Democrat thugs shut down Trump rally

To my liberal friends that believe that it is a Trump ruse more than the fact that the crowd was actually hostile I'd suggest you watch the video on top of reading the article itself. It certainly appears, in my eyes at least, that the rally was postponed out of legitimate safety concerns raised due to protesters at Trump's rally.

Believe me, I'm not a fan of Trump nor his ideals. However, that doesn't mean that I don't think that he or his supporters deserve a "fair shake" and deserve the basic freedoms we all enjoy.

I'll re-link the article, the video is 7-8 min.

Donald Trump cancels UIC rally amid security concerns

The Trump movement has vowed to take America back by force. This is just the beginning.

Trump is the worst kind of populist. He is tapping into the violent rantings of men like Michael Savage, and encouraging supporters to punch people in the face. Trump has meticulously cultivated an atmosphere of violence. His Hitlarian hatred of Mexicans and Muslims has enabled violent thugs to rise up.

Once president Trump assumes office, we will see Mexican businesses set on fire. We will see blacks and Muslims tortured by roving gangs of white supremacists. We will see Trump's jackbooted thugs going door to door.

Welcome to Germany circa 1933.

God help us.

Trump's supporters are irrational. These are people overcome by anger and hatred looking for a demagogue to validate their anger and hatred.

The protesters are the ones spouting all the hate and anger.

Be against something !!! Anything !
Have a cause !!! Become an activist/agitator today !
Neo-Coms Unite for "progress"........lol

I just saw this on another thread, and I wanted to link it here since I had brought into question the temperament of the crowd beforehand:

It does appear that many Trump protesters were planning on bringing hostilities to his rally. As a liberal, and somebody who does not support Trump, I just wanted to say that I do not agree with these actions. I think that freedom of speech is one of the most important freedoms we are allowed in America, and that we should afford that freedom to everybody...not just those that we agree with.

These liberal Americans have failed today.

The protesters have freedom of assembly.

btw, Trump decided to call off the rally. We only have his unreliable word that there was too much of a threat of violence.
They do, but, according to this news report at least, it appears that a sizable amount of protesters had infiltrated his rally and were planning on openly protesting inside the rally space / heckling from within it. I am not saying that the protesters don't have the right to be there...they certainly do. However, their tactics were tactless. Trying to shut down the voice of others is not the American way of getting your voice heard.

So while you concede that they had every right to do what they are doing you decide that they had no right to do what they are doing.
Incorrect, they had the freedom to assemble and protest. Likewise Trumps supporters have the freedom to assemble at the rally. Now these types of things happen all the time and, generally the rally, which has went through the legitimate avenues to get the venue booked, is allowed to assemble inside the venue while any sort of protesting organizations are given the liberty to protest OUTSIDE of the venue. Here, it appears that many protesters subverted these basic agreeable terms and infiltrated the grounds of the rally and planned on doing their best to break it up from within rather than allow Trump and his supporters their freedom of voice and freedom to assemble.

Okay, so while we're assigning what if's and maybe's as facts,

I say Trump only canceled the rally to make it APPEAR that there were dire likelihoods of violence,

and did so explicitly for his own political advantage.
You do know they arrested several people for violence, right?

There wasn't a "likelihood".

I just saw this on another thread, and I wanted to link it here since I had brought into question the temperament of the crowd beforehand:

It does appear that many Trump protesters were planning on bringing hostilities to his rally. As a liberal, and somebody who does not support Trump, I just wanted to say that I do not agree with these actions. I think that freedom of speech is one of the most important freedoms we are allowed in America, and that we should afford that freedom to everybody...not just those that we agree with.

These liberal Americans have failed today.

btw, Trump decided to call off the rally. We only have his unreliable word that there was too much of a threat of violence.
They do, but, according to this news report at least, it appears that a sizable amount of protesters had infiltrated his rally and were planning on openly protesting inside the rally space / heckling from within it. I am not saying that the protesters don't have the right to be there...they certainly do. However, their tactics were tactless. Trying to shut down the voice of others is not the American way of getting your voice heard.

So while you concede that they had every right to do what they are doing you decide that they had no right to do what they are doing.
Incorrect, they had the freedom to assemble and protest. Likewise Trumps supporters have the freedom to assemble at the rally. Now these types of things happen all the time and, generally the rally, which has went through the legitimate avenues to get the venue booked, is allowed to assemble inside the venue while any sort of protesting organizations are given the liberty to protest OUTSIDE of the venue. Here, it appears that many protesters subverted these basic agreeable terms and infiltrated the grounds of the rally and planned on doing their best to break it up from within rather than allow Trump and his supporters their freedom of voice and freedom to assemble.

I say Trump only canceled the rally to make it APPEAR that there were dire likelihoods of violence,

Precisely, and this is a case where "consider the source" is crucial. No one but Rump suggested there were security concerns, and even after a 10,000-seat arena had been filled with more outside, the sudden cancellation --- which can certainly turn uncomfortable if not downright ugly --- went without incident.

Could be that Rump was trying to provoke one, after which he could sit back and point fingers.

Didn't work.

You do know they arrested several people for violence, right?

There wasn't a "likelihood".
He will ignore it.

Is there really that much difference between Trump and Hillary? Both are assholes. Neither are fit to be president. Really crappy choices the dems and reps have given the people.
Trump is 10,000 times better than Hillary.

Not to me! Two asses from opposite sides of the aisle.

Hillary is a criminal who sold her office to the highest bidder for personal gain. She's a POS. You can't get any lower than her.

And Donald Trump doesn't do things for personal gain? Jesus. :rolleyes-41:

Ruh-roh. Trump's brownshirts are learning that their victims fight back. Hence the weeping. wetting themselves and bravely running away.

I do understand that not all righties are wusses. All Trump fans, however, are wusses. After all, if they weren't wusses in desperate need of an authoritarian daddy-figure, they wouldn't be Trump fans.

Those awful brownshirts wanted to have a rally and listen to Trump but then some people didn't like it and decided to be so disruptive that the people were concerned about their own lives. Who is the brownshirt thug who decided to intimidate other people into silence?

The Democrats look at their choices: Hillary, Bernie, and realize that they must deflect from that twosome in the way that they tradidonally have, with violence.

Remember that the KKK was for nearly a century the paramilitary-arm of the Democrat Party.

Ruh-roh. Trump's brownshirts are learning that their victims fight back. Hence the weeping. wetting themselves and bravely running away.

I do understand that not all righties are wusses. All Trump fans, however, are wusses. After all, if they weren't wusses in desperate need of an authoritarian daddy-figure, they wouldn't be Trump fans.
More irony....

Eh, liberal professional protesters shutting down free speech, so what's new. No free speech on college campuses. A divisive President that seemingly promotes cop killing, race baiting, class division.. The Hope & Change voters were screwed over and America is far worse off.

Last edited:
To my liberal friends that believe that it is a Trump ruse more than the fact that the crowd was actually hostile I'd suggest you watch the video on top of reading the article itself. It certainly appears, in my eyes at least, that the rally was postponed out of legitimate safety concerns raised due to protesters at Trump's rally.

Believe me, I'm not a fan of Trump nor his ideals. However, that doesn't mean that I don't think that he or his supporters deserve a "fair shake" and deserve the basic freedoms we all enjoy.

I'll re-link the article, the video is 7-8 min.

The actual headline is, Trump supporters and protestors CLASH.

Clash is two sided event.

The Trump movement has vowed to take America back by force. This is just the beginning.

Trump is the worst kind of populist. He is tapping into the violent rantings of men like Michael Savage, and encouraging supporters to punch people in the face. Trump has meticulously cultivated an atmosphere of violence. His Hitlarian hatred of Mexicans and Muslims has enabled violent thugs to rise up.

Once president Trump assumes office, we will see Mexican businesses set on fire. We will see blacks and Muslims tortured by roving gangs of white supremacists. We will see Trump's jackbooted thugs going door to door.

Welcome to Germany circa 1933.

God help us.

Trump's supporters are irrational. These are people overcome by anger and hatred looking for a demagogue to validate their anger and hatred.

The protesters are the ones spouting all the hate and anger.
Cowboy hat guy sucker punching a protester being led out of venue by police seemed pretty hateful. Payback is a bitch somethimes.

Just want you to know that when you defend violence then there will be a reaction.

But you think only one side should be able to violent. Lol

So you admit they are brownshirt thugs.

Yes Trump supporters are brown shirts. Yiu defended violence and now you put a flower in your hair.

When did I defend violence?

I'll show you.

When did you disagree with any violent attack that happened at any Trump rally?

Do you disagree with the violence at Trump rallies?

Now when you don't answer....the answer to your question will be apparent

See? You can't play that show me where game with me. I knew you would disappear and hope no one noticed your bullshit

Maybe Bri will disavow the violence if I tag him? @Briprat9643

Forum List

Back