Democrat motive for $15 minimum wage?

Already did pretend business owner
Keep avoiding the topic little troll. You obviously can’t handle a conversation about business practices but if you want to give it a shot perhaps you can explain why you think stagnant wages and growing profits is a healthy practice in business

Your the one claiming to be a pot head smoking liberal business owner on a anonymous political message board not me.

Sure tell me you dumb fuck where I can sign up and make millions of dollars from a pot head liberal business owner?

Tulsa only pays $15 bucks an hour in Nevada
What’s does that have to do with anything we are talking about?

Everything because your lying.

So you would pay?
Why don’t you answer my question? Don’t you find it annoying when people answer your questions with questions?

Already did pretend business owner
Keep avoiding the topic little troll. You obviously can’t handle a conversation about business practices but if you want to give it a shot perhaps you can explain why you think stagnant wages and growing profits is a healthy practice in business

Your the one claiming to be a pot head smoking liberal business owner on a anonymous political message board not me.

So what? Don’t believe me then fine it has nothing to do with the points I’m making about business. You obviously can’t discuss the substance so you resort to troll mode. I’m not biting

Your not making any points.

Raises should be earned.

We are looking at a starting wage
A wage that hasn’t been raised in ten years
I worked for minimum once-the rest of the time I got raises on merit-the lazy did not.
I worked minimum wage while I was in college in the early 70s
Made $2.10 an hour

For that $2.10 an hour, I was able to pay for my $650 a year tuition just working three months over the summer.

At today’s $7.25, it would take six months work to pay that tuition
I applaud your work ethic. If you take a job that pays minimum, then you plan the raises you think you should get or get another job. Or go to school like you did.
It is difficult for someone working only a few months a year to negotiate a higher wage. I could pay for a year of college working minimum wage, todays students can’t.

What if a minimum wage worker wants to save for a car?
When I made $2.10 an hour, it would have taken me six months to save up to buy a brand new car (around $2,000)

Today it would take a minimum wage worker over a year.

Buy gas for that car?
For $2.10 I could buy 7 gallons of gas in the early 70s
For $7.25 today you only get 2 1/2 gallons

It would take a $15 minimum wage just to have the buying power I had at $2.10 in the 70s
I would love to keep ignoring you but when you really have no idea what you are saying it is just to hard not to.
Let's look at your claim is f college. So your idea is to artificially increase the costs the college pays out so they will be required to charge more for a degree. That is smart there yeah real smart.

When you were saving for a car there were probably no seat belts, airbags, Bluetooth, no intermittent wipers, no backup cameras, no built in navigation and I could keep going on. Each of those things adds to the cost. IF you could get a car that had just the basics you could probably pay for it in less then six months. Problem is they are not available.

Most of the easy to get oil is gone there is still easy to retrieve oil in the Middle East but that requires shipping which means refining, which means higher costs. Oil that requires deeper drilling, fracking, more material to reach means higher costs. This oil still needs refined adding to the cost. It still needs to be transported to the refinery and the refined product transported for sale, more costs. I could go on.

In the seventies there were no cellphones, no iPads, no iPods, not a lot of bottled water was being sold, most still ate at home and went out to eat as a treat. The world and what is considered normal changes.
Adding more costs to everything to give someone a higher wage that buys nothing extra will not make it better.

Everyone should know that this will reduce the number of entry level/low skill jobs, so what is the Democrat motive for a $15/hr minimum wage?

The answer is that this is exactly the result they want: Fewer people working and more people dependent on government programs.

Guess how they will vote?

They want them to make just enough to not qualify for state aid. That's it. Now, since this was the same game that was played out before, and just to make things interesting, why do you want taxpayers picking up the tab so that corporations can make more money via exploitation?

I worked for minimum once-the rest of the time I got raises on merit-the lazy did not.
Made $2.10 an hour

For that $2.10 an hour, I was able to pay for my $650 a year tuition just working three months over the summer.

I applaud your work ethic. If you take a job that pays minimum, then you plan the raises you think you should get or get another job. Or go to school like you did.
It is difficult for someone working only a few months a year to negotiate a higher wage. I could pay for a year of college working minimum wage, todays students can’t.

When I made $2.10 an hour, it would have taken me six months to save up to buy a brand new car (around $2,000)

Buy gas for that car?

It would take a $15 minimum wage just to have the buying power I had at $2.10 in the 70s
I would love to keep ignoring you but when you really have no idea what you are saying it is just to hard not to.
Let's look at your claim is f college. So your idea is to artificially increase the costs the college pays out so they will be required to charge more for a degree. That is smart there yeah real smart.

