gave no plan or framework for how that would work. saying he wants to turn our military into a mercenary force is one thing - but he never explained how it would work
why would he tip his hand? You think giving the enemy your strategy is smart? Really, look at ISIS today after giving them Iraq. Hitlery did this just as Trump has pointed out. repeatedly.

do you even understand what strategy is? Why do pitchers and catchers hold their gloves over their mouths when talking? are you really that unintelligent?
you realize that we aren't asking for specific troop movements or strike times.

we want a broad, general strategy. trump has supplied nothing - except the claim that he has a secret plan that he later said 'the generals' would formulate in the first 30 days of his administration.

he doesn't have a plan. he doesn't study, doesn't prepare. he doesn't have an answer or a grasp of the issues

Employed, Foreign Born
Change of +3,909,000

Employed, Native Born
Change of +3,468,000

fredgraph.png

I'll try. Protectionist was claiming that ALL the figures I was using were thrown off by the inclusion of foreign workers. But some of the figures I was using were specifically about native born workers. Which means his claim was that the number of employed native born workers was thrown off by its inclusion of foreign born workers. Which is obviously nonsense.
Since his concern is Americans, I pointed out that a lot of data, such as labor force status, race, age, and education are available for native and foreign born separately.
he stated illegal workers, not foreign workers born in the US.

nonsense. he uses the laws. If my accountant didn't use the legal methods at his disposal to minimize my taxes I'd find another one. It's what he's supposed to do. ...
Why am I not surprised?

you realize that we aren't asking for specific troop movements or strike times.

we want a broad, general strategy. trump has supplied nothing - except the claim that he has a secret plan that he later said 'the generals' would formulate in the first 30 days of his administration.

he doesn't have a plan. he doesn't study, doesn't prepare. he doesn't have an answer or a grasp of the issues
well does he have access to incorporate a plan? I mean, are you saying you wouldn't take the advice of your generals and use their input to devise such a plan? I mean, it's what he stated he'd do. What else do you need if not what you wrote? Carpet bombing? I'm good with that. he said that. he said he'd bring in syber experts, real experts to combat syber offenses. Again, not sure you can get what you want from Hitlery. What's hers? I haven't heard hers? Why aren't you asking her for the same thing?

nonsense. he uses the laws. If my accountant didn't use the legal methods at his disposal to minimize my taxes I'd find another one. It's what he's supposed to do. ...
Why am I not surprised?
about what? that he uses the laws? Are you serious? dude, that makes no sense. now you're just being a douche.

Why am I not surprised?

because, despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary, you have a firm grasp on reality?

Why am I not surprised?
about what? that he uses the laws? Are you serious? dude, that makes no sense. now you're just being a douche.
I have nothing more to say to you.

Forum List

Back