Democrat Sen. Kyrsten Sinema Refuses to Take Oath of Office on Bible

yoour opin
I was refering to the people that wrote it,,,they based what they put on paper on those values,,,

after that I would suggest you read the federalist papers and some of their private papers,,,

Actually they based it on the concept of Liberalism. Christianism had nothing to do with that; in fact distancing themselves (us) from the Church was and is one of the whole points of Liberalism --- freedom from theocracy.

In a nutshell Liberalism means that power derives from the consent of those governed, and NOT from either an Aristocracy or a Church. So if it's theocracy you're after you'll need to find another country.

What's with all the commas? Are you a 1950s pop singer? "Comma comma down doo be doo down down"?
Exactly

Our founders put religious dogma behind them and wrote a document protecting the rights of man.......something the Bible often ignores
your opinion
I can back up what I said

You can’t
yet you didnt,,,

mine was based on their words I suggest you look them up, I provide a link that will take you to more
You suggest I validate your statements for you?

Their words outside the document have no bearing. What matters is what is in the Constitution

It reflects American Values not Christian

So she would not swear to represent her district and the good people of her state in a fair and lawful way?.....that's their problem I guess....maybe they should have voted for an honest person that has no problem swearing an oath.....
I'll swear in on the koran while standing on your holy book. How about that? All while peeing on the book of mormons.
Its not my Holy Book tard...its Gods holy book written for the Christians in the world....you should read it...to see how closely it is aligned with other faiths....
Every religion follows a similar format

God visited Moses, Mary, Mohammad and Joseph Smith.

What about gods 999 other holy books? Do you take them all seriously?

We both don’t believe any of those other 999. You just believe in one more religion than I do.
I'm a seldom visitor of the church....so I'm the wrong guy to ask about Christianity and other religions...but I do know God is real....I know it as strongly as I know anything....won't go into how I know it here but I do....
With all due respect, you don’t know shit.

No one who believes in god is thinking rationally. Only agnostic atheists are correct.

It’s unknowable so you’ll always wonder but anything else is just wishful thinking. He never visited

Just be happy you were born and you got to experience 20-100 years out of 3.8 billion.

I think it’s sad humans still believe the Muslim Mormon and Old Testament stories are real, don’t you? Yet you still believe in walking on water, virgin births and rising from the dead.

yoour opin
Actually they based it on the concept of Liberalism. Christianism had nothing to do with that; in fact distancing themselves (us) from the Church was and is one of the whole points of Liberalism --- freedom from theocracy.

In a nutshell Liberalism means that power derives from the consent of those governed, and NOT from either an Aristocracy or a Church. So if it's theocracy you're after you'll need to find another country.

What's with all the commas? Are you a 1950s pop singer? "Comma comma down doo be doo down down"?
Exactly

Our founders put religious dogma behind them and wrote a document protecting the rights of man.......something the Bible often ignores
your opinion
I can back up what I said

You can’t
yet you didnt,,,

mine was based on their words I suggest you look them up, I provide a link that will take you to more
You suggest I validate your statements for you?

Their words outside the document have no bearing. What matters is what is in the Constitution

It reflects American Values not Christian

their words outside it have everything to do with why they wrote it the way they did

and I didnt ask you to validate anything for me,,,its you that is the ignorant one

Like the Bible, she doesn't believe in the Constitution either.

Neither does RUTH BUZZY GINSBURG. Hating the Constitution, and America, is a Democrat TRADITION.
She is a great justice
We did a horrible job of getting out the vote to punish the republicans for obstructing Obama’s Supreme Court pick.

We would have seated 2 liberals and rbg would have retired so we could replace her with another liberal. We really fucked up losing to trump.
Dems had the Senate on a plate and let it slip away

Like the Bible, she doesn't believe in the Constitution either.

Neither does RUTH BUZZY GINSBURG. Hating the Constitution, and America, is a Democrat TRADITION.
She is a great justice
We did a horrible job of getting out the vote to punish the republicans for obstructing Obama’s Supreme Court pick.

We would have seated 2 liberals and rbg would have retired so we could replace her with another liberal. We really fucked up losing to trump.
Dems had the Senate on a plate and let it slip away
Doesn’t give me a lot of faith in the democrats.

In fact I think it is over for the big middle class we once knew. So many think they are middle class but they are actually lower middle class at best. And even when we win a general election voters aren’t smart enough to show up every 2 years.

And I believe it’ll be after I’m dead before Americans decide they’ve had enough and they stop letting the corporatists on both sides of the isle control them. Americans need to stand up to the growing gap between the rich and poor but they can’t when the government is run by millionaires

Republicans really believe trump is draining the swamp. They don’t realize he is the swamp.

