Democrat motive for $15 minimum wage?

Everyone should know that this will reduce the number of entry level/low skill jobs, so what is the Democrat motive for a $15/hr minimum wage?

The answer is that this is exactly the result they want: Fewer people working and more people dependent on government programs.

Guess how they will vote?
I don’t support a nation wide $15 an hour bill however if you want to know the dems motivation behind the policy it is very simple. They want people to be able to make a livable wage and not have to work multiple jobs or work full time and still be in poverty. A healthy free market should show wage increases to keep up with living costs however our system is not very healthy so things are going to start being regulated by the government. This is unfortunate but it’s the truth.
Not really. I realize that the left likes to think that they're altruistic and caring, but they really are not.

Mario Cuomo said Reagan made blaming the poor acceptable. he was a good orator. Darn it.
Mario's son built the family a bridge with tax payer money, I suppose it was because Mario wasn't around to speak up for them.
It had to be done and Mario Cuomo is deserving. He didn't want to be president, he liked governor of New York baby LOL the empire state. Darn it.

Everyone should know that this will reduce the number of entry level/low skill jobs, so what is the Democrat motive for a $15/hr minimum wage?

The answer is that this is exactly the result they want: Fewer people working and more people dependent on government programs.

I don’t support a nation wide $15 an hour bill however if you want to know the dems motivation behind the policy it is very simple. They want people to be able to make a livable wage and not have to work multiple jobs or work full time and still be in poverty. A healthy free market should show wage increases to keep up with living costs however our system is not very healthy so things are going to start being regulated by the government. This is unfortunate but it’s the truth.
Not really. I realize that the left likes to think that they're altruistic and caring, but they really are not.
Actually they are and you should worry about your reception in the afterlife with your blame the poor attitude, brainwashed functional moron.

Mario Cuomo said Reagan made blaming the poor acceptable. he was a good orator. Darn it.
Mario's son built the family a bridge with tax payer money, I suppose it was because Mario wasn't around to speak up for them.
Actually, he had nothing to do with it

But Mario is well deserving of the honor

It had to be done and Mario Cuomo is deserving. He didn't want to be president, he liked governor of New York baby LOL the empire state. Darn it.
You've got quite the imagination
You have quite the brainwash, super duper. I bet you believe the rich pay more than their share of taxes and Hillary Clinton is a criminal setter etcetera etcetera. The real world of Journalism and law enforcement think you are nuts. Google the only tax graph you need to know and read it. Fact.

You've got quite the imagination
You have quite the brainwash, super duper. I bet you believe the rich pay more than their share of taxes and Hillary Clinton is a criminal setter etcetera etcetera. The real world of Journalism and law enforcement think you are nuts. Google the only tax graph you need to know and read it. Fact.

Sure, the real world of Journalism is pretty fuc*ed up, with law enforcement not too far behind....dumbass.

That's now how it works, genius. When you artificially raise the minimum wage, all prices must go up to now cover the expense of the artificially raised 15$ an hour, essentially wiping out any gain for the raise......on top of that, low level workers get their hours cut, to cover the cost of having to pay entry level workers $15 dollars an hour....

So no one get helped, everyone gets hurt.

Wages increased under Trump....because the economy is booming, businesses have to get people to work for them instead of other people.......so they have to pay higher wages...
The minimum wage is being artificially held down by a Congress that refuses to act.
Minimum wage increases in the past di

Answer is simple

Minimum wage has not been raised in ten years. $15 will just begin to recoup lost spending power

Minimum wage has not been raised in ten years.

Why should it have been?

Because inflation has gone up and taxpayers have to support those who make substandard wages

Because inflation has gone up

So what? Why are unskilled workers worth more?

taxpayers have to support those who make substandard wages

Taxpayers would spend more to support them if their wages were hiked above their worth.
Yeah screw the poor and the working class! LOL

Get them all fired, think of all the money we'll save!!!

Why not?

$15 is not enough I say $20.

Heck, lets make it $50. A 16 year old making snow cone can bring home 90k/yr. Seems like a great idea. What could possibly go wrong. According to what I have read in this thread, corporations could pay it and it wouldn't negatively affect anything.
Cut back on managerial salaries....only in America you find those huge gaps between top management and the entry levels. No one deserves $12 mil a year. Or a 100 mil compensation.

Raising minimum wage will only make sure more people are on minimum wage and set workers back five to seven years.

Companies are not going to give employees already making $15.00 an hour an equivalent raise to offset the workers income. Workers making $15.00 an hour before the new minimum wage will be starting over and suddenly, they can't afford gas for their car, food for their children or the occasional treat of a family night out with dinner and a movie.

What about all those on government assistance and SSI now, will they be getting a raise as well? They will need it badly if minimum wage is raised.

People should not be working at McDonalds when they are 35 years old with a family.

$15 is not enough I say $20.

Heck, lets make it $50. A 16 year old making snow cone can bring home 90k/yr. Seems like a great idea. What could possibly go wrong. According to what I have read in this thread, corporations could pay it and it wouldn't negatively affect anything.
Cut back on managerial salaries....only in America you find those huge gaps between top management and the entry levels. No one deserves $12 mil a year. Or a 100 mil compensation.

Yet you buy it..

Raising minimum wage will only make sure more people are on minimum wage and set workers back five to seven years.

Companies are not going to give employees already making $15.00 an hour an equivalent raise to offset the workers income. Workers making $15.00 an hour before the new minimum wage will be starting over and suddenly, they can't afford gas for their car, food for their children or the occasional treat of a family night out with dinner and a movie.

What about all those on government assistance and SSI now, will they be getting a raise as well? They will need it badly if minimum wage is raised.

People should not be working at McDonalds when they are 35 years old with a family.
Seems to be the way things are going these days with this imaginary GOP training program etc and the giveaway to the rich for 35 years now....

Forum List

Back