Democrats Have Always Destroyed the Economy

The biggest propaganda lie ever concocted and foisted upon the American people is the lie that Bush caused our economic crisis. He did not.

Before the Democrats took Congress in 2007 unemployment was 4.1%, gas was $1.70 a gallon, and the economy was expanding.

Then the Democrats took Congress in 2007 and promptly destroyed the economy. When Obama became president in 2009 he made it twice as bad.

Let’s do a little math here:

Bush was president for 8 years, from 2001 to 2009.

As I said, in 2007 unemployment was 4.1% and the economy was expanding. That is SIX years into the Bush presidency mind you - SIX OUT OF EIGHT. (And BTW: 4.1% is almost perfect since there is no such thing as a 0% rate.)

Now, can anyone explain to me why the first six years of the eight-year Bush presidency was just fine, and then magically, when the Democrats took over Congress, the economy tanked? Simple: The Democrats took power. When they took power they pushed their social engineering policy of trying to let minorities who wants to own a house own a house whether they could afford it or not. All the bad loans the banks made, they were browbeat into that by the Left. And THAT was the first domino in line to fall.

As I said: The biggest propaganda lie ever concocted and foisted upon the American people is the lie that Bush caused our economic crisis. In fact, Democrats did, with policies that can find their genesis in the Clinton years

Stay tuned for Part Two.........

Good Bush economy attacked, bad Obama economy ignored by media
Obama didn't end the Great Recession that Bush didn't cause - AEI
Is this a joke?

Do you have Alzheimer's or something? Are you 12 yrs old?

The economy tanked in 2008. That's why the call it the 2008 financial crisis.

Remember subprime mortgages? Clinton's doing. But it all came down during Bush's watch. The real estate market was one huge Ponzi scheme.

Paulson was having dry heaves. Anyone remember that?

Gasoline was close to $5 and everyone was afraid it would hit $7/gal. Commodities jumped including oil. Especially oil. I remember Bush flooded the oil market to knock prices back down but I can't find any articles supporting that. I remember reading about it at the time though. Everyone ran to the commodities market and grain went so high it sparked Arab Spring in Egypt.

No one remembers all this? I feel like I'm in the twilight zone lol.
Republicans had total control of the government. They passed trillions in tax cuts. They started two unpaid for wars. Why do you guys keep trying to blame Democrats and Obama for what Republicans do? It’s a mystery to me. Do Republicans have any sense of responsibility for any of their damage?
Lol
No one ever was taxed into success… Trying the same thing over and over again expecting different results. A genius once called that insanity

Republicans had total control of the government. They passed trillions in tax cuts. They started two unpaid for wars. Why do you guys keep trying to blame Democrats and Obama for what Republicans do?

If they were honest they'd have nothing to say

The biggest propaganda lie ever concocted and foisted upon the American people is the lie that Bush caused our economic crisis. He did not.

Before the Democrats took Congress in 2007 unemployment was 4.1%, gas was $1.70 a gallon, and the economy was expanding.

Then the Democrats took Congress in 2007 and promptly destroyed the economy. When Obama became president in 2009 he made it twice as bad.

As I said, in 2007 unemployment was 4.1% and the economy was expanding. That is SIX years into the Bush presidency mind you - SIX OUT OF EIGHT. (And BTW: 4.1% is almost perfect since there is no such thing as a 0% rate.)

Now, can anyone explain to me why the first six years of the eight-year Bush presidency was just fine, and then magically, when the Democrats took over Congress, the economy tanked? Simple: The Democrats took power. When they took power they pushed their social engineering policy of trying to let minorities who wants to own a house own a house whether they could afford it or not. All the bad loans the banks made, they were browbeat into that by the Left. And THAT was the first domino in line to fall.

As I said: The biggest propaganda lie ever concocted and foisted upon the American people is the lie that Bush caused our economic crisis. In fact, Democrats did, with policies that can find their genesis in the Clinton years

So years of Repug policies, an unfunded Medicare drug benefit, Bush’s “ownership society “, bank deregulation, bankster bailout, tax cuts during time of war, two wars of choice funded off budget, etc, had no effect on the economy? It’s all “because Democrats”? That’s a crock of shit.

