Democrat motive for $15 minimum wage?

Everyone should know that this will reduce the number of entry level/low skill jobs, so what is the Democrat motive for a $15/hr minimum wage?

The answer is that this is exactly the result they want: Fewer people working and more people dependent on government programs.

Guess how they will vote?
Answer is simple

Minimum wage has not been raised in ten years. $15 will just begin to recoup lost spending power

Minimum wage has not been raised in ten years.

Why should it have been?

Everyone should know that this will reduce the number of entry level/low skill jobs, so what is the Democrat motive for a $15/hr minimum wage?

The answer is that this is exactly the result they want: Fewer people working and more people dependent on government programs.

I don’t support a nation wide $15 an hour bill however if you want to know the dems motivation behind the policy it is very simple. They want people to be able to make a livable wage and not have to work multiple jobs or work full time and still be in poverty. A healthy free market should show wage increases to keep up with living costs however our system is not very healthy so things are going to start being regulated by the government. This is unfortunate but it’s the truth.
Here is where the whole crazy scheme falls flat on its face. Does anyone really think that if person A is making $9.00 an hour and person B is making $15.00 an hour and person C is making $20.00 an hour. Do they really think that if person A suddenly makes $15.00 an hour that person B will just shrug his shoulders or will he want more money? Will person C also want more? Of course they will both want more believing rightly so that they are worth more then minimum wage as the were before it was artificially inflated.
Companies will still need to make a certain amount of profit or go bankrupt. The way they will do that is to increase the cost of their products.
So for a short time the artificially inflated minimum wage will seem like a god send until wages and prices for products increase then minimum wage will be equal in purchasing power to before the artifial raise. It is called inflation.
We could continue on artificially raising minimum wage and letting prices raise in a crazy idea that we can make everyone artificially happy until we need a wheelbarrow full of cash to buy a loaf of bread.
You make a fair assessment but the retort to that would be the fact that wages have been stagnant for a long time as company profits have been rising. So the supporters of pushing the minimum wage want to see person B and C also get wage increases. They want a mechanism to provide full time workers in this country with pay that can support their livelihood and to see wages grow as company revenue grows. I’m actually fine with this when it comes to the big dogs but I don’t support it for the mom and pop shops, the family owned pizza parlor that can’t afford to pay the high schoolers working a summer job the $15 an hour and still compete with papa johns.

I don’t support a nation wide $15 an hour bill however if you want to know the dems motivation behind the policy it is very simple. They want people to be able to make a livable wage and not have to work multiple jobs or work full time and still be in poverty. A healthy free market should show wage increases to keep up with living costs however our system is not very healthy so things are going to start being regulated by the government. This is unfortunate but it’s the truth.

That's now how it works, genius. When you artificially raise the minimum wage, all prices must go up to now cover the expense of the artificially raised 15$ an hour, essentially wiping out any gain for the raise......on top of that, low level workers get their hours cut, to cover the cost of having to pay entry level workers $15 dollars an hour....

So no one get helped, everyone gets hurt.

Wages increased under Trump....because the economy is booming, businesses have to get people to work for them instead of other people.......so they have to pay higher wages...
That’s not necessarily true. Your scenario is trying to keep company profits growing at the same rate they are growing. To do this then yes you would need to raise prices of services and goods to compensate for the wage increases. But there is another scenario where wages increase, prices stay the same and profits are the variable that absorb the wage increase. When wages are stagnant and profits are increasing the. There is an imbalance in the system... wouldn't you agree? They should both follow the same growth lines

Last edited:

That's now how it works, genius. When you artificially raise the minimum wage, all prices must go up to now cover the expense of the artificially raised 15$ an hour, essentially wiping out any gain for the raise......on top of that, low level workers get their hours cut, to cover the cost of having to pay entry level workers $15 dollars an hour....

Wages increased under Trump....because the economy is booming, businesses have to get people to work for them instead of other people.......so they have to pay higher wages...
That’s. It necessarily true. Your scenario is trying to keep company profits growing at the same rate they are growing. To do this then yes you would need to raise prices of services and goods to compensate for the wage increases. But there is another scenario where wages increase, prices stay the same and profits are the variable that absorb the wage increase. When wages are stagnant and profits are increasing the. There is an imbalance in the system... wouldn't you agree? They should both follow the same growth lines

The more realistic avenue is they close and say fuck you

That’s. It necessarily true. Your scenario is trying to keep company profits growing at the same rate they are growing. To do this then yes you would need to raise prices of services and goods to compensate for the wage increases. But there is another scenario where wages increase, prices stay the same and profits are the variable that absorb the wage increase. When wages are stagnant and profits are increasing the. There is an imbalance in the system... wouldn't you agree? They should both follow the same growth lines

why would that be more realistic?

Every time the minimum wage is raised fewer people are working. Now a higher minimum wage means automation is more attractive.

So you would pay?

So you would pay?

You would wouldn't you..

That's why you don't own a company.

So you would pay?
Why don’t you answer my question? Don’t you find it annoying when people answer your questions with questions?

So you would pay?

You would wouldn't you..

I’ve owned businesses my whole life. And I increase wages with profits... it’s a matter of percentages.

So you would pay?

You would wouldn't you..

I own two businesses. And I increase wages with profits... it’s a matter of percentages
Pot doesn't count

So you would pay?

You would wouldn't you..

I own two businesses. And I increase wages with profits... it’s a matter of percentages
Pot doesn't count

No shit. Now do you have anything smart or interesting to bring to the convo or are you just doing some late night trolling?

So you would pay?

You would wouldn't you..

Pot doesn't count

No shit. Now do you have anything smart or interesting to bring to the convo or are you just doing some late night trolling?
You don't own shit brother..

Who you fooling?

Answer is simple

Minimum wage has not been raised in ten years. $15 will just begin to recoup lost spending power
Raises should be earned.

We are looking at a starting wage
A wage that hasn’t been raised in ten years
I worked for minimum once-the rest of the time I got raises on merit-the lazy did not.
I worked minimum wage while I was in college in the early 70s
Made $2.10 an hour

For that $2.10 an hour, I was able to pay for my $650 a year tuition just working three months over the summer.

At today’s $7.25, it would take six months work to pay that tuition

Unions. Many union contracts are min wage plus based. A min wage increase means an instant raise for every union worker.

Guess which party gets union political contributions and support?

It was the Republicans in 1956, what happened?
"Free" stuff, Comrade.

The minimum wage is being artificially held down by a Congress that refuses to act.
Minimum wage increases in the past di

Answer is simple

Minimum wage has not been raised in ten years.

Why should it have been?

Because inflation has gone up and taxpayers have to support those who make substandard wages

Forum List

Back