Democrat motive for $15 minimum wage?

Every time the minimum wage is raised fewer people are working. Now a higher minimum wage means automation is more attractive.
the right wing claims we have a good employment rate and it is because of tax cut economics.

We are a world economy now get used to it.
we have a first world economy, get used to it.
Not if you get your wish
why not? we should be upgrading our economy.

Good idea how would you like a one way ticket to Chile?

It used to be the responsibility of the individual to work him or herself up to higher wage jobs. Democrats want to change all that and punish businesses instead.

Not anymore. That guy slipping fries into the oil demands 30 bucks an hour.
No...only $15 an hour

A bargain

A robot can do that for pennies.
What kind of robot?

Are we talking about a Jetsons style robot or a Terminator type robot?

In another thread you want to raise taxes and this thread you want a $15 dollar minimum wage..

So how does that work?

$15 an hour will make LESS people dependent on Government support

So naive and ignorant. This is not how it works. Remember how Democrats have said that raising taxes(tarriffs) on corporations is just a tax on the consumer? Well, corporations do pass along their expenses and that includes to a VERY large extent, their payroll. Many times, these companies will automate because the long term cost of the payroll surpasses the cost of automation. These un-skilled folks with then be out of a job entirely. For those who keep their jobs, they will be paying more for the products they buy and their net gain is minimal if at all.

Keep in mind, many of these low-skilled jobs are taken by teenagers to earn extra money. Sorry, but $15/hr mandatory wage (31k/yr) for a McDonald's drive-thru worker or an ice cream scooper in most states is ridiculous. These jobs require very little skill if any. If you want to make 31k, learn a skill.

Everyone should know that this will reduce the number of entry level/low skill jobs, so what is the Democrat motive for a $15/hr minimum wage?

The answer is that this is exactly the result they want: Fewer people working and more people dependent on government programs.

Guess how they will vote?
$15 is not enough I say $20.

Heck, lets make it $50. A 16 year old making snow cone can bring home 90k/yr. Seems like a great idea. What could possibly go wrong. According to what I have read in this thread, corporations could pay it and it wouldn't negatively affect anything.

Sure it has. Many states and municipalities have higher min wage than the federal one. So the only question is why must you LIE to press your "Worker's Paradise" narrative, Comrade?
Some do, many don’t. Time to look at the interests of min wage workers instead of employers who are exploiting them
You claimed "A wage that hasn’t been raised in ten years" in the knowledge that states and municipal gov'ts have indeed raised their mins.

Once more for the LYING, brain-dead leftard: this country doesn't need more big, greasy, corrupt central gov't control over domestic issues.
The GOP is the swamp, brainwashed functional moron.

You are the one who is brainwashed. Let me guess, you actually believe the Democrats when they tell you that you didn't get a tax cut from Trump. If they say it enough, the sheep believe it.

It used to be the responsibility of the individual to work him or herself up to higher wage jobs. Democrats want to change all that and punish businesses instead.

No...only $15 an hour

A bargain

What kind of robot?

In another thread you want to raise taxes and this thread you want a $15 dollar minimum wage..

So how does that work?
Not dependent on each other

Sure it has. Many states and municipalities have higher min wage than the federal one. So the only question is why must you LIE to press your "Worker's Paradise" narrative, Comrade?
Some do, many don’t. Time to look at the interests of min wage workers instead of employers who are exploiting them
You claimed "A wage that hasn’t been raised in ten years" in the knowledge that states and municipal gov'ts have indeed raised their mins.

Once more for the LYING, brain-dead leftard: this country doesn't need more big, greasy, corrupt central gov't control over domestic issues.

You are the one who is brainwashed. Let me guess, you actually believe the Democrats when they tell you that you didn't get a tax cut from Trump. If they say it enough, the sheep believe it.
My taxes went up

the right wing claims we have a good employment rate and it is because of tax cut economics.

Not if you get your wish

do they have better solutions at lower cost, over there?

No...only $15 an hour

A bargain

What kind of robot?

So how does that work?
Not dependent on each other

So welfare never changes?

Not if you get your wish

Report back to us on a tin can and a string

My taxes went up

As did mine, because I am in the upper class. Those is high tax states who own property did see a tax increase, but again, this should be ok with Democrats since the "rich" are the problem anyway. Here is a hint, if you are in a blue state, don't move to a red state and then vote for the same morons that raised your taxes in the first place.

That’s. It necessarily true. Your scenario is trying to keep company profits growing at the same rate they are growing. To do this then yes you would need to raise prices of services and goods to compensate for the wage increases. But there is another scenario where wages increase, prices stay the same and profits are the variable that absorb the wage increase. When wages are stagnant and profits are increasing the. There is an imbalance in the system... wouldn't you agree? They should both follow the same growth lines

The more realistic avenue is they close and say fuck you
why would that be more realistic?

So you would pay?
Why don’t you answer my question? Don’t you find it annoying when people answer your questions with questions?

Already did pretend business owner
Keep avoiding the topic little troll. You obviously can’t handle a conversation about business practices but if you want to give it a shot perhaps you can explain why you think stagnant wages and growing profits is a healthy practice in business

The more realistic avenue is they close and say fuck you

So you would pay?
Why don’t you answer my question? Don’t you find it annoying when people answer your questions with questions?

Keep avoiding the topic little troll. You obviously can’t handle a conversation about business practices but if you want to give it a shot perhaps you can explain why you think stagnant wages and growing profits is a healthy practice in business

Your the one claiming to be a pot head smoking liberal business owner on a anonymous political message board not me.

So you would pay?

Your the one claiming to be a pot head smoking liberal business owner on a anonymous political message board not me.

Sure tell me you dumb fuck where I can sign up and make millions of dollars from a pot head liberal business owner?

Not if you get your wish

Report back to us on a tin can and a string
the right wing only cares about expensable costs.

So you would pay?

So what? Don’t believe me then fine it has nothing to do with the points I’m making about business. You obviously can’t discuss the substance so you resort to troll mode. I’m not biting

Dem motive?
You do realize that Union Pay bases itself on the Minimum Wage right? I mean, you DO know that right?

So you would pay?

Sure tell me you dumb fuck where I can sign up and make millions of dollars from a pot head liberal business owner?

Tulsa only pays $15 bucks an hour in Nevada

Tulsa only pays $15 bucks an hour in Nevada
What’s does that have to do with anything we are talking about?

So you would pay?

So what? Don’t believe me then fine it has nothing to do with the points I’m making about business. You obviously can’t discuss the substance so you resort to troll mode. I’m not biting

Whats to believe?

That you discovered the internet..

OK I believe that.

Forum List

Back