So years of Repug policies, an unfunded Medicare drug benefit, Bush’s “ownership society “, bank deregulation, bankster bailout, tax cuts during time of war, two wars of choice funded off budget, etc, had no effect on the economy? It’s all “because Democrats”? That’s a crock of shit.
Terri's about 51 cards short of a full deck; if ya know what I mean.

Terri4Trump, post: 22870690
When they took power they pushed their social engineering policy of trying to let minorities who wants to own a house own a house whether they could afford it or not.

“minorities” ??? wtf? White Bush can do no wrong? Wanting poor ‘non whites’ to own their own home when they can’t afford it caused the Great Bush Recession.

That’s because black people need to know that when they lose their job in a recession they can’t pay their mortgages like white people do.

Who is the author of that racist bull crap?

I didn’t find it in your links.

Your links:

Dems took power in 2007 and made so many loans to POOR black folk that THE GREAT BUSH RECESSION befell upon the entire world.

Lehman Brothers did no wrong - it’s those damned poor blacks being socially engineered by Democrats in 2007.

Do you realize how stupid your explanation is?

Last edited:
Now, can anyone explain to me why the first six years of the eight-year Bush presidency was just fine, and then magically, when the Democrats took over Congress, the economy tanked?

Yes. There ain’t no Democratic magic that tanked Bush’s six year record when they took over in 2007.

You are off by two years.

You have some serious flaws in declaring loans given in 2007 caused the solid Bush economy through 2006 to crumble. Here’s one

$60 bn in 2006 loans caused New Century Financial to go bankrupt in April 2007.
  • April 2, 2007: New Century Financial declares Chapter 11 bankruptcy. The company specialized in so-called “subprime” mortgages, or home loans to borrowers with poor credit histories, making $60 billion in such loans in 2006 alone. It attributes its financial troubles to an increasing number of borrowers who defaulted on their mortgages in a slumping housing market. Earlier in the year, the Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation (or “Freddie Mac”) announces that it will no longer purchase risky subprime mortgages and mortgage-related securities. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.history.com/.amp/topics/21st-century/great-recession-timeline

Please take note racist there is no claim that it was home loans to “minorities” with “poor credit histories” in the above link.

I must assume you think white people don’t have “poor credit histories” .

Terri4Trump, post: 22870690,

What bad Obama economy?

Why has TrumpO not been able to achieve a single year GDP above the 2015 GDP at 2.9%?

Why did mid-2013 through 2016 produce more jobs growth than 2017 through mid-2018?

TrumpO had a GOP Congress for those 30 months?

TrumpO can’t beat Obama’s preceding 30 months?

Is TrumpO’s economy ‘bad’ ?

Last edited:
Perhaps the mark of a great president is not the economy while he is president, but the economy after he leaves the presidency. There are a number of ways a president can create a good economy while he is president but it is what the president leaves, that is the key to a great president.

regent, post: 22916718
Perhaps the mark of a great president is not the economy while he is president, but the economy after he leaves the presidency. There are a number of ways a president can create a good economy while he is president but it is what the president leaves, that is the key to a great president.

Yepp, I’m all for TrumpO shutting his big yap about how he has already produced the greatest economy ever and how godawful Obama was?

During war time it exploded our deficits and debt.

Obama incurred more debt than all previous president combined your dickless worm. Where was your big fat faggot-ass mouth then.
Obama incurred more debt because he had the worst recession in our lifetime dumped on him by the right.

And you're lying when you falsely claim Obama added more debt than all other presidents before him combined.

It is very convient for Democrats to take ofice and then blame their failure on the previous Republican president. If by some miracle, one of the left-wing nuts wins in 2020, the economy will undoutedly tank and it will be Trump's fault. The smart money is in the markets. Notice what will happen to the market if it even looks like one of the Democrats will win. Also take note that all the left-wing nuts told us the markets would crash if Trump was elected. Meanwhile, the "smart" people knew that Trump would be fantastic for the markets and thus the markets went up, not down.

Liberal economists are led around by the nose by their ideology. They no longer use their knowledge to devise sound economic policy, they use their knowledge to try to prove that their ideology is sound, despite facts being to the contrary. Ideology trumps all for Liberals. Sadly, this has even infiltrated much scientiic thought as well.(man made climate change)
"If by some miracle, one of the left-wing nuts wins in 2020, the economy will undoutedly tank and it will be Trump's fault. The smart money is in the markets. Notice what will happen to the market if it even looks like one of the Democrats will win."

