🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Democracy: Yes or No

65% of Americans support legal weed.

How can a "democracy" still have weed "illegal?"
nice stat pulled out of your ass. I love it, there is absolutely no shame with you fks. And yet 65% are against smoking. how does that all fit your puzzle?

nice stat pulled out of your ass. I love it, there is absolutely no shame with you fks. And yet 65% are against smoking. how does that all fit your puzzle?
That is pretty close to poll numbers and it is increasing..
well which is it, not smoking or smoking? it contradicts the standing.

Donald Trump's feud with Congress puts American democracy on the brink - CNNPolitics

For those, many who post on this message board, it seems they oppose universal suffrage and would prefer that only an elite should be eligible to vote.
Your first two sentences defy all logic, begging the question as to why you even continued.

We could just as easily say "Congress's feud with President Trump puts American Democracy on the brink" and be much more accurate.

The terms "universal suffrage" and "elite" have no context or meaning. If by "elite" you mean actual US Citizen, then yes, that is without question. When an illegal alien votes in a Federal election, it is grounds for deportation under Federal law.

So bottom line, just another thread by a TDS patient.

That is pretty close to poll numbers and it is increasing..
well which is it, not smoking or smoking? it contradicts the standing.
Idk really since I will smoke it whether it's legal or not...

then why do you need a driver's license or passport to fly?
Because The State has stolen your right to freely travel and sold it back to you as a privilege.
right? who said you have a right to board a plane? what amendment is that in?
You have a right to contract....Your plane ticket is a contract.
no, I have an opportunity. there is no right. nope,
Yes, there is....If there is no inherent right to free travel, and you need permission to freely contract with people who wish to facilitate that travel, then you are just a meat puppet owned by The State.

Q. Why attack CNN, why not respond rationally and consider the points I made with some thought and not echo Limbaugh.
American isnt a democracy,,,,

What are we than?
we are a republic. you should learn what our country is before you start supporting stupid people. just saying, you look pathetic.

Half correct, we are a democratic republic. See post #23
all wrong,,,

we are a representative republic,,,,

Republic: "a state in which supreme power is held by the people and their elected representatives, and which has an elected or nominated president rather than a monarch"
and is what this country is. why did you post it was a democracy if you knew this?

You seem to be for each and every "law" that restricts freedom. 89% of Americans are opposed to having a biological male as First Lady, but there Michael Robinson was for 8 years....

Gallup poll is at 66%

General Social Survey March 2018 61%
Registered Republicans scored 54% in that poll

So, calm down with the rhetoric. It is a fair fact to notice, that the elected officials do not represent the people, they represent who funds them...

More food for thought:

Donald Trump's feud with Congress puts American democracy on the brink - CNNPolitics

For those, many who post on this message board, it seems they oppose universal suffrage and would prefer that only an elite should be eligible to vote.

For a long while some posters have denied we are a democratic republic, and prefer to use constitutional republic, some seek to overturn the 17th Amendment and some would require only property owners the right to vote.

Even the Supreme Court has watered down democracy in the two Citizen's United decisions and overturned a key provision of the Voting Rights Act to combat racial discrimination in voting.

"We have met the enemy and he is us"
Pogo

What ever happened to noblesse oblige: " the inferred responsibility of privileged people to act with generosity and nobility toward those less privileged."
/——/ “For those, many who post on this message board, it seems they oppose universal suffrage and would prefer that only an elite should be eligible to vote.”
Sorry I can’t access my famous Strawman argument meme for your idiotic statement.

then why do you need a driver's license or passport to fly?
Because The State has stolen your right to freely travel and sold it back to you as a privilege.
Yes, there is....If there is no inherent right to free travel, and you need permission to freely contract with people who wish to facilitate that travel, then you are just a meat puppet owned by The State.
no there isn't. just plain wrong. there is no right. there is a mandate to show who you are if you show up with a ticket, that's it. You have an obligation to obey the rules of the FAA or get tossed into jail. That is a choice! but there is absolutely no right to fly. If there was, it would be free.

American isnt a democracy,,,,
It is at the local level...
no its not,,,they are also restrained by the constitution,,,
Not the federal constitution and if the taxes I pay that I vote for at the local level is not democracy then just file it under a junta...
so locals can throw out the 5th amendment and execute you for stealing without a trial???

I dont think so,,,

no there isn't. just plain wrong. there is no right. there is a mandate to show who you are if you show up with a ticket, that's it. You have an obligation to obey the rules of the FAA or get tossed into jail. That is a choice! but there is absolutely no right to fly. If there was, it would be free.
Then you are a meat puppet owned by The State.

Comply or suffer the ire of your betters!

Poor, poor slave.

More food for thought:

For a long while some posters have denied we are a democratic republic, and prefer to use constitutional republic, some seek to overturn the 17th Amendment and some would require only property owners the right to vote.

Even the Supreme Court has watered down democracy in the two Citizen's United decisions and overturned a key provision of the Voting Rights Act to combat racial discrimination in voting.

Pogo

What ever happened to noblesse oblige: " the inferred responsibility of privileged people to act with generosity and nobility toward those less privileged."

I propose that only those with some skin in the game be allowed to vote. But that's not bought with money, it's bought by serving your country by fulfilling a mandatory period of conscription that begins upon graduation from high school. If you're not willing to serve the nation then why should you be allowed a voice in how it's run? You'd have a choice of either two years military serve of four years non military in a CCC like outfit. Everyone that's able goes to boot camp. It applies universally to everyone regardless of gender, race, Creed, social status or wealth. No service = no vote.
Why? Because my Mom wouldn't like that idea..

Int that case piss on you and your mom. You have the choice of serving or not voting. It's not like you're gonna be forced at gun point to go into the military like it was at one time almost.

Then you are a meat puppet owned by The State.

Comply or suffer the ire of your betters!

Poor, poor slave.
naw, now you're just acting out cause you can't get your way over what I posted. facts are just facts. every citizen has a right to have a gun, you don't have to buy one to use it. nor does one need to show IDs to use one. rights are given. Opportunities provided based on technology don't imply rights. everyone can ride a train, it's your right to ride one or not, just like a plane. do you have to show ID's to get on? nope. one can ride a metra into town everyday of your life and not need to show an ID. so? your point is irrelevant.

More food for thought:

Pogo

You know less about government than AOC! First, we're a Republic, not a democracy. Second, the Executive Branch can tell Congress to pound sand. Third, the Mueller "No Collusion No Obstruction" report is available to any fucking Congressional nitwit who wants to read it in its UNREDACTED ENTIRETY!

Progressive Jihadists DO NOT get to invent an imaginary "Constitutional crisis" because Barr follows the law and cannot release grand jury testimony

1348488761322-smiley_rofl.gif

Forum List

Back