Democrats Fast-Track Bill To Override Hobby Lobby Decision

:eusa_pray:
But to the point, I agree. It shouldn't be up to my employer. We should have a national standard of what constitutes health coverage, which is what ObamaCare is.

Still the mindset of the slave. You see yourself as 'owned', and your owners as responsible for your well-being.

No, I see it as being a member of a civilized society. We vote. Majority rules. If I don't like it, I make my best case to everyone else why it should be changed, but I abide by their decisions if they don't.

We've had two elections on ObamaCare. It won both.

You guys couldnt' discuss this issue without trying to tack adjectives onto the word "Rape" and calling women "sluts" because they thought they should get the treatment they had already paid for.

Are you saying that the majority could vote in slavery and you would call it part of being in a civilized society? If not, why is that different?

so it's ok that federal and government employees to get their health care through their employer, US AND PAYED BY US

You SEE something wrong with this picture?

No, you don't.

Frankly, the problem with the GOP is that it went from a party that was for common sense, efficient and fiscally responsible government to one that panders to the Libertarian Hippies and Religious Nutbags while spending like a bunch of drunken sailors on shore leave.

And you damned democrats went from the party of common sense to the Third Reich. What the hell is your point?

really? And you base this on what, other than your desire to say, "No, You Are!"

The fact you can post this shit and Obama hasn't shipped your ass off to a concentration camp tells me that we are nowhere near "the Third Reich".

I have no doubt that if YOU were to have your way, I, and those like me, would be in camps already.

If we continue down the path we are currently on - it won't be much longer.

But there are 20 kinds available, and the four they DON'T allow might be the best applicaitons in some cases.

And Hobby Lobby isn't a doctor.
Again, nothing is keeping anyone from seeking those options on their own.

Stop being dishonest.

Why should they have to pay for coverage twice? If you are working for health coverage, you should get health coverage- period.

You are such a whiny little bitch.

[

So, you're "owned" by the majority. Whatever. "Majority rules" is not civilized society. It's been rejected by every enlightened society as mob rule, and rightly so. A civilized society protects its minorities from the whim of the majority.

But only to a degree. No one wants to be held hostage to the crazy non-conformist nut.

Which is why we have laws.

Not sure what you mean. We have laws to protect our rights. Not to inflict the will of the majority on everyone else.

Again, you know, Somalia Beckons. I'm sure you'd be happy there.

Giving up already?

Naw, it's just talking to Libertarians are like talking to child-like retards who don't live in the real world.

Again, nothing is keeping anyone from seeking those options on their own.

Stop being dishonest.

Why should they have to pay for coverage twice? If you are working for health coverage, you should get health coverage- period.

How about addressing the point.

If they yanked a benefit you are getting from the government tomorrow, you'd be bitching up a storm.

But apparently a $9.00 an hour clerk at Hobby Lobby is supposed to "suck it up"?

And you damned democrats went from the party of common sense to the Third Reich. What the hell is your point?

really? And you base this on what, other than your desire to say, "No, You Are!"

The fact you can post this shit and Obama hasn't shipped your ass off to a concentration camp tells me that we are nowhere near "the Third Reich".

I have no doubt that if YOU were to have your way, I, and those like me, would be in camps already.

If I had my way, I'd make sure you get psychological consoling so you can address why you are such a self-loathing Uncle Tom, but that's another discussion.

I have to ask- again- what do you base this on? "Oh my God, they are making sure we get health coverage, just like Hitler did!"

Seriously?

so it's ok that federal and government employees to get their health care through their employer, US AND PAYED BY US

You SEE something wrong with this picture?

No, I don't see anything wrong with that picture at all. These workers are providing a service, and their health coverage is part of their compensation. Just because we've let the private sector screw over working people at every turn (and shame on us for letting them do it) we are going to be mad because government workers didn't put up with that shit?

I think everyone should get health coverage. I think health coverage should be a public service like police and fire protection.

Which is how the rest of the world does it.

Obviously, because the government has never managed to ever, in the entire history of the United States, railroad somebody anyone into prison.

Does these look like tinfoil hat websites to your authoritarian personality?

https://www.zotero.org/lex/items/itemKey/7CCN8E9V

Bioethics Forum blog - Criminalizing the Prescribing of Opioids: Where Should We Draw the Line?

This one is obviously a tin foil hat website.

https://ama-assn.org/ama/pub/physic...-topic/criminalization-medical-judgments.page

So much for your assertion that the government actually consulted doctors before passing the CSA.

Resources - Title 21 United States Code (USC) Controlled Substances Act - Section 801-971

But, please, keep telling me how trustworthy the government is because all it cares about is the people it serves, I enjoy laughing at you.

Is this what you are upset about, guy? Doctor Feelgood can't prescribe you your happy pills?

The congress cannot override the Supreme Court. All they are fast-tracking is some red-herring to desperately try to take the focus of the fall mid-term elections off the PPACA since that is what swing voters are indicating is their big issue for fall.