Untitled.png

... let me know when you start feeling stupid ...

You say this as trump sends us into a recession.

During war time it exploded our deficits and debt.

Obama incurred more debt than all previous president combined your dickless worm. Where was your big fat faggot-ass mouth then.
Obama incurred more debt because he had the worst recession in our lifetime dumped on him by the right.

And you're lying when you falsely claim Obama added more debt than all other presidents before him combined.

It is very convient for Democrats to take ofice and then blame their failure on the previous Republican president. If by some miracle, one of the left-wing nuts wins in 2020, the economy will undoutedly tank and it will be Trump's fault. The smart money is in the markets. Notice what will happen to the market if it even looks like one of the Democrats will win. Also take note that all the left-wing nuts told us the markets would crash if Trump was elected. Meanwhile, the "smart" people knew that Trump would be fantastic for the markets and thus the markets went up, not down.

Liberal economists are led around by the nose by their ideology. They no longer use their knowledge to devise sound economic policy, they use their knowledge to try to prove that their ideology is sound, despite facts being to the contrary. Ideology trumps all for Liberals. Sadly, this has even infiltrated much scientiic thought as well.(man made climate change)
You never did reply to this...

Average percentage changes of the DJIA, BASDAQ and S&P500 by president since Carter...

Clinton +245%
Obama +206%
Reagan +113%
GHW Bush +58%
Carter +45%
Trump +35%
Bush -38%

Kinda shatters your nonsense.
Update:

Clinton +245%
Obama +206%
Reagan +113%
GHW Bush +58%
Carter +45%
Trump +31%
Bush -38%

UPDATE
U.S. Unemployment Rate Falls to 50-Year Low

And now we see proof that the OP is correct, after almost a full term of Trump, unemployment is at a 50 year low and the economy is booming

UPDATE

And now we see proof that the OP is correct, after almost a full term of Trump, unemployment is at a 50 year low and the economy is booming
LOLOL

A two month old article to show the unemployment rate dropped 1 percentage point under Trump?

Dayum, you are one desperate bitch. :lmao:

Part Two: Prequel

Jimmy Carter, Democrat, president from 1977 to 1980. That man destroyed our economy. What happened in 2008 was nothing compared to the late 1970's. We had gas lines for miles, gas rationing, unemployment off the charts.

Ronald Reagan, Republican, was then elected in 1980 and gave us the greatest post WWII economic boom: Lowering taxes, freeing business from regulations... ....just like Trump is doing. It worked then and it works now.

Actually, that was Clinton that gave us the boom. The economy was in recession at the end of the Reagan administration.

But yes, lets do the math. Actual real world math, not troll math.

For all of its weakness, the Carter economy included the largest annual increase in nonfarm payrolls and tied with Reagan’s for the second-most annualized growth in gross domestic product. Carter’s economy also saw the biggest annual increase in home equity.

Trump benefits from GDP growth that leads the Group of Eight industrial nations, the lowest unemployment since the 1960s and, as he correctly tweeted on Jan. 21, “the best year for American Manufacturing job growth since 1997.” But Clinton tops the list of 14 measures in three categories, is second in six indicators and third in three of them. Obama wins four of the 14 measures and ranks second in two of them.

The Trump years have been no better than average and mostly below average in 12 of the 14 measures. The bond market suffered its worst performance the past two years than in any other presidency since Carter. Anemic productivity and a widening deficit as a percentage of GDP are the worst since George W. Bush was president. The dollar’s 3.2 percent annualized decline and GDP growth of 2.24 percent give Trump no better than a No. 5 ranking.

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

Please be sure to read the entire article, so there is no misinterpretation why you have been exposed as the troll that you are on this board, and no doubt any other boards you troll on.