Last edited:

I guess this is what Democrats would call "progress", electing a bisexual who refused to take the oath of office on a Bible.
Looks like we have an atheist

Any reason an atheist can’t serve her country?
I never met an atheist until I was 18. It was strange to behold and queer.
You have no idea how many atheists you have met
They didn't out themselves. We ran with only people from the baptist church. The first time one admitted he was an atheist, I looked at him with disbelief and thought,"wow".

Distinction is that Islam is not part of the cultural foundation of the US. Christianity is.
Actually, a large % of the slaves brought from Africa were muslim....we had muslims here since before we became a nation.
Nice try. They were slaves and I doubt they were Muslim anyway.
So they don't count because they were slaves? And why would you doubt they were muslim when by the 1500s, most of West Africa was muslim?
As slaves, they weren’t afforded acknowledgment as people let alone people affiliated with any religion.
I’m sure many of the blacks in Africa who owned and sold slaves were Muslim.
That too...but as slaves being affiliated with religion, surely you aren't THAT unfamiliar with the history of black slaves and religion.....muslim, voodoo, spiritual christianity....
All your nonsense is a deflection from the original point of Christianity being a major cultural influence in the US founding. Slaves were only a tool.

Distinction is that Islam is not part of the cultural foundation of the US. Christianity is.
Actually, a large % of the slaves brought from Africa were muslim....we had muslims here since before we became a nation.
Nice try. They were slaves and I doubt they were Muslim anyway.
So they don't count because they were slaves? And why would you doubt they were muslim when by the 1500s, most of West Africa was muslim?
As slaves, they weren’t afforded acknowledgment as people let alone people affiliated with any religion.
I’m sure many of the blacks in Africa who owned and sold slaves were Muslim.
Those who bought them were Christian
Plenty of blacks bought them, too. Still has next to nothing to do with culture of the founders.

I guess this is what Democrats would call "progress", electing a bisexual who refused to take the oath of office on a Bible.
Looks like we have an atheist

Any reason an atheist can’t serve her country?
I never met an atheist until I was 18. It was strange to behold and queer.
You have no idea how many atheists you have met
They didn't out themselves. We ran with only people from the baptist church. The first time one admitted he was an atheist, I looked at him with disbelief and thought,"wow".
Most atheists keep a low profile

There have been several presidents who have been atheist and just went along

They didn't out themselves.
Right, and why would they? No need to announce one doesn't believe in gods, or unicorns, or leprechauns, or fairies...
I see his point to a certain extend...you live in some places in the bible belt and they know who goes to what church and want to know if you don't go......of course, he's not taking into account those who go for social and business connections and don't really believe any of that crap.

Guess she doesnt have good Christian values like Trump
That is very true.
Guess she doesnt have good Christian values like Trump

She's probably careful around Trump...

.............................. He might grab her by the pussy ya know. He's famous, he gets to do stuff like that.

.>>>>
Name a time Donald Trump grabbed a girl by the pussy and admitted it. You can't.
We know of women who have said he threw himself on them very aggressively and we have him on tape admitting he grabs women’s pussies. If obama said it would you believe him? What’s wrong with your judgement? It’s bad.

Don’t you find it odd billy bush lost his job for that tape but trump won the election?

So she would not swear to represent her district and the good people of her state in a fair and lawful way?.....that's their problem I guess....maybe they should have voted for an honest person that has no problem swearing an oath.....
I'll swear in on the koran while standing on your holy book. How about that? All while peeing on the book of mormons.
Its not my Holy Book tard...its Gods holy book written for the Christians in the world....you should read it...to see how closely it is aligned with other faiths....
Every religion follows a similar format

God visited Moses, Mary, Mohammad and Joseph Smith.

What about gods 999 other holy books? Do you take them all seriously?

We both don’t believe any of those other 999. You just believe in one more religion than I do.
I'm a seldom visitor of the church....so I'm the wrong guy to ask about Christianity and other religions...but I do know God is real....I know it as strongly as I know anything....won't go into how I know it here but I do....
It’s human to feel like you do. It’s also ok for someone to not believe. To each his own.

Mike Pence had to swear in America’s first bi senator… & she didn’t use a Bible

Mike Pence, who is known for his extreme Christian conservatism, had to swear in America’s first bisexual U.S. Senator… with a copy of a law book.

I can't stand this bitch because she's an anti american douche bag just dying to turn us into Venezuela .

Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha, fuck Pence and his christiofascism.

What a miserable Bigot twat you are.
^ snowflake alert

Again you use the word the wrong way.

You are a moron.

Forum List

Back