When you were saving for a car there were probably no seat belts, airbags, Bluetooth, no intermittent wipers, no backup cameras, no built in navigation and I could keep going on. Each of those things adds to the cost. IF you could get a car that had just the basics you could probably pay for it in less then six months. Problem is they are not available.

Most of the easy to get oil is gone there is still easy to retrieve oil in the Middle East but that requires shipping which means refining, which means higher costs. Oil that requires deeper drilling, fracking, more material to reach means higher costs. This oil still needs refined adding to the cost. It still needs to be transported to the refinery and the refined product transported for sale, more costs. I could go on.

In the seventies there were no cellphones, no iPads, no iPods, not a lot of bottled water was being sold, most still ate at home and went out to eat as a treat. The world and what is considered normal changes.
Adding more costs to everything to give someone a higher wage that buys nothing extra will not make it better.
So, minimum wage has not kept up with rising costs of college or the price of gas or cars

How about taking your girlfriend out to the movies?
In 1970, I could use that $2.10 an hour wage and buy two tickets and popcorn for $2.25

Today, that $7.25 worker would pay $24 for those two tickets and popcorn

Made $2.10 an hour

Buy gas for that car?

So, minimum wage has not kept up with rising costs of college or the price of gas or cars

In 1970, I could use that $2.10 an hour wage and buy two tickets and popcorn for $2.25

Because minimum wage is $10 bucks in New Jersey?

How about the lowlife minimum wage worker who spends his money on beer and cigarettes?

For $2.10, I could buy a six pack of beer ($1.25 )and two packs of cigarettes (40 cents a pack).

Today, that $7.25 worker would pay $20 for beer and cigarettes

Minimum wage has not kept up with inflation

Everyone should know that this will reduce the number of entry level/low skill jobs, so what is the Democrat motive for a $15/hr minimum wage?

The answer is that this is exactly the result they want: Fewer people working and more people dependent on government programs.

they say it to get votes-----NO OTHER REASON----as to the havoc it will cause------THEY DON'T CARE

Raises should be earned.

Made $2.10 an hour

Buy gas for that car?

My point is there are ways for the go getters to do this-I worked full time while attending school. If a person stays at minimum making no effort to improve himself, he deserves it. You don't have to own a car or expensive cell phone either-never had one.

Made $2.10 an hour

Buy gas for that car?

You still work for minimum wage?

Funny and on point.

Made $2.10 an hour

Buy gas for that car?

Because minimum wage is $10 bucks in New Jersey?

sheeeeeesh------used to be $1.25-----and it took me thru the state university

Made $2.10 an hour

Buy gas for that car?

My point is there are ways for the go getters to do this-I worked full time while attending school. If a person stays at minimum making no effort to improve himself, he deserves it. You don't have to own a car or expensive cell phone either-never had one.

I have never owned a cell phone either------the expensive tech in every pocket is
OBSCENE

Made $2.10 an hour

Buy gas for that car?

You still work for minimum wage?

What difference does it make?

Someone working for minimum wage does not deserve to be exploited even if it only for a few years

What happens to that college student trying to earn money for tuition? They end up having to take student loans to make up the difference. They borrow money so that employers can make more profit
A big difference-you go to college so you make more money. You don't go to a school that is costly-some states and cities have free tuition. And nobody gets exploited unless they deserve it-if you sense it get a different job. Trump has created many new jobs, so there should be no problem.

The goal of a $15 MW is to devalue the lower end of the middle class. democrats are at war to crush the middle class. A society of Oligarchs ruling over peasants in abject poverty is the goal of ALL Communists. They want all of America to be like California, where all wealth is concentrated in the hands of ruling Oligarchs.

Made $2.10 an hour

Buy gas for that car?

Very well put.

Made $2.10 an hour

Buy gas for that car?

I have never owned a cell phone either------the expensive tech in every pocket is
OBSCENE

It's like $30 bucks

Made $2.10 an hour

Buy gas for that car?

Just go for a walk, go swimming in a friend's pool, watch TV together-that's what my wife and I did-in the early seventies!

Made $2.10 an hour

Buy gas for that car?

Minimum wage applies to ALL minimum wage workers, not just the go getters
As I have shown in multiple examples, the buying power of that minimum wage is half of what I had in the 1970s

It would take a $15 wage to duplicate what I had available in the 70s at $2.10 an hour

Made $2.10 an hour

Buy gas for that car?

OBSCENE
I had a great car, but had to work my ass off for it.

Forum List

Back