Wow, wow!
You really don't know how your own country works,,,at all.
The Great Depression started in December 2007.
The Democrats passed their very first budget in 2007 and it didn't go into effect until new fiscal year started, October 1, 2007. Fiscal years for the government on October 1, 2008. A recession is two straight quarters of declines in real gross domestic product, the broadest gauge of U.S. growth. Therefore, the decline in the first quarter started in July, 2007and budget that was in effect was the GOP's. The GOP controlled the purse strings from 1995 until September 30th 2007. It is impossible to blame the Democrats as much of their first budget hadn't even taken effect.
=============================================
Now look at the two following graphs,
IncomeGrowthRates1948-2005-1024x768.png

This graph goes against what I think would be conventional wisdom — that Republicans do a better job with the economy than those taxing, government-worshipping Democrats. Surprisingly, if you look at personal income growth over the last fifty years under each kind of president (Democrat vs Republican), you discover that no matter which income percentile you fall into, you saw your income grow more during Democratic presidential administrations than during Republican administrations.
And the deficits.
Federal_Debt_1901-2010.png

tudying this graphic, you can clearly see that US government debt by year after WWII (1945) declined as a percentage of the nation’s gross domestic product (GDP) continually all the way until the Reagan years. You can also see that most of those post-war years were under solid Democratic control in both houses. Throughout the years of Reagonomics, however, the United State’s national debt as a percentage of GDP — after decades of decline – grew rapidly and continued to do so under President George Bush the First. Then U.S. debt plunged for the first time throughout the Clinton years (when taxes on the wealthy were raised) and finally began to rise again during the Bush II years (when taxes on the wealthy were cut again … even more than they were cut by Reagan).
So, while individual income grew better for everyone during Democratic administrations, the U.S.A. national debt grew much better for everyone under Republican administrations.
Deficits, Debts and Democrats vs Republicans — US national debt in graphs by year and president
You must hate reality as it seems you prefer a fantasy world.

LOLOL

Fucking moron.... a huge number of toxic subprime loans cratered the economy. You are completely brain-dead to think those loans were written in 2007.

Subprime_mortgage_originations%2C_1996-2008.GIF

Wow, wow!
You really don't know how your own country works,,,at all.
The Great Depression started in December 2007.
The Democrats passed their very first budget in 2007 and it didn't go into effect until new fiscal year started, October 1, 2007. Fiscal years for the government on October 1, 2008. A recession is two straight quarters of declines in real gross domestic product, the broadest gauge of U.S. growth. Therefore, the decline in the first quarter started in July, 2007and budget that was in effect was the GOP's. The GOP controlled the purse strings from 1995 until September 30th 2007. It is impossible to blame the Democrats as much of their first budget hadn't even taken effect.
=============================================
Now look at the two following graphs,
View attachment 292311
This graph goes against what I think would be conventional wisdom — that Republicans do a better job with the economy than those taxing, government-worshipping Democrats. Surprisingly, if you look at personal income growth over the last fifty years under each kind of president (Democrat vs Republican), you discover that no matter which income percentile you fall into, you saw your income grow more during Democratic presidential administrations than during Republican administrations.
And the deficits.
View attachment 292312
tudying this graphic, you can clearly see that US government debt by year after WWII (1945) declined as a percentage of the nation’s gross domestic product (GDP) continually all the way until the Reagan years. You can also see that most of those post-war years were under solid Democratic control in both houses. Throughout the years of Reagonomics, however, the United State’s national debt as a percentage of GDP — after decades of decline – grew rapidly and continued to do so under President George Bush the First. Then U.S. debt plunged for the first time throughout the Clinton years (when taxes on the wealthy were raised) and finally began to rise again during the Bush II years (when taxes on the wealthy were cut again … even more than they were cut by Reagan).
So, while individual income grew better for everyone during Democratic administrations, the U.S.A. national debt grew much better for everyone under Republican administrations.
Deficits, Debts and Democrats vs Republicans — US national debt in graphs by year and president
You must hate reality as it seems you prefer a fantasy world.
PHAKE NUZE

:spinner:

UPDATE

LOLOL

A two month old article to show the unemployment rate dropped 1 percentage point under Trump?

Dayum, you are one desperate bitch. :lmao:
/---/ The only desperation is your twists and distortions.
From the link: The Trump Administration’s pro-growth agenda provides job creators with the framework they need to expand their businesses and offer more opportunities for workers. Since the President’s election, the economy has added over 6.4 million jobs—more than the population of Maryland. Steady job growth in combination with sustained year-over-year wage increases are not only positive signs for the economy: They also improve workers’ quality of life and incentivize previously left-behind Americans to join the labor force.

Forum List

Back