Kind of sad really. I used to believe that the democratic party had some values other than winning for solely the sake of punishing their opponents.

Actualy, Congress can. SCOTUS's idiotic ruling was based on a deranged reading of an Act of Congress, the "Religious Freedom Restoration Act".

All they need to do is modify the language to state that your freedom doesn't apply to your business or your employees.

Easy-peasy.

Congress often amends legislation as a result of a Supreme Court ruling, as was the case when the Court invalidated the Gun-Free School Zones Act of 1990 (US v. Lopez (1995)). Congress amended to Act to address its un-Constitutional provisions, and the Act has passed Constitutional muster since the Lopez ruling.

Congress often amends legislation as a result of a Supreme Court ruling, as was the case when the Court invalidated the Gun-Free School Zones Act of 1990 (US v. Lopez (1995)). Congress amended to Act to address its un-Constitutional provisions, and the Act has passed Constitutional muster since the Lopez ruling.

HUH?

Pass Constitutional muster in .......Cuba....Venezuela.....the UK.....only someone who is an avowed fascist or completely retarded would assert that is Constitutional within the meaning of the US Constitution.

How about addressing the point.

If they yanked a benefit you are getting from the government tomorrow, you'd be bitching up a storm.

But apparently a $9.00 an hour clerk at Hobby Lobby is supposed to "suck it up"?
I wouldn't be bitching if there were 80% of the alternatives still available, and I could buy the other 20% on my own.

You whine about the out-of-pocket costs...but having a baby is a lot more expensive. Do you want Daddy Government to pay for a child's food, clothing, shelter, education, and entertainment through age 26?

Yes, you probably do.

Meanwhile -- you're still a whiny little bitch.

But only to a degree. No one wants to be held hostage to the crazy non-conformist nut.

Which is why we have laws.

Not sure what you mean. We have laws to protect our rights. Not to inflict the will of the majority on everyone else.

Again, you know, Somalia Beckons. I'm sure you'd be happy there.

Giving up already?

Naw, it's just talking to Libertarians are like talking to child-like retards who don't live in the real world.

It's also avoiding serious discussion with nonsense. Do you really think the point of laws is just to force conformity for the sake of it?

Giving up already?

It's also avoiding serious discussion with nonsense. Do you really think the point of laws is just to force conformity for the sake of it?
You're speaking to a progressive. Individuality is nothing. The collective is all that matters.

If I had my way, I'd make sure you get psychological consoling so you can address why you are such a self-loathing Uncle Tom, but that's another discussion.

I have to ask- again- what do you base this on? "Oh my God, they are making sure we get health coverage, just like Hitler did!"

Seriously?

Were I to have my way, I'd make sure that you went back to your public school to learn how to spell.

As far as the "uncle Tom" remark - fuck you, you racist bigot.

Obviously, because the government has never managed to ever, in the entire history of the United States, railroad somebody anyone into prison.

Does these look like tinfoil hat websites to your authoritarian personality?

https://www.zotero.org/lex/items/itemKey/7CCN8E9V

Bioethics Forum blog - Criminalizing the Prescribing of Opioids: Where Should We Draw the Line?

This one is obviously a tin foil hat website.

https://ama-assn.org/ama/pub/physic...-topic/criminalization-medical-judgments.page

So much for your assertion that the government actually consulted doctors before passing the CSA.

Resources - Title 21 United States Code (USC) Controlled Substances Act - Section 801-971

But, please, keep telling me how trustworthy the government is because all it cares about is the people it serves, I enjoy laughing at you.

Is this what you are upset about, guy? Doctor Feelgood can't prescribe you your happy pills?

Did I prove you were wrong again?

You claimed the government consulted doctors, I proved they didn't.

You claimed that the government isn't interfering in doctor/patient choices, I proved they are.

You claimed that the fact that a jury convicted the doctor is proof he was guilty, I provided a link to a case that was overturned on appeal because the court said he shouldn't have been prosecuted in the first place.

I proved you wrong about everything you said when I brought this up. Your response is to pretend that I am complaining about happy pills.

Grow some balls and admit you fucked up.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be bitching if there were 80% of the alternatives still available, and I could buy the other 20% on my own.

You whine about the out-of-pocket costs...but having a baby is a lot more expensive. Do you want Daddy Government to pay for a child's food, clothing, shelter, education, and entertainment through age 26?

Yes, you probably do.

Meanwhile -- you're still a whiny little bitch.

No, I consider the fact we have so many people on welfare to be a profound failure as a country.

Truly,t hat we cannot promise every able bodied American a job because we want to keep labor costs low is absolutely fucking insane.

And, yes, unfortunately, that's the kind of world your sort is creating. A permanent underclass that even if they have jobs, have to rely on the government for food, housing and shelter.

And then you scratch your big monkey cranium when the totally vote for more of that shit.

Forum